Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,957 members, 7,817,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary (24087 Views)

NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. / Corper Explains Why Female Soldier Poured Dirty Water On Her (Video) / Nysc: Is There Part Time Program In Nysc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by VickyRotex(f): 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2017
onyenze123:

me Rivers.

It's interesting you can still remember that torturing anthem cheesy

lol. Why not! I remember. Even in my dreams lol. I still sing it jokingly.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by Shaev7(m): 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2017
VickyRotex:
Youth obey the Clarion call tongue
Let us lift our nation high tongue tongue
Under the sun or in the rain tongue tongue tongue
With dedication and selflessness tongue tongue tongue tongue
Nigeria is ours, Nigeria we serve. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

The best! Each time I sing the anthem during CDS meeting, I begin to imagine who destroyed this country on meditation of each word... sad
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by enimooko: 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2017
Evablizin:
lols i have feelings for you nah stop pushing me away
LIAR grin
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by naturebase: 7:45pm On Sep 01, 2017
Fearlez:

I know for sure his 1983 military Government was bereft of any Christian in his cabinet. When pressure was mounted his only response was to appoint two southern Christians and never gave either a portfolio.

A man destined to take Nigeria to the grave along with his frail health.

I'm not afraid to say Buhari isn't fit to rule over a poutry farm with different species of fowl, never mind people.

An everlasting vindictive, petty-minded tribal bigot

Head of State Muhammadu Buhari 1984–1985
Chief of Staff Tunde Idiagbon 1984–1985
Defense Domkat Bali 1984–1985
Agriculture Bukar Shuaib 1984–1985
Trade Mahmud Tukur 1984–1985
Communications A Abdullahi, Lt Col 1984–1985
Education Yarima Ibrahim 1984–1985
Finance Onaolapo Soleye 1984–1985
Abuja Mamman Jiya Vatsa 1984–1985
Health Emmanuel Nsan. 1984–1985
Internal Affairs Mohammed Magoro 1984–1985
Foreign Affairs Ibrahim Gambari 1984–1985
Minister of Information Sam Omeruah 1984–1985
Transportation Abdullahi Ibrahim 1984–1985
Energy Tam David-West 1984–1985
Justice Chike Offodile 1984–1985
Works Patrick Koshoni. 1984–1985

Google is your friend. Use it

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by enimooko: 7:47pm On Sep 01, 2017
Anybody's father served in Delta State Isele-Uku, 1997? cool cool cool
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by VickyRotex(f): 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2017
Shaev7:

The best! Each time I sing the anthem during CDS meeting, I begin to imagine who destroyed this country on meditation of each word... sad

Yea, indepth meaning!
Indeed it's sad! embarassed

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by Isobug: 7:49pm On Sep 01, 2017
Scrap it otherwise pay Corps members 50k or above
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by Jaqenhghar: 7:50pm On Sep 01, 2017
banmee:

Yes it is. But once you have experience, companies don't give a shiit if you've been to camp or not. The problem is getting your first job without it. After college i basically interned as a promoter at insight communication and later got a job with bates cosse. From their, our clients got to know my work ethic and urged me to move to higher and greener pastures. And that was it. So yes, it's possible to get a good job without NYSC.
My elder sis never served and she is doing very well. To me this NYSC is a waste of time. One is better off learning a skill and getting experience

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by Uniquewhyte99(m): 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2017
And you don't think increase in allowance is necessary. Continue...
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by Fearlez: 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2017
naturebase:

Head of State Muhammadu Buhari 1984–1985
Chief of Staff Tunde Idiagbon 1984–1985
Defense Domkat Bali 1984–1985
Agriculture Bukar Shuaib 1984–1985
Trade Mahmud Tukur 1984–1985
Communications A Abdullahi, Lt Col 1984–1985
Education Yarima Ibrahim 1984–1985
Finance Onaolapo Soleye 1984–1985
Abuja Mamman Jiya Vatsa 1984–1985
Health Emmanuel Nsan. 1984–1985
Internal Affairs Mohammed Magoro 1984–1985
Foreign Affairs Ibrahim Gambari 1984–1985
Minister of Information Sam Omeruah 1984–1985
Transportation Abdullahi Ibrahim 1984–1985
Energy Tam David-West 1984–1985
Justice Chike Offodile 1984–1985
Works Patrick Koshoni. 1984–1985

Google is your friend. Use it

Yes, an oversight. There's were 5 Christians against 11 Muslims out of the 16 member supreme military council. Most were without portfolios.
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by thambolo(m): 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2017
Yarnvibes:
​President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed his pleasure, at seeing the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) achieving the purpose of national unity that inspired its creation in 1973.

