Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,409 members, 7,864,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:28 AM

Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (21707 Views)

Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road / Boy Hawking Groundnut Hit By A Vehicle On Kaduna Expressway, Dies (Photos) / Tanker Explosion On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Isobug: 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2017
chynie:
Hope no life was lost
U no get brain?
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by chynie: 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2017
Isobug:

U no get brain?
I no get, u wan give me yours? calabar man
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by daddio(m): 11:01pm On Sep 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Thank God that the car is not a complete write-off.

The tyres and rims are still good and can be salvaged.

I wish I were there,
instead of snapping pictures, I'd be scooping diesel into my gallons.
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by daddio(m): 11:05pm On Sep 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Thank God that the car is not a complete write-off.

The tyres and rims are still good and can be salvaged.

I wish I were there,
instead of snapping pictures, I'd be scooping diesel into my gallons.

THUNDER GO FIRE UR BRAIN

Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by EponOjuku: 11:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
ZombieTAMER:
buhari and his gang of thieves will not do anything about that road....

That's one of the roads that Igbos claimed GEJ completed and hence deserved a second term.

You've sown the fruit of deceit and must now eat the fruit of disappointment.
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by kushma(m): 11:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
[quote author=OneHead post=60037651]According to an eyewitness, Ezeanochie Johnbosco this happened while he was on his way to Onitsha at Enugu-Onitsha Expressway. The tanker got stuck in the mud and fell on a Toyota Camry and the diesel is all over the place. He prays the tanker doesn’t explode.

Ezeanochie, is worried about such incidents and wants the government to do the needfkul and put the road in other to avoid such incidents in future

More photo
When did it happen plz
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by suremanpatriot: 11:33pm On Sep 01, 2017
So-called biafra ppl with their biafra roads. Year in year out same demented story of bad road network with crime routes. They are busy frontin for division when can't even agree amongst themselves to do good road network for their dev. Dance of shame!
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by 9icetoo(m): 5:40am On Sep 02, 2017
let me ask the FRSC if this was caused by over speeding or expired tires. I am coming.
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by bamite(m): 6:38am On Sep 02, 2017
FKO81:

Agu dowa gi onu, that's federal highway abandoned by FG since GEJ left office very shameful, all state roads in Anambra are in good conditions except this road.
Mr man! I've been to onitsha several times, you can tell that story to the birds.
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by bamite(m): 6:39am On Sep 02, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Explain!
It is self explanatory.
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by bamite(m): 6:43am On Sep 02, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Nah, it's a federal road n the FG have been patching it annually for over 15 years now.

The state governor rebuilt the old road n even patched this same road sometime last year during the last rainy season.

SE is just 3% of Nigerian landmass, Every location in within the SE can be reached in 2 hours maximum or less and yet SE FG roads are the most terrible in Nigeria.............. Why can't FG give us quality roads
What has the deputy senate president done about it? What about the CBN governor, can't he put some pressure on the FG? or even the state house of assembly, HoR and even the senators? Please channel your grievances to the appropriate quarters.
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by ZombieTAMER: 7:04am On Sep 02, 2017
bamite:
Channel your grievances to your governor and stop displaying your foolishness here.

Foolishness is when a supposed graduate asks a state governor to construct a federal road....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by CapitalCee(m): 7:23am On Sep 02, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Foolishness is when a supposed graduate asks a state governor to construct a federal road....

How about house of Reps members, senators and ministers from southeast, they should champion it. That's their importance. Governors can also bring it to the notice of the President.
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by ZombieTAMER: 7:26am On Sep 02, 2017
CapitalCee:

How about house of Reps members, senators and ministers from southeast, they should champion it. That's their importance. Governors can also bring it to the notice of the President.

Foolishness is when one miscalculates when to shift the goal post
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by CapitalCee(m): 7:40am On Sep 02, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Foolishness is when one miscalculates when to shift the goal post

We are discussing, why the insult? It's not necessary. I agree with you that it's an FG road, but those ppl I mentioned can push it faster.
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by FKO81(m): 8:10am On Sep 02, 2017
bamite:
Mr man! I've been to onitsha several times, you can tell that story to the birds.
can you mention any state road in Onitsha that's bad?
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 02, 2017
bamite:
What has the deputy senate president done about it? What about the CBN governor, can't he put some pressure on the FG? or even the state house of assembly, HoR and even the senators? Please channel your grievances to the appropriate quarters.

Why is it the SE that needs to put pressure on the Nigeria to fulfil it's duties to the igbos n Eastern Nigeria in general Did the Yoruba senators pressure FG to do anything in the SW

We didn't ask for more than others where getting, we simply asked for equity..... Do for us what u have zone for Mr A and B.
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by bamite(m): 9:21am On Sep 02, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Why is it the SE that needs to put pressure on the Nigeria to fulfil it's duties to the igbos n Eastern Nigeria in general Did the Yoruba senators pressure FG to do anything in the SW

We didn't ask for more than others where getting, we simply asked for equity..... Do for us what u have zone for Mr A and B.
Enough of this pathetic victim mentality of you people. You think the projects going to the SW is because yorubas sat down wailing? They played smart politics and fought for their own share, same as the hausas, you people better wake up and fight for your own and it's definitely not by secession unless you want a repeat of 1967.
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Ttipsy(f): 10:52am On Sep 02, 2017
mud abandoned road
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Ttipsy(f): 10:52am On Sep 02, 2017
Lagos Ibadan exp way, East west road, Apaopa wharf road, come to my mind, now compare it to that. what we've got here is mud not road, don't get confused. Nigeria is a joke of the century....

