Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice (2556 Views)

Ruga: Uwazuruike Blasts Ohanaeze 'Urging Igbos To Defend Themselves, Cowardice' / Begging R-APC, Not An Act Of Cowardice — Oshiomhole / The lopsided NNPC Appointment That Got Everyone Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by paBuhari(m): 10:01am On Sep 04, 2017
While northerners have been producing ministers of the federal capital territory, Abuja since it was created by military FIAT based on northern claim that it is located in the north, and their undocumented vow that no southerner will ever be appointed as substantive minister of Abuja, Northerners have been heading ministry of petroleum, NNPC and virtually all its department despite the fact that oil is located in the south. Even NPA and Customs is headed by a northerners. When was the last time you saw a southerner heading customs for example? Same situation exist in EFCC. Who is the bigger fool here? Is this charade an illustration of ONE NIGERIA?

Name Title Took Office Left Office Region

Mobolaji Ajose-Adeogun Minister 1976 1979 North

John Jatau Kadiya Minister 1979 1982 ii

Iro Abubakar Dan Musa Minister 1982 1983 ii

Haliru Dantoro Minister 1983 1984 - ii

Mamman Jiya Vatsa Minister 1984 1985 - ii

Hamza Abdullahi Minister 1986 1989 - ii

Gado Nasko Minister 1989 1993 - ii

Jeremiah Timbut Useni Minister 1993 1998 - ii

Mamman Kontagora Minister 1998 1999 - ii

Ibrahim Bunu Minister 1999 2001 ii

Mohammed Abba Gana Minister 2001 2003 ii

Nasir Ahmad el-Rufai Minister 2003 2007 ii

Aliyu Modibbo Umar Minister 2007 2008 ii

Muhammadu Adamu Aliero Minister 2008 2010 ii

Bala Mohammed Minister 2010 2015 ii

Mohammed Bello Minister 2015 To date ii

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ministers_of_the_Federal_Capital_Territory_(Nigeria)

Cc: MalcoImX

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by paBuhari(m): 10:12am On Sep 04, 2017
Lalasticlala, Seun, dominique
Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by aolawale025: 10:15am On Sep 04, 2017
Those are part of the issues the current clamour for restructuring hope to correct.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by paBuhari(m): 10:15am On Sep 04, 2017
Can those who sing One Nigeria explain the above injustice?

Full list of newly appointed NNPC directors
One Nigeria ���
NORTH
1. Malami Shehu, - MD Port Harcourt Refining Company.
2. Muhammed Abah, - MD Warri Refinery.
3. Umar Ajiya, - MD of NPMC.
4. Bala Wunti, - GGM CP&S.
5. Usman Yusuf, - GMD STA. (Tech).
6. Ahmadu-Katagum - GGM Shipping (Downstream).
7. Kallamu Abdullahi - GGM Renewable Energy Division.
8. Shaibu Musa - MD NNPC Medical Services Limited.
9. Ibrahim Birma - GGM Governance, Risk & Compliance Division.
10. Farouk Ahmed - MD Product Mkg - Retiring.

SOUTH WEST
1. Adewale Ladenegan, - MD Kaduna Refinery
2. Adeyemi Adetunji, - MD NNPC Retail.
3. Bola Afolabi, - GGM Research & Development.

SOUTH SOUTH
1. Roland Ewubare - Group General Manager
2. Diepriye Tariah - MD of IDSL.

EAST - 0

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by paBuhari(m): 10:20am On Sep 04, 2017
Hypocrisy is when you scold we IPOB for wanting a country of own, but turn blind, deaf and dumb to glaring nepotism being practiced in Nigeria as illustrated above.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by lastcall: 10:25am On Sep 04, 2017
This is nothing compared to thousands of innocent blood that was shed during northern riots over the past 50 years. Not a single inquiry was conducted. The blood vampires are still walking free.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by paBuhari(m): 10:25am On Sep 04, 2017
aolawale025:
Those are part of the issues the current clamour for restructuring hope to correct.
With injustice and nepotism the order of the day, do you thing northerners will allow any form of restructuring knowing fully well that they benefit hugely from the injustice? Not to mention the imbalance in the number of states between north and south that gives them advantage in the senate and house of reps thanks to military regime? If you are waiting for restructuring then be prepared to wait for eternity.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 04, 2017
The North is the only region that want unity and this is the reason they want it.This lopsided appointment made by buhari is a treasonable offence.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by paBuhari(m): 10:30am On Sep 04, 2017
I will not be surprise if this thread is thrown to the dustbin, isn't that what one Nigeria singers and controllers of nairaland love to do? grin Turn a blind eye to injustice in Nigeria, yet attack those of us who want out of this failed union?
One Nigeria singers pls am begging you come and convince me why I should remain in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by babyfaceafrica: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2017
Lolz...na una sabi..all of them na thieves..both north and south..so I don't care