In a statement issued by his spokesman, Garba Shehu, Buhari said this while speaking to journalists at his country home after the Eid-el-Kabir prayers on Friday.
“I am always pleased to see corps members in Daura and other parts of the country. From the postings, we get to learn more about other cultures,’’ he said.

The president said the large number of corps members in Daura, mostly from the southern part of the country, was an indication that the dream of a unified Nigeria remained a reality.

Corps members in Daura always throng the president’s residence for the Eid-el-Kabir.

http://fabinfos.com/buhari-explains-nysc-necessary/

NYSC is like automatic extra year for all graduates undertaking the exercise.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by babapressy(m): 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by Azam101: 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

If NYSC is necessary,
Why didn't he go?

Na wa sha,

Even the dullard has an opinion on matters concerning graduates.
SMH
And the dullard has attained the position your generation yet unborn can't even think of
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by naturebase: 8:24pm On Sep 01, 2017
Fearlez:

Yes, an oversight. There's were 5 Christians against 11 Muslims out of the 16 member supreme military council. Most were without portfolios.

Supreme Military Council of Nigeria (1983–1985)
Muhammadu Buhari
Babatunde Idiagbon
Ibrahim Babangida
Augustus Aikhomu
Ibrahim Alfa
Mamman Jiya Vatsa
Mohammed Magoro
Sanni Abacha
Joseph Olayeni Oni
Muhammad Gado Nasko
Yohanna Yerima Kure
Salihu Ibrahim
Okoh Ebitu Ukiwe
Larry Koinyan
Grey Eronmosele Longe
Chike Offodile
Mohammed Lawal Rafindadi
James Etim Okon lnyang

Wrong again man. But it's alright.
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by Spidermon: 8:25pm On Sep 01, 2017
VickyRotex:
Just incase you wanna quote me next time, please don't use the "F" word. Thank you!
Well, dont hold your breath.
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by Fearlez: 8:33pm On Sep 01, 2017
naturebase:

Supreme Military Council of Nigeria (1983–1985)
Muhammadu Buhari
Babatunde Idiagbon
Ibrahim Babangida
Augustus Aikhomu
Ibrahim Alfa
Mamman Jiya Vatsa
Mohammed Magoro
Sanni Abacha
Joseph Olayeni Oni
Muhammad Gado Nasko
Yohanna Yerima Kure
Salihu Ibrahim
Okoh Ebitu Ukiwe
Larry Koinyan
Grey Eronmosele Longe
Chike Offodile
Mohammed Lawal Rafindadi
James Etim Okon lnyang

Wrong again man. But it's alright.

Nope! http://nigeriaworld.com/columnist/ajayi/sharia_government.html
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by talk2emma: 8:38pm On Sep 01, 2017
What did buhari no about nysc that he is talking about
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by naturebase: 8:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
Fearlez:

Nope! http://nigeriaworld.com/columnist/ajayi/sharia_government.html

It won't open 403 error message. However, I assure you that your statement is wrong. Here is an article from 1974 please read it.

https://csis-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/legacy_files/files/publication/anotes_0284.pdf
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by malakasea(m): 8:52pm On Sep 01, 2017
Vutseck:
which among his children served in the South

if l can lay my hand on that walking skeleton in a jungle ...oh gush

I'll devour him raw
Your papa na mado.g
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by joyjoomla(m): 8:57pm On Sep 01, 2017
VickyRotex:

lol. Why not!

You get sharp brain Niyen.... Still Guduf you.
Which year you serve?
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by Cmeo(m): 9:04pm On Sep 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

If NYSC is necessary,
Why didn't he go?

