Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Whenever I Think About Nigeria, I See A Problem That Appears Unsolvable. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whenever I Think About Nigeria, I See A Problem That Appears Unsolvable. (442 Views)

Reno Omokri: "There Is An Order To Arrest Me Whenever I Step Foot In Nigeria" / 2019 Election Will Hold After 6 Days. I See Postponement / Nnamdi Kanu Really Proved Nigeria Problems Unsolvable-Charles Ogbu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whenever I Think About Nigeria, I See A Problem That Appears Unsolvable. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 31, 2017
Yesterday I wanted to do something in an office in the hospital. The lady at the desk was glued to her phone screen and had her earphones on. She was also nodding side to side gently and grimacing with her eyes semi-closed. I greeted her 'Good afternoon madam' but she responded with 'Àmín. Àmiiiiiiin. Àmín ni orúkọ Jésù. Àmín. Amiiinnnn.'
I noticed I wasn't the one she was responding to. She was responding to her phone, not me. So I banged the table to catch her attention. Startled, she quickly removed one earphone to listen to me. I wanted to look for a mail. She said I should go ahead and immediately plugged her ear again. The whole conversation lasted for 15 seconds.
As I was about to start shuffling through hundreds of envelopes, I peeped at her phone to know what kept her so rapt. It was a white garment prophetess except that her garment and headgear were blue instead of white. 'Mama' was conducting a prayer session on Facebook live video and the madam in front of me was participating. Hardly did she respond to anybody that called her attention.
One of her colleagues who was also supposed to join the prayer session but had forgotten remembered when she moved close to her friend. She quickly ran back to her desk, switched her Facebook on and plugged her ears. Prayer point by prayer point, song by song, they were binding and casting through the 1 hour+ I spent there. It was the other colleagues who didn't join the prayer session that were helping them attend to their work.
This was between 12 noon and 1 pm. Prime office time.
If you've ever lived in Yoruba land, you will notice something about the traditional pentecostal/white garment churches. They don't mind holding church programs in prime work time. 4 pm. No. 7 pm. No. They prefer 9 am on Monday or 12 noon on Wednesday. But just like the Internet is taking over everything else, the prophets and prophetesses are increasingly utilizing the internet instead of their churches and mountains to conduct their prayer sessions that are scheduled for prime work time.
Again, I don't know the cause or the effect. I don't know if this behaviour is the reason why those churches have the highest population of broke-ass jobless people or the high population of broke-ass jobless people in those churches is the reason for this behaviour. And now, office people who used to miss those programs because of their work can now join in on the Facebook live video. Reduced efficiency and productivity in government service. Huge economic losses to the society.
Whenever I think about Nigeria, I see a problem that appears unsolvable.
Culled from Facebook- Peter Adeosun Keyz

1 Like

Re: Whenever I Think About Nigeria, I See A Problem That Appears Unsolvable. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2017
there's no unsolvable problem.....be optimistic.
Re: Whenever I Think About Nigeria, I See A Problem That Appears Unsolvable. by njelrapheal: 12:25pm On Aug 31, 2017
This one is strong. I don't think they need prayers.. Lol
Re: Whenever I Think About Nigeria, I See A Problem That Appears Unsolvable. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 31, 2017
Lalasticlala I am sure this topic deserves front page compared to snake and other useless posts.
Re: Whenever I Think About Nigeria, I See A Problem That Appears Unsolvable. by EmeeNaka: 8:27pm On Aug 31, 2017
Nigeria problems are unsolvable,unless we accept the problems as norm,it cannot be solved
Re: Whenever I Think About Nigeria, I See A Problem That Appears Unsolvable. by chinoxstock: 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2017
Divide this country. That's the only way!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When Men Of Honour Walked Our Land / Private Refineries: Only 2 Licensees Making Progress – Fg / Fani-kayode Strongly Insists That Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Pres. Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.