Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:30 PM

Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures (30140 Views)

Nigerians Complain About Inability To Afford Chicken For Christmas / How To Make KFC Crispy Chicken For Your Enjoyment This Holiday (Photos, Video) / Kemi Olunloyo Blasts Mega Chicken Restaurant After They Refuted Claims She Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by iukpe: 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2017
There must be a problem with their food then, A restaurant is supposed to be proud of their display with no reason to harass customers.
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Femistico(m): 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
If una go shoprite, una go snap and video
Go chicken rep, una go snap...now mega chicken again.. Why will you video food varieties another customer will still buy, u should ave wait for your order and nobody will harass u by then if u decide to video ur own food
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
All these overated illiterate celebrities, why take fotos of food at counter? Respect The safety policies of the eatery.

2 Likes

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2017
1) A business is not a public place. It's private. Ojota motor park is public.

2) Don't make it a habit to drag with MoPol. One day your cup will run full.

3) Your sister is culpable for her headache. She needs to stop hanging out with you before you get her killed.

4) Next time only snap picture of your plate at your table.

4 Likes

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by laudate: 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2017
sammyotukoya:
One of Nigeria's top social media influencers, Unilag olodo was Harrassed by security members of the Mega chicken just because he was taking pictures of the food he was about to eat. In the Video he stated;

THE UNFAIR TREATMENT METED OUT ON CUSTOMERS BY MEGA CHICKEN. . So foodie like myself that's been starving all evening made a video of the food while deciding what to order at Mega Chicken Ikota and the security came asking me to delete it. . I found it very annoying and refused. Dude went to call MOPOL on top my matter and caused a scene, seizing, insisting I open, and almost breaking my phone. . I've basically spent too much money on these people and endured their useless services (especially lack of available delivery staff) over the years so this really pissed me off. . So my people, help me understand and make sense of what just happened o. .

Questions: 1. Is it an offence to take pictures now at fast foods? (Aren't fast foods public places?) .

2. Were the MOPOL right to check my phone (my private property) looking for picture I took? .

3. While making a LIVE VIDEO (which was posted anyway) the MOPOL grabbed my iPhone 7, almost broke it while wrestling it from me. Is this RIGHT? .

4. DOES MEGA CHICKEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO HARASS CUSTOMERS WHEN THEY NEVER PUT ANY NOTICE PROHIBITING USE OF MOBILE PHONES IN THEIR PREMISES? .

5. What will be done about the public humiliation I endured and the stress on my sister who has a headache right now as a result while people were gathered around as if I stole food? . Pretty much questions I need answers to because no theft was committed, no intellectual property abuse, no sign stating its “NO CAMERA” Policy. So I'll know if this is how we'll be doing o �

http://www.slimxclusive.com/2017/09/how-top-nigerian-influencer-was.html

ivolt:
Businesses Reserves the right to their properties and its premises.
It would be a different case if you were filming the food you ordered
instead of filming an unauthorised documentary.

If you felt harassed, sue the company online campaign is not enough,
if you don't sue, you are part of the problem.

If I was the owner of that restaurant, I would just have asked the police to quietly whisk him away without causing a scene. sad There were other people dining in that restaurant. undecided What if one of them had been captured in his recording? Wouldn't that have been an invasion of their privacy? What about the security implications? shocked What if he was carrying out the recording for nefarious purposes? How would anyone be able to tell?

