Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,217 members, 7,860,376 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:09 AM

Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) (2942 Views)

National Commission For Prohibition Of Hate Speeches Bill Introduced By Senate / Goodluck Jonathan Life Patron Of Miyetti Allah? – Lauretta Onochie / Hate Speeches Breeding Ground For Genocide – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by GavelSlam: 10:59am On Sep 01, 2017
Afam4eva:

Why is it also difficult to grasp that the president himself is not engendering peace and tranquility by his utterances. He has proven time and time again to be a tribal bigot and sectional aficionado.

If you think so get him impeached.

If you think he has the mandate of majority from an election that was held then he is free to pursue policies in line with the expectations of his voters. This includes policies to foster greater peace.
Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by tuniski: 11:21am On Sep 01, 2017
wirinet:

Numerous hate speeches by buhari? Hate is speeches against who? Now, do you want us to compare hate speeches by KANU, TAN, PDP and its supporters to the so called hate speeches by Buhari? We can embark on a compare and contrast analysis. Fortunately, Google does not forget.

PDP, TAN ain't anybody's name. However buhari has continually made hate speeches as highlighted by Reno.
Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by wirinet(m): 11:43am On Sep 01, 2017
tuniski:

PDP, TAN ain't anybody's name. However buhari has continually made hate speeches as highlighted by Reno.

And Reno represent what? OK highlight the hate speeches let's see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by modik(m): 1:34pm On Sep 01, 2017
GavelSlam:

Why do you guys love to insult people?

Buhari, as president of Nigeria, has the mandate of the electorate to pursue policies to engender peace and tranquillity.

I wonder why this is a difficult concept to grasp.

"He who goes to equity goes with clean hands"

He as the president has been going after those who contravened the law in prior years before he became president!

Has he himself made any hate speech in those days in question?

Stop prevarication!

It seems you are skilled in skirting around the truth??
Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by GavelSlam: 1:40pm On Sep 01, 2017
modik:

"He who goes to equity goes with clean hands"

He as the president has been going after those who contravened the law in prior years before he became president!

Has he himself made any hate speech in those days in question?

Stop prevarication!

It seems you are skilled in skirting around the truth??

The questions I pose to you are simple ; do you wish for hate speeches to become the order of the day?

If no, do you wish the government of the day to find solutions to reducing it?
Or shall this only be done by a government you are in support of?
Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by modik(m): 1:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
GavelSlam:

The questions I pose to you are simple ; do you wish for hate speeches to become the order of the day?

If no, do you wish the government of the day to find solutions to reducing it?
Or shall this only be done by a government you are in support of?

Be that as it may,

He who lives in a glass house need not throw stones!

I guess I'm well understood?

Modified:

In other words, Those who in the past set the whole country ablaze with their unethical hate speeches in order to clinch power, should not be the ones scouting for others spreading the same fire they mischievously kindled.

What goes round, comes around!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by tuniski: 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2017
wirinet:

And Reno represent what? OK highlight the hate speeches let's see.
Watch the video Reno already highlighted them. Anyway, the height of hate speeches by buhari is the infamous 97% V 5% percentile as president!
Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by wirinet(m): 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2017
tuniski:

Watch the video Reno already highlighted them. Anyway, the height of hate speeches by buhari is the infamous 97% V 5% percentile as president!

How can this statement be construed as hate speech;

“I hope you have a copy of the election results. The constituents, for example, gave me 97% [of the vote] cannot in all honesty be treated on some issues with constituencies that gave me 5%.”

Politicians the world over play to their base. In the US president Trump plays mainly to his white or should I say alt right conservative base. How many appointments within the white house or cabinet are given to Blacks, Latinos, native Americans and other minority groups.

Politics just like war is about alliances and rewarding loyalties.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by Afam4eva(m): 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2017
modik:

Be that as it may,

He who lives in a glass house need not throw stones!

I guess I'm well understood?

Modified:

In other words, Those who in the past set the whole country ablaze with their unethical hate speeches in order to clinch power, should not be the ones scouting for others spreading the same fire they mischievously kindled.

