Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report (1519 Views)

Major Shake-up As 37 Nigerian Army Generals Redeployed / Nigerian Army Announces Major Shake-up, Top Generals Affected [full List] / Massive Shake Up In The Nigerian Army, 147 Officers Affected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by EmeeNaka: 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2017
NNPC Denies Pro-North Shakeup Report, Releases Officials’ Names

Written by Tim Elombah
Created: 02 September 2017
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) denied reports saying that recent shakeup was designed to favour the northern zones of the country.
The Management of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has denied reports saying that the recent shakeup within the corporation was designed to favour the northern zones of the country.
The said shakeup was recently approved by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari.
The reports said that only 15 people were appointed into key offices of NNPC, while the South-East region is not represented among those promoted within the organisation.
NNPC, therefore, released the names of the 65 recently appointed officials on its website to defuse the brewing tension.
According to list, 15 people were retired and every region are among the retired.
Going through the 65 names, there are 28 or 29 Northerners/Muslims with 34 or 35 Southerners.
The list, titled “Major Changes In NNPC Top Management”, says that “according to the President, the ongoing changes are in response to the enormous challenges of survival and growth of the NNPC.
The appointments and retirements are also to take immediate effect.
See the list below:
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) denied reports saying that recent shakeup was designed to favour the northern zones of the country.
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) denied reports saying that recent shakeup was designed to favour the northern zo
cc: Mynd44
https://elombah.com/index.php/world-news/worldwide/19877-nnpc-denies-pro-north-s

1 Like

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by sarrki(m): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2017
I know from the onset that the initial report is fake

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by marooh: 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2017
PDP: share the money!.
APC: share the suffering! grin

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by Evablizin(f): 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2017
Okay
Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by saintjimos(m): 4:52pm On Sep 02, 2017
and north still dominates

meanwhile the raw materials r from d southern state
weldone sir

7 Likes

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by EmeeNaka: 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2017
I think this is a balanced appointment

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by abouzaid: 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2017
who else doesn't believe this denial? lis

1 Like

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by deji17: 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2017
Some evil people who plays politics with validating the victimhood mindset of the South Easterners are behind the rumour of lopsided appointments by PMB administration. In due time, they will all regret their actions. It is a natural law. You sow evil, you reap evil.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by Blue3k(m): 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2017
Lol this is funny. How could you share a list of 15 when there shake up effected 55 positions. When I read news reports I see the news as incomplete. Aside from that there are issues with information OP cited. When I looked up this link the OP is citing yesterday in waybackmachine. It looks like the image is old. See what I mean.

http://nnpcgroup.com/PublicRelations/NNPCinthenews/tabid/92/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/161/MAJOR-CHANGES-IN-NNPC-TOP-MANAGEMENT.aspx

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by Jesusloveyou: 5:10pm On Sep 02, 2017
IPods sef

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by ExpiredNigeria: 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2017
What what is the difference ? out of 60 it is only from the North and South you have qualified hands to run such offices, no one from the West and no one from the East..

1 Like

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by ExpiredNigeria: 5:14pm On Sep 02, 2017
I don't know why people find it hard to read to details

Going through the 65 names, there are 28 or 29 Northerners/Muslims with 34 or 35 Southerners. why it that there's not one from the east and no one from the west? People rushing to make comments without actually digesting the information

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by Blue3k(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2017
The last big issue is the list presented isn't on latest NNPCGROUP news website. I can't vouch for the authenticity of the Image presented.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by OjukwuWarBird: 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2017
Fake news as pointed out by Blue3k

Check the date and year

Nov 25 2010

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by Sprumbabafather: 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2017
Propaganda

1 Like

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by tempest01(m): 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2017
Blue3k:
Lol this is funny. How could you share a list of 15 when there shake up effected 55 positions. When I read news reports. Aside from that there are issues with information OP cited. When I looked up this link the OP is citing yesterday in waybackmachine. It looks like the image is old. See what I mean.

http://nnpcgroup.com/PublicRelations/NNPCinthenews/tabid/92/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/161/MAJOR-CHANGES-IN-NNPC-TOP-MANAGEMENT.aspx

Quoting 2010 shake up to spread propaganda to justify nepotism and tribalism

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by Jesusloveyou: 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2017
marooh:
PDP: share the money!.
APC: share the suffering! grin
i thought you want to dispute the report as fake.
Nonsense iPods
Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by Jesusloveyou: 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2017
ExpiredNigeria:
What what is the difference ? out of 60 it is only from the North and South you have qualified hands to run such offices, no one from the West and no one from the East..
what is this one saying?
You must be a kid
Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by Ovamboland(m): 6:30pm On Sep 02, 2017
ExpiredNigeria:
I don't know why people find it hard to read to details

Going through the 65 names, there are 28 or 29 Northerners/Muslims with 34 or 35 Southerners. why it that there's not one from the east and no one from the west? People rushing to make comments without actually digesting the information

Nwanze, Chukwuka, Okonkwo, Ibirogba, Olaoye are not names from East and West?

The news appears fake though, I know some of those names on that list

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by marooh: 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
i thought you want to dispute the report as fake.
Nonsense iPods

Haha so u learn to refine because of me!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Denies Pro-north Shake-up Report by HoluwarTohbar(f): 7:19pm On Sep 02, 2017
Fake list! I wonder why people are surprised knowing full well that the quota system beneficiaries who populate the entry level positions in these places will also rise quickly through the ranks to populate the executive levels.

(1) (Reply)

What Are IPOB Youths Going To Do, When Nnamdi Kanu Is Eventually Arrested? / Why North Wants To Continue Ruling Nigeria - Ex-minister, Akinyemi / '' Some Have Died As A Result Of Military Injection'' - Radio Caller.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.