So what if fast food restaurants are public places? Isn't there any guideline or code, regulating the use of public spaces? Did he take permission from the management, before he started his video recording? sad The polite thing would have been to ask for permission, or to check if such acts were prohibited, before he whipped out his phone and started recording everything. I don't know why people just lack basic good manners! sad And he even has the guts to label himself as an 'influencer.' What was he influencing with his bad behaviour? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by laudate: 2:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
nurshah:
Probably management handled it harshly however WHAT THE MAN DID WAS 100% WRONG..I PERSONALLY WOULD HAVE SENT SECURITY ALSO TO STOP HIM IF IT WAS MY EATERY....MANY ROBBERIES/_KIDNAPS ARE HAPPENING WHAT HE DID WAS A SECURITY BREACH . HE HAD NO RIGHT TO VIDEO ANYTHING OTHER THAN HIS HUMBLE SELF AND FOOD.
OF WHAT BENEFIT WAS THE VIDEO TO HIM AND IF TRULLY THEIR SERVICES AND FOOD ARENT GOOD THEN Y DO U KEEP GOING TO THE EXTENT OF VIDEOING ?
Exactly!! shocked You hit the nail right on the head. Thanks, bro.' cheesy
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by laudate: 2:31pm On Sep 06, 2017
EgunMogaji:
1) A business is not a public place. It's private. Ojota motor park is public.

2) Don't make it a habit that drag with MoPol. One day your cup will run full.

3) Your sister is culpable for her headache. She needs to stop hanging out with you before you get her killed.

4) Next time only snap picture of your plate at your table.

Hehehe...... wink

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by laudate: 2:40pm On Sep 06, 2017
SoftDealz:
IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS THAT THE INTERNET IS NOW TROLLED BY SECURITY OUTFIT. IT IS TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE THAT ASSAULT CAN BE COVERED UP OR DEFENDED IN ITS TOTALITY. I SPIT ON YOU. angry .
WHY WASNT HE ARRESTED AND CHARGED TO COURT?

WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE CHARGE IN COURT?

HOW CAN POLICE BRUTALITY BE SUMMARIZED IN YOUR NONSENSICAL WRITE-UP?

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SNAPPING HIS FOOD AND SNAPPING THE ENTIRE FOOD?

DOES THE FAST FOOD HAVE ANYTHING TO HIDE?

FINALLY, YOU EVEN MENTIONED IPHONE 7 AND SOME OTHER DETAILS, HOW COME YOU ARE SO ACQUIANTED WITH THE INCIDENT? ITS OBVIOUS YOU WERE AT THE SCENE. OGA POLICE TAKE AM EASY O
Bia, where did you keep your common sense? I blame the person who dashed that guy a smartphone, with a camera. undecided Did he bother to ask if it was appropriate or permissible, to take pictures of food varieties that did not belong to him, in a place that was not his own personal space? shocked Why are people so lacking in basic good manners, for goodness sake? The OP had already included the description of the phone, in his initial post. Go back & read it again.

As for police brutality, nobody is condoning it here. sad But he should have deleted the video immediately, when asked to do so, instead of trying to justify his actions, and arguing with the police officer. I guess he must have gotten insolent, too - who knows? Maybe that was why the officer got pissed. Nigerian police are not known for their tact.

This was the same way some strange clowns came to my residential street with cameras, claiming they were shooting a home video. undecided Who gave them permission? Nobody. Meanwhile, cars had been vandalised on that same road, two weeks prior to that event. Do you think we allowed them to record their video? We chased them out of the place. Who wants to put his own area or homefront, at risk? Meanwhile, that was a public road, o! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by alezzy13: 2:52pm On Sep 06, 2017
lordkush:
you didn't make sense

rubbish

Dont worry next time I'll being my camera to your house and start filming.

nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by vinlinks: 2:53pm On Sep 06, 2017
sammyotukoya:
One of Nigeria's top social media influencers, Unilag olodo was Harrassed by security members of the Mega chicken just because he was taking pictures of the food he was about to eat. In the Video he stated;

THE UNFAIR TREATMENT METED OUT ON CUSTOMERS BY MEGA CHICKEN. . So foodie like myself that's been starving all evening made a video of the food while deciding what to order at Mega Chicken Ikota and the security came asking me to delete it. . I found it very annoying and refused. Dude went to call MOPOL on top my matter and caused a scene, seizing, insisting I open, and almost breaking my phone. . I've basically spent too much money on these people and endured their useless services (especially lack of available delivery staff) over the years so this really pissed me off. . So my people, help me understand and make sense of what just happened o. .

Questions: 1. Is it an offence to take pictures now at fast foods? (Aren't fast foods public places?) .

