Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread (92943 Views)

Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** / Infinix Hot 5 And Hot 5 Lite Are Out! - Disappointing Specs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madgoat(m): 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2017
writerights:
Please my hot 5 came with an update but someone is advising me not to update because I may begin to see its consequences? Is there any adverse effect of upgrading or anything?

Hhenryy, madgoat

I was also skeptical about updating but i eventually updated last week and there's no problem with the fone
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madgoat(m): 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2017
madjnr:

Please what's your latest build number? I didn't get update since I bought mine

It ends with 14V117
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madjnr: 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
madgoat:

It ends with 14V117
please screenshot it lemme see... Here's mine

Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madjnr: 8:05pm On Dec 08, 2017
I got an update

Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
madgoat:

I was also skeptical about updating but i eventually updated last week and there's no problem with the fone

Alright. The � of the phone has lasted me for 24 hours with several operation performed on it. I still have 34%. This phone is made to suit the Nigerian situation.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 8:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
writerights:
Please my hot 5 came with an update but someone is advising me not to update because I may begin to see its consequences? Is there any adverse effect of upgrading or anything?

Hhenryy, madgoat

If it is a minor update, you can try it. But if it has to do with the complete OS upgrade, I will advise you not to do it.

So many issues usually pop up after OS upgrade. I have read several complaints on different forums from people who carried out OS upgrade. I was once a victim too. And I eventually sold the phone.

The factory installed OS is the best and most stable/flawless. I would rather upgrade to a new phone than upgrade my OS

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
Infinix hot 5 comes with real battery technology. But based on usage for the past two weeks I experienced
1- multitask, 3g,wifi,infact do anything do able with the phone it will take 10% to 1hour

2- music at any volume takes 2 to 4% at most for 1 hour

3- Wi-Fi plus 3g takes 5% in 24 hours(off screen)

4- though a video freak I haven't watched any video

5- on screen 5 to 8 % at most for 1 hour

6- FIFA 14 game 1% for about 5 to 8minutes

The battery can last for more than 24 hours if all the operations above are done lightly,for example I have 66%(10:32pm) out of 100%(6:00am), read a PDF file a little,played music a little but 3g have been active based on internet,whatsapp and nairaland stuffs.
Make una nor vex for the gbagans o...... gracias
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by crowntoro(f): 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2017
Agrogbeide:
Infinix hot 5 comes with real battery technology. But based on usage for the past two weeks I experienced
1- multitask, 3g,wifi,infact do anything do able with the phone it will take 10% to 1hour

The battery can last for more than 24 hours if all the operations above are done lightly,for example I have 66%(10:32pm) out of 100%(6:00am), read a PDF file a little,played music a little but 3g have been active based on internet,whatsapp and nairaland stuffs.
when did you buy it? How much did you buy it? I'm planning to buy it
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by nightbuzzer: 11:18pm On Dec 09, 2017
crowntoro:
buy from any outlet
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by hardeycute(m): 5:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
I have been unable to tweak the Imei of this phone, please is there anyone here who has done it?
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by barackodam: 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2017
hardeycute:
I have been unable to tweak the Imei of this phone, please is there anyone here who has done it?

You can't without rooting

Or so I think
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by hardeycute(m): 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2017
barackodam:

You can't without rooting

Or so I think
Is your phone rooted?
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by barackodam: 10:28pm On Dec 10, 2017
hardeycute:
Is your phone rooted?

Not yet, but eventually would be
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by barackodam: 2:33am On Dec 12, 2017
Another update is available. Not Oreo sha
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 6:34pm On Dec 12, 2017
Agrogbeide:

Yeah, the battery is great, dem no born spark K7 well to last this long, i know it doesn't have the same battery capacity rating as hot 5 but the battery optimization is not good. One of the reasons why I ditched mine to get hot 5.

The major battery consumer of the hot 5 is the screen ON time. Same with other phones though. If you check your usage statistics, while you are left with say 20%, you will see it gulping about 30% or more of total usage.

