Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread (93011 Views)

Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** / Infinix Hot 5 And Hot 5 Lite Are Out! - Disappointing Specs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by barackodam: 6:34pm On Nov 23, 2017
madjnr:
I bought it cos on the pack they wrote one free upgrade available

lol, no droid 8, and you'll receive the upgrade immediately you launch the phone
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madgoat(m): 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2017
madjnr:
I bought it cos on the pack they wrote one free upgrade available

I remember seeing that too. Maybe they are referring to an update of the android 7 OS
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madjnr: 5:49am On Nov 24, 2017
madgoat:

I remember seeing that too. Maybe they are referring to an update of the android 7 OS
I think only the infinix hot 2g version will get Android 8.0

1g version will get Android go

Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by barackodam: 7:02pm On Nov 24, 2017
madjnr:

1: I think only the infinix hot 2g version will get Android 8.0

2: 1g version will get Android go

1: How are you sure we're getting android Oreo, before I start jubilating upandan

2: What's Android Go?
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madjnr: 5:39am On Nov 25, 2017
barackodam:

1: How are you sure we're getting android Oreo, before I start jubilating upandan

2: What's Android Go?
Am sure

Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by barackodam: 7:55am On Nov 25, 2017
madjnr:
Am sure

thanks
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 2:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
Horlaitan6089:
I just got the hyped hot 5 (I'm not trying to diss anyone here bikonu), the battery is great (nothing special about it), the problem I have with the phone goes thus
1. Anytime I reboot my phone, it just unlock by itself. Even tho it was locked before rebooting.
2. The display color I'm getting is not fair at all, you can imagine trying to watch a movie I've watched several times on my brother's phone(mind you, he's using hot 4 lite) only for it to look whiter. At first I thought it was the movie, then I tried another one and I thought I'm in for this one
3. The front camera na rubbish (no pun intended abeg). It just look like infinix didn't use complete color set for this hot 5 series.(ion know if that's even possible). But I guess that's what you should expect from a low budget phone. Right now, I won't mind going for the hot 4. Atleast the color combo is perfect (I don't know the terms phone gurus use)
I don't mind selling it off at the price of #32k for a serious buyer(i got it 37,500).
But not withstanding, the fingerprint is OK, and the wall paper designs are cool too...
Please, no one should quote me to say rubbish oo, I am speaking from my own point of view. Speak from your experience.

Hummn, while I'm currently planning to sell my Tecno spark, to get this infinix.

How do they compare in terms of battery life, display and sound reproduction?
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
madgoat:

Stop being a wailer. The phone is fantastic except maybe you bought fake. I am using Hot 5 lite and really enjoying it. Was using Hot 4 lite (also a great fone) until i sold it it get the Hot 5 lite.

Bro, how would you rate the sound reproduction via earphones? Is it very clear with good bass? I'm currently using Tecno spark and the sound quality is not impressive both on earphones and loudspeakers.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madgoat(m): 5:46pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hhenryy:

Bro, how would you rate the sound reproduction via earphones? Is it very clear with good bass? I'm currently using Tecno spark and the sound quality is not impressive both on earphones and loudspeakers.

In all honesty i have not used the earphones yet. I am not a music/movie person. Most of my time is spent surfing the internet and when i need to listen to audio, i use the fone's speaker which is very good, clear and loud.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by princenonye: 6:38pm On Nov 26, 2017
U can't update 4g Lte. If the phone doesn't come with it, there is nothing u can do.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 7:10pm On Nov 27, 2017
barackodam:
Okay, evening guys.

Firstly, I know a host of peeps aren't happy with the phone, but I decided to give it a try anyway.

Just got the hot 5

Quick round up on the specs.

5.5"
IPS screen
16m colours
8mp back camera with 5mp front camera
1/2gb ram
16gb rom
1.3ghz quad core
Dual Sim
Memory expandable to 32gb
4000mAh battery irremovable

And the 5 has fingerprint, absent in the lite.

Hopefully, we'll be able to answer y'all.

I'm charging it currently.

Met the battery at 75%

Hot 5 goes for 37500
5 lite goes for 32000

bro, I'm about to purchase it, but I have heard/read so many negative reviews about it, especially on hanging and over heating.

will you advice me to ditch my spark k7 for this device?
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Anfieldboss: 10:43pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hhenryy:

bro, I'm about to purchase it, but I have heard/read so many negative reviews about it, especially on hanging and over heating.

will you advice me to ditch my spark k7 for this device?

Bro which would u advise I buy, Infinix Hot 5 Lite or Tecno Spark k7. I'm getting it for bae. You know girls are more concerned about camera quality, pls advise.

Thanks
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madgoat(m): 11:26pm On Nov 27, 2017
barackodam:

lol, no droid 8, and you'll receive the upgrade immediately you launch the phone

Have you upgraded? I got the upgrade immediately i bought it but didn't download it because i dont want to start sharing stories that touch the heart grin
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 6:00am On Nov 28, 2017
Anfieldboss:

Bro which would u advise I buy, Infinix Hot 5 Lite or Tecno Spark k7. I'm getting it for bae. You know girls are more concerned about camera quality, pls advise.

Thanks

will recommend spark k7, it beats the hot 5 lite. the camera is very impressive especially the selfie but i am not a camera person.