2. Were the MOPOL right to check my phone (my private property) looking for picture I took? .

3. While making a LIVE VIDEO (which was posted anyway) the MOPOL grabbed my iPhone 7, almost broke it while wrestling it from me. Is this RIGHT? .

4. DOES MEGA CHICKEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO HARASS CUSTOMERS WHEN THEY NEVER PUT ANY NOTICE PROHIBITING USE OF MOBILE PHONES IN THEIR PREMISES? .

5. What will be done about the public humiliation I endured and the stress on my sister who has a headache right now as a result while people were gathered around as if I stole food? . Pretty much questions I need answers to because no theft was committed, no intellectual property abuse, no sign stating its “NO CAMERA” Policy. So I'll know if this is how we'll be doing o �

http://www.slimxclusive.com/2017/09/how-top-nigerian-influencer-was.html

I have only one answer for you and that answer is a question.

Where you an Igbo ? Because they hate Igbos.
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by alezzy13: 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2017
SoftDealz:
IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS THAT THE INTERNET IS NOW TROLLED BY SECURITY OUTFIT. IT IS TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE THAT ASSAULT CAN BE COVERED UP OR DEFENDED IN ITS TOTALITY. I SPIT ON YOU. angry .
WHY WASNT HE ARRESTED AND CHARGED TO COURT?

WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE CHARGE IN COURT?

HOW CAN POLICE BRUTALITY BE SUMMARIZED IN YOUR NONSENSICAL WRITE-UP?

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SNAPPING HIS FOOD AND SNAPPING THE ENTIRE FOOD?

DOES THE FAST FOOD HAVE ANYTHING TO HIDE?

FINALLY, YOU EVEN MENTIONED IPHONE 7 AND SOME OTHER DETAILS, HOW COME YOU ARE SO ACQUIANTED WITH THE INCIDENT? ITS OBVIOUS YOU WERE AT THE SCENE. OGA POLICE TAKE AM EASY O

Stop pouring saliva all over the place. Simple rule was to take permission from the owner first before snapping.
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2017
purityval:
Instead of filming the whole food varieties, you should've waited to be served then you get a table and film/video YOUR own paid meal.

In as much as you are trying to cry blue murder/the harassed, it was inappropriate for you to pull out your 'iphone7' and record/ film their varieties/services. C'mon bro, you ain't the only one buying.

BTW, if their services are poor, write the management. Image tarnishing because you weren't allowed to freely do as you wish is childish and uncalled for.

Shalom
yes and being harassed by Mobile Police is the proper way to stop a citizen from filming in a public place....your African logic baffles me. cool

1 Like

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by laudate: 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
yes and being harassed by Mobile Police is the proper way to stop a citizen from filming in a public place....your African logic baffles me. cool
What led to the harassment? Please go back & read the OP's post properly. He was asked to delete the video. He refused. Who knows if he exchanged words with the police officer? Nigerian MoPol are not known for their calmness. Only a foolhardy man argues with someone holding a gun. undecided
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2017
laudate:

What led to the harassment? Please go back & read the OP's post properly. He was asked to delete the video. He refused. Who knows if he exchanged words with the police officer? Nigerian MoPol are not known for their calmness. Only a foolhardy man argues with someone holding a gun. undecided
yep and only a foolhardy nation allows these sorts of vagrancy go unpunished...there's no excuse for mistreating a bona fide citizen of a 'civilized' Country this way....he had no warrant to search his phone...there's no shop keepers privilege here, there's no prior warning not to take pics and even if there was....no crime has been committed the recourse should have been to civil litigation....but I'm sure you already know all these right?

1 Like

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by laudate: 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
WORDSENSEI:
Thank you very much. Don't mind the idiot.
He was recording for the Snap and got SLAPPED.
I had so many rats to school on Instablog yesterday! Sickening how people supported this guy...
You don't take pictures of what you haven't paid for!
Even if there was no notice there, you were approached to delete, COMPLY.
He was susceptible to anything the moment he made the recording. He could have been accused of being a spy for competitors.
Gimme one hi-five for there, jare. cool May God continue to increase the wisdom He has deposited in your life!!

