Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande (25103 Views)

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s Daughter's Wedding: Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Attend / Abdulmajid Danbilki Commander: Tinubu Cannot Rule Us By Dictatorship / Osun Election: PDP Floors APC In Bisi Akande’s Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by tgbaba(m): 7:41pm On Sep 04, 2017
I am sorry if what Im about to say sound rude. This old man has gone senile. He even has the effrontery and gut to say this when the old f**L's that had govern this country started at very young age. OBJ was in his 30s, Gowon was in his 30s, same with all other head of state and president we've ever had.
And have these people lead the country well?
So he want himself and his like to continue messing these country up with their theifing mentality. Well its not his fault but docile youth that has allowed them to perpetuate themselves in power.
Its really sad .
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by nwosu35: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2017
May your children never hold any position in this country. . .

How old is France president..?
Are they in recession. . .?

I don't understand what kind of creatures we have in Nigeria. .
God save ur children from this.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Bluffly: 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2017
chineduemmao:
it's not arrant nonsense, he's just saying it would get worse

It is arrant nonsense. Nothing will get worse more than the already worst. The youths are not the problem but them that failed. Let them set a system that radiates integrity, transparency and development in place and that solves it. Not the youths. They failed to create a civilised society and they are weeping if the youths can, should that be their headache. Must they generalise? Moreso, it is not that the system will be entirely in the hands of the youths because it is not so anywhere in the world as it is a participatory and balanced one that we yearn for.

They should stop generalizing as not all youths are Badoos or Vikings or Buccaneers, etc. Not all youths rob the banks, kill and engage in rituals.
What is required is just one leader in every 10, which is possible.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by NSK4U(m): 7:53pm On Sep 04, 2017
mmmm, nawa oo.....

Do your Registration and Training for all INTERNATIONAL EXAMS including TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, SAT1, GRE, PTE, SAT2. @

GLOBAL VISION INTERNATIONAL
EDUCATION & TRAVELS.

We accept ZERO DEPOSIT { ie Get your VISA to America, Canada, France, UK, etc from us before you pay} from our clients that wish to go on vacation, work, or visit any of the aforementioned countries and more. for further info, call/whatsap us via 08145705687.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by boringnigerian: 7:55pm On Sep 04, 2017
The truth is that Nigerian youth are so pre-ocuppied with their own private hustles that they can't even muster any sort of zeal for public service.

That's why till tomorrow, when the old politicians come to campaign or need dirty work done for them, it's the youth you would find in their employ. The average Nigerian youth wants a better a country but isn't prepared to commit himself/herself to making it happen. The funny (or not so funny) part is that the old cargo politicians have realized this and have resorted to a using a mix of tricks like fear or doling out peanuts to keep the youth chasing shadows. The day the average Nigerian youth learns to say no to the handouts politicians offer and insist on proper governance regardless of who is in power; the day Nigerian youths stop being too afraid to demand for their rights to be respected and their welfare to be looked after; the day the average Nigerian youth learns to rise above petty pursuits and focus on the big picture; the day the average Nigerian youth stops leaving others to fight our battles; the day the average Nigerian youth learns that posting on Twitter and Facebook are only the beginning of a plush for proper change and not the whole thing - that is the day Nigeria will begin to move forward.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by boringnigerian: 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2017
Bluffly:

It is arrant nonsense. Nothing will get worse more than the already worst. The youths are not the problem but them that failed. Let them set a system that radiates integrity, transparency and development in place and that solves it. Not the youths. They failed to create a civilised society and they are weeping if the youths can, should that be their headache. Must they generalise? Moreso, it is not that the system will be entirely in the hands of the youths because it is not so anywhere in the world as it is a participatory and balanced one that we yearn for.

They should stop generalizing as not all youths are Badoos or Vikings or Buccaneers, etc. Not all youths rob the banks, kill and engage in rituals.

Maybe not all of us are criminals. But what are the rest of us that are not involved in criminal activities doing to ensure that our voices are heard and our wishes are respected; that we have a say in the politics and future of this country? Let's face it, the answer is - very little. Social media activism is well and good but you know what old politicians understand more than tweets and Facebook posts? Real world activism. Imagine if Asari and Tompolo and Boyloaf and the rest of them had spent all that time posting on Facebook and Twitter. The government would just have ignored them into oblivion. Same goes for Nnamdi Kanu. Imagine if all Boko Haram had was a Facebook page or twitter handle or Shekau ranting on Snapchat - we wouldn't even know who they are how much more take them seriously. If these people who went about their activism, however misguided they may be, in real time and damning the consequences could be taken seriously by the government, how much more all Nigerian youth who have a legitimate cause to push for a change?

