Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls (7431 Views)

Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? / Importing Rice To 9ja From The U.S - Is This A Profitable Business? / What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2010
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by snowdrops(m): 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2010
The poster sounds like someone in a paid full time job who does not really have the time to oscillate between naija and the uk to monitor biz. As people have suggested above, you will need a trusted relative/confidant to supervise your biz in naija.

Otherwise you can save your money in uk banks such as in cash/fixed term ISAs with annual returns from 2% to 5%. Small but you capital is gauranteed and the interest is tax free. Snatander, Halifax, nationwide and first direct all have good deals at present.

Or be brave and in invest in the uk. I am kinda in similar position as you and have done a lot of research into this area. I will advice you to look for and attend conferences on investments/businesses. They are quite helpful; you can hear from various british local investors and enterpreneurs on pros and cons of different biz. All the best.
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by olasquare: 6:02pm On Feb 25, 2010
Hello frnd in the UK.
I love it when pple can think of something to bring them extra buck to shock up their income; and this you have done with the faith of making profit which is very important for any biz. And to have thought about doing it in the place of your birth is another thumbs up,

But my problem is; identifying a lucrative biz is not the problem in Nigeria, and steering it to make good profit is neither a wahala, wahale dey in managing the pple that are managing it for you most especially when you are about 3000 miles away from where you can quickly observe them to check their excesses.

Fistly, the fish farming as many have proposed is a good biz coz I have done the biz, I can work out all the cost analysis, expenses, profit marging and tell where the market is booming,
There is stock, There is real estate, there are a whole lot
Looking at all these and the problem of having good management for the biz; this is what I have to say

Never do any biz you won't be able to have first hand information on since you aren't coming to stay in Nigeria. As for fish farming, as much as the profit marging is tempting and encouraging; the no 1 killer of this profit is poor management in terms of changing the water, doing timely and accurate sorting of the fishes etc

Yes! pple will be quick to tell you they will do all that perfectly but my experience can tell, This is not to condemn the fact that there are no gud pple who can do this well for U, but they say put your money where, ?

For stock we all know what is happening to stocks all over the world, moreover you can trade on that right there in the UK

As for Real estate, you can put your money on this I bet, All you need is a gud estate firm, you can either get them to also mange the property for you if you so wish, a whole lot of them will do it with gud ethical practice coz they have a name to protect, but if you ain't goin to let them manage the property, they can buy it for you while you pay them their professional charges which is usually 10%; and in most cases very very negotiable. I bet you will certainly get a return on investment on this, just buy the property and do all necessary documents and that's all.

Another biz which is good and lucrative and you don't need to fear for your capital depending on the arrangement and the level of trust YOU are willing to leverage is buying and selling, what are you buying? I tell you computer accessories and phones plus its accessories can give you extra bucks,
already many pple in UK and America do this. Usually they run it through their relatives who deliver and get the bucks for them, but you know the Nigerian syndrome, can you trust that relative of yours?, Another avenue is they deal directly first by starting little,

You can hook me up, then I will download more, oladixton@yahoo.co.uk
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by ZUBBYNWA(m): 6:22pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ poster, sorry for my late response to your post, but what i want you to know is that nigeria is a very economy country where a little thing that you lay hand will turn into everlasting useful bossom,

in my thought, i suggested that you will try Cybercafe which is one of the most economy in nigeria nowadays i am also managing one here
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by bee444: 6:40pm On Feb 25, 2010
You can never go wrong with Property, think about the appreciation side and the 'it's your forever ideology'.

If you're really and honestly serious, then go to Nigeria and start erecting those flats and estates. You're rich forever!

Pls! don't allow your family members to handle the project for you o, na disaster be dat.

nuff said
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by ayomifull(f): 6:56pm On Feb 25, 2010
I think of it once in a while but for my experience while at home i wont ever even try it if i am not there 24/7 to monitor any biz myself. While i was home i tried a buz with my trusted blood sister and i bit my fingers. Not giving up i tried another with a trusted cousin, same story and then finally with a trusted friend and again same story. I was still in Nigeria just that i was in full time employment and had to partnet because i had no time imagine what it would be if i was to be this far away.