1 Like

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Lovintus2(m): 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
Okay

In other news: Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for my comedy skits. #Lovintus Entertainment
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by laudate: 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
yep and only a foolhardy nation allows these sorts of vagrancy go unpunished...there's no excuse for mistreating a bona fide citizen of a 'civilized' Country this way....he had no warrant to search his phone...there's no shop keepers privilege here, there's no prior warning not to take pics and even if there was....no crime has been committed the recourse should have been to civil litigation....but I'm sure you already know all these right?
Yes, there was no warrant to search his phone, but then he had no permit to carry out an unauthorised recording either. undecided If the shopkeeper had accused him of being a spy for a competitor, or called for his arrest because he acted in a manner as to constitute a security risk, that shopkeeper would have been absolutely within his rights, to do so. sad You have never spent the night in a police cell before in Nigeria, that is why you are making this noise. My neighbour is a lawyer, and I have had cause to drop him off at police stations before, in order for him to bail out clients. Half of the time, such clients are the architect of their own problems or misfortunes. Even abroad, you still need to ask for permission in certain places, before you can take a picture of their products.

There was no warning not to take pictures, but when he was asked to delete such pictures, why didn't he do so?
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
laudate:

Yes, there was no warrant to search his phone, but then he had no permit to carry out an unauthorised recording either. undecided If the shopkeeper had accused him of being a spy for a competitor, or called for his arrest because he acted in a manner as to constitute a security risk, that shopkeeper would have been absolutely within his rights, to do so. sad You have never spent the night in a police cell before in Nigeria, that is why you are making this noise. My neighbour is a lawyer, and I have had cause to drop him off at police stations before, in order for him to bail out clients. Half of the time, such clients are the architect of their own problems or misfortunes. Even abroad, you still need to ask for permission in certain places, before you can take a picture of their products.

There was no warning not to take pictures, but when he was asked to delete such pictures, why didn't he do so?
you don't need permission to take pictures in a restaurant lol this is just unbelievable...shopkeepers privilege only applies when there's concrete evidence of theft...if the shopkeeper wishes to protect intellectual property he shouldn't have displayed it publicly besides aren't there trademark and copyright laws in Nigeria? Yes a guy like you sounds very scared of prison cells, I was a lawyer in Nigeria for a number of years and had reason to visit the police stations several times, a good lawyer can help protect rights guaranteed by the Constitution.....you have no clue what the law says or how it is enforced hence MOPOL can treat someone like this and you think it's right...but you are not alone most Nigerians are in your shoes.

1 Like

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by iukpe: 4:05pm On Sep 06, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
you don't need permission to take pictures in a restaurant lol this is just unbelievable...shopkeepers privilege only applies when there's concrete evidence of theft...if the shopkeeper wishes to protect intellectual property he shouldn't have displayed it publicly besides aren't there trademark and copyright laws in Nigeria? Yes a guy like you sounds very scared of prison cells, I was a lawyer in Nigeria for a number of years and had reason to visit the police stations several times, a good lawyer can help protect rights guaranteed by the Constitution.....you have no clue what the law says or how it is enforced hence MOPOL can treat someone like this and you think it's right...but you are not alone most Nigerians are in your shoes.

Please say this again to most of the ears here. I am a hospitality business operator and would bother less at the man's action if I am confident all is well on my part.

