Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,893 members, 7,841,356 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Abortion: Same As Murder? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abortion: Same As Murder? (9694 Views)

What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Is Abortion Right In This Instance? / Yellow Journalism! Bad As Murder. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by honeric01(m): 10:51pm On Feb 23, 2010
i have tried to ignore krayola's animal sermon, but i think i have one thing to say.

when it comes to animal being living thing as to a baby in the womb, is it wrong to hunt and kill animals and right for animals to hunt and kill humans? i hope you know we have hundreds of animals out there who hunt, kill and eat humans?

forget about dogs and cats, cattle or sheep, i am talking about the wild ones.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by H2O2: 10:52pm On Feb 23, 2010
chi-baby:

da difference is dat one breathes n da other doesnt even wiv da help of da mother! cool

atleast uve argreed that certain situations are exempt.
nwayz your argument is but fair and your opinion.
i still stand wiv mine that abortion is not and cannot equal murder. it cud equal manslaughter, child destruction but doesnt fit into da definition of murder wink
Why don't we just put all these arguments to rest for now, to be continued later ehn?

in the meantime you can maybe email me, it's on my profile @ yahoo . com so we can ignite some kind of romance. you're kind of cute lol.  cheesy
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by chibaby5(f): 10:56pm On Feb 23, 2010
H2O2:

Why don't we just put all these arguments to rest for now, to be continued later ehn?

in the meantime you can maybe email me, it's on my profile @ yahoo . com so we can ignite some kind of romance. you're kind of cute lol. cheesy

looooooooool jus admit dat i won da case tongue grin i knw i wud nwayz. tongue am a trainee barrister cool
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Akwasi(m): 11:08pm On Feb 23, 2010
Those of you reading this topic and have not yet had or cause an abortion, thank the Almighty GOD. Abortion is a first degree murder. It is the cruest form of murder I've ever known. You can't even compare it to stabbing a sleeping person.

What we are forget is we were like that thing we call embryo. That is the start of life. As soon as that fertilization takes place, that person is a day old. If you kill it, you have killed another human being and what makes it very cruel is you have killed a helpless and indefensible human being. Its worst than killing a sleeping man.

May GOD forgive all of us. Amen
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Krayola(m): 11:08pm On Feb 23, 2010
honeric01:

i have tried to ignore krayola's animal sermon, but i think i have one thing to say.

when it comes to animal being living thing as to a baby in the womb, is it wrong to hunt and kill animals and right for animals to hunt and kill humans? i hope you know we have hundreds of animals out there who hunt, kill and eat humans?

forget about dogs and cats, cattle or sheep, i am talking about the wild ones.

We should kill wild animals mainly because they are a threat, and only when we are threatened. I think hunting for sport is wrong. ANyways, wild animals are not a part of the "moral community". . .they do not have those characteristics I listed in a previous page, and for the most part are not given moral considerations. We can't exactly reach an agreement with wild lions and expect them to comply with what we agreed on  grin . Domesticated animals are trained to play by the rules, and we destroy them when they do not. Young fetuses are, IMO, not a part of the moral community either . . . at least no more than most adult animals, wild or domesticated are.

I'm no vegetarian, but I came pretty close to being forced to learn how to like veges. But then I found a weakness in the argument against eating animals  grin grin . But I came pretty close to having to admit it was morally wrong to eat animals.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by H2O2: 11:48pm On Feb 23, 2010
chi-baby:

looooooooool jus admit dat i won da case tongue grin i knw i wud nwayz. tongue am a trainee barrister cool
i don't care about the case. the law won the case.  i have no say in it except mere arguments that will amount to nothing.
i'm still waiting for my email. that's all i'm interested in winning.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by chibaby5(f): 11:54pm On Feb 23, 2010
H2O2:

i don't care about the case. the law won the case. i have no say in it except mere arguments that will amount to nothing.
i'm still waiting for my email. that's all i'm interested in winning.

lol watz da addy??
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by H2O2: 11:57pm On Feb 23, 2010
chi-baby:

da difference is dat one breathes n da other doesnt even wiv da help of da mother! cool
maybe it would breathe if you don't kill it off. how about that.
one breathes through the health of a mantion to sustain life, the other is helped to sustain its form of life through the umbilical connection to its mother. we are saying the same thing my dear.
atleast uve argreed that certain situations are exempt.
nwayz your argument is but fair and your opinion.
I did not say are.  i said certain air-thin situations might be exempt for now, until more scientific studies reveal something we don't yet know.
i still stand wiv mine that abortion is not and cannot equal murder. it cud equal manslaughter, child destruction but doesnt fit into da definition of murder wink
lol look at you "politicking" al these verbiage and razzle-dazzle of words won't negate the statements i have been making. at the end of the day, a baby with a potential to develop into possibly a revolutionizer of the human race is terminated before ever getting a chance to peep its head out of its mother's rear.  that much we can agree on.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by H2O2: 11:57pm On Feb 23, 2010
chi-baby:

lol watz da addy??
oh would you stop toying with me. i said it's on profile.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by chibaby5(f): 12:00am On Feb 24, 2010
H2O2:

oh would you stop toying with me. i said it's on profile.