What i do now is i look out for fixed term offers from banks and i quickly put my money in, once it matures i put it back in savings and look for another juicy offer. My mind is at peace and my capital is intact even though the return is not always that much. I just made about 1,560 on 20k invested in a 20 months fixed term. It isnt much but i am cool with it, i cant afford to waste the money im making inside this kinda weather.

Think very well b4 venturing into a buz you are not on ground to monitor.

Good luck.
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by bayemibo: 9:15pm On Feb 25, 2010
I think export might be a good business option. check http://exportnigeria..com/
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by TmeD0(m): 9:39pm On Feb 25, 2010
EVERWIN:

@ bol
Come to Belgium.

You can joint venture with us (Belgian and Nigerians) if you have minimum 15000euro/trip to invest.

No risk, cash and carry car biz. +200 cars, bus, trucks available that is suitable for Naija market.

We are inside this biz since many years. Company in Belgium and Nigeria.

To show you this biz and the way I ask 50% of your nett profit payable after finishing this first trip.

Next trips as partner no cost anymore. Each trip takes 5 weeks preparation and shipping.

This biz have a ROI of 75% till 150%.

See 4 my mail in my profile.

@ OP, all i can say is that just be extremely careful of anyone you decide to deal with including NL.

so many red flags on responses to your post. . . u seem to be a reasonable person and i have a feeling you will make the right decision.

good luck man!  Peace!
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by RESTAURANTMANAGER(m): 9:42pm On Feb 25, 2010
The restaurant business in Nigeria particularly in Abuja, is quite lucrative, I am speaking from point of authority. We are a reputable consulting firm in the food business, we shall be ready to give you details of all you need to start a restaurant and how to manage it.
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by snowdrops(m): 9:55pm On Feb 25, 2010
ayomifull:

I think of it once in a while but for my experience while at home i wont ever even try it if i am not there 24/7 to monitor any biz myself. While i was home i tried a buz with my trusted blood sister and i bit my fingers. Not giving up i tried another with a trusted cousin, same story and then finally with a trusted friend and again same story. I was still in Nigeria just that i was in full time employment and had to partnet because i had no time imagine what it would be if i was to be this far away.

What i do now is i look out for fixed term offers from banks and i quickly put my money in, once it matures i put it back in savings and look for another juicy offer. My mind is at peace and my capital is intact even though the return is not always that much. I just made about 1,560 on 20k invested in a 20 months fixed term. It isnt much but i am cool with it, i cant afford to waste the money im making inside this kinda weather.

Think very well b4 venturing into a buz you are not on ground to monitor.

Good luck.
Thats £78 permonth on £20,000 tied to an account for 20 months. That same money could have doubled within the same period in a business.
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by jaybee3(m): 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2010
78 quid per month on 20K investment, f.ck me i will guarantee you 10% return within a month.
what happened to the common buying and selling? you could have bought cars to sell off in naija (remember that u ain't looking for hush money so time is def on your side)
you could have tried into property investment with that kind of money (dis is the time to buy if u av the cash)
na wa oh
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by boyt1: 10:05pm On Feb 25, 2010
bee444:

You can never go wrong with Property, think about the appreciation side and the 'it's your forever ideology'.

If you're really and honestly serious, then go to Nigeria and start erecting those flats and estates. You're rich forever!

