Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,941 members, 7,838,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG (13705 Views)

Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) / 5 Apps All Students Must Have On There Phone / 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:31am On Sep 06, 2017
Nice development provided land and other agric inputs with adequate practical knowledge are provided
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by taurusmena1(m): 7:32am On Sep 06, 2017
Will the FG provide each student with LAND to farm considering the fact that Land is scarce and expensive? Also for students who are not natives of the state where their school is sited, what becomes of them?
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by IMASTEX: 7:34am On Sep 06, 2017
Good initiative
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by Greatidonis: 7:34am On Sep 06, 2017
After they get the farm fulani herds men will then move in abi
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 06, 2017
My friends in Umudike need to hear this.
Hahahah.
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by tuoyoojo(m): 7:40am On Sep 06, 2017
ok na
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by islandmoon: 7:43am On Sep 06, 2017
FG gradually stealing my ideas from social media, well, FG should acquire lands for allocating to the students , the universities should have farms, poultries , tractors etc. this will enhance on the job training.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by Gkemz: 7:45am On Sep 06, 2017
This Audu Ogbeh na big clown. Did you give them any land to start with. Jonsing grazing importer.
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 06, 2017
Mynd44:
How about those that want to be agriculture extension workers and agricultural engineers?

BS

Yes, I'm an Agricultural Engineer. Before leaving Nigeria, I ventured into farming. A big farm(poultry as well) but I did empldi some persons who take care of the farm and every other agricultural products.

I leave US for Nigeria every 3 months just to make sure everything is going well and I bet you, I'm making it big time
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by lastmessenger: 7:51am On Sep 06, 2017
Chascop:

Yes, I'm an Agricultural Engineer. Before leaving Nigeria, I ventured into farming. A big farm(poultry as well) but I did empldi some persons who take care of the farm and every other agricultural products.

I leave US for Nigeria every 3 months just to make sure everything is going well and I bet you, I'm making it big time
Kudos. I love what you are doing.
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by Mynd44: 7:52am On Sep 06, 2017
Chascop:

I totally understand you but agro-engineering is more like a support for farms than actual farming
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by abbeyty(m): 7:56am On Sep 06, 2017
Hope is not going to be farming with hoes and cutlass. Otherwise I will to stop handshake any agriculture student I come across
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 06, 2017
Mynd44:

I totally understand you but agro-engineering is more like a support for farms than actual farming

The question should be ; 'what is farming or farm?'

There's no way you study Agricultural engineering without having 80% knowledge on things pertaining farm and other farm related stuffs. I took advantage of what people don't know
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 06, 2017
lastmessenger:
Kudos. I love what you are doing.

thanks for the encouragement brother
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by bsideboii(m): 8:05am On Sep 06, 2017
First they should ensure competent lecturers are put UB there and not employed on a Tribal basis.(2) The population of lecturer to student is not proportional.This should be looked into. (3) The fact that you studied in a UA doesn't mean your course is directly linked to Agriculture. We have courses like B.Sc Physics, Chemistry,Elect. electrical eng. ,Civil Engr. etc. If this is enforced,I'm pretty sure students will begin to rent farms for assessment.
Lastly,the minister doesn't even know what is on ground to start with.Talk about putting a square peg in a round hole.
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by NwaliE01: 8:08am On Sep 06, 2017
Minister of Agriculture,
where is your personal farm to begin with?
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by KingMicky3286: 8:12am On Sep 06, 2017
Nonsense. What size of farmland, how will the students acquire the land. Any grant for it.?
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 06, 2017
undecided