1 Like

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by paBuhari(m): 10:34am On Sep 04, 2017
Love Machine:
The North is the only region that want unity and this is the reason they want it.This lopsided appointment made by buhari is a treasonable offence.
What is annoying me the most is the southerners that sing one Nigeria, despite the fact that southern Nigeria is the most cheated region in this failed union. Some southerners shout One Nigeria more than northerners.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by Stingman: 10:37am On Sep 04, 2017
paBuhari:
While northerners have been producing ministers of the federal capital territory, Abuja since it was created by military FIAT based on northern claim that it is located in the north, and their undocumented vow that no southerner will ever be appointed as substantive minister of Abuja, Northerners have been heading ministry of petroleum, NNPC and virtually all its department despite the fact that oil is located in the south. Even NPA and Customs is headed by a northerners. When was the last time you saw a southerner heading customs for example? Who is the bigger fool here? Is this charade an illustration of ONE NIGERIA?

You didn't include EFCC!

I have created many threads on this...but it doesn't go more than half a page....and it is gone...I believe most people from the south except IPOB, have agreed to live with it....I am baffled when people shamelessly claim Nigeria belongs to all...

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by paBuhari(m): 10:37am On Sep 04, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Lolz...na una sabi..all of them na thieves..both north and south..so I don't care
There are thieves everywhere in every country in the world. The problem here is the institutionalized nepotism and impunity in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by Daeyou(m): 10:40am On Sep 04, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
You're from which state??
Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by paBuhari(m): 10:42am On Sep 04, 2017
Stingman:

You didn't include EFCC!

I have created many threads on this...but it doesn't go more than half a page....and it is gone...I believe most people from the south except IPOB, have agreed to live with it....I am baffled when people shamelessly claim Nigeria belongs to all...

Thank-you! They hate it when truth is thrown at them raw right in the face. Yet they abuse those who call Nigeria a zoo. A county where some people are more equal than others.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by babyfaceafrica: 10:44am On Sep 04, 2017
Daeyou:
You're from which state??
how does that relate to the topic?
Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by babyfaceafrica: 10:46am On Sep 04, 2017
paBuhari:
There are thieves everywhere in every country in the world. The problem here is the institutionalized nepotism and impunity in Nigeria.
it is everywhere.... Even of south gets 99% of appointments unless you are their friends of family members,you won't benefit!!!..how did south gain from Stella odua,diezani and okonjo iweala and gej?...abeg all politicians na scam...fight for yourself

1 Like

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by Daeyou(m): 10:48am On Sep 04, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
how does that relate to the topic?
Am sorry, just wanna known!!
Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by paBuhari(m): 10:48am On Sep 04, 2017
Still waiting for One Nigeria music singers grin to come and explain/convince me why I will be better off in Nigeria in the face of injustice and nepotism.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by paBuhari(m): 10:54am On Sep 04, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
it is everywhere.... Even of south gets 99% of appointments unless you are their friends of family members,you won't benefit!!!..how did south gain from Stella odua,diezani and okonjo iweala and gej?...abeg all politicians na scam...fight for yourself
Where did you get your statistics that south get 99% of appointments

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by babyfaceafrica: 10:57am On Sep 04, 2017
paBuhari:
Where did you get your statistics that south get 99% of appointments
even if?
Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by paBuhari(m): 11:03am On Sep 04, 2017
Let me drag these people here grin grin

