Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Why Biafra Is Good For Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Biafra Is Good For Us (411 Views)

Reasons Why BIAFRA Would Be Difficult (opinion) / OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. / Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Biafra Is Good For Us by bolethings: 8:13am On Sep 05, 2017
First let me state that I am a proud Nigerian and I am a Yoruba man. I would also appreciate if everyone would be objective and sincerely go through the message and not the messenger.

I have seen with amazement and totally disappointed at the resistance against the agitation for Biafra. For me it's is totally hard to understand why other parts of Nigeria feel Biafra shouldn't be. At first I'll blame some opportunistic elements (politicians) who when in office didn't canvass for restructuring but for selfish reasons are doing so today, same way I will blame President Buhari would couldn't build the best hospital in Africa but after leaving office will be the first to start complaining of dilapidated health system. Imagine my governor in Osun, whose daughter recently gave birth in America. Obviously, these politicians do not believe in this country at all. They want the best but they feel it's not necessary to build the best society here rather they keep deceiving us.

My view on Biafra is that, there is no reason forcing ourselves on each other, I believe our past and present leaders couldn't really achieve because we've allowed tribalism, religious and ethnic bigotry to destroy and shape our minds, while nationalism remains dead. A case of recent is the NNPC board appointments.

Nigeria's unity is very negotiable, yes. Biafra, Oduduwa, Arewa republics etc would make it easier to monitor our leaders. If anyone blames or tackles Buhari now, the northerners believe you are being unfair to him either because he's a Muslim or a northerner. If you critize Jonathan, you risk the wrath of South southerners. However, if we have different countries, it will be the Northerners who would either complain about their own leaders or support them and vice versa.

Another issue, I believe is that our leaders (politicians, religious, etc), are not intellectually sound. They do not seem to think or understand that there's no limit to human capacity for either good or bad and if we have different countries, there would be healthy competition. Our current system makes promoting religion and sentiments easy which has led to underdevelopment.

I also believe to achieve Biafra, IPOB should have a political party, ensure all politicians representing the South East especially at the national assembly are members of this party and the sole agenda is the Biafra agitation. As it is, I haven't seen any advantage to this contraption and the likes of President Buhari, Tinubu etc are all selfish and want to continue ruling us while their kids take over later. I am for freedom and all Nigerians should support this call.

(1) (Reply)

Top Public Officials Who Dared Their Presidents / Only Fools Would Not Worship Nnamdi Kanu - Ipob Boy. / Apc’s Endorsement Of El-rufai, A Toxic Waste – Senator Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.