I see a business here - farms for hire cool cool
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by scholes23(m): 8:23am On Sep 06, 2017
Zizaboni:
Chief Audu Ogbeh, Minister of Agriculture
 AGRICULTURE
CHIEF AUDU OGBEH
NUTRITION AND MEDICAL
STUDENTS UNIVERSITY
Gulder Ultimate Search winner, Hector Joberteh, shot dead in Lagos
Real reason my marriage with Ooni of Ife crashed —Olori Wuraola
My recent ailment, an act of God ―Buhari
How I will kill whoever tampers with my wife —Pastor Adeboye
Price review, our way of giving more Nigerians access to digital television —StarTimes
VIEW ALL HOME  AGRICULTURE  University of Agriculture students must have a farm before graduation —FG
University of Agriculture students must have a farm before graduation —FG
September 5, 2017
 Collins Nnabuife -Abuja
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development has declared that henceforth undergraduates of agric institutions must first among other things, show their farms before they are allowed to graduate.
The universities of agriculture were statutorily established for agricultural development, and were supposed to be under the direct supervision of the Ministry of Agriculture. However, due to policy sommersault, they were said to have wrongly migrated to the Ministry of Education before now.
The Minister, Chief Audu Ogbeh recently during a meeting with the representatives of the three institutions in Abuja, announced that having redirected the focus of the institutions to their original mandate, they shall be repositioned to train young generation of technologically-based farmers.
Ogbeh who said that the government may not cancel any of the non-agric subjects the universities are currently teaching, but assured that henceforth all students of the institutions must be ready to contribute to the economic recovery plan of the present administration through diversification into agriculture, and must develop and own a farm before graduation.
“Now all undergraduates of the institutions must have a farm to qualify them for graduation. We do not forbid the teaching of electives like some accounting, business administration and so on, but only as subsidiaries.
“The main courses must be agriculture, agronomy, botany, animal husbandry, forestry, fishery, plant entomology, breeding, cattle breed improvement, agric engineering, veterinary medicine,” he said.
He said that the government is now trying to use academics to solve the problem of food security and will do that through innovations that are expected to come from these institutions.
“There may be an immediate reaction to the innovations we are bringing to bear on your campuses. For example, you may experience a sharp drop in admission. We know many of our younger ones are not too keen on agriculture. It is not attractive enough, they claim. Do not worry about this, and other distractions.
“Attitudes will change because, undoubtedly, agriculture is a profitable business to those who choose the path of patience and endurance. They will come running once they see the prosperity and fulfillment in those who dare to try.
The minister also stressed the need for the three universities to commence new colleges, like nutrition and medical science to take care of the innovations that are expected in the sector.
“Now to one innovation which we consider most strategic. We are aware that some of you branched off into human medicine. This is one area we will fully endorse and support but with an important and strategic modification. The faculties will now be called Colleges of Nutrition and Medical Sciences.
“Nutrition is a new area currently attracting worldwide scientific attention. Ninety per cent of human disabilities are reportedly traceable to what we eat or fail to eat. As Hippocrates said as far back as 390BC, ‘let your food be your medicine and let your medicine be your food’,” he said.
“If we pay attention to this, we may not only be drastically reducing our national health bill, but also raising the bar of our currently low life expectancy average. What we grow- the soil, the use of macro and micronutrients; how we harvest, store process, package and cook our meals have all become something worthy of deep academic investigation. You, more than anyone else, must make it not only your business but also your encompassing passion” he noted.

.. http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/university-agriculture-students-must-farm-graduation-fg/

Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by wildchild02: 8:27am On Sep 06, 2017
#Gbam

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION (Sallah Promo is still on)
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by sosoliso123: 9:04am On Sep 06, 2017
[quote author=Mynd44 post=60177540]How about those that want to be agriculture extension workers and agricultural engineers?

B
don't you know that agricultural engineering and extension is the basis of agricultural production (farming)
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by sosoliso123: 9:05am On Sep 06, 2017
[/color][quote author=Mynd44 post=60177540]How about those that want to be agriculture extension workers and agricultural engineers?

B
don't you know that agricultural engineering and extension is the basis of agricultural production (farming)[color=#006600][quote author=Mynd44 post=60177540]How about those that want to be agriculture extension workers and agricultural engineers?

B
don't you know that agricultural engineering and extension is the basis of agricultural production (farming)
[quote author=Mynd44 post=60177540]How about those that want to be agriculture extension workers and agricultural engineers?

B
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by Abee79(m): 9:17am On Sep 06, 2017
ceeroh:
Who is Audu Ogbeh?? Here in Daura, we don't know him... grin

Policy somersault indeed! No be una somersault all the policies. Bunch of fools!

Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by DaInferno(m): 9:22am On Sep 06, 2017
We agree, we adore the idea as well. They should do well to Give us lands as well and 10million naira to setup something tangible and long lasting, am sure Mr whatever doesn't even have a farm to his name, #this is not a hate speech
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by win2kwire: 9:31am On Sep 06, 2017
benizu:
Talk is cheap..

Why cheap?
Nigeria has enough arable land for every citizen, most farms I saw in China are done manually without machinery or electricity or technology.
stupid Nigerians all want to congregate in Lagos and other big cities wearing suit and tie in 40 degrees heat just to prove they are educated and deserve more!

It is the mentality of Nigerians like you that is cheap!
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by Olulinks(m): 9:32am On Sep 06, 2017
Felixalex:
OP this ur post ehn, Na d whole website u copy? No editing, u just dump am for us like dat, nawa for u o
I still dey laff here sef.
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by stainless239(f): 9:34am On Sep 06, 2017
Mynd44:
How about those that want to be agriculture extension workers and agricultural engineers?

BS

then u must have tractor,bulldozer, caterpillar and rest of them

lol
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 06, 2017
proudly agriculturist
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 06, 2017
psychopunk:
mtchewwww I came here hoping to hear that agricultural lands would be given to agricultural graduates upon graduation. Some students don't even have money for final year project, you want them to establish farms. with which money Little or Nothing to encourage agric graduates, now they want to put a quota on graduation.... Absolute bullshit
don't worry... they we support us with fund if dy really want to execute this project. because we aren't working and they don't expect our parents to execute such project for us after seeing us through education.
Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by wasco8(m): 9:43am On Sep 06, 2017
They should as well say every Medical student must have a Clinic/hospital
Iranu!

Re: University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG by Felixalex(m): 9:45am On Sep 06, 2017
Olulinks:

I still dey laff here sef.

grin it's good to start a day with laughter.... It's something you get for free and the rich sometimes can't afford

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals / Kogi State University Pume Results 2011/2012 / How Much Is An Mba Prog At Unilag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.