Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,953 members, 7,838,397 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Abortion: Same As Murder? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abortion: Same As Murder? (9692 Views)

What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Is Abortion Right In This Instance? / Yellow Journalism! Bad As Murder. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by H2O2: 12:00am On Feb 23, 2010
Jennasmiley:

If one must for medical or personal reasons terminate a pregnancy I don't see it as murder. It is a personal decision.

If a woman has one and does it again and again, then yes her negligence has cause for life to be lost for nothing. Someone should intervene with her.

The bible say we aren't alive till we breathe the first breath of life.

God knows we all just do our best to survive

I never had one, wouldn't want to. I myself don't think I could handle it! My prayers go out to anyone who's had to go through something like that.

As a catholic, I am supposed to say it's a sin and don't do it. However someone's life is not mine to make or judge so it is up to them.
What are you on about? There is no uniformity to your argument. None whatsoever.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Jenna1(f): 12:04am On Feb 23, 2010
then read it again cause this isn't a black and white world we live in there are a few grey areas. I said my opinion. End of story!! If you don't like it create your own opinion and post it rather than disect mine! grin cool
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by H2O2: 12:05am On Feb 23, 2010
Jennasmiley:

then read it again cause this isn't a black and white world we live in there are a few grey areas. I said my opinion. End of story!! If you don't like it create your own opinion and post it rather than disect mine! grin cool
There's nothing wrong with dissecting your own opinions, so if you have a problem with your opinions being dissected then don't post them.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Jenna1(f): 12:11am On Feb 23, 2010
Then tell me what your problem is about what I posted?!? I meant everything stated. What do you wish changed for your pleasure??
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by H2O2: 12:13am On Feb 23, 2010
smiley
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by THEAMAKA(f): 1:26am On Feb 23, 2010
i don't believe abortion is murder. . . the "thing" isn't even alive technically.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Rehana2: 1:45am On Feb 23, 2010
Abortion is sad, but sadder if the mother brings and unwanted child into the world, if she can't cope, or if she wants the child but knows she won't cope etc. Adoption might be someone's prayer answered if they cannot have a child. All of these things depend on circumstances, how late is the abortion etc. Grieving hits some women when they realise what they have done, but it's too late then, others its a relief.

Its a very personal thing, never had abortion but have miscarried and had a hard time with that.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Enockia(m): 1:46am On Feb 23, 2010
THE AMAKA:

i don't believe abortion is murder. . . the "thing" isn't even alive technically.

how can u say such a thing
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by THEAMAKA(f): 1:54am On Feb 23, 2010
because people have different opinions. and we don't all see eye to eye
now SHOOO FLY, DON'T BOTHER ME.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Enockia(m): 2:04am On Feb 23, 2010
Amaka this thing nevar reach qurrel o
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by TheSly: 2:25am On Feb 23, 2010
There is nothing wrong with Abortion. . . .If done by experts. cool
Its one of those things jor. cool
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by sexyLeamon(f): 2:42am On Feb 23, 2010
I do believe it is murder. By the 18th day of conception, there is a heartbeat. Anything with a heartbeat, is a living being. And I get really annoyed at women who make silly statement like "its my body and I do whatever I like" sure it is your body but taking a life, without ones choice is the most brutal form of cruelty.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Enockia(m): 5:39am On Feb 23, 2010
The Sly:

There is nothing wrong with Abortion. . . .If done by experts. cool
Its one of those things jor. cool

some people sha
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by 190: 8:06am On Feb 23, 2010
190 strolls in,
sits down and watch the unending drama~
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by parislomo(f): 8:59am On Feb 23, 2010
it is murder! it is murder!! It is BLOODSHED!!

"before I formed you in the womb I knew you. . . "
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by amara2(f): 9:04am On Feb 23, 2010
Don't they give out free contraceptive pills in Naija? undecided
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by smooooooth: 9:04am On Feb 23, 2010
parislomo:

[color=#770077]"before I formed you in the womb I knew you. . . "[/color]

i swear i was just gonna say this. we seem to have the same kinda mind.

abortion is murder, like paris said, God has known u even before u were conceived by ur parents. even b4 they came 2geder.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:17am On Feb 23, 2010
Yes it is murder! Think of snatching life away from an innocent unborn child!

I believe "do not make decisions that would leave you unwilling to bear the consequences!"
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Krissykriss(m): 9:59am On Feb 23, 2010
If u read d bible & think it aint wrong, go read Exodus 21:22 & 23. Hit a pregnant women & she looses her child, u must be put to death (same punishment for a murderer). That was Gods command in those verses.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by olab2k(m): 10:37am On Feb 23, 2010
Abortion! Abortion!! Abortion!!! . Have you ever imagine the consequence of abortion.. I cant say if it is a sin, but i know that it is inhuman to carry out an abortion. Mind you, there are many Negative consequence than positive reason for abortion.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Ekhare: 10:58am On Feb 23, 2010
It beats my imagination the way some people approached vitals issues here. If your mother had aborted you, i know you would not have been alive today to type all these trash. Whether wanted or not, those who engage in abortion are murderers. Your little knowledge from books should be the basis of leading people into perdition. There are women today who felt it doesn't matter what I do with my body but today, they crying foul. Be wise, think twice for abortion is against the word of God.