I'm more interested in color saturation and separation of the display, quality sound reproduction especially bass output and battery performance.

the battery performance of the spark k7 is OK. but I'm still not impressed. I can remember leaving my infinix hot on 8% for 24hrs without dropping. I doubt if any Tecno product can beat that. infinix battery hardly drops on standby. (sleep mode)

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 6:07am On Nov 28, 2017
madgoat:

Have you upgraded? I got the upgrade immediately i bought it but didn't download it because i dont want to start sharing stories that touch the heart grin

you better don't upgrade. I remember upgrading one Nokia I was using some years ago, i started noticing some glitches here and there, I eventually sold it. I have vowed never to Carry out OS upgrade on any phone I buy again. it can't be as flawless as the one installed from the factory.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madgoat(m): 8:52am On Nov 28, 2017
Hhenryy:

you better don't upgrade. I remember upgrading one Nokia I was using some years ago, i started noticing some glitches here and there, I eventually sold it. I have vowed never to Carry out OS upgrade on any phone I buy again. it can't be as flawless as the one installed from the factory.

I upgraded this morning. So far so good, nothing bad has happened yet. Pray for me not to have any problems oh.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by barackodam: 12:05pm On Nov 28, 2017
madgoat:

lol, I understand, yes I have.

no noticeable difference. but then, I didn't use the base rom for long, so I can't say if there truly is a difference
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by barackodam: 12:06pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hhenryy:

what's the essence of OS upgrade if I may ask?
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 9:07pm On Nov 28, 2017
barackodam:

what's the essence of OS upgrade if I may ask?
New features
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by barackodam: 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hhenryy:

New features

and you think all upgrade crashes phones?
why did they release it then.

it's called upgrade for a reason.......UPgrade
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madjnr: 5:33am On Nov 29, 2017
barackodam:

and you think all upgrade crashes phones?

why did they release it then.

it's called upgrade for a reason.......UPgrade
He's a pessimist grin
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by barackodam: 7:59am On Nov 29, 2017
madjnr:
He's a pessimist grin

won't be surprised at all
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 9:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
kolatunez:
Did anyone know that both the hot 5 and hot 5 lite have smooth back alternative to the crystal 3d texture

Thats very cool

Definately going for the one with the smooth back now cause i heard d crystal texture gets really slippery when wet

Got the one with the smooth back. But the build quality is extremely poor. It's just like paper! It can break easily if you are not careful. That's very bad from infinix.

The 3.5mm jack port is also not well made. Inserting and removing earphone plugs is almost effortless. The contacts don't grip firmly. I doubt if it will last long before it starts malfunctioning.

Infinix bleeped up in the design of those two aspects. As if they are making toys for kids.... nonsense! after paying almost 40K so we must be ready to cough out about100K to get a very good build quality. Even Tecno budget phones have good build quality.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Unluckrees(m): 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2017
I just got the Infinix Hot 5 X559c version. The phone is really cool and performs fast. Battery life = Awesome so far. My issue with the phone though is the charging, I haven't noticed any flash or quick charge since I started charging it (was expecting to see dual charging symbol when plugged). Takes a little over 2hrs to fully charge.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 5:33am On Dec 02, 2017
Unluckrees:
I just got the Infinix Hot 5 X559c version. The phone is really cool and performs fast. Battery life = Awesome so far. My issue with the phone though is the charging, I haven't noticed any flash or quick charge since I started charging it (was expecting to see dual charging symbol when plugged). Takes a little over 2hrs to fully charge.

Bro, it is fast., how much faster do expect a 4000mah battery to get full? I have used Tecno spark and the 3000mah battery takes about 3hrs to get full from 0%

Hot 5 came with a 2A charger which is quite high and you will notice it speeds up from 0 to 90% then slows down at the 90% mark.

That is evident of a fast charge feature, remember it is a 4Ah battery so 2hrs plus is not too much.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by PianoWizard: 7:33am On Dec 02, 2017
Hhenryy:

Bro, it is fast., how much faster do expect a 4000mah battery to get full? I have used Tecno spark and the 3000mah battery takes about 3hrs to get full from 0%

Hot 5 came with a 2A charger which is quite high and you will notice it speeds up from 0 to 90% then slows down at the 90% mark.

That is evident of a fast charge feature, remember it is a 4Ah battery so 2hrs plus is not too much.
not true..

I have a friend that uses k7,, it doesn't take 3 hours to charge.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 7:37am On Dec 02, 2017
PianoWizard:
not true..

I have a friend that uses k7,, it doesn't take 3 hours to charge.

Oga, read my post again, this time slowly and pay attention to details. I said from 0%
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by PianoWizard: 11:16am On Dec 02, 2017
Hhenryy:

Oga, read my post again, this time slowly and pay attention to details. I said from 0%
it is same thing.
it takes about 2hrs15mins + the spark is wonderful.

dual speaker on hot 5 is just rubbish.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 2:10pm On Dec 02, 2017
PianoWizard:
it is same thing. it takes about 2hrs15mins + the spark is wonderful.
dual speaker on hot 5 is just rubbish.
Tecno agent/marketer spotted!
Buahahahahahhaha...........
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by PianoWizard: 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
Hhenryy:

Tecno agent/marketer spotted!
Buahahahahahhaha...........
lol
but lemme ask.
which would you go for..
Hot 5 or Spark k9.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Nastydroid(m): 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Whatsapp Latest Feature: Swipe To Reply, Dark Mode And Lots More / Telegram Releases Version 4.8 With With Video Streaming And Many More / Woman Scatters Whatsapp Prayer Group With Her Unclad Photos Posted (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.