Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos (49845 Views)

Yul Edochie With His Daughter And 3 Sons (Danielle, Kambi, Karl & Victor) / MC Oluomo, His 6 Daughters & 3 Sons In Atlanta (Photos) / E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching "Agbada" In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by 9jakool: 8:50pm On Sep 04, 2017
Eke40seven:

I don't think you researched anything I said at all. The almighty Aso Oke didn't originate in West Africa or Yorubaland.. Travel a bit, you will see that the middle East and India sub continent practiced the craft for thousands of years and even till today...
For the name Agbada, the general name for that kind of clothing is KAFTAN. Each region has specific names for the different style. The ones from West Africa are ALL similar including the Agbada. The Kurdish ancient Kaftan looked everything like the typical Northern elitist
Kaftan (it also has its Hausa name), but as they move from Region to region, there might be very slight modifications.
Sorry to burst your bubble, Aso Oke is sold all over the Indian online shopping space as Hand Loomed cotton Fabric.
I will post pictures of the Nigerian Aso Oke made in Nigeria and also the ones made in India, and you will see that there is little difference in pattern or texture.
1. Aso Oke from South Western Nigeria
2. "Aso Oke" production in India
3. Still on Indian Aso Oke
4. Sales
Please, now tell me the difference
I'll wait...
There is no such thing as "Indian Aso Oke" because last I check Indians don't speak Yoruba. It seems like you've run out of steam and you are just finding ways to not confront that you borrow from Yoruba culture. The khadi fabric you are referring to does not resemble Aso Oke. The color patterns, texture, thickness are not the same. One quick glance confirms this. I don't even think you know what authentic aso oke looks like, so I don't think I can have a reasonable conversation with you.

Is this what aso oke looks like?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by Eke40seven(m): 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2017
9jakool:

There is no such thing as "Indian Aso Oke" because last I check Indians don't speak Yoruba. It seems like you've run out of steam and you are just finding ways to not confront that you borrow from Yoruba culture. The khadi fabric you are referring to does not resemble Aso Oke. The color patterns, texture, thickness are not the same. One quick glance confirms this. I don't even think you know what authentic aso oke looks like, so I don't think I can have a reasonable conversation with you.
Is this what aso oke looks like?
I think you have problem with comprehension.

I told you that the English name for Aso Oke is "Hand Loomed cotton Fabric". What you know as Aso Oke and the craft didn't originate from Nigeria, I then used the word "Aso Oke" describing the Indian version which was much more older as an example.

In the picture I uploaded, I displayed An 'Aso Oke' from Nigeria and the one from India and you couldn't tell the difference.
Research a bit place. Don't make conclusions from what you were born with, look further into the world, what you think is exclusively yours is probably something that has been practiced for thousands of years somewhere else.
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by Davidscott(m): 10:16pm On Sep 04, 2017
business man like me lukin cute and amazing God bless my hustle so dat i go pass dem get money amen
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by 9jakool: 10:32pm On Sep 04, 2017
Eke40seven:

I think you have problem with comprehension.

I told you that the English name for Aso Oke is "Hand Loomed cotton Fabric". What you know as Aso Oke and the craft didn't originate from Nigeria, I then used the word "Aso Oke" describing the Indian version which was much more older as an example.

In the picture I uploaded, I displayed An 'Aso Oke' from Nigeria and the one from India and you couldn't tell the difference.
Research a bit place. Don't make conclusions from what you were born with, look further into the world, what you think is exclusively yours is probably something that has been practiced for thousands of years somewhere else.
And that is where you are wrong. Aso oke does not mean "hand loomed cotton fabric" as you put it. Why? Because Aso oke is just a type of hand loomed fabric and one of the many hand loomed fabrics produced in Yorubaland.

Aso oke is specifically associated with Oyo expansion. This is why towns like Iseyin or Oyo are big centers for aso oke. Aso Oke translate to something meaning "up/top clothes" denoting direction/location. It means clothes from the hinterland denoting the location of Oyo. This is why you don't expect to find big aso oke weaving centers in Ondo or Epe. Other Yorubas have their own hand loom weaving cultures and styles that differ from one group to another. For example the hand loomed technique and fabric produced by the Ijebus differs from the ones produced by Oyo. Aso oke is just the most popularized hand loomed fabric of Yorubas in today's Nigerian society; there are many others.

Also from your orginal pictures, the khadi produced is too light and the patterns aren't the same with aso oke. Then again, I don't expect you as an Igbo to understand. According to your revisionist theory, aso oke was brought to Iseyin from India. I don't think I've heard of this theory ever in my life.
I simply can't have a reasonable conversation with you if you can't distinguish aso oke from an Indian fabric.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by Eke40seven(m): 11:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
9jakool:

And that is where you are wrong. Aso oke does not mean "hand loomed cotton fabric" as you put it. Why? Because Aso oke is just a type of hand loomed fabric and one of the many hand loomed fabrics produced in Yorubaland.

Aso oke is specifically associated with Oyo expansion. This is why towns like Iseyin or Oyo are big centers for aso oke. Aso Oke translate to something meaning "up/top clothes" denoting direction/location. It means clothes from the hinterland denoting the location of Oyo. This is why you don't expect to find big aso oke weaving centers in Ondo or Epe. Other Yorubas have their own hand loom weaving cultures and styles that differ from one group to another. For example the hand loomed technique and fabric produced by the Ijebus differs from the ones produced by Oyo. Aso oke is just the most popularized hand loomed fabric of Yorubas in today's Nigerian society; there are many others.

Also from your orginal pictures, the khadi produced is too light and the patterns aren't the same with aso oke. Then again, I don't expect you as an Igbo to understand. According to your revisionist theory, aso oke was brought to Iseyin from India. I don't think I've heard of this theory ever in my life.
I simply can't have a reasonable conversation with you if you can't distinguish aso oke from an Indian fabric.
You keep mentioning Igbo when I have not mentioned anything about it. I dare you to upload any of the traditional 'Aso Oke' garment, I will quickly show you the Indian or Middle eastern equivalent and similarity. I dare you!
You have still failed to do a little research!

1 Like

Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by 9jakool: 11:18pm On Sep 04, 2017
Eke40seven:

You keep mentioning Igbo when I have not mentioned anything about it. I dare you to upload any of the traditional 'Aso Oke' garment, I will quickly show you the Indian or Middle eastern equivalent and similarity. I dare you!
You have still failed to do a little research!
Goodbye!
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by Kimy97(f): 11:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
His first son looks like hushpuppi
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by nenajanek: 2:44am On Sep 05, 2017
IamAirforce1:
Cute family, Young Goals.

Wow!!

May the good things of life never depart from us In Jesus name, Amen.
The smallest son is super cute. I beg I'm booking him for my unborn daughter....ha ha...
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by WINDSOW(m): 1:34pm On Sep 05, 2017
E-money & his 3 soldiers.
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by Exquisite3200(m): 10:36pm On Sep 07, 2017
This is cool
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by pmatiu: 6:06pm On Sep 14, 2017
They are our assets Rocks it boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji And AJ Cham: The Real Story Behind The White Man & The Actress / Davido Gets Dog For His Daughter, I made Adeleke (PHOTOS) / The N480k Shoe Toke Makinwa's Dog Destroyed (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.