2 Likes

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
bossmayor3:
I disagree with you sir, on the note you said no competent youth in this whole Nigeria to lead this grate country, it's a slap to our face. And this is why I blame all the youth for been quiet for too long hopen things will change by him self like magic but how will that bee possible without no machinary put in place, our efforts are needed to chase away those (old fulls)our quietness is becoming somting else" less stand for each other, together we will build naija..

Well said. Perhaps he should have gone ahead to tell[s]
bossmayor3:
I disagree with you sir, on the note you said no competent youth in this whole Nigeria to lead this grate country, it's a slap to our face. And this is why I blame all the youth for been quiet for too long hopen things will change by him self like magic but how will that bee possible without no machinary put in place, our efforts are needed to chase away those (old fulls)our quietness is becoming somting else" less stand for each other, together we will build naija..

Well said. Perhaps he should have gone ahead to tell[/s]
bossmayor3:

Well said bro. It baffles me when I hear such words being uttered by those who called themselves Elder Statesmen like him
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Fellywood(m): 8:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
FLYFIRE:

Wait a minute, I hope you are not talking about the id.iots that made an I.DIOT the president
Don't mind that #senior ZOMBIE

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
Now I understand why the arewawa youth president is a 73year old young man with grand children
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by chineduemmao: 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
Bluffly:

you made full sense on your own but i think you missed his points *1 He didnt point accusing finger on the you youths as the problem of the failed nation, infact he blamed the existing and past heads if you must know *2 He explained how evily manipulated the system has been made by the lords *3 Yes he wept for the future if the youths can set things right, just like many of us believe but to me its a very risky experiment just like head transplant how can the youths make things right i ask you, where will they even start from? He stated the obvious which even you agreed that the negative tendency is greater than the positive tendency in a very larger proportion not on a 1:10 ratio as you wished and to me this is where the problem lyes...
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Bluffly: 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2017
chineduemmao:
you made full sense on your own but i think you missed his points *1 He didnt point accusing finger on the you youths as the problem of the failed nation, infact he blamed the existing and past heads if you must know *2 He explained how evily manipulated the system has been made by the lords *3 Yes he wept for the future if the youths can set things right, just like many of us believe but to me its a very risky experiment just like head transplant how can the youths make things right i ask you, where will they even start from? He stated the obvious which even you agreed that the negative tendency is greater than the positive tendency in a very larger proportion not on a 1:10 ratio as you wished and to me this is where the problem lyes...

I quite agree that it appears a risky experiment but we can through foundational technology. Like I have been pondering lately on starting a political party and how will it be funded without state government diversions as we have off today and I realise that party members can be paying dues. And this calls for a live transparency network. We can achieve anything we set out to achieve if we can be painstaking. To start requires few individuals of like-minds.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2017
pittoilet:
Former interim National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Bisi Akande has said that the brand of democratic system in Nigeria is akin to military junta, noting that political players are not better than military dictators and despots.

The former Osun State Governor also expressed pessimism over the competence of the youths to take over the mantle of leadership, saying there is total erosion of values among the young generation.

“The core value system is no more in place. We have a mixture of the negative and positive tendencies among the youths.

“The negative tendencies are more than the positive ones. How do we get sincere and good future leaders in the present society”.

Akande, spoke when he payed host to members of Pan Yoruba group known as Yoruba Patriotic Movement at his Ila-Orogun, his country home.

He noted that the whole political system and pattern of governance in Nigeria predicated on “governance with impunity”.

He explained that the Nigerian party system was still far from entrenching internal democracy base on carryover of military orientation and gestapo approach.

Akande insisted that the only way democracy could be sustained and nurtured in a party system is to have an independent and virile political parties, the one not tied to the apron string of any governmental institution or structure.

“Political party grew in hierarchy system in those days; whether you are tailor, bricklayer, carpenter or whoever, you must learn politics through your political party.

“You cannot just rise up and say you want to become this, you want to become that in the party. You must learn first. Political party was a leadership training ground.

“But the military deliberately killed that system. The military wanted to be controlling the political party after they left power.

“The military created political party like NRC, SDP during Babangida’s time; we would remember the five leprosy fingers of General Sani Abacha. After they left government, they made regulations for the political parties through the civilian government.

“Up till date, military mentality still pervades our political system. Unfortunately, those who knew the military plan have left the political party leadership. Majority of the people at the leaderships of the political party are those who grew or learn politics in the military arrangement”, Akande opined.

http://www.looknaija.com/2017/09/youths-cannot-rule-nigeria-bisi-akande/

WICKED GRAND PA! SHUT OFF
SINCE YOU HAVE USED THE DESTINY OF YOUR CHILDREN,CHILDREN CHILDREN TO ATTAIN YOUR LOFTY HIGHT, WHY WOULD YOU WANT OTHER CHILDREN RULE!
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by mytym(m): 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
kennygee:
How can you be the leader of tomorrow when you're not a card carrying member of any political party?

