Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival (23271 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by okekekelechib(m): 9:52pm On Sep 06, 2017
Chanchit:

Didirin.

U are a watery pap with no base.. Afonja on d loose..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by talk2emma: 9:54pm On Sep 06, 2017
maskid:

Not impacting the youths of ur country and she is soaring higher like an eagle in the sky. You that have been impacting the yoots of the world what have you achieved in life? I mean besides using a pseudo-name on forum, and having a few mb to use. Anu mpam

You have finish him

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by okekekelechib(m): 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
olatunjin:
I just don't know what is your gain in promoting tribalism on this forum all the time. Please promote peace and peace will follow you bro, we are all one.

E pain u well well ooooo.
Chain! If na one ewedu eating afonja now, u go jump fence d claim d person. Na our own. Ntooorrrr
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Tedassie(m): 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
Ishilove:

19+20

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Ishilove: 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2017
Tedassie:

cheesy
30-9 grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by hatedisplace: 10:08pm On Sep 06, 2017
Benjaminfranklyn:
This is the kind of lady I am looking for...if only half of the ladies in Nigeria will slay like this lady.
If only gals in Nigeria will stop looking at what a guy drives rather what drives a guy, this world will be a better place..

Thumbs up sister keep doing what you know how to do best
Are the men in Nigeria better? That a man has balls don't make him smart.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by hatedisplace: 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2017
Shortyy:

Which bleaching cream company? Boy GTFOH silly human. Any light skin chic is bleaching to you mofos.
Anyways that's BTW, she doesn't know me, but I strife to be successful like her. But you on the other hand is here with your 10mb data posting trash about a woman who can get your out of your misery!
You'll eventually die of hate, and chimanda won't even know that a certain dumb carzola from nairaland died because of his hate for her.
Keep hating!.
Anu ofia. nkapi
I beg small small course am. May be he smoke bomb.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Chanchit: 10:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
okekekelechib:

Sha believe me when I say you are a first class didinrin. #AbaGoat.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by samsam4real: 10:22pm On Sep 06, 2017
Great woman...forever blessed
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Ishilove: 10:24pm On Sep 06, 2017
Nukualofa:
Growing up when you are 32 now. Which kind Fela Palaver be this kwanu
I'm 19. I will be 20 next month
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Tedassie(m): 10:25pm On Sep 06, 2017
Ishilove:
30-(-9) grin

tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Icon79(m): 10:29pm On Sep 06, 2017
I have read all her books, she's an average author. She's daughter of illuminati, that's why she's getting all these accolades and promotions.
There are hundreds of better authors out there!

O pari

VickyRotex:
cool cool cool
She's doing great internationally! Just last week at the metro, I saw a French lady reading her book "Americanah". We got talking and she told me how she's read all her books and how she's a big fan.

In my mind, I was like, "In this part of the world, we hardly celebrate our own"
Watch people come here and say all sort of things. angry angry
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by braine(m): 10:33pm On Sep 06, 2017
okekekelechib:
That's our IGBO Sister... Afonjas keep off.. We are d best.. Igbo kwenu.

Mimi.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by adexway(m): 10:51pm On Sep 06, 2017
carzola:
Washed up FEMINIST....

can never be and will never
be a fan..

what impact has she had to the youths of Nigeria??

My thoughts exactly. A great writer no doubt but she needs to rethink all these feminism nonsense
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by 701ecilana: 10:51pm On Sep 06, 2017
Ishilove:

Abi na grin
Yes.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by musicwriter(m): 10:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
“When we see a Black man who is constantly being praised by the Americans, begin to suspect him. When we see a Black man get honors and all sorts of decorations and the United States flatters him with fine words and phrases, immediately suspect that person. Because our experience has taught us that the Americans do not exalt to any Black man that is really working for the benefit of the Black man.”.......... Malcolm X

"I've never seen a sincere white man, not when it comes to helping black people. Usually things like this are done by white people to benefit themselves. The white man's primary interest is not to elevate the thinking of black people, or to waken black people, or white people either. The white man is interested in the black man only to the extent that the black man is of use to him"...........Malcolm X

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Sopigtit: 11:08pm On Sep 06, 2017
okekekelechib:

E pain u well well ooooo.
Chain! If na one ewedu eating afonja now, u go jump fence d claim d person. Na our own. Ntooorrrr

A Pig and Idiot spotted

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Sopigtit: 11:11pm On Sep 06, 2017
okekekelechib:

A Pig and Idiot spotted.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Sopigtit: 11:14pm On Sep 06, 2017
okekekelechib:

Afonja spotted ... grin grin grin grin
Another Pig and Idiot spotted

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by MightyFortress: 11:19pm On Sep 06, 2017
carzola:
Washed up FEMINIST....

can never be and will never
be a fan..

what impact has she had to the youths of Nigeria??

Why are You sooooooo foolish!!?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by jy2kbeyond(m): 12:05am On Sep 07, 2017
Shortyy:
My mentor kiss

Hmmmm. Choose well o undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Shalomdee(f): 12:07am On Sep 07, 2017
By my pen, I'm gonna be like this woman. She has been my role model since I read her Purple Hibiscus. No writer makes me feel good the way Chimamanda does, I am so gonna be like her.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by okwyee(m): 12:10am On Sep 07, 2017
Ishilove:
you mean like 91÷3?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Odianose13(m): 12:21am On Sep 07, 2017
Ishilove:
I want to be like this woman when I grow up cry

Are you from Edo State or schooled there?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Lovintus2(m): 12:25am On Sep 07, 2017
Beauty and brain

In other news: Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for my comedy skits. #Lovintus Entertainment
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Deflorence(f): 12:36am On Sep 07, 2017
VickyRotex:
cool cool cool
She's doing great internationally! Just last week at the metro, I saw a French lady reading her book "Americanah". We got talking and she told me how she's read all her books and how she's a big fan.

In my mind, I was like, "In this part of the world, we hardly celebrate our own"
Watch people come here and say all sort of things. angry angry
God bless you for this.

Datribune, this is for you.
Another WOMAN OF SUBSTANCE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by chillgist(m): 1:37am On Sep 07, 2017
kiss
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by VickyRotex(f): 2:06am On Sep 07, 2017
Icon79:
I have read all her books, she's an average author. She's daughter of illuminati, that's why she's getting all these accolades and promotions.

O pari

Thank you! That's your opinion, please respect mine!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Icon79(m): 2:35am On Sep 07, 2017
You gotta have an opinion first before you start fighting over respect.

#Dumb&Dumber

O pari

VickyRotex:

Thank you! That's your opinion, please respect mine!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by WarriDemon890(m): 2:46am On Sep 07, 2017
MILF grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Xsem(m): 5:11am On Sep 07, 2017
Icon79:

O pari

Examples of the better authors?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

English Speaking Versus Writing, Which Is More Difficult? / What Was The Last Book You Read? / 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.