Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures (29954 Views)

Nigerians Complain About Inability To Afford Chicken For Christmas / How To Make KFC Crispy Chicken For Your Enjoyment This Holiday (Photos, Video) / Kemi Olunloyo Blasts Mega Chicken Restaurant After They Refuted Claims She Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by babyfaceafrica: 10:04am On Sep 06, 2017
So what should we do?
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 06, 2017
you sef Bleep up, just buy something of 500 give them and you'll take as many pics as you want grin

1 Like

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by dyadeleye(m): 10:04am On Sep 06, 2017
ritababe:

lol, and if you come get beards you be boko haram grin

If you enter ikorodu with your own engine oil for generator and with your local grinding stone wey ur grandma send u, you be Badoo! grin
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 06, 2017
you were taking video of someones property. mind you, you didnt pay for it yet. u had no right to even video yourself talkless of their meal within there(na u dey dey pay rent there). sorry sha but next time ask for permission before you video any private property. lawyers in the house over to u

2 Likes

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 06, 2017
sammyotukoya:
One of Nigeria's top social media influencers, Unilag olodo was Harrassed by security members of the Mega chicken just because he was taking pictures of the food he was about to eat. In the Video he stated;

THE UNFAIR TREATMENT METED OUT ON CUSTOMERS BY MEGA CHICKEN. . So foodie like myself that's been starving all evening made a video of the food while deciding what to order at Mega Chicken Ikota and the security came asking me to delete it. . I found it very annoying and refused. Dude went to call MOPOL on top my matter and caused a scene, seizing, insisting I open, and almost breaking my phone. . I've basically spent too much money on these people and endured their useless services (especially lack of available delivery staff) over the years so this really pissed me off. . So my people, help me understand and make sense of what just happened o. .

Questions: 1. Is it an offence to take pictures now at fast foods? (Aren't fast foods public places?) .

2. Were the MOPOL right to check my phone (my private property) looking for picture I took? .

3. While making a LIVE VIDEO (which was posted anyway) the MOPOL grabbed my iPhone 7, almost broke it while wrestling it from me. Is this RIGHT? .

4. DOES MEGA CHICKEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO HARASS CUSTOMERS WHEN THEY NEVER PUT ANY NOTICE PROHIBITING USE OF MOBILE PHONES IN THEIR PREMISES? .

5. What will be done about the public humiliation I endured and the stress on my sister who has a headache right now as a result while people were gathered around as if I stole food? . Pretty much questions I need answers to because no theft was committed, no intellectual property abuse, no sign stating its “NO CAMERA” Policy. So I'll know if this is how we'll be doing o �

http://www.slimxclusive.com/2017/09/how-top-nigerian-influencer-was.html

Did u see any sign on brigades that states do not jump? Common sense,man ......you don't nerd to he told when to respect your self or people privacy ..what you did was wrong ,accept it

2 Likes

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by babyfaceafrica: 10:07am On Sep 06, 2017
playcharles:
Why record what you didn't pay for or own... they have right to their property... its more like walking to army barrack and taking pictures of it arsenals .... rubbish, you deserve more beaten
I agree
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 06, 2017
Nigerians are dumb
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by koolaid87: 10:11am On Sep 06, 2017
lordkush:
you didn't make sense

rubbish

chill first make the kush commot your eye and read his comment again..

Dude should have waited for his own paid meal, and do whatever it pleases him..

He got served wink

4 Likes

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 06, 2017
Nigerians and seeking attention, if you owned the company and a customer does the same thing you did, will you be happy? There are other eateries around Mega Chicken, plenty mama poot at Ikate down to Sangotedo, if you don't like their services, while not look for somewhere else?

1 Like

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by petishegzy(m): 10:20am On Sep 06, 2017
If u make a video of d food u paid for,no big deal in dat...But going there 2 make a video of d whole food is immaturity

Wat if after ur video,all their food disappeared grin
Atleast,u should av respect ursef n delete d video wen u see mopol

2 Likes

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by lonecatt(m): 10:28am On Sep 06, 2017
fuckerstard:
Animal in human skin, that's what some of us are in this kingdom
which kingdom? don't tell me you are referring to the animal kingdom

1 Like

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by cantok(m): 10:30am On Sep 06, 2017
Illiterate Mopo. I hope you got his number?
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by pocohantas(f): 10:31am On Sep 06, 2017
They didn't handle the matter properly...but that's the country we live in. Everything is done with force.

His actions were not right .
Sometimes it's advisable to back down without a fight.

Security man said 'delete it', just delete. We like to claim right on top everything. I won't like someone making a video of my food and services either. Sorry about his phone and sister.

2 Likes

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by cantok(m): 10:31am On Sep 06, 2017
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by symbianDON(m): 10:32am On Sep 06, 2017
crying foul where there's none....go to an ordinary buka, bring out your phone and begin taking pictures of the food and watch what will happen to you. if the dolt started taking random pictures of the food and security tried to stop him, why not simply respect their policies? for those screaming human rights upandan...please when you go overseas, walk into a restaurant and try taking random pictures of the food you haven't paid yet, you hear!!!

3 Likes

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by cantok(m): 10:32am On Sep 06, 2017
kaluxy007:
you sef Bleep up, just buy something of 500 give them and you'll take as many pics as you want grin
Abi...
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by SoftDealz: 10:36am On Sep 06, 2017
purityval:
Instead of filming the whole food varieties, you should've waited to be served then you get a table and film/video YOUR own paid meal.

In as much as you are trying to cry blue murder/the harassed, it was inappropriate for you to pull out your 'iphone7' and record/ film their varieties/services. C'mon bro, you ain't the only one buying.

BTW, if their services are poor, write the management. Image tarnishing because you weren't allowed to freely do as you wish is childish and uncalled for.