What goes round, comes around!
GBAM

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by tuniski: 8:50pm On Sep 01, 2017
wirinet:

How can this statement be construed as hate speech;

Politicians the world over play to their base. In the US president Trump plays mainly to his white or should I say alt right conservative base. How many appointments within the white house or cabinet are given to Blacks, Latinos, native Americans and other minority groups.

Politics just like war is about alliances and rewarding loyalties.
That is naked hate speech! A president should never utter such trash whether it is a political reality or not. By the way, the president sworn to be fair and just to all citizens. After election, there is nothing like constituencies that gave you this or that. Oh lest I forget, why take the oil wealth of constituencies that gave you 5% and share it most with 95 percentile, why?
It is the worst form of hate speech for a sitting president to rank his citizens on the basis of political choice. (those for him V those against him)!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by wirinet(m): 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2017
tuniski:

That is naked hate speech! A president should never utter such trash whether it is a political reality or not. By the way, the president sworn to be fair and just to all citizens. After election, there is nothing like constituencies that gave you this or that. Oh lest I forget, why take the oil wealth of constituencies that gave you 5% and share it most with 95 percentile, why?
It is the worst form of hate speech for a sitting president to rank his citizens on the basis of political choice. (those for him V those against him)!

You guys are just behaving like whining cry babies, you are refusing to accept that you lost in your political gamble.
Immediately buhari won you guys went to town making all kinds of demands like you want key political posts like secretary to the FG, you demand second Niger bridge, you demand roads, etc, when people that voted him had not even made any demands. Buhari was just reminding you guys that in politics, you have to take care of your supporters before your antagonists.

Now answer me, was it also hate speech when Jonathan made the following declarations;

Igbo is the strongest pillar of my administration–Jonathan

While presenting President Goodluck Jonathans’ address, his representative, Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo expressed profound gratitude to Igbo for,”being the greatest pillar of support to my person and administration. My administration have taken cognizance of the unalloyed support of the Igbo. Igbo is the ethnic group that has supported my administration greatly and I promise that it will not be taken for granted”.

“This is evident in the level of Federal attention the infrastructure in the south-east is receiving as examplified and in the roads, commencement of international operations at the Akanu-Ibiam airport, Enugu, the dredging of the river Niger to boost inland water ways transport. The Akanu-Ibiam airport will have all the trappings of an international airport.
http://247ureports.com/2013/09/30/igbo-is-the-strongest-pillar-of-my-administration-jonathan/

According to Jonathan, Igbo's are his biggest supporters - not Yorubas, not Hausas, so he would favour the igbos as against the Yorubas.

See this thread for reactions of fellow igbos then - https://www.nairaland.com/1459233/igbos-remain-pillar-govt-jonathan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by Joshuasaintiago: 9:34pm On Sep 01, 2017
smartty68:
Buhari the grand patron of hate speech undisputed cheesy

His slaves(Buhari Media Crew - BMC) are coming for your head
BUHARI MEDIA COW
Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by tuniski: 7:10am On Sep 02, 2017
wirinet:

You guys are just behaving like whining cry babies, you are refusing to accept that you lost in your political gamble.
Immediately buhari won you guys went to town making all kinds of demands like you want key political posts like secretary to the FG, you demand second Niger bridge, you demand roads, etc, when people that voted him had not even made any demands. Buhari was just reminding you guys that in politics, you have to take care of your supporters before your antagonists.

Now answer me, was it also hate speech when Jonathan made the following declarations;

According to Jonathan, Igbo's are his biggest supporters - not Yorubas, not Hausas, so he would favour the igbos as against the Yorubas.

See this thread for reactions of fellow igbos then - https://www.nairaland.com/1459233/igbos-remain-pillar-govt-jonathan
Very lame! There is nothing wrong in having strong support base in fact, it is a need! Every politician/party has strongholds however, the president of nigeria must not only run an inclusive govt he must be seen to be doing so in letter and spirit!

Let us for the purpose of this therefore, recognize that the north/stronghold of buhari hasn't been voting pdp candidate during presidential elections since 2003. Yet, they were never openly or otherwise discriminated against. They were favoured more than the 5% percentile by GeJ. That is presidential and love not the buhari's hate speech in word and action!
By the way, I have more closeness by region and faith to buhari than to GEJ. I am moslem and northerner!
Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by wirinet(m): 11:20am On Sep 02, 2017
tuniski:

Very lame! There is nothing wrong in having strong support base in fact, it is a need! Every politician/party has strongholds however, the president of nigeria must not only run an inclusive govt he must be seen to be doing so in letter and spirit!

