Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread (92945 Views)

Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** / Infinix Hot 5 And Hot 5 Lite Are Out! - Disappointing Specs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by PianoWizard: 7:02pm On Dec 02, 2017
Nastydroid:
clean infinix hot 5 for sale 30k, 080..89.29.4 7 33 (lagos)
hhenryy someone is selling his hot 5.

hahahaha

rubbish phone.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Nastydroid(m): 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2017
PianoWizard:

hahahaha
rubbish phone.
the phone isn't rubbish.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2017
Nastydroid:
the phone isn't rubbish.

Don't mind the guy, he is a Tecno marketer. I won't reply him again. Let him continue ranting, whining and blabbing
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madgoat(m): 11:23pm On Dec 02, 2017
PianoWizard:

hahahaha

rubbish phone.

Hit ur head on the wall or hug a transformer grin
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madgoat(m): 11:27pm On Dec 02, 2017
Hhenryy:

Got the one with the smooth back. But the build quality is extremely poor. It's just like paper! It can break easily if you are not careful. That's very bad from infinix.

The 3.5mm jack port is also not well made. Inserting and removing earphone plugs is almost effortless. The contacts don't grip firmly. I doubt if it will last long before it starts malfunctioning.

Infinix bleeped up in the design of those two aspects. As if they are making toys for kids.... nonsense! after paying almost 40K so we must be ready to cough out about100K to get a very good build quality. Even Tecno budget phones have good build quality.
My earfone port is very firm and holds it in place just like every other fone i have used. It could be a manufacturing fault with your own particular fone

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 6:56am On Dec 03, 2017
madgoat:

My earfone port is very firm and holds it in place just like every other fone i have used. It could be a manufacturing fault with your own particular fone

Which version are you using? Hot 5 or lite?
And is it the one with smooth back casing or the rough one?

I wish I can snap the port. Please if you have an extra camera, help me snap the port of yours and upload. Ensure the internal view is captured.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madgoat(m): 7:52am On Dec 03, 2017
Hhenryy:

Which version are you using? Hot 5 or lite?
And is it the one with smooth back casing or the rough one?

I wish I can snap the port. Please if you have an extra camera, help me snap the port of yours and upload. Ensure the internal view is captured.

I am using the Hot 5 lite with the smooth back casing for about two months now. I dont think they produce the rough back casing anymore. Both the earpiece port and charging port are firm and tight. The charging port is so firm i am even afraid to use other chargers so it wont spoil it. I dont have an extra camera here but i will see if i can snap and post later.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 8:21am On Dec 03, 2017
madgoat:

I am using the Hot 5 lite with the smooth back casing for about two months now. I dont think they produce the rough back casing anymore. Both the earpiece port and charging port are firm and tight. The charging port is so firm i am even afraid to use other chargers so it wont spoil it. I dont have an extra camera here but i will see if i can snap and post later.

Yes, the charging port is extremely firm, I'm struggling to remove mine too it's ok.

I have checked the 3.5mm port again, it is the jack i am using. The jack is thinner than the "follow come" earphone jack. I don't use the "follow come" earphone because of the unsatisfactory sound quality.

I tried the original earphone jack and the grip was firm. I think it's ok.

But what do you have to say about the smooth back cover? Don't you think it's too light? It can easily break by mere flipping it's just like paper.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madgoat(m): 8:29am On Dec 03, 2017
Hhenryy:

Yes, the charging port is extremely firm, I'm struggling to remove mine too it's ok.

I have checked the 3.5mm port again, it is the jack i am using. The jack is thinner than the "follow come" earphone jack. I don't use the "follow come" earphone because of the unsatisfactory sound quality.

But what do you have to say about the smooth back cover? Don't you think it's too light? It can easily break by mere flipping it's just like paper.

Nah... The back cover wont break but be very careful and make sure you try to loosen it all round before attempting to pull it off.
Anyway i have not even removed my back cover apart from the first day i bought it to insert my sims and memory card; it can be like that for a year grin i also use a 360 degree protective casing(black) , its pretty cool and just N800 from roadside sellers. My fone will still be looking brand new if i want to sell it in a year's time.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by just2endowed: 11:26am On Dec 03, 2017
Pls how can i root my infinix hot 5
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by jmanity: 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2017
Is there any other phone that has something like the xhide app that comes with infinix phones?
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by MrImole: 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
Irenemmeso:
thanks
I later bought infinix s2

Please how much did you get it?
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madjnr: 1:58pm On Dec 03, 2017
jmanity:
Is there any other phone that has something like the xhide app that comes with infinix phones?
noooo infinix is the best... Thank God I dumped tecno grin
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by PianoWizard: 8:06pm On Dec 03, 2017
jmanity:
Gionee phones comes with data encryption chip that enables you hide pictures and videos and apps.
You can also encrypt text messages.

Before infinix ever thought of the xhide,, gionee has been doing it stylishly. They don't just make noise about it.

Sone Gionee phones also come with ir blaster aka remote controller. Same applicable with xiaomi.