Pls! don't allow your family members to handle the project for you o, na disaster be dat.

nuff said
Where do you expect the poster to get such cash to start erecting flats and estates.  You people in 9aa think everybody in Europe and America  is loaded with such huge cash to go into Oil business or estate contruction.
Don't forget the cash the poster has is just a little savings he got from his normal job, he is not a politician or bank executive. In UK you can not loot the local , state ,or federal treasury as the case in 9aa. So pls. advise him based on the strength of his liquidity.
I speak from my experience in Europe and Yankee.
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by snowdrops(m): 11:04pm On Feb 25, 2010
boy t:

Where do you expect the poster to get such cash to start erecting flats and estates.  You people in 9aa think everybody in Europe and America  is loaded with such huge cash to go into Oil business or estate contruction.
Don't forget the cash the poster has is just a little savings he got from his normal job, he is not a politician or bank executive. In UK you can not loot the local , state ,or federal treasury as the case in 9aa. So pls. advise him based on the strength of his liquidity.
I speak from my experience in Europe and Yankee.
Wise talk

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by Freiburger(m): 12:15am On Feb 26, 2010
All of them don set their antena now think say manna dey fall come from heaven.
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by ayettymama(f): 12:22am On Feb 26, 2010
If you want a business that will prosper your gonna have to put ur all into it!

you cannot run it from here unless youve established a system that your sure will work

nigeria is full of parasites and crooks, i wouldnt advise you to invest your money unless you are ready to stay there for a while

even i am havin 2nd thots abt businees there after the armed robbery incidence

if ur tied up in the uk i advise u to start one here
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by snowdrops(m): 12:34am On Feb 26, 2010
ayettymama:

If you want a business that will prosper your gonna have to put your all into it!

you cannot run it from here unless youve established a system that your sure will work

nigeria is full of parasites and crooks, i wouldnt advise you to invest your money unless you are ready to stay there for a while

even i am havin 2nd thots abt businees there after the armed robbery incidence

if your tied up in the uk i advise u to start one here
THE QUESTION FOLLOWS THAT WHAT BIZ CAN A NIGERIAN START UP IN THE UK?
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by ayettymama(f): 12:52am On Feb 26, 2010
well i didnt study business- but i guess ideas can come from anywhere

depends on your skills

you can start a caterin business, open a betting shop, star a consultancy, online fashion store, graphics and art

there are soo many!
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by snowdrops(m): 1:27am On Feb 26, 2010
ayettymama:

well i didnt study business- but i guess ideas can come from anywhere

depends on your skills

you can start a caterin business, open a betting shop, star a consultancy, online fashion store, graphics and art

there are soo many!
Nice one
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by steadymind(m): 8:01am On Feb 26, 2010
I met a naija guy in South Africa, he made his money in the UK and when he mentioned his business plans to his elder brother, his brother took up the challenge.

With his money, his brother flew business class all over the world- so that he can meet important businessmen and ministers, at least, that's what he said,
Bought loads of perfumes and clothing from several tax free shopping outlets both on land and in the air.

The brother rocked the whole of sandton every weekend flying in from Naija.

In all, about N30 million went up in flames.

I have also met a woman, whose younger brother sent her pictures of someone elses development and claimed that was the house he was building with the money she was sending.

In both cases, nothing was done, cos they are family, an apology sufficed.

The morale of the story is that many nigerians feel their relatives in the UK pluck money from trees.

DONT TRY IT.

If you wanna take advantage of doin business in naija, come down yourself, set up something, and monitor the bank account by yourself when you get back to the UK.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by EVERWIN(m): 12:42pm On Feb 26, 2010
@T@meD0
@ bol
@ who have intrest to read

What is a red flag here?

The 15000euro to invest?

Know that he hold his money himself till he gets his own choice of the units. After paying 4it he get Belgian government garanty that this units is for him to export.

Cash and carry, with government garanty. 

Last time my biz partners have +750000euro profit but this was exceptional becos we help a failed shipping company from Germany to close down.

This is an extra garanty becos before my bizpartners arrive with more then 300units cars and trucks and to many people became jealous in naija and try everthing to block them in naijaport.

Then 4 your so called next red flag:

"To show you this biz and the way I ask 50% of your nett profit payable after finishing this first trip."

This is the entry fee to join but he pay it after succesfull sales and only on the nett profit.

Red flags suppose to sound like:

*give me personally 15000euro to invest.
*pay upfront 25000euro before we think if you can join us.

This units are very cheap to purchase becos they are all from my Nigerian debtors.

