Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Stolen Car!!! Please Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Stolen Car!!! Please Help (2431 Views)

Buying My First Car, Please Share Your Experience / How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help / How To Avoid Buying A Foreign But Stolen Car In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stolen Car!!! Please Help by dokunbam(m): 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
A Grey colored 2011 Toyota Camry car was snatched at gunpoint yesterday night around 11:30 pm along the ojodu-Abiodun road, ojodu Berger.
Reg No: LND 660EP.
Chasis No: 4T1BK3EK2AU602032.
Any information would be useful, please. Kindly call 08095982710 or visit the nearest police station if found. Thank you.

Lalasticlala, marpol this is urgent, please

The image here was when the car had an accident.

2 Shares

Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by RoyalBlak007: 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2017
♤OjoduAbiodun? and there is a Police station at Ojodu oh undecided

♤ God help you....just pray your car isn't in Ibadan now....or Ogun state sef
Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by dokunbam(m): 1:45pm On Sep 01, 2017
RoyalBlak007:
♤OjoduAbiodun? and there is a Police station at Ojodu oh undecided

♤ God help you....just pray your car isn't in Ibadan now....or Ogun state sef

Thanks bro

I pray so
Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by RoyalBlak007: 1:49pm On Sep 01, 2017
♤ Lalasticlala

♤Mynd44 help a broda
Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by Lexusgs430: 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2017
We shout about tracking devices, still people are not listening ..........

Its after the vehicle is stolen, they would expect people to start hunting for the almost invisible ..............

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by dokunbam(m): 6:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
lala please help a brother out
Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by sultaan(m): 10:27pm On Sep 01, 2017
My brother you drive thief magnet and it's only a matter of time for thieves to get attracted to your car hope you buy something th eye don't like next tome

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:41am On Sep 02, 2017
sultaan:
My brother you drive thief magnet and it's only a matter of time for thieves to get attracted to your car hope you buy something th eye don't like next tome

i just knew I would find you here cheesy
Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by mejai(m): 6:04am On Sep 02, 2017
sultaan:
manual gear all d tym.... grin
Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 02, 2017
Dash me any Toyota brand and I swear by the irunmoles - I will immediately put it up for sale.

Y should I buy a car that will keep my heart racing each it time it is parked in an open space?

I was at Omole Phase 1 yesterday and I saw a man parked his black Toyota highlander on the street just by “Our Home Hotel” - and you needed to see this huge anti-theft steering wheel lock the owner used in chaining the poor ride. I just laughed and zoomed off.

Buy German machine, una no go hear - Shioooor!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by bravolad(m): 1:59pm On Sep 02, 2017
Zoharariel:
Dash me any Toyota brand and I swear by the irunmoles - I will immediately put it up for sale.

Y should I buy a car that will keep my heart racing each it time it is parked in an open space?

I was at Omole Phase 1 yesterday and I saw a man parked his black Toyota highlander on the street just by “Our Home Hotel” - and you needed to see this huge anti-theft steering wheel lock the owner used in chaining the poor ride. I just laughed and zoomed off.

Buy German machine, una no go hear - Shioooor!

My dear, just about any car can be stolen. Pray you are not targeted. People need to do the basic things like tracking etc. & park within visibility.

You may argue about the frequency of stealing certain brands. If the other brands are common & in high demand, they would also be targeted. Those heartless criminals also go for what can be sold seamlessly, which some of these Toyota & Honda brands offer.

Often times, we criticise car owners for not insuring their cars, but when u consider the level of poverty in the land, insurance becomes a luxury. I have seen people struggle to feed after buying a car. Advising such a person to buy an insurance policy is an exercise in futility.

3 Likes

Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by Lexusgs430: 3:12pm On Sep 02, 2017
bravolad:

My dear, just about any car can be stolen. Pray you are not targeted. People need to do the basic things like tracking etc. & park within visibility.

You may argue about the frequency of stealing certain brands. If the other brands are common & in high demand, they would also be targeted. Those heartless criminals also go for what can be sold seamlessly, which some of these Toyota & Honda brands offer.

Often times, we criticise car owners for not insuring their cars, but when u consider the level of poverty in the land, insurance becomes a luxury. I have seen people struggle to feed after buying a car. Advising such a person to buy an insurance policy is an exercise in futility.

Then the car is a liability.... If buying a 2017 is what your heart desires, but your pocket after purchase, is only eyeing 2010 model. Buy it, insure it, track it, have funds to eat and comot face .........