Gionee and Xiaomi - Best phones.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by PianoWizard: 8:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
madjnr:
infinix best my foot.
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by jmanity: 9:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
PianoWizard:
Gionee phones comes with data encryption chip that enables you hide pictures and videos and apps.

Before infinix ever thought of the xhide,, gionee has been doing it stylishly. They don't just make noise about it.

Sone Gionee phones also come with ir blaster aka remote controller. Same applicable with xiaomi.

What is the app called on Gionee phones?
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madjnr: 3:32am On Dec 04, 2017
PianoWizard:
infinix best my foot.
infinix can not be your foot... It's way too expensive for your foot tongue
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by barackodam: 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2017
PianoWizard:

They don't sell as cheap as Infinix and Tecno
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Irenemmeso(f): 5:25pm On Dec 05, 2017
MrImole:

Please how much did you get it?
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by sogodihno: 12:36am On Dec 06, 2017
Hhenryy:

Mr Henry, pls, I need your advice, I don't know which to buy among these 2 phones, infinix hot 5 and Tecno spark, my main focus in android phone is battery and camera, but it's like this quality is share between this 2 phones, Tecno spark for camera, and infinix hot 5 for battery. in overall, which do u advice I go for sir?
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 6:59am On Dec 06, 2017
sogodihno:

Mr Henry, pls, I need your advice, I don't know which to buy among these 2 phones, infinix hot 5 and Tecno spark, my main focus in android phone is battery and camera, but it's like this quality is share between this 2 phones, Tecno spark for camera, and infinix hot 5 for battery. in overall, which do u advice I go for sir?

As someone who has used both products, here is my honest review....

The K7 camera is sharp no doubt, but it lacks colour depth/saturation especially the 13mp rear camera. The front camera has more color depth than the rear and it's very impressive for taking selfie.

The overall build quality is sturdier than the hot 5 and it's more grip-able even without any extra protective cover.

The battery? Well it can last a whole day depending on usage provided you put on the power saving option. But the hot 5 is better for obvious reasons.

And the price?... of course it's cheaper.

My verdict......

If you are not really interested in color depth/saturation, you can go for the Tecno. The 8mp on the hot 5 is equally impressive and captures more colors in fact I prefer it to the K7.
But for the selfie, K7 beats hot 5 hands down. I don't know how they did it, despite both being 5mp.

As for me, I'm not a camera freak, the main reason why I ditched my K7 was because of the poor color depth/saturation and also the poor sound output both on loudspeaker and earphones.

I thought Tecno used to have very good loudspeakers, but I was disappointed with the one on the spark. It was sounding like a tweeter!

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by sogodihno: 7:45am On Dec 06, 2017
Hhenryy:

As someone who has used both products, here is my honest review....

The K7 camera is sharp no doubt, but it lacks colour depth/saturation especially the 13mp rear camera. The front camera has more color depth than the rear and it's very impressive for taking selfie.

The overall build quality is sturdier than the hot 5 and it's more grip-able even without any extra protective cover.

The battery? Well it can last a whole day depending on usage provided you put on the power saving option. But the hot 5 is better for obvious reasons.

And the price?... of course it's cheaper.

My verdict......

If you are not really interested in color depth/saturation, you can go for the Tecno. The 8mp on the hot 5 is equally impressive and captures more colors in fact I prefer it to the K7.
But for the selfie, K7 beats hot 5 hands down. I don't know how they did it, despite both being 5mp.

As for me, I'm not a camera freak, the main reason why I ditched my K7 was because of the poor color depth/saturation and also the poor sound output both on loudspeaker and earphones.

I thought Tecno used to have very good loudspeakers, but I was disappointed with the one on the spark. It was sounding like a tweeter!

Actually, the price is not an issue, because if I will buy Tecno spark, I will buy that of 2gb ram and it's the same price with hot 5. Tanks for ur response, I think I will go for the tecno spark because of the camera and buy power bank to support the battery
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by stevewheezy(m): 2:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
madjnr:
its so good... Will the hot 5 get android 8.0

I've not heard about that though......
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madjnr: 4:38pm On Dec 06, 2017
stevewheezy:

I've not heard about that though......
check X club, is so true
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Hhenryy: 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2017
madjnr:

I activated the xhide feature and the icon disappeared from my screen. How do I access it and view my encrypted files?
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by barackodam: 11:37am On Dec 07, 2017
Hhenryy:

I activated the xhide feature and the icon disappeared from my screen. How do I access it and view my encrypted files?

##xxxx

Where xxxx is your password

In your dialer

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 08, 2017
Please my hot 5 came with an update but someone is advising me not to update because I may begin to see its consequences? Is there any adverse effect of upgrading or anything?

Hhenryy, madgoat
Re: Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread by madjnr: 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
madgoat:

Please what's your latest build number? I didn't get update since I bought mine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Whatsapp Latest Feature: Swipe To Reply, Dark Mode And Lots More / Telegram Releases Version 4.8 With With Video Streaming And Many More / Woman Scatters Whatsapp Prayer Group With Her Unclad Photos Posted (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.