and wud u calm dwn n say wateva u wanno say nicely! tongue
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by sunboy(m): 12:45am On Feb 24, 2010
Well i dont think its a sin but its inhuman, especially to we Africans. Islamicaly for some reasons abortion is acceptable as an option and not treated as a crime given that the days or weeks not morethan the specified weeks and has its concrete reasons which could result to a large thing. You should go and read the story of Musa(moses) and His master in the Quran , about their journey when he wanted to learn, his master did somethings which he assumed too cruel.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by obstead200(m): 4:01am On Feb 24, 2010
I'm a christian. but as far as I am concerned, abortion is NOT murder.
let us face the fact, a 3 week old foetus has no chance of surviving if delivered at that stage. u can hardly call it a human being.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Nobody: 4:06am On Feb 24, 2010
obstead200:

let us face the fact, a 3 week old foetus has no chance of surviving if delivered at that stage. u can hardly call it a human being.

How old are you? 10,11,?
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Jenna1(f): 4:33am On Feb 24, 2010
obstead200:

You are strong to say that as a Christian, I commend you! wink grin Stay blessed! grin
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by idifu(m): 9:20am On Feb 24, 2010
they are not the same, Murder is unlawful ,while Abortion isn't
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by babaijesha: 9:52am On Feb 24, 2010
Those of you reading this topic and have not yet had or cause an abortion, thank the Almighty GOD. Abortion is a first degree murder. It is the cruest form of murder I've ever known. You can't even compare it to stabbing a sleeping person.

What we are forget is we were like that thing we call embryo. That is the start of life. As soon as that fertilization takes place, that person is a day old. If you kill it, you have killed another human being and what makes it very cruel is you have killed a helpless and indefensible human being. Its worst than killing a sleeping man.

May GOD forgive all of us. Amen

Assume that your enemy is visited by armed robbers and in the process they raped her 14 year old daughter, and fertilization occurs same day.What will you do, abort or leave your 14 year old girl to carry the baby ?
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by honeric01(m): 10:23am On Feb 24, 2010
Krayola:

We should kill wild animals mainly because they are a threat, and only when we are threatened. I think hunting for sport is wrong. ANyways, wild animals are not a part of the "moral community". . .they do not have those characteristics I listed in a previous page, and for the most part are not given moral considerations. We can't exactly reach an agreement with wild lions and expect them to comply with what we agreed on  grin . Domesticated animals are trained to play by the rules, and we destroy them when they do not. Young fetuses are, IMO, not a part of the moral community either . . . at least no more than most adult animals, wild or domesticated are.

I'm no vegetarian, but I came pretty close to being forced to learn how to like veges. But then I found a weakness in the argument against eating animals  grin grin . But I came pretty close to having to admit it was morally wrong to eat animals.
  we should kill animals mainly only if they are threats? how is a baby in the womb a threat to that woman who intentionally had unprotected se.xx just because she's ready to abort once she gets pregnant? most of the wild animals we have on this earth are 90% intelligent than some domesticated animals we have around, baboon, monkeys, Chimps, Gorillas are very intelligent and can do all these features you outlined but that does not stop them from attacking humans, so your points about wild animals not in the moral community hold no matter because these animals behave the same way most domesticated animals behave.

i just can't continue talking about this abortion issue because we can never arrive at an understanding. in Nigeria, i think Abortion is a crime, so if you are in Nigeria, live by the rules.

DO NOT HAVE UNPROTECTED SE.XX IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO NURSE A BABY, STOP KILLING GOD'S GIFTS TO MANKIND, STOP DESTROYING THE SPERMS AND OVARIES YOU CAN'T CREATE, STOP KILLING BABIES YOU CAN'T CREATE, STOP THE DESTRUCTION, JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE IN A POSITION TO DESTROY A PREGNANCY DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN'T ALSO DIE IN THE PROCESS OF DESTROYING ANOTHER POTENTIAL LIFE.

my 100 kobo

EOD.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by obiksam(m): 10:55am On Feb 24, 2010
Abortion is said to be the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy. the natural expulsion of a fetus from the womb before it is able to survive independently, (ie) not yet a human, person etc. While
Murder is the unlawful premeditated killing of one person by another.