This units come from Naija people in Belgium that want to do carbiz before but are blocked sometimes becos of personally problems sometimes of money problems.

I get them free of their problems and get their goods. I get acceptance from Belgium government to export them as now the real and new owners.

Naija people in Belgium don't get money anymore to do this biz. My bizpoartners are IBO spareparts and car/trucks dealers that come special for this to belgium from Nigeria.

So all this units are already choosen by naija people to ship and sometimes already loaded with goods.

I'm very real and if you ask in naija community in Belgium about me they know I rule this biz and other biz.

I'm not an nigerian but a Belgian from traditional family in Belgium.
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by maureena(f): 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2010
POSTER YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL. THERE IS NO WAY U CAN STAY IN UK AND MANAGE A BUSINESS IN NIGERIA. AN IGBO ADAGE SAYS
THAT YOU CANNOT PUT YOUR TWO HANDS IN YOUR MOUTH.

IF YOU INTEND TO START A BUSINESS IN NIGERIA THAT MEANS YOU ARE PLANNING TO SETTLE DOWN FINALLY IN NIGERIA BUT IF NOT
I DONT BUY THAT IDEA. THERE ARE MANY SHEEP IN WOLVES CLOTHING WHO ARE WAITING TO REAP WHERE THEY DID NOT SOW.
SHINE YOUR EYE.

ON THE SECOND THOUGHT, IF YOU HAVE A BROTHER OR A SISTER WHO U KNOW YOU CAN TRUST VERY WELL THEN U CAN GIVE THAT
A TRIAL. BUT IT IS STH YOU WILL SIT DOWN AND DISCUSS WITH THEM. WISH U THE BEST IN UR ENDEAVOUR.
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by kadman(m): 3:45pm On Feb 26, 2010
@ ayettymama

Real solid advice and ideas you gave. New to UK and thinking along that line. I'd be grateful if you could give me more advice. Thanks smiley
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by adebaxton(m): 7:59pm On Feb 26, 2010
Pls shine your eyes
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by cvibe: 8:50pm On Feb 26, 2010
Whatever your plans, forget relatives in Naija when it comes to business cos we're not just like the Indians.
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by lastpage: 12:46am On Feb 27, 2010
If you're still single, marry a Naija lady, based in Naija.
Start the business and get it running and put her in-charge. That is selfish somehow but its the best l can think of for now grin
She is your wife and l doubt if she will not protect the business because in doing so, she is protecting her interest.

Any other person will make you smell pepper grin

BTW: I bet you dont have B.P yet?
may you never have B.P but this business-by-proxy is one sure way to get B.P wink

If you're not too much into "over-night profit", go and buy land that has good title, fence it up, gate it and you can even put one "useless foundation" on it. Buy in a good location and let your money be maturing till you can think of something you can manage.
Otherwise, open a bank account with GTB or Zenith or some other not so crooked ones.
Put your money in "Fixed Deposit".
#2.5Million will give you 12.5% PA = #312,500.
If you get bigger amount, you can negotiate for higher percentage.

At least, your capital is safe and as you said, "you wont be counting dead fish"!
Plus the small interest on it can take care of your trips to Naiaj grin
Wish you well.
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by EzeUche(m): 4:31am On Feb 27, 2010
DON'T DO IT POSTER!!!

And don't trust any of these posters in this forum. They will rob you blind like they do the whites in West. They will not have any problem robbing your black a s s.
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by Sprumbaba: 10:07am On Feb 27, 2010
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2010
Sprumbaba, I thought there was a ban on imported juice drinks in Naija? I heard you can only import it in drums to be repackaged in Naija. Please confirm the situation.
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by Sprumbaba: 5:52pm On Feb 27, 2010
Re: What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls by oderemo(m): 6:11pm On Feb 27, 2010
@wwww90.
you nothing but a clown.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can You Make N4000 Daily Offline/online. Please Share. / Cote D’ivoire, Senegal, Others Beat Nigeria On Global Trade Logistics Index / Who Here REALLY Earns $50-$100 Per Day From CPA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.