Shalom
IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS THAT THE INTERNET IS NOW TROLLED BY SECURITY OUTFIT. IT IS TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE THAT ASSAULT CAN BE COVERED UP OR DEFENDED IN ITS TOTALITY. I SPIT ON YOU. angry .
WHY WASNT HE ARRESTED AND CHARGED TO COURT?

WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE CHARGE IN COURT?

HOW CAN POLICE BRUTALITY BE SUMMARIZED IN YOUR NONSENSICAL WRITE-UP?

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SNAPPING HIS FOOD AND SNAPPING THE ENTIRE FOOD?

DOES THE FAST FOOD HAVE ANYTHING TO HIDE?

FINALLY, YOU EVEN MENTIONED IPHONE 7 AND SOME OTHER DETAILS, HOW COME YOU ARE SO ACQUIANTED WITH THE INCIDENT? ITS OBVIOUS YOU WERE AT THE SCENE. OGA POLICE TAKE AM EASY O

1 Like

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by tianshie(m): 10:37am On Sep 06, 2017
nurshah:

Did u see any sign on brigades that states do not jump? Common sense,man ......you don't nerd to he told when to respect your self or people privacy ..what you did was wrong ,accept it

Logical fallacy. Suicide is against the law, so jumping off a bridge is covered. The establishment may only claim harassment. Can they prove it in the court of law? They seemed to be the ones doing the harassment, including battery.
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by 3kay945(m): 10:39am On Sep 06, 2017
cooljude:
Maybe they felt you were trying to take pics of some of their customers/VIP, nobody wants to be a kidnap victim. The bus I was on broke down on third mainland bridge yesterday. within five minute I saw a guy walking on the bridge and when he came close to us he started making a call. Oboy d way I dey jump enter the next available hilux, I forget big boy abi forming.

Everyone is a suspect o, I no wan hear story. They treated you bad.

You made sense die. cool

1 Like

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 06, 2017
tianshie:

Logical fallacy. Suicide is against the law, so jumping off a bridge is covered. The establishment may only claim harassment. Can they prove it in the court of law? They seemed to be the ones doing the harassment, including battery.

You have a shallow way of reasoning,I need not bother to proceed.thank you but get off my mention

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by donqx: 10:51am On Sep 06, 2017
oh
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by dabraska: 10:54am On Sep 06, 2017
You do not need a 'no camera' policy to act with decorum in public places. Even in malls, you can't go around taking pictures of shops and their products except you are included in the picture.

There are many false image-slandering stories online with images just because a mopol somewhere allowed someone to take pictures like you did.

So, don't cry foul here. If you took a picture of yourself in the eatery, no one will bat an eye lid, but don't go about taking pictures when you are not a licensed journalist.

3 Likes

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by nokingasgod: 11:13am On Sep 06, 2017
SoftDealz:
IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS THAT THE INTERNET IS NOW TROLLED BY SECURITY OUTFIT. IT IS TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE THAT ASSAULT CAN BE COVERED UP OR DEFENDED IN ITS TOTALITY. I SPIT ON YOU. angry .
WHY WASNT HE ARRESTED AND CHARGED TO COURT?

WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE CHARGE IN COURT?

HOW CAN POLICE BRUTALITY BE SUMMARIZED IN YOUR NONSENSICAL WRITE-UP?

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SNAPPING HIS FOOD AND SNAPPING THE ENTIRE FOOD?

DOES THE FAST FOOD HAVE ANYTHING TO HIDE?

FINALLY, YOU EVEN MENTIONED IPHONE 7 AND SOME OTHER DETAILS, HOW COME YOU ARE SO ACQUIANTED WITH THE INCIDENT? ITS OBVIOUS YOU WERE AT THE SCENE. OGA POLICE TAKE AM EASY O

Another ''Olodo'' on the loose. Instead of you to take your time to consider and accept superior argument which will make you an informed citizen, you rushed to display an unpardonable pukish ignorance, hmnnnn.

4 Likes

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Emescot(m): 11:21am On Sep 06, 2017
I would have said u are very stubborn and stupid human, u dont have right there let me tell u, its easy, they dont allow u take photos of their food, u should have apologised and deleted the image, but cos u needed to claim right and itk u refused. Is it everything u must snap?
When u are in Rome behave like a roman and pls respect the roman LAWS. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 06, 2017
You too,stop fast fast food.na by force to eat fast,start eating at slow food.
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by CDCEO001: 11:37am On Sep 06, 2017
Sue their ass! They have no right to treat you like that.
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by maballack(m): 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2017
Now do you all know that people respect their privacy, not this recent craze of people snapchating and snapping another person with out their approval and posting online, someone obviously felt in your charade he was captured , (probably was out with a side chick) and as such wanted to limit his exposure,

not everyone likes pictures when you take pictures take just about yourself why raise the cam to take the surrounding environment
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by comos: 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2017
If as an employer owing your employee several months of salary and don't know how to sack him,

JUST CALL MOPOL
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by MEILYN(m): 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2017
GODAKPAN:
you were taking video of someones property. mind you, you didnt pay for it yet. u had no right to even video yourself talkless of their meal within there(na u dey dey pay rent there). sorry sha but next time ask for permission before you video any private property. lawyers in the house over to u
You have no idea what the word "right" means. And you have no clue what the law says..

1 Like

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Eeroh95(m): 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2017
lordkush:
you didn't make sense

rubbish
he should have filmed only his food when served... Not to film the whole mega chicken just because he wants to buy a bit of it..

I bet he wouldn't film (mama bisi)

He was only showing off his new iPhone.. Myopic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See How I Prepared A 45 Minutes Spaghetti Recipe ( Pictures & Video) / Worst Food You Have Ever Eaten? / DANMODI RICE Mill In Jigawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.