Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,131 members, 7,838,876 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game (34986 Views)

Obu Umunri Enugwu-ukwu Yuletide Masquerades Flogging Competition (Video, Pics) / Young Man Engages Masquerade In A Flogging Contest As Villagers Watch. Photos / 'I Got Three Wives Through Flogging' - Fulani Man (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by BanevsJoker(m): 9:38am On Sep 05, 2017
Is that not Ghost Worker's state? Can anything good come out of Katsina?
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 05, 2017
hatchy:
There is so much segregation in the North in economic, socially, educational and even religious aspect.

These retrogressive traditions does not apply to the rich and well placed but only the poor just because they have to subjugate and bring them to total submission.

Mentality issues!

was Zahra Buhari's suitor flogged?
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by johnson232: 9:39am On Sep 05, 2017
WenysAD:
Dem for post d pix of the girl wey d guys got flogged for leading to d death of one of d suitors so we can decide if it was worth it
You think even if the girl is as beautiful as an angel, she is worth d life of the man?
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by malware: 9:41am On Sep 05, 2017
nnokwa042:
Why didn't British join Somalia Afghanistan with northern Nigeria?

You can still meet them and propose that to them....

FYI, the Britain still recognize the North more than the South
cheesy
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by EazyMoh(m): 9:42am On Sep 05, 2017
Lies!
Sharon nowadays is just played for sports, especially during festivities like Sallah.
This incidence has nothing to do with marriage.
Two people were playing a sport and one decided to cheat which Ultimately lead to the death of the other unfortunately.

1 Like

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 05, 2017
Shadi/sharo. Old habits die hard they say. Obviously,the Pulos(fulanis) have opted to stick to a weird nomadic cultural practice that goes way back in time. I remember roaring with laughter as a youngster in primary school as my teacher set about explaining this tradition to me in the Social Studies classroom. That was a few years back...
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by 3kay945(m): 9:51am On Sep 05, 2017
When people behave like animals, they die like them.
Next story pls.
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by chiraqDemon(m): 10:00am On Sep 05, 2017
Nwodosis:
But I didn't see anybody being flogged when Buhari's daughters were given out for marriage. Is there tradition not meant for all? Or their leaders also use tradition as they use religion to brainwash their commoners?
I thought I was having eye problems when I didn't see indomie​ getting flogged
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Charisman: 10:02am On Sep 05, 2017
lol in dis modern era. is all right
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by oluxzy: 10:03am On Sep 05, 2017
;DThey flogged out his soul..his soul couldnt take it
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Rozaytee: 10:06am On Sep 05, 2017
Jesuuu!!..wat sort of dumb tradition is dat?
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by LordofNaija: 10:09am On Sep 05, 2017
hatchy:
There is so much segregation in the North in economic, socially, educational and even religious aspect.

These retrogressive traditions does not apply to the rich and well placed but only the poor just because they have to subjugate and bring them to total submission.

Mentality issues!

When Ahmed indimi married Zahra Vuhari nobody flog am o. why cant this people opeb their eyes grin
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 05, 2017
Addicted2Women:

What a weak man

I took my 80 strokes of the cane and my brother's 70 lashes like a champ

They flogged me like i stole something from them, i don't know if they were angry because an igbo guy(me) is marrying their daughter

I heard they have increased the number from 80 to 400, that's the only reason why i haven't gotten a 2nd wife, i don't want to end up on the Nairaland new like this man

grin grin grin
d cane is nat as painful as before, go g8 anoda wife
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by yfo: 10:10am On Sep 05, 2017
WenysAD:
Dem for post d pix of the girl wey d guys got flogged for leading to d death of one of d suitors so we can decide if it was worth it

Aunty abeg make up your mind... pidgin or queen's english, choose one tongue

1 Like

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by chiiraq802(m): 10:27am On Sep 05, 2017
Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by 2016v2017: 10:37am On Sep 05, 2017
hatchy:

Mentality issues!

Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by mikejj(m): 10:38am On Sep 05, 2017
grin he will marry more wives in the next world shabi.no he no loose.akuya
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by ice25(f): 10:41am On Sep 05, 2017
Kennthimoh:
Kai this is sad yet so hilarious grin grin
Scammer
Your evil lives with you!
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Sleyanya1(m): 10:43am On Sep 05, 2017
Very Hilarious & Foolish way to die.

Common sense for tell you say the pain has become unbearable for you to cowardly disembark and live to see another day. grin
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by gentlegenius(m): 10:47am On Sep 05, 2017
Olalan:
Strange some people still practice such in this age.
More strange is the fact that this is happening in President Buhari's state.
Are you thinking what am thinking?
Illiteracy has enveloped the whole state.
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Dammytemmy(f): 10:50am On Sep 05, 2017
Traditions of d wretch ones.
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Dammytemmy(f): 10:50am On Sep 05, 2017
Traditions of d wretch ones.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by Dammytemmy(f): 10:51am On Sep 05, 2017
Traditions of d wretch ones.
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by gentlegenius(m): 10:51am On Sep 05, 2017
SaiNigeria:
Can you imagine..... did was Buhari also flogged before he married and defiled Aisha
Only the greatest of illiterates can practice this in this 21st century.
It seems illiteracy is a general ailment in Katsina state.
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by feyiad12(f): 10:51am On Sep 05, 2017
Saidu don charm the cane/whip before using it
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by ikemesit4477: 11:03am On Sep 05, 2017
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by bluecircle470: 11:06am On Sep 05, 2017
This is ojoro of the highest order. Why should saidu be arrested sheybi it is tradition ko. Shege to the mallams and Gambo d police. grin
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by eagleeye2: 11:16am On Sep 05, 2017
malware:

Do not speak on what you do not know......

Sharo is a part of Fulanis culture worldwide, not only in Nigeria.

But because of modern civilization, only core village fulanis observe it......

I believe your core tribesmen have a culture that they observe which you don't observe any longer
ehh.
Someone asked, was Ndimi flogged when he came to marry Zahra
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by petitejolie(f): 11:30am On Sep 05, 2017
he died for a good cause he died for love
Re: Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game by eodavids(m): 11:33am On Sep 05, 2017
WenysAD:

No, you already know that no matter the beauty of a Lady, a man should not die for her and vice versa.

This is one of the cultural practices that is obnoxious and run counter with our laws.

There is no basis for the contest, in as much as it endangers life, but they engaged in it any way. Now the father who allowed his son to venture in it is the complainant at the police.

Let's discourage such inhumane practices in our societies because we are now in twenty first century and we now value lives, unlike in the primitive days.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? / The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd / Pictures Of Lovely Geles You Wouldn't Mind Wearing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.