I wonder...

Quite a long while babe.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by mars123(m): 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2017
[quote author=burkingx post=60131692][/quote]I like am like dat Im very happy but you sound very frustrated and pained. doh!
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by burakado17: 9:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
sarrki:
I kind of agree

Same youths that produced Gani Adams, Evans FFK,Asari dokubo, Nnamdi KANU and shekau to mentioned but few
you spoke my mind
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by burkingx(f): 9:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
[code][/code]
mars123:
I like am like dat Im very happy but you sound very frustrated and pained. doh!

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by alexis007(m): 10:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
boringnigerian:

Maybe not all of us are criminals. But what are the rest of us that are not involved in criminal activities doing to ensure that our voices are heard and our wishes are respected; that we have a say in the politics and future of this country? Let's face it, the answer is - very little. Social media activism is well and good but you know what old politicians understand more than tweets and Facebook posts? Real world activism. Imagine if Asari and Tompolo and Boyloaf and the rest of them had spent all that time posting on Facebook and Twitter. The government would just have ignored them into oblivion. Same goes for Nnamdi Kanu. Imagine if all Boko Haram had was a Facebook page or twitter handle or Shekau ranting on Snapchat - we wouldn't even know who they are how much more take them seriously. If these people who went about their activism, however misguided they may be, in real time and damning the consequences could be taken seriously by the government, how much more all Nigerian youth who have a legitimate cause to push for a change?
I don't like comments on nairaland as well as I don't crave likes for mine. But I liked yours...first time I'm clicking my like button.

I see young people everyday engage their phones and surf the internet, a virtual library of knowledge. It is supposed to make us wiser than our predecessors. Instead, we seem to be dumber than them. The present value system is not cool, we complain. Yet Wizkid, Davido and Kim K is someone's role model. Hushpuppi is well celebrated. Akande is quite right. We have not started. And unless a revolution of the mind would happen to each and every youth out, the negative cycle is most likely to continue. We could even make things worse if we are finally permitted to man the wheels.

2 Likes

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by lexy2014: 10:48pm On Sep 04, 2017
chineduemmao:
it's not arrant nonsense, he's just saying it would get worse
it will get worse because bisi akande and his generation failed.they enjoyed scholarship, free&quality education, immediate employment (many of them got 504 salon cars after graduation), and free mentorship in their time as youths.what have they given 2d youths of this generation?
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by boringnigerian: 11:52pm On Sep 04, 2017
alexis007:
I don't like comments on nairaland as well as I don't crave likes for mine. But I liked yours...first time I'm clicking my like button.

I see young people everyday engage their phones and surf the internet, a virtual library of knowledge. It is supposed to make us wiser than our predecessors. Instead, we seem to be dumber than them. The present value system is not cool, we complain. Yet Wizkid, Davido and Kim K is someone's role model. Hushpuppi is well celebrated. Akande is quite right. We have not started. And unless a revolution of the mind would happen to each and every youth out, the negative cycle is most likely to continue. We could even make things worse if we are finally permitted to man the wheels.

Totally agree with you. Nigerian youth need a revolution of the mind. We're still too caught up in irrelevant things and wrong priorities at the moment. To be honest, if the resins of leadership were handed to us right now, we wouldn't even know what to do with. Heck we would probably make the country even worse. There is something essentially wrong with our value system as Nigerian youth. We are consumers not producers and that's where our problem starts. We cannot produce anything tangible or intellectual and those of us that strive to rise above this level of mediocrity are largely ignored.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 04, 2017
Until the zoo do away with the 1999 northern constitution, all these campaigns for 2019 won't work this time for APC propaganda speeches and lying in the media to deceiving their zombies.

Buhari is not left out of military 1999 constitution.

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by boringnigerian: 11:57pm On Sep 04, 2017
kent2cky:

You are quite right too, but the bad youths we have in the country now is as a result of the elders who have taught them bad ways. However I refuse to believe that there are no good ones around capable of moving the country forward. Who are the ones behind the big startup companies spring up allover the country?? There are others too who are ready to make the difference once given the chance. This is where our friend, Bisi Akande is wrong.