If buying a car becomes an issue, when the buyer or his family cannot fend for themselves, they better buy bicycle or manage BRT .......

8 Likes

Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Then the car is a liability.... If buying a 2017 is what your heart desires, but your pocket after purchase, is only eyeing 2010 model. Buy it, insure it, track it, have funds to eat and comot face .........

If buying a car becomes an issue, when the buyer or his family cannot fend for themselves, they better buy bicycle or manage BRT .......

excellent!!

2 Likes

Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

What will you have for dinner?
You need to eat and replenish wherever this post came from.
Perfect! Apt! Succinctly put!

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by Lexusgs430: 8:21pm On Sep 02, 2017
PaperLace:

What will you have for dinner?
You need to eat and replenish wherever this post came from.
Perfect! Apt! Succinctly put!

I am having oven-baked potatoes, hash brown & chicken wings ......

Once i chop this one finish, nah to fast remain .......

Too much grammar for my small head .........

Thanks for asking..... Thank you

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by bravolad(m): 9:17pm On Sep 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

If that's the case, then @OP has no business coming to nairaland. He should be going to his insurance or reverting to the tracking devise for solution. This is an ideal situation.

My post stems from personal observation in the past years as few car owners buy comprehensive insurance or even track their cars. We shouldn't pretend as though all is well & every vehicle owner does comprehensive insurance or track their cars.

One out of 10 car owners insure or track their cars. This is also because it's not a requirement for car ownership in Nigeria.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by Lexusgs430: 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2017
bravolad:

If that's the case, then @OP has no business coming to nairaland. He should be going to his insurance or reverting to the tracking devise for solution. This is an ideal situation.

My post stems from personal observation in the past years as few car owners buy comprehensive insurance or even track their cars. We shouldn't pretend as though all is well & every vehicle owner does comprehensive insurance or track their cars.

One out of 10 car owners insure or track their cars. This is also because it's not a requirement for car ownership in Nigeria.

Requirement & Extra protection are the owners responsibility..........

Why would I buy a vehicle and not fully protect it ? I might has well put the money I used to buy the vehicle, in a ghana must go and park the ghana must go outside. And hope nobody takes a shine towards my bag, dripping with loads of currency ........

You remember the story of the uber driver that was killed and his vehicle stolen ? How was the vehicle located and the thieves apprehended ? The owner of the vehicle installed a tracking device on his vehicle ................
Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I am having oven-baked potatoes, hash brown & chicken wings ......

Once i chop this one finish, nah to fast remain .......

Too much grammar for my small head .........

Thanks for asking..... Thank you

What's all that?
When you're ready to eat akpu and afang soup _let me know cheesy.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by Lexusgs430: 12:49am On Sep 03, 2017
PaperLace:

What's all that?
When you're ready to eat akpu and afang soup _let me know cheesy.

Oga, some of us are still ajebutter......
Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:52am On Sep 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Oga, some of us are still ajebutter......

2 Likes

Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by sultaan(m): 4:35am On Sep 03, 2017
What if he had a Mitsubishi, Nissan or Subaru are we going to be talking about it stolen?

I have not heard of a lot of those makes stolen on nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by bravolad(m): 7:09am On Sep 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Requirement & Extra protection are the owners responsibility..........

Why would I buy a vehicle and not fully protect it ? I might has well put the money I used to buy the vehicle, in a ghana must go and park the ghana must go outside. And hope nobody takes a shine towards my bag, dripping with loads of currency ........

You remember the story of the uber driver that was killed and his vehicle stolen ? How was the vehicle located and the thieves apprehended ? The owner of the vehicle installed a tracking device on his vehicle ................

It's now pretty obvious you don't understand my line of argument. I have not said that there's no direct benefit to insurance (comprehensive), or tracking of your vehicle as they provide additional security and peace of mind. Rather I have observed that most vehicle owners in Nigeria neither have comprehensive insurance or tracking device for their vehicles. If we take a statistic of car owners here on nairaland, you will be shocked that only a few have indeed invested in these devices. Not that awareness is low but stems from the general poverty level in our society as well as the perception of insurance companies to premium payment.

I can assure you that more than 90% of Nigerians will not pay for 3rd party insurance if it's not a compulsory requirement for car ownership. This is because it's difficult to obtain a claim in an event of accident or theft, which has led to a general apathy among car owners.

From that same observation, most guys here on nairaland who have installed trackers engage in DIY and as such only paid for the tracking device & not pay the installation fees as well as the yearly maintenance charge by tracking companies.