1 Like

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by laudate: 4:05pm On Sep 06, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
Really? You don't need permission to take pictures in a Nigerian restaurant? shocked Where did you get that piece of fairytale from? Yes, I do not like prison cells or police cells. Is there anything good to like in police cells? Tell us, o!
A good lawyer can protect....what? From who? The Nigerian Police? Oga, wake up from your slumber. By the time the lawyer gets to the police station, most of the time the suspect or accused is already behind bars. And those rights have been infringed, trampled upon, or even taken away. The lawyer merely tries to rectify a situation, already gone bad. Where do you think the word 'bail' came from? It is obvious you are just a kid....
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by laudate: 4:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
iukpe:
Please say this again to most of the ears here. I am a hospitality business operator and would bother less at the man's action if I am confident all is well on my part.
If I came to your restaurant and someone was doing a random video recording, and I felt my privacy was being intruded upon, you would be amazed at what lengths I would go to, to kick up a fuss and make sure your restaurant was held culpable for such an act. undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by iukpe: 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
Chiai! these comments shows how depressed our thinking has become over human and public rights in this country. I tell my hotel staff to keep everything in top shape because we are not in control of customers who would wish to take pictures while in the hotel.
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by iukpe: 4:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
laudate:

If I came to your restaurant and someone was doing a random video recording, and I felt my privacy was being intruded upon, you would be amazed at what lengths I would go to, to kick up a fuss and make sure your restaurant was held culpable for such an act. undecided
Until then I would hear what your claims would be especially when the camera was not focused on you. If someone comes to your seat and begins to make a video of your privacy that's a different case but if the person is in the environment and is making a video of himself and friends and you're in the background then you cannot prevent them from doing that especially when there are no signs of prohibition. we do have signs prohibiting video recording in the dancing bar anyway. And we just advice customers to adhere to it, I personally walk up to a few youngsters from time to time and halt them from the act when business is on.
What is the difference between, a restaurant, supermarket/ mall, airport or pool side? You just relocate if you think you are in lens view.
What level of privacy do you expect to get in a restaurant?

1 Like

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by WORDSENSEI: 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
laudate:
Gimme one hi-five for there, jare. cool May God continue to increase the wisdom He has deposited in your life!!

Amen! cheesy
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by alaskido(m): 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
The have a police public complaints and phone numbers you could call. You should have taken his number and report him straight away. On the other hand if you want to deal with him immediately just call your soldier freind or brother who is from the rank of a Major to come to your aid. He will send some soldiers to beat the mopol blue and black.
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by laudate: 4:43pm On Sep 06, 2017
iukpe:
Until then I would hear what your claims would be especially when the camera was not focused on you. If someone comes to your seat and begins to make a video of your privacy that's a different case but if the person is in the environment and is making a video of himself and friends and you're in the background then you cannot prevent them from doing that especially when there are no signs of prohibition. we do have signs prohibiting video recording in the dancing bar anyway. And we just advice customers to adhere to it, I personally walk up to a few youngsters from time to time and halt them from the act when business is on.
What is the difference between, a restaurant, supermarket/ mall, airport or pool side? You just relocate if you think you are in lens view.
What level of privacy do you expect to get in a restaurant?
Oga, stop being politically correct. My mission in a restaurant is to wine and dine in peace, and not to have my image captured or splattered in an unknown medium, without my knowledge or permission. undecided Even if the video was not trained on me, it could still have captured my features especially if the person doing the recording was taking a wide-angle shot. I do not want to get technical about how camera angles, long shots and recording techniques can be deployed, to actually record objects or people, without the subject being aware that such a thing was going on. And the reason most people object, is that you can never tell where such a recording would end up, or what it could be used for, eventually. sad

A colleague of mine had this unfortunate experience two years ago, as he was captured in a video recording without his knowledge, and that recording was eventually shown on a TV programme. He almost lost his job as a result, when his bosses watched the show on TV. But that is a story for another day. undecided
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Jung(m): 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2017
6packdude:

Packs.... 6

Sense...... Under 0.5

1 Like

Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by emmyN(m): 5:31pm On Sep 06, 2017
In foreign nations, people do live off litigation. If you strongly feel you were wronged, then sue the restaurant
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 06, 2017
MEILYN:
You have no idea what the word "right" means. And you have no clue what the law says..