While I agree that there are good ones, let's face it, most of us are not interested in following them. Instead we're too busy looking for who would give us handouts or entertain us instead of those that would educate and develop us. Any wonder the likes of Bobrisky are popular in this country? We want the easy way out, we want other people to fight our battles, we don't want to apply ourselves. The average Nigerian youth knows the names of all the popular celebrities, even the obscure ones. But ask them who the minds behind some of the country's big startups are and you'll draw a blank. We are willing to go on Facebook and Titter to get people to win popularity contests but we are not willing to go on the same social media to campaign for young people who are venturing into politics. With this kind of mindset, do you honestly think Nigerian youth are ready for leadership or would support their fellow youth who want to become leaders?
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by dizzyime: 11:59pm On Sep 04, 2017
A serving policeman connected to the state’s police order, Mr Donatus Oyibe, yesterday evening purportedly dedicated suicide. The occurrence occurred at Ukwuakpu hub of Abakaliki capital.

Additionally, the decaying body of a 70-year-old lady purportedly stole and murdered by presumed Fulani herders in Ezi Ajah, Amuro Community in Afikpo North Local Government Area of the state, Mrs Uche Oko, was found in the hedge by the inhabitants of the zone.

Oyibe, a local of Ndegu Ishieke in Ebonyi Local Government Area of the state was said to have bounced inside a profound well when he went to get water.

As indicated by sources near the expired, his grievous demise may be associated with his current exchange to Borno State. He was allegedly disappointed after his posting letter was discharged on August 28.

The expired’s little girl, Ukamaka, portrayed that his late father took container to get water from the well yet couldn’t be seen for a few hours. His obscure whereabouts made doubt and pressure that prompted his pursuit.

She added that when they got to the water well, his container was seen and they peered inside the well just to find that he has kicked the bucket.

Read more here http://www.naijatrending.com.ng/metro/how-a-policeman-commit-suicide-after-being-posted-to-borno/

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by daveP(m): 12:07am On Sep 05, 2017
See one of the problems of nigeria. shut up already. is it until al 4mer military leaders do a comeback b4 u know that we can pull a france?
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 05, 2017
boringnigerian:

While I agree that there are good ones, let's face it, most of us are not interested in following them. Instead we're too busy looking for who would give us handouts or entertain us instead of those that would educate and develop us. Any wonder the likes of Bobrisky are popular in this country? We want the easy way out, we want other people to fight our battles, we don't want to apply ourselves. The average Nigerian youth knows the names of all the popular celebrities, even the obscure ones. But ask them who the minds behind some of the country's big startups are and you'll draw a blank. We are willing to go on Facebook and Titter to get people to win popularity contests but we are not willing to go on the same social media to campaign for young people who are venturing into politics. With this kind of mindset, do you honestly think Nigerian youth are ready for leadership or would support their fellow youth who want to become leaders?

Nigeria is the only place where any non politicians that make any attempt to protest against bad governance in Nigeria, the same so called youths will kicked against and discourages him/them. We all know what they did to 2Face Idibia and are doing to Nnamdi Kanu led IPOB. Most of them claimed to be educated and well spoken English language.

Nonsense Nigeria youths.

Can they start now demanding for independent candidates to run affairs of Nigeria? Because in Biafra republic youths are taking over leadership and governance for the better of Biafra citizens.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by uvalued(m): 1:08am On Sep 05, 2017
sarrki:
I kind of agree

Same youths that produced Gani Adams, Evans FFK,Asari dokubo, Nnamdi KANU and shekau to mentioned but few

like you , omenkalives,ngenekwanu that produce failed despot like buhari that is so tribalistic and nepotistic .....
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Skookum(m): 6:01am On Sep 05, 2017
Oloriburuku ni man yi sha..... Some of d teachers u sack during ur tenure as osun state gov are still licking their wound. It one strike to another frm civil servants from 1999-2013 he was gov. D way he slash salaries then is mading. He tnk he still hv mouth after his failed political career..... I can never forget d phrase "bisi akande ole"(bisi akade thief) some even call him bisi akandun (bisi whitlow)
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by naturefellow(m): 6:39am On Sep 05, 2017
kennygee:
How can you be the leader of tomorrow when you're not a card carrying member of any political party?
that's the major point this baba is making!
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by bareal(m): 7:46am On Sep 05, 2017
sarrki:
I kind of agree

Yea! Same oldies that produced the likes of Lai Mohammed, Obasanjo, Jonathan, Deizani, Buhari to mention but a few.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by nathaniel98(m): 9:16am On Sep 05, 2017
[b][/b]It's now that youths are being perceived not capable while they have been using youths at large for their political activities. So they want to deny the youths the chance so as to keep them tied to their apron as the instrument to achieve their political personally selfish interests........ #YOUTHS DESERVES THE CHANCE. ENOUGH OF ENDLESS DELIBERATIONS. yesssss to the youth.#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APGA Clothes Burnt In Nzam, Anambra As Members Welcome Tony Nwoye (Pics) / Reno Omokri Picks Holes In Governor Wike’s Media Chat, Lists 10 Fallacies / UK Private Visit: Remain Silent Or Stop Lying, Lawyer Tells Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.