Sarrki, GenBuhari, comptroller general association of detrabalized Nigerians, Omenkalives, Omenka, IpobExposed, Gbawe, Cleverly, Vexacool, Maigworo, seunmsg, madridguy, burkingsx, Adminisher, BetaThings, Fastshipping, MalcoImX
Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by paBuhari(m): 11:08am On Sep 04, 2017
They are claiming deaf and dumb now on this thread grin grin I'm still waiting!
Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by paBuhari(m): 11:18am On Sep 04, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
even if?
Go to federal civil serveice, you will be shocked at what you will find there, not to mention one-sided recruitments and domination by a particular region in the country in agencies like the DSS and military.
There is a saying that when good men keep quiet in the fast of injustice, wicked people prosper and innocent people suffer. Don't you think its time for good people to raise up and demand for the end of impunity.
Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by babyfaceafrica: 11:24am On Sep 04, 2017
paBuhari:
Go to federal civil serveice, you will be shocked at what you will find there, not to mention one-sided recruitments and domination by a particular region in the country in agencies like the DSS and military.
There is a saying that when good men keep quiet in the fast of injustice, wicked people prosper and innocent people suffer. Don't you think its time for good people to raise up and demand for the end of impunity.
no one is good..not even one.
Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by limeta(f): 11:30am On Sep 04, 2017
The yorubas are the reason for this
Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by paBuhari(m): 11:37am On Sep 04, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
no one is good..not even one.
So because no one is good, we should just fold our hands and watch? Well, if you are fine by the status quo, then good for you. As for me, I'm not comfortable living in a country where nepotism is the order of the day.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by paBuhari(m): 11:46am On Sep 04, 2017
limeta:
The yorubas are the reason for this
The truth is that every region in the south is guilty of silence and cowardice until now. Eg Ezekwesili. She has never voiced her concern about the institutionalized nepotism being practiced in Nigeria, yet she campaign for BBOG. Ameachi on the other hand is just a puppet. He has sold his soul to those who think they own Nigeria.
Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by MalcoImX: 11:51am On Sep 04, 2017
paBuhari:
Still waiting for One Nigeria music singers grin to come and explain/convince me why I will be better off in Nigeria in the face of injustice and nepotism.
They say the dominance of the Igbo in the national team is what brought success, and they were all based on merit. If that is the case, the dominance of others in other fields is what would make success and are based on merit.
Your idea of merit is dominance.
Today you'll oppose federal character, quota system, etc. and tomorrow you're seen advocating it, just like Kanu is for one Nigeria during Jonathan but a secessionist during Buhari.
Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by Scholes007(m): 11:55am On Sep 04, 2017
Now we know all these what should be our next line of action? For the north west to be hungry and power drunk to handle these ministries, there most be illicit ways of siphoning our common wealth. There are some southern workers in some of these places, can't they make a stand? Can't they blow some whistle?
I could remember a sometime earlier this year, an incident occur in sokoto were it was noticed that a man worked @ close to four federal ministries received salaries from the four. This is a rampant case up north especially North west where you see one person with two-six atm cards bearing same name or with different name same bvn number on fg payroll but the fg hv never made any move to investigate such.
Corruption is very fertile up north but never will it be addressed by fg. All they do is run around the south with their red paint EFCc under investigation while sitting down everyday talking politics. Is about time southern pressure groups walk the talk. Even if for now you can't dethrone them from power but clipping the wings is as viable as anything, build strong institutions n see them leave. Southerners is about time we stand.
Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by MalcoImX: 11:57am On Sep 04, 2017
paBuhari:
Lalasticlala, Seun, dominique
This your post in itself is nepotistic. It won't go anywhere as it is selective, full of sentiments, and is lacking in research etiquette. Those people will consider it, maybe when you change your name to Nnamdi.
Re: NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice by Ojiofor: 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2017
MalcoImX:
They say the dominance of the Igbo in the national team is what brought success, and they were all based on merit. If that is the case, the dominance of others in other fields is what would make success and are based on merit.
Your idea of merit is dominance.
Today you'll oppose federal character, quota system, etc. and tomorrow you're seen advocating it, just like Kanu is for one Nigeria during Jonathan but a secessionist during Buhari.

Those boys that came to play for Nigeria are they employed by the federal government?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Urban Renewal And New Looks ( Photos ) / Atiku Campaign Train To The East: Caption This Photo Pose / How A Lagos Hotelier Richard Olumide Allegedly Killed His Manager Over Family Pr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.