Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! (25100 Views)

Six Ways To Obtain Wisdom From God / 42 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2017
kissthis is lovely...
Re: 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! by kalufelix(m): 11:26am On Sep 03, 2017
LordKO:
Without reading further, let me state my reservation on the number 1 "Wisdom belongs to the aged, and understanding to the old. (NLT)"

I stand bold to say that wisdom belongs to the insightful aged not just the aged - after all leaders are readers but not all readers are leader. And understanding doesn't belong to the old per se, but to the goodness proponents and practitioners - oldness doesn't confer goodness, ethical leanings does.

On Point!
Age Is No Guarantee For Wisdom And Understanding...Ecclesiastes 4:13 Says

Better Is A Poor And Wise Child Than An Old And Foolish King Who Will No More Be Admonished (kjv)

There Are Lots Of Them In The Society Today Unfortunately Its A Win Win Situation For Them In The Folly Business Because Like The Above Verse Stated "They Can No Longer Be Admonished/take Instructions"

Cheers
Re: 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! by Adaomalight(f): 11:28am On Sep 03, 2017
Aww! the spirit is lifted.
Re: 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 03, 2017
Awesome.
Re: 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! by Bluffly: 11:52am On Sep 03, 2017
lightblazingnow:
You didn't tell us who is wisdom

For the record: Wisdom is a person and not just a subject, most Author like king Solomon referred to wisdom as she, but I will tell you that wisdom is CHRIST

Who existed before anything was created and share equal status with God Almighty.

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

And so, before anyone would enjoy wisdom that man needs to know and comprehend who he is...

I am CHRIST JESUS the word which God prepared to be revealed at the end of all time..

Going by this scripture "Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: " Wisdom is the Holy Spirit
Re: 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! by Bluffly: 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2017
LordKO:
Without reading further, let me state my reservation on the number 1 "Wisdom belongs to the aged, and understanding to the old. (NLT)"

I stand bold to say that wisdom belongs to the insightful aged not just the aged - after all leaders are readers but not all readers are leader. And understanding doesn't belong to the old per se, but to the goodness proponents and practitioners - oldness doesn't confer goodness, ethical leanings does.

If I were you I won't argue that. With all thy gettings, get understanding Prov 4:7 Can a newly recruited Lieutenant say to his/general that he has war strategies. Can you argue with your father when it comes to life experiences? They've been there before you. Remeber that when you are not making some certain mistakes, you've actually learnt from other peoples mistakes or you are been directed by the holy spirit. So whatever knowledge you may have, be careful in translating it to wisdom where the age is.Give honour to whom honour is due.

In conclusion, you haven't derailed from the truth but only segregating the truth.
Re: 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! by LordKO(m): 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2017
Bluffly:

If I were you I won't argue that. With all thy gettings, get understanding Prov 4:7 Can a newly recruited Lieutenant say to his/general that he has war strategies. Can you argue with your father when it comes to life experiences? They've been there before you. Remeber that when you are not making some certain mistakes, you've actually learnt from other peoples mistakes or you are been directed by the holy spirit. So whatever knowledge you may have, be careful in translating it to wisdom where the age is.Give honour to whom honour is due.

In conclusion, you haven't derailed from the truth but only segregating the truth.

I wonder who told you that I'm parochial, just like you and your ilks, to have the bible as my standard. Unapologetically, I don't need your wack opinion to validate my submission.

It takes an informed person to know that insight is superior to experience.
Re: 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! by Gravas(m): 1:00pm On Sep 03, 2017
Wisdom is the ultimate. Thanks op.
Re: 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! by EdoBoy90(m): 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2017
ok
Re: 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! by Bluffly: 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2017
LordKO:

I wonder who told you that I'm parochial, just like you and your ilks, to have the bible as my standard. Unapologetically, I don't need your wack opinion to validate my submission.

It takes an informed person to know that insight is superior to experience.

Obviously, I can see where you are coming from. Stay blessed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? / Pastor Forgives Thief Who Broke Into Church Office To Steal (Photos) / The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.