1 Like

Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 02, 2017
bamite:
Enough of this pathetic victim mentality of you people. You think the projects going to the SW is because yorubas sat down wailing? They played smart politics and fought for their own share, same as the hausas, you people better wake up and fight for your own and it's definitely not by secession unless you want a repeat of 1967.

Pls explain how yorubas has been pressuring the FG since 1970 to develop their region
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by bamite(m): 11:17am On Sep 02, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Pls explain how yorubas has been pressuring the FG since 1970 to develop their region
Who is the government?
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 02, 2017
bamite:
Who is the government?

I expected that. grin
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2017
CapitalCee:

Why should it be the igbo reps, senators n ministers that would keep championing for the FG to fulfil its duties to the SE as they have already done in other regions of the country

Why should a SE governor bring such to the notice of the president Are u saying FG knows how to build Federal roads in the SW n north n wenever it gets to the SE they start needing SE governors to remind them

Should SE governors also remind buhari to come n continue the 2nd niger bridge that he stopped since June 2015
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2017
Shittuakeem:

That road have been there since Jonathan's administration he refused to do it, second Niger bridge is another example but I see no reason why Jonathan don't fixe it during his 6 yrs in office? If my people will talk now they will say Buhari!

SE senators are in Abuja for there pockets. don't blame buhari blame your leaders in SE

It's always terrible to talk out of ignorance.

It's a federal road n it's solely the job of the FG to fix it. FG allocates money to the federal ministry of works yearly for these projects n yet it hasn't been done.

This year SE received 20 billion naira for capital projects from FG.

This same year 200 billion was given to NC for capital projects by the FG.

I hope ur seeing the picture small
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2017
sirfrance:
Chaii
This road that has taken many souls in the past

It's still taking souls as we speak.
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2017
rationalmind:

This is not true, Owerri-Onitsha Road is certainly not a death trap, Enugu-Abakaliki is one of the smoothest in the nation, Owerri-Umuahia may not be very good but I don't see it as a death trap. Abakaliki to Owerri through Okigwe is not so bad as well.

Onitsha owerri FG road was done by OBJ, Julius Berger did that road, that's the best road in the SE so far.

Enugu to Ebonyi is a single lane n has been a death trap until GEJ did he road.

Abakiliki to owerri thru okigwe junction i.e Enugu ph express road is a death trap n mostly one lane is good for a good part of the journey.

I haven't used owerri to umuahia recently as well, but it's same wit the rest, they keep patching it yearly or rebuild just a few parts of it wen it becomes a death trap.

ENUGU TO AWKA TO ONITSHA is the worse federal road in Nigeria n has killed an uncountable number of people.

The most terrible roads in Nigeria are found in the SE, there's no question about that.

From someone who is on ground, don't analyse from outside.
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2017
suremanpatriot:
So-called biafra ppl with their biafra roads. Year in year out same demented story of bad road network with crime routes. They are busy frontin for division when can't even agree amongst themselves to do good road network for their dev. Dance of shame!

It's idiotic n it's also a pity that u don't know what a federal/state road is in Nigeria.
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by bamite(m): 12:24pm On Sep 02, 2017
PrecisionFx:

I expected that. grin
You make it seem like the government is from outer space. Please tell me who makes up the FG?
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2017
bamite:
You make it seem like the government is from outer space. Please tell me who makes up the FG?

Please answer my question, and then u can direct yours. I will gladly follow suit as well.
Re: Tanker Collapses On Nearby Vehicle On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 02, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Onitsha owerri FG road was done by OBJ, Julius Berger did that road, that's the best road in the SE so far.

Good we agree on this

Enugu to Ebonyi is a single lane n has been a death trap until GEJ did he road.

It might have been a death trap before but it's no longer one. So it seems we equally agree on this.

I'll like to add that, quite a number of roads in the North are equally single lanes. Off the top of my head, Bauchi to Jo's, Jos to maiduguri, Makurdi to Jalingo...e.t.c.

Abakiliki to owerri thru okigwe junction i.e Enugu ph express road is a death trap n mostly one lane is good for a good part of the journey.

I haven't used owerri to umuahia recently as well, but it's same wit the rest, they keep patching it yearly or rebuild just a few parts of it wen it becomes a death trap.

ENUGU TO AWKA TO ONITSHA is the worse federal road in Nigeria n has killed an uncountable number of people.

The most terrible roads in Nigeria are found in the SE, there's no question about that.

I agree with you that Onitsha Enugu road is bad but I don't agree it's the worst in the country. The only bad places are Umunya axis as well as ekochin to flyover just before new market. The greater part of the journey is smooth even if it's a single lane.

Besides, there's an old road linking both states and it's quite smooth all through.

From someone who is on ground, don't analyse from outside.

How did you arrive at this?

Yes, I'm not from the East but I travel round the East more that 98% of ibos and I certainly travel these roads more than you who "is on ground". So bro, this is far from an "analysis from the outside"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Pray For Death In Libya, Says Returnee (photos) / Nigerian Student Attacked In India Over Parking Spot / Photos Of Burning Lagos Transport Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.