And truly as I said earlier, if the vehicle owner had a tracker or insurance, he/she won't come here for help. We have seen countless " Please help car stolen".

While you feel that car ownership without an additional layer of security in the form of a tracker or insurance is an absolute no no for you, others may feel differently even when they have the money. Whereas others may not have the extra finance to procure this additional security.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by Lexusgs430: 8:44am On Sep 03, 2017
bravolad:

It's now pretty obvious you don't understand my line of argument. I have not said that there's no direct benefit to insurance (comprehensive), or tracking of your vehicle as they provide additional security and peace of mind. Rather I have observed that most vehicle owners in Nigeria neither have comprehensive insurance or tracking device for their vehicles. If we take a statistic of car owners here on nairaland, you will be shocked that only a few have indeed invested in these devices. Not that awareness is low but stems from the general poverty level in our society as well as the perception of insurance companies to premium payment.

I can assure you that more than 90% of Nigerians will not pay for 3rd party insurance if it's not a compulsory requirement for car ownership. This is because it's difficult to obtain a claim in an event of accident or theft, which has led to a general apathy among car owners.

From that same observation, most guys here on nairaland who have installed trackers engage in DIY and as such only paid for the tracking device & not pay the installation fees as well as the yearly maintenance charge by tracking companies.

And truly as I said earlier, if the vehicle owner had a tracker or insurance, he/she won't come here for help. We have seen countless " Please help car stolen".

While you feel that car ownership without an additional layer of security in the form of a tracker or insurance is an absolute no no for you, others may feel differently even when they have the money. Whereas others may not have the extra finance to procure this additional security.

Wow, a very long read.......

I fully understand your trail of thought, but do not agree with all of them.......

AXA Mansard is a very good insurance company, that honours claims (I do not work for AXA)

Tracking devices, a now so unique that you do not have to pay a tracking company any subscription fee. Simply manage the tracking yourself.

Do you agree with me, that owners that value their car investment, have the sole responsibility to protect that investment?

You are telling me that after spending a chunk of money on a vehicle, the car owner does not have 50K to invest in a tracking device? But money is available to maintain the vehicle, buy fuel etc etc etc? Or they don't maintain their vehicles?

My last thought - You buy a vehicle of about N3,000,000. And do not have N50K to buy a tracking device?

I rest my case.......

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by Lexusgs430: 8:52am On Sep 03, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Oga GAZZUZZ, I can only speak for myself o. If you are not an ajebutter, that's not my fault.........
Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by dokunbam(m): 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2017
Thanks for those that have called.

We appreciate.

Lalasticlala can still do something

Thanks
Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by twinskenny(m): 8:46am On Sep 04, 2017
dokunbam:
Thanks for those that have called.

We appreciate.

Lalasticlala can still do something

Thanks

wish you luck sir
Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by Vested(m): 10:54am On Sep 05, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Wow, a very long read.......

I fully understand your trail of thought, but do not agree with all of them.......

AXA Mansard is a very good insurance company, that honours claims (I do not work for AXA)

Tracking devices, a now so unique that you do not have to pay a tracking company any subscription fee. Simply manage the tracking yourself.

Do you agree with me, that owners that value their car investment, have the sole responsibility to protect that investment?

You are telling me that after spending a chunk of money on a vehicle, the car owner does not have 50K to invest in a tracking device? But money is available to maintain the vehicle, buy fuel etc etc etc? Or they don't maintain their vehicles?

My last thought - You buy a vehicle of about N3,000,000. And do not have N50K to buy a tracking device?

I rest my case.......

Confam!

AXA Mansard even offers you a free tracking service when your premium goes above a 100k or so.
You even track the vehicle yourself. (I too don't work for Mansard)

When you value your vehicle, you will take good measure to protect it against theft and unforeseen circumstances.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by Lexusgs430: 11:09am On Sep 05, 2017
Vested:

Confam!

AXA Mansard even offers you a free tracking service when your premium goes above a 100k or so.

When you value your vehicle, you will take good measure to protect it against theft and unforeseen circumstances.

The onus is on us to protect what we value........

If you don't value it, don't protect it. When it goes missing, don't cry foul (abi nah fowl sef).........
Re: Stolen Car!!! Please Help by bravolad(m): 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
Vested:

Confam!

You get free tracking service with AXA Mansard when the value of your car is ₦3,000,000 or more.

(1) (Reply)

1996 GOLD Toyota Camry Stolen In Onitsha -. Recovered / Found / 2021 Regret, The Story Of The Undelivered Car / Current Cost Of Oven Baked Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.