Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me (9527 Views)

Victor Attah Slams Malami With ₦1.5 Bilion Defamation Suit / South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control / Akwa Ibom State Governor Renames Int'l Airport After Ex-Governor Victor Attah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by dre11(m): 6:47am On Jun 04, 2019
Joe Effiong, Uyo

Former governor of Akwa Ibom State, Obong Victor Attah, has disclosed he is still being haunted by his resource control fight which was to make the states manage their resources while paying some percentage to the Federal Government.

Though he never expatiated on the manner in which he is still being haunted, Attah told Daily Sun that the most disappointing aspect of the struggle was the lack of appreciation of his efforts by his fellow Niger Delta people.

“I told you that people actually thought they should just stop me because they suspected I was planning a secession. So, that was a very grievous thing to do by anybody who was fighting for the cause of the people. It is still hunting me.

“The problem is that even the Niger Delta people don’t appreciate what I did for them. The then president shouted at me; he was just pointing his finger at me at Port Harcourt on the day they were giving flags to party candidates. He said I was the cause of all the militancy in the Niger Delta, and that I was the one who put the resource control issue in their heads, thereby making them to be fighting and blowing up pipelines. I was accused of starting the militancy in the Niger Delta, simply because I preached resource control.

“If I have any regret, it is because the people of Niger Delta don’t seem to appreciate what I went through, I’m still fighting it. The next level is this federalism thing. Let me not say it is my regret, but many Niger Delta people don’t appreciate what somebody went through to make them what they are today,” he said.

Attah regretted the practice of abandoning of projects by succeeding regimes. He said if such were completed, the credit would go to the regime that started them.

“Let us get it that government is a continuum. The fact that somebody started something and you come and complete it does not mean nobody would recognise the role you played. So, completing the seaport, the science park, and re-establishing the university of technology is a continuation of government. We don’t need another conventional university for goodness sake. It is the university of technology that we need. If you know the programmes we have for that university, believe me, you would shed tears that it didn’t happen. When you finish those things, people would say, yes, this man came and built on a foundation that was established.”

Making reference to the last general election with particular reference to Akwa Ibom, Attah said it was much better than the previous one that people were not allowed to vote.

“I am very happy with the results. I’m not talking about how it was done, or how it wasn’t done, but, at least, this time, I voted.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/my-resource-control-fight-still-haunting-me-attah/

1 Like

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by JasonScoolari: 6:49am On Jun 04, 2019
No doubt you were fighting for a good cause, but you were a complete betrayal and a traitor.

I remembered how you frequent Asaba, Delta state to see Chief James Onanefe Ibori for him to help you form a phantom company called ADF to later siphon US$37.5million from Akwa Ibom state shares in V-Mobile and how you neglected my boss, Chief James Onanefe Ibori all through his ordeal, and that made the Niger Deltans see you as a bloody traitor.

You're very lucky Baba OBJ did not send the EFCC after you then.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by amaniro: 7:08am On Jun 04, 2019
Lol This man did practically nothing In Qua Iboe state. All accolades should be given to Akpabio.

2 Likes

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by Niaja4real(m): 7:19am On Jun 04, 2019
dre11:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/my-resource-control-fight-still-haunting-me-attah/

lalasticlala
Your fight for Resource Control was a selfless fight sir. Majority appreciate your efforts. May God continue to keep & protect u Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by gmaribel(m): 7:26am On Jun 04, 2019
amaniro:
Lol This man did practically nothing In Qua Iboe state. All accolades should be given to Akpabio.

With the resources available to him then, there was little he could do than just pay salaries.

2 Likes

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by thorpido(m): 7:36am On Jun 04, 2019
amaniro:
His fight for resource control yielded results that made huge funds available for Akpabio to execute the projects he did.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by aolawale025: 7:48am On Jun 04, 2019
Posterity will be kind to him.
For his fight on resource control

3 Likes

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 04, 2019
The father of resource control. Great man

1 Like

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:40am On Jun 04, 2019
where has the resource control issue lead to? instead it created miilitancy and some few rich warlords in the Niger delta region....

4 Likes

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by Ho746464: 9:31am On Jun 04, 2019
Join Now!!

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by Hotzone(m): 9:31am On Jun 04, 2019
U never c anything....even the ghost of those u ki//
Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by careytommy37(m): 9:31am On Jun 04, 2019
Your name is already written in gold Obong Owo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by kaen1317: 9:31am On Jun 04, 2019
Those living in barren arid land with little or no resources will not like that cos the only resource they have to control is sand

1 Like

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by Automatic3444(m): 9:32am On Jun 04, 2019
Hunter and the bush meat
Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by OBAGADAFFI: 9:32am On Jun 04, 2019
JasonScoolari:
No doubt you were fighting for a good cause, but you were a complete betrayal and a traitor.

I remembered how you frequent Asaba, Delta state to see Chief James Onanefe Ibori for him to help you form a phantom company called ADF to later siphon US$37.5million from Akwa Ibom state shares in V-Mobile and how you neglected my boss, Chief James Onanefe Ibori all through his ordeal, and that made the Niger Deltans see you as a bloody traitor.

You're very lucky Baba OBJ did not send the EFCC after you then.

cheesy

I remember that ECONET/V -MOBILE saga very much.
Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by positivelord: 9:33am On Jun 04, 2019
Oga na your lack of enduring legacy is hunting you...
Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by JasonScoolari: 9:35am On Jun 04, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:

cheesy

I remember that ECONET/V -MOBILE saga very much.
The thing still dey pain me I swear. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by Karemarealty288(m): 9:36am On Jun 04, 2019
The resources Tompolo is controlling grin grin
Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by GeorgeTheCoder: 9:37am On Jun 04, 2019
JasonScoolari:
[s]No doubt you were fighting for a good cause, but you were a complete betrayal and a traitor.

You're very lucky Baba OBJ did not send the EFCC after you then.[/s]

This one is just a slave to the thief Ibori

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by JubrinElSudan: 9:39am On Jun 04, 2019
LOL

That period, what we kept hearing was "Onshore/Offshore Oil Dichotomy " grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by wiseone28: 9:40am On Jun 04, 2019
And you made yourself as Udom's handbag..

I won't talk about Nkanga
Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by emerged01(m): 9:41am On Jun 04, 2019
Resource control is the key solution to Nigeria's problem.

1 Like

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by BRASH: 9:42am On Jun 04, 2019
This is what The terrorist states don't like. They want to keep on ripping from where they did not sow.

1 Like

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by Houseofglam7(f): 9:43am On Jun 04, 2019
undecided
Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by wakes: 9:43am On Jun 04, 2019
Ok
Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by Originakalokalo(m): 9:46am On Jun 04, 2019
Are you ready to meet your maker?

Death comes to us all ....it happens within a second...

Can you stand before the holy One who sits between the dreadful cherubims ?

Are you holy? Are you righteous? Have you accepted Jesus as your saviour and Lord?

Without Jesus, you cannot stand before the holy God.

Tick tock, the time is ticking.

1 Like

Re: Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me by wakes: 9:46am On Jun 04, 2019
Keep fighting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Direct Council Chairmen, Neighborhood Watch, Others To Man Land Borders / FIRS Denies Plans To Tax Social Media Platforms / A Look Inside Nigeria's Floating Slum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.