@Makael or whatever your name is please stop all that you are saying about God. Remember John Lennon, Tacredo Neves, Marilyn Monroe, Cazuza, etc they despised God and castigated Him but today they are in the "Valley of the Cauldrons". Please learn to respect God.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by otokx(m): 11:54am On Feb 23, 2010
large scale murder.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2010
omg, no.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by mufasa(m): 12:28pm On Feb 23, 2010
parislomo:

"before I formed you in the womb I knew you. . . "

Where will you place using a condom or Morning after pill, manslaughter?

Krissykriss:

@michelin & Akinagirl. D dictionary defnition i just saw says Abortion: To bring about d loss of an unborn child from d womb.
Come to think of it, what do u abort in d name of abortion? U may well say pregnancy. Fine. What made up d pregnancy? When do we say one is pregnant? D same dictionary says Pregnant: carrying an unborn young in d womb.

The definition of abortion varies from country to country. In Nigeria it is the loss of product of conception before 28th completed weeks of gestation, in the UK the time period is 24 weeks whilst in the US it is 20 weeks.

The period put in weeks is the age of viability of the fetus. That means a fetus @ 28 weeks in Nigeria can survive whilst that born @ 20 weeks in the US can survive.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by mrkid(m): 12:35pm On Feb 23, 2010
i don't think any one as answered the poster's question. if any one wants to answer this question the first thing that should come to the persons mind is what if is mother as aborted him will he be a living being today. before giving is answer
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by realdemi(f): 12:36pm On Feb 23, 2010
Three weeks from the first day of your last menstrual period the fertilised egg moves slowly along the fallopian tube towards the womb. The egg begins as one single cell. This cell divides again and again. By the time the egg reaches the womb it has become a mass of over 100 cells, called an embryo, ant is still growing. Once in the womb, the embryo burrows into the womb lining. This is called implantation.

The embryo now settles into the womb lining. The outer cells reach out like roots to link with the mothers blood supply. The inner cells form into two and then later into three layers. Each of these layers will grow to be different parts of the baby's body. One layer becomes the brain and nervous system, the skin, eyes and ears. Another layer becomes the lungs, stomach and gut. The third layer becomes the heart, blood, muscles and bones.

[b]The fifth week is the time of the first missed period when most women are only just beginning to think they may be pregnant. Yet already the baby's nervous system is starting to develop. [/b]A groove forms in the top layer of cells. The cells fold up and round to make a hollow tube called the neural tube. This will become the baby's brain and spinal cord, so the tube has a 'head end' and a 'tail end'. Defects in this tube are the cause of spina bifida.

www.askbaby.com/foetal-development.htm

ABORTION=MURDER. End of story!

I only subscribe to it for the sake of self-defense I.E. When a mother's life is at risk e.g. ectopic pregnancies and it should be carried out by a gynecologist.  QED!

@Mufasa
Condoms/pills used in the context of marriage is allowed; outside that, u are basically on your own. ZIP UP!

@Mrkid. God bless u a million times and over.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by mufasa(m): 12:40pm On Feb 23, 2010
real_demi:

@Mufasa
Condoms/pills used in the context of marriage is allowed; outside that, u are basically on your own. ZIP UP!

I hope you are aware that married couples too procure abortions.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Bolarge(m): 12:45pm On Feb 23, 2010
mufasa:

I hope you are aware that married couples too procure abortions.
Nothing she said either denied that nor approved of it.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by jumie(f): 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2010
Yes it is murder!

Shikena!

I think it's wiser to have the baby and put it up for adoption if you don't want it!
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by jesuseun1(m): 12:54pm On Feb 23, 2010
we shld not prolong issues here,abortion is simply a termination of a life which is equal to murder.we are just in endtyme,

pple will just look for reasons to cover up their argument.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by ec3l(m): 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2010
The Amaka ur sound so imature sometimes, remember "that thing" later became u.
If ur mum aborted "that thing" i wonder how u'd be here typing crap. Abortion is murder, its d removal of life growing inside u. No matter how under developed a baby is, its still human. And to end the life of a human is murder, call it foetus,pregnancy,na u sabi.
If u can call it murder when someone stabs another person to death, i think u should also call it murder when a growing human life is disconnected from its source, its even worse.
Re: Abortion: Same As Murder? by Amigoz(f): 12:58pm On Feb 23, 2010
mr kid:

i don't think any one as answered the poster's question. if any one wants to answer this question the first thing that should come to the persons mind is what if is mother as aborted him will he be a living being today. before giving is answer

for a kid, Mr Kid, u sure gat a lot of wisdom  tongue 9ce.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Obtain Strong Faith (six Principles) By Dr. Fred. K.c. Price / Pastor chris: Use The Name Of Jesus With Understanding / A LIFE WITHOUT CHRIST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.