Let us for the purpose of this therefore, recognize that the north/stronghold of buhari hasn't been voting pdp candidate during presidential elections since 2003. :oYet, they were never openly or otherwise discriminated against. They were favoured more than the 5% percentile by GeJ. That is presidential and love not the buhari's hate speech in word and action!
By the way, I have more closeness by region and faith to buhari than to GEJ. I am moslem and northerner!

And i am closer to GEJ by faith and religion than Buhari, but that does not mean i will tell outright lies to support my position. Check the statistics again, apart from the last elections, there was never a time PDP got less than 30% of votes in the presidential elections in the north west. During the 2011 elections GEJ won up to 35% of the votes in Buhari's home state.

You avoided my question about the "hate speech" by GEJ about only one tribe being the pillars of his administration, meaning other tribes are non load bearing walls.
You also conveniently forgot the Yorubas who were bitter about not being carried along by GEJ. Oh I forgot,you think their complaints were unfounded.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by Afam4eva(m): 11:24am On Sep 02, 2017
wirinet:

And i am closer to GEJ by faith and religion than Buhari, but that does not mean i will tell outright lies to support my position. Check the statistics again, apart from the last elections, there was never a time PDP got less than 30% of votes in the presidential elections in the north west. During the 2011 elections GEJ won up to 35% of the votes in Buhari's home state.

You avoided my question about the "hate speech" by GEJ about only one tribe being the pillars of his administration, meaning other tribes are non load bearing walls.
You also conveniently forgot the Yorubas who were bitter about not being carried along by GEJ. Oh I forgot,you think their complaints were unfounded.
You're a blatant liar. Jonathan made the statement you're talking about when he paid a visit to the south east. It's normal for leaders to massage the egos of the people they visit. he made similar statements in other parts of the country that he visited. Beside the statement about Igbos being a pillar of his administration does not in anyway discount other parts of the country and he never said so, so i'm surprised that you're reading other meanings into the statement. Keep manufacturing hate speeches that do not exist.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by tuniski: 11:33am On Sep 02, 2017
wirinet:

I am yoruba and I am not bitter. Yorubas ain't bitter people. A 55-45 spilt only shows the sophistry of yorubas. By the way, whether 35% or 97%, the buhari north hasnt been voting PDP QED! Come 2019 the north central will revert to back to PDP and that will be the end of apc!
The votes against buhari in the north has always been by non natives who in 2015 were chased away from voting by sheer threat to life!
Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by wirinet(m): 11:53am On Sep 02, 2017
Afam4eva:

You're a blatant liar. Jonathan made the statement you're talking about when he paid a visit to the south east. It's normal for leaders to massage the egos of the people they visit. he made similar statements in other parts of the country that he visited. Beside the statement about Igbos being a pillar of his administration does not in anyway discount other parts of the country and he never said so, so i'm surprised that you're reading other meanings into the statement. Keep manufacturing hate speeches that do not exist.

You agreed that Jonathan made the speech, so where is the lie.

It is you that is now being economical with with truth, Jonathan made that kind of speech only in the South east, he never made similar speech in other parts of the country.

According to you it is the location and context within which a speech was made that renders it hate speech and not the words itself. Buhari saying "The constituents, for example, that gave me 97% cannot in all honesty be treated on some issues with constituencies that gave me 5%.” is hate speech because it was said at At The US Institute Of Peace, US, but Jonathan's speech "Igbo is the strongest pillar of my administration" is "love speech" because it was said in Enugu among Igbos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is The Grand Patron Of Hate Speeches - Reno Omokri (video) by Oblang(m): 11:57am On Sep 02, 2017
This ppl whining about marginalization tot we ve forgotten how their gej marginalize the yorubas in his govt. They should wait till 2019 if they don't like buhari and stop disturbing our ear...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Bayelsa State Civil Service Commission Launches Their Website Today. / Man Who Made Jubril Is Making Osinbanjo IPOB Raises Alarm Call USA / Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.