In simple words abortion is not the same as murder

What of those who are on birth control drugs is that murder? No.
All the same abortion is a high placed sin in the eye of God.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by afiq(m): 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2010
yes
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by lawak: 12:53pm On Feb 24, 2010
let's be careful guys, the devil has several ways of distracting some people from getting to know the truth. sometimes he uses some folks to change the topic and people waste their time and energy in argument, abusing and cursing others instead of discussing the topic, the truth is this: ABORTION is pure cold MURDER,

the human life begins at conception; as such, the human SOUL joins the body at conception and any termination of such life is cruelty and murder of innocent, harmless and helpless life.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by etsunu(m): 2:56pm On Feb 24, 2010
Nice question. This borders on scientific progression of embryo. Whether abortion is the same as murder depends mainly on the stage of the embryo when the abortion is committed. At the age of 6months, the soul is believed to have been instilled into the embryo. Since murder is killing of soul any abortion committed at the age of 6 months and above constitutes murder. Abortion and Murder are outputs of immorality from factory of ill faith, since non of the two common religions of Islam and Christianity preaches immorality, let us refrain from anything capable of indulging in these devilish acts.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:07pm On Feb 24, 2010
abortion=murder angry
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by bawomolo(m): 8:21pm On Feb 24, 2010
chi-baby:

and wud u calm dwn n say wateva u wanno say nicely! tongue

na thirst dey worry am grin

George_D:

abortion=murder angry

murder for cheap.
I rather have a woman abort a baby than force the financial burden on tax payers and welfare. Most of you guys against abortion are same ones who would refuse to adopt abandoned babies in orphans or support a welfare system for these kids.

a baby with a potential to develop into possibly a revolutionizer of the human race is terminated before ever getting a chance to peep its head out of its mother's rear. that much we can agree on.

the baby could also be stalin or hitler jr so who knows if the woman did us a favor. All that one na speculation.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by mamagee3(f): 3:38am On Feb 25, 2010
Mikaela:

Abortion means the end of a pregnancy before the fetus can survive.

Also known as murder.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by echobee(f): 7:15am On Feb 25, 2010
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssw
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 25, 2010
i am pro-choice, i believe it is a woman's decision either to bring a child in to the world or terminate the pregancy as she has to carry it, however if the father is present he also has a say so. In the case of rape, I personally wouldnt want to carry that child for 9 months for several reasons: i would not want to know my child is a product of my being violated, i couldn't see myself sending part of me off for adoption (selfish i know undecided), should i keep the baby i wouldnt want to have to "explain" their conception and lastly i wouldnt want to raise a child who would remind me of the rape and therefore resent them however, in the issue of not being responsible by messing around and not planning wisely, i wouldnt terminate my child because of my carelessness. In conclusion abortion is a lose lose situation no matter how you look at it because a life is lost and the emotional guilt of any woman with a heart will be hard to bear.

my mother had an abortion before me and this is some off twenty years ago, to the day she cannot speak of it without tearing up so just be careful and practive safe intimacy or abstinence until you are prepared to bring a life.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 25, 2010
H2O2:

in the meantime you can maybe email me, it's on my profile @ yahoo . com so we can ignite some kind of romance. you're kind of cute lol.  cheesy

lol!
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:20am On Feb 25, 2010
Abi oooo lmao, no be only hitler, what if the pikin na yar adua or turai? Even abacha self?
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:11pm On Feb 25, 2010
bawomolo:

murder for cheap.
I rather have a woman abort a baby than force the financial burden on tax payers and welfare. Most of you guys against abortion are same ones who would refuse to adopt abandoned babies in orphans or support a welfare system for these kids.

you choose to put financial consideration first before the life of an unborn child. what a shame!
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Lady2(f): 6:33am On Feb 26, 2010
Is abortion murder?

Yes it is.

Why?

Because it is life, not just life, but human life. Those who say it is not human life are ignorant of biology and the developments of the child in the womb.

What is life?

"life" is the condition which distinguishes active organisms from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, functional activity and the continual change preceding death.

the fetus (latin for 'young one') grows, it develops, it is a living mechanism, it is life.

So what life is it?

Is it a human life, a goat life, a plant life?

well let's see, a human begets a human, a goat begets a goat, a parrticular pant's seed begets the particular plant.

Since the fetus is begotten of the human, it is human life. How many of you are comfortable with ending human life?

Women are well into their 4th week before they find out they're pregnant, sometimes they don't even know. My aunt is currently pregnant and she didn't know until the 8th week.

During the 5th week, the brain, spinal cord, and heart are forming. Seeing that women are just finding out they're pregnant when they get an abortion, they are stopping a heart and brain, how many of you are comfortable with that?