PLEASE ELUCIDATE ON RIGHT AS YOU UNDERSTAND. THANKS MR BARRISTER
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by iukpe: 6:36pm On Sep 06, 2017
laudate:

Oga, stop being politically correct. My mission in a restaurant is to wine and dine in peace, and not to have my image captured or splattered in an unknown medium, without my knowledge or permission. undecided Even if the video was not trained on me, it could still have captured my features especially if the person doing the recording was taking a wide-angle shot. I do not want to get technical about how camera angles, long shots and recording techniques can be deployed, to actually record objects or people, without the subject being aware that such a thing was going on. And the reason most people object, is that you can never tell where such a recording would end up, or what it could be used for, eventually. sad

A colleague of mine had this unfortunate experience two years ago, as he was captured in a video recording without his knowledge, and that recording was eventually shown on a TV programme. He almost lost his job as a result, when his bosses watched the show on TV. But that is a story for another day. undecided

I agree with you that people will feel different about this kind of issue, but what we are talking about here I think is the action of the policeman against the customer, if it was in line with management policy or not. And I think its about a customer who was taking shots or video of the food on display, certainly someone would ask why? and if the customer simply said he likes the presentation, I would let it pass from my own judgement.
Well, if someone is making a video for his music, documentary, etc maybe he should choose the environment and ask for permission. What of a news coverage at an event? some people would mind and others may not. But it doesn't change the fact that there is some level of liberty for persons who want to take pictures to do so.
I had a bad experience my self several years back, when I visited a slaughter market and was amazed to see how the cows were slaughtered. Then there were no phone cameras but I had my digital camera and I was taking a few pictures when some men came to me and asked why I was taking pictures, they said I wanted to kidnap someone. They made all kinds of allegations and eventually paraded me before their chairman. Though with the presence of a few learned sellers and buyers, they resolved I delete the images which I did and left the market embarrassed and in dismay.
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by nikz(f): 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2017
If you ask me na who I go ask?
Re: Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures by laudate: 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2017
iukpe:
I agree with you that people will feel different about this kind of issue, but what we are talking about here I think is the action of the policeman against the customer, if it was in line with management policy or not. And I think its about a customer who was taking shots or video of the food on display, certainly someone would ask why? and if the customer simply said he likes the presentation, I would let it pass from my own judgement.
Well, if someone is making a video for his music, documentary, etc maybe he should choose the environment and ask for permission. What of a news coverage at an event? some people would mind and others may not. But it doesn't change the fact that there is some level of liberty for persons who want to take pictures to do so.
I had a bad experience my self several years back, when I visited a slaughter market and was amazed to see how the cows were slaughtered. Then there were no phone cameras but I had my digital camera and I was taking a few pictures when some men came to me and asked why I was taking pictures, they said I wanted to kidnap someone. They made all kinds of allegations and eventually paraded me before their chairman. Though with the presence of a few learned sellers and buyers, they resolved I delete the images which I did and left the market embarrassed and in dismay.

I am sorry you had such a bad experience at the slaughter market. undecided But it is in order to avoid such things, that I always advocate that people should ask for permission before taking any shots or making a recording, at any public place.

Nobody is condoning what the policeman did. sad But the chap making the recording at Mega Chicken had been asked to delete the images, which he refused to do. And by his own admission, he protested or argued with the policeman. Now, we all know that Nigerian policemen especially MoPol ones, are not always reasonable people. So why argue with a man who was probably armed? shocked This was what probably caused the situation to escalate, and he was manhandled. If he had deleted the photos promptly like he was asked to, then maybe things would most likely not have gotten out of control. undecided Just saying.

A news coverage at an event is totally different. undecided Most people attending such an event, are usually aware that the organisers would have arranged for journalists, to cover the event. The cameras, microphones and even vehicles of the media station, usually carry their logo or insignia, which are very visible at such events. So those in the venue know beforehand, that there is a news station on the premises. And if a journalist is carrying out a recording in your vicinity, and you object, they usually leave or ask you politely, if you could kindly relocate from that section to somewhere else. I have actually asked a journalist before very nicely, to stop recording in an area where I stood, and the gentleman obliged. He took the guest somewhere else and conducted his interview in peace. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods / Would You Have This For Lunch? / Man Finds Lizard In Ice Block He Bought (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.