Na wa sha,

Even the dullard has an opinion on matters concerning graduates.
SMH

Some people are so ignorant (I don't want to use daft) to the extent of displaying it in public, and often they so much fond of themseleves that they are intelligent/knowledgeable.

Anyway, the NYSC act automatically exempt those who served or previously served in the military from NYSC. If anyone is in doubt, have u ever seen any NDA graduate deployed for national youth service?

Mr. poster of this quoted statement: I will advise u seek more knowledge before coming to public forum like this.
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by Fearlez: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
naturebase:

It won't open 403 error message. However, I assure you that your statement is wrong. Here is an article from 1974 please read it.

https://csis-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/legacy_files/files/publication/anotes_0284.pdf
1974? Buhari was a military President in 1983-5 .
how would a 1974 article report an event of 1983.

N.B use chrome browser to open link. I may send in excerpt optionally.
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by izicooo(f): 9:08pm On Sep 01, 2017
Nysc is a USELESS program, a complete waste of one year. Moreover considering the peanut they pay corpers. After my university education, i got a job with a private hospital in awka, where i was paid N20000 a month as salary. I valued this job so much and i tried all my possible best to ensure that i would be posted to Anambra state so i can continue my job. Guess what when the posting finally came out, October 2015, i was posted to Taraba state to go and waste one complete year of my life. After service October 2016, i went to the hospital seeking for employment (reabsorption) and I was told that there is no vacancy for now. Thanks to Gowon, thanks to NYSC. I'm still in the labour market waiting for baba God to pick my call.
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by VickyRotex(f): 9:08pm On Sep 01, 2017
joyjoomla:

You get sharp brain Niyen.... Still Guduf you.
Which year you serve?
lol. 2013/2014.
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by Kingsleytobe(m): 9:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
abeg keep quiet which of your immediate family has ever served
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by naturebase: 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
Fearlez:
1974? Buhari was a military President in 1983-5 .
how would a 1974 article report an event of 1983.

N.B use chrome browser to open link. I may send in excerpt optionally.

Well that was an obvious error on my part. My bad.
The date is on the article. 1984. Just Check it out. It will help cure the whole tribal, religious misconceptions surrounding Buhari's first rule.
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by joyjoomla(m): 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
[quote author=VickyRotex post=60044107]
lol. 2013/2014. [/uquote]

You see I said you get sharp brain. I have no doubt na you de lead when u de kindergarten.

We were the noise maker at old McGregor platoon 7, 2015/16
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by VickyRotex(f): 9:24pm On Sep 01, 2017
joyjoomla:

You see I said you get sharp brain. I have no doubt na you de lead when u de kindergarten.

We were the noise maker at old McGregor platoon 7, 2015/16

lol if I hear! hahahaha you served in Ebonyi? Nice!
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by Fearlez: 9:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
naturebase:

Well that was an obvious error on my part. My bad.
The date is on the article. 1984. Just Check it out. It will help cure the whole tribal, religious misconceptions surrounding Buhari's first rule.
Quite a tall asking, but will do.
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by Mcdons205(m): 9:43pm On Sep 01, 2017
Yarnvibes:
​President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed his pleasure, at seeing the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) achieving the purpose of national unity that inspired its creation in 1973.

In a statement issued by his spokesman, Garba Shehu, Buhari said this while speaking to journalists at his country home after the Eid-el-Kabir prayers on Friday.

“I am always pleased to see corps members in Daura and other parts of the country. From the postings, we get to learn more about other cultures,’’ he said.

The president said the large number of corps members in Daura, mostly from the southern part of the country, was an indication that the dream of a unified Nigeria remained a reality.

Corps members in Daura always throng the president’s residence for the Eid-el-Kabir.

http://fabinfos.com/buhari-explains-nysc-necessary/

wow thats awesome
Re: President Buhari Explains Why NYSC Is Necessary by joyjoomla(m): 10:11pm On Sep 01, 2017
VickyRotex:

lol if I hear! hahahaha you served in Ebonyi? Nice!

Yea, and it was sweet. Where you served?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A thread for corpers posted to Nasarawa / Join 2018 Nysc Batch A (pcm) Whatsapp Group / Akwa Ibom State B'15, Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.