By week 6 the heart is pumping blood.

by week 8, u have fingers

by week 11 you have the genitals.

This is the first trimester. If by the first trimester, the baby is pretty much formed or everything is set in place to distingusigh the fingers, the toes, the head, the brain and all, what do u expect to find in the second trimester.

Not just that, but the fetus has its own DNA, it's own body. The woman isn't doing anything to her body, she is destroying the body of another person.
It is a human being, so taking its life is murder.

I mentioned my aunt is pregnant she is now 13 and a half weeks. She had a miscarriage scare (pls pray for her), so to make sure the baby is ok they did an ultrasound. I was there when this happened.

I saw a human body, with fingers, toes, a head. I also saw the brain, and most importantly, I saw the heart beating. He was actually sucking his thumb and had the other had in a waving motion, so I took it he was saying hello to me. He was also very restless, and was moving very much, doing flips and such, it was amazing.

Now some people say it's not viable, well that is called development.
We do not stop developing even after we're outside of the womb, and infants cannot survive by themselves outside of the womb.
Give birth to a child and leave it and see what happens. He or she will die. Why? Because they are not developed to the point of surviving on their own and are still dependent on the mother just as when they are in the womb.

Stating that bcus the fetus isn't viable at a certain time it can be aborted is like saying that bcus infants cannot care for themselves at birth until they develop to the stage of being able to take care of themselves which is what? age 7 maybe? or age 18?, that they can be killed by their mothers bcus she feels she cannot care for the baby or that it is too dependent on her.

point is, we are humans and we are still developing and we all go through different stages of life, just bcus we haven't gotten to one stage does not mean that we are less important at the current stage.

a 12 year old girl who just saw her first menses is not more important than a 2 year old who is no where close to seeing her menses, it is called development.

The difference between killing the fetus in the womb and killing a new born baby, a 2 year old, a 10 year old, a 15 year old, a 20 year old, a 40 year old, a 65 year old is location.

it can be in the womb, the car, the house, the school, and in the case of Andrea Yates the bath tub. either way it is called killing, it is called murder.

To the person who said that "ofcourse it isn't murder, if it was murder it wouldn't be legal". Your logic is highly flawed, here's how. Just because something is legal does not make it the right thing, does not make it humane, does not make it correct.

Case in point? Slavery. It was legal, but because it was legal does it make it right? It was still an afffront to human dignity, and the rights of the human to be counted as human.

To those who say well I won't do it, but who am I to judge another?

That logic is flawed.

Once again, slavery. Whites felt it was their right to own slaves, they felt there was nothing wrong with it.
by your thinking slavery should be legal and each person can make their own personal choice to own slaves or not to own slaves.

Why don't we apply that to logic to murder, stealing, rape, etc?

I personally would not kill, rape, or steal, but if someone else wishes to do so, who am i to judge them?

Does that make sense to you?

All too often ppl confuse judging ppl's souls with judging their actions.

We can correct another when they've done something wrong, we can judge the actions of others, we cannot judge whether or not they're going to hell or heaven.

Saying we can't judge the actions of others means our justice system is wrong and that we shouldn't have the court of law.

We can love the person and hate the sin. Stating that abortion is wrong and murder does not mean you are condemning the person, you are condemning the action, and until we start standing up for what is right, we will no longer be able to tell when someone does something wrong.

And no when it comes to right or wrong, there are no gray areas, it is black and white. Either the ending of innocent life is murder or it is not. It is not a matter of moral relativism.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Lady2(f): 6:43am On Feb 26, 2010
<What of those who are on birth control drugs is that murder? No>

Actually it can be murder bcus a lot of BCs are abortificients, meaning after conception they prevent the egg from implanting, development has already started.
So women thinking 'oh i'm on bc, i'm not pregnant' have actually become pregnant but their BC's have prevented their baby from implanting.

IUDs are the worst.

This is why the problem starts with BCs or artificial contraceptives. People expect these things to work and when they don't, they resort to killing the child.
It is a case of ppl not wanting to take responsibilities for their actions.

Planned Parenthood reported that 54% of the women who had abortions were using contraceptives that is 54% more than half of them were on contraceptives.

The problem is with the lack of self control. People need to start controlling themselves, and we need to stop teaching our kids that they're animals with no self-control. This is what distinguishes us from other mammals, we have self-control. We have a more developed frontal lobe, and can think. We don't hump every Tom, Dick, and Emeka just when we want to, or is it every Ngozi, Yemi, and Amina.

1 Like

Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by parislomo(f): 8:09am On Feb 26, 2010
~LADY~: excellent! Brilliant!!

kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Obtain Strong Faith (six Principles) By Dr. Fred. K.c. Price / What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? / Pastor chris: Use The Name Of Jesus With Understanding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.