But guy, when I bought mine and gave it it's first charge, it didn't get to 100% (you know the situation of power in this country) but 76%. I used it for several hours and it came down to about 47% the following day before i was able to give it a full charge.

Hope i will still get the maximum performance from the battery? Because I'm really jealous with the way yours is performing but I have not really tried to check mine in detail. But I usually squeeze 2 days out of mine. With a mix of light and heavy usage. (not at a stretch though)
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 12, 2017
37k, 21st Nov 2017 at 3c hub here in Benin city, Edo state
crowntoro:
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2017
Hot 5 just too go sweet for my liking. The battery capacity must favour us.
Hhenryy:

Yeah, the battery is great, dem no born spark K7 well to last this long, i know it doesn't have the same battery capacity rating as hot 5 but the battery optimization is not good. One of the reasons why I ditched mine to get hot 5.

The major battery consumer of the hot 5 is the screen ON time. Same with other phones though. If you check your usage statistics, while you are left with say 20%, you will see it gulping about 30% or more of total usage.

But guy, when I bought mine and gave it it's first charge, it didn't get to 100% (you know the situation of power in this country) but 76%. I used it for several hours and it came down to about 47% the following day before i was able to give it a full charge.

Hope i will still get the maximum performance from the battery? Because I'm really jealous with the way yours is performing but I have not really tried to check mine in detail. But I usually squeeze 2 days out of mine. With a mix of light and heavy usage. (not at a stretch though)

Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Marvel1206: 1:14am On Dec 16, 2017
madjnr:
I got an update
the internet speed meter, how did you switch it on
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madjnr: 7:07am On Dec 16, 2017
Marvel1206:
Check X manager
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madjnr: 10:14am On Dec 16, 2017
Marvel1206:

Go to X manager
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Marvel1206: 11:51am On Dec 16, 2017
madjnr:

Go to X manager
Thanks
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2017
madjnr:

Go to X manager
which one be internet speed meter again??
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 16, 2017
Please all those that have decipher everything in hot 5 should come and give us tutorial o...
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madjnr: 12:28pm On Dec 16, 2017
Agrogbeide:
which one be internet speed meter again??
it shows amount of data you used on your status bar
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madjnr: 6:32am On Dec 17, 2017
If you need infinix hot 5 custom rom that's fast and has good battery back up.. Whatsapp me 09024624997.... But at a price

Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
madjnr:
If you need infinix hot 5 custom rom that's fast and has good battery back up.. Whatsapp me 09024624997.... But at a price
is it based on rooting?
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madjnr: 3:09am On Dec 18, 2017
Agrogbeide:
is it based on rooting?
yeah sure
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Babybunny(f): 11:21pm On Dec 24, 2017
barackodam:
Starting up.....
pls i have used my phone for 3mnts now today when I put on my phone I read a message that my data has been corrupted and that I should start afresh so wen told to start afresh I was given two options either to back up or start afresh I'm confused
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by barackodam: 1:06am On Dec 25, 2017
Babybunny:
pls i have used my phone for 3mnts now today when I put on my phone I read a message that my data has been corrupted and that I should start afresh so wen told to start afresh I was given two options either to back up or start afresh I'm confused

Well, that's a bit confusing sometimes to say....to be safe, I'd rather you choose back up. Be sure to have lots of space in you Sd Card
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Babybunny(f): 12:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
barackodam:

Well, that's a bit confusing sometimes to say....to be safe, I'd rather you choose back up. Be sure to have lots of space in you Sd Card
well I did and its not working
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by SammyJac(m): 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
I got for myself Infinix Hot 5 Lite. The phone is pretty good and performance so far is satisfactory. It's more than a week I bought it, it doesn't lag and the battery serves me well. It is generally a good phone by my assessment. I bought it #31,000 from a mobile phone shop.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by barackodam: 10:34pm On Dec 25, 2017
Babybunny:
well I did and its not working

Hi, what about now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Whatsapp Latest Feature: Swipe To Reply, Dark Mode And Lots More / Telegram Releases Version 4.8 With With Video Streaming And Many More / Woman Scatters Whatsapp Prayer Group With Her Unclad Photos Posted (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.