Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival (23267 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Yonce(f): 6:17am On Sep 07, 2017
carzola:
Washed up FEMINIST....

can never be and will never
be a fan..

what impact has she had to the youths of Nigeria??

She has taught me that's its okay to be smart and ambitious as a lady, that I don't need to dumb myself down so men won't feel too intimidated by me.

Only those who have an open mind will be impacted.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 07, 2017
Youngadvocate:
Nigerian renowned Novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was a celebrity guest at the Edinburgh International Film Festival where she opened up on her sensational new book, “Dear Ijeawele,” her feminism campaign and more.

A Scottish Newspaper, scotsman.com reported that she was honoured with a standing ovation when the Audience set their eyes on her.

The Newspaper wrote: "Edinburgh being the city it is, standing ovations are rare even at its Book Festival, and handed out as sparingly as its university doles out honorary degrees. So when, at 10:45pm on Saturday night, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s audience stood to applaud her, at the end of a day on which she’d been made an honorary DLitt, it was a rare double indeed."

The current First Minister of Scotland and leader of the Scottish National Party, Nicola Ferguson Sturgeon who has been in office since November 2014, a faithful fan of Chimamanda had session of interaction with the Iconic writer.

According to scotsman.com, the conversation was warm as it "flowed effortlessly from American racism (“I wasn’t black until I went to the US”) to – naturally – Donald Trump, then historical fiction, the importance of reading, and of ending the stigma of mental illness (Adichie suffers from depression), not least in Nigeria. Wise, witty and wonderful, Adichie deserved that standing ovation."

Her session was held on the same day she was awarded an honorary degree by Edinburgh University

http://igbobia.com/?q=photos-chimamanda-adichie-receives-standing-ovation-at-endinburgh-intl-film-festival-during-session

Lalasticlala, MissyB3, Fynestboi

You got it wrong. It was at a BOOK festival, not FILM festival
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by blueAgent(m): 7:50am On Sep 07, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

She is grossly overrated by these westerners maybe because there is so little talent coming out of Nigeria.

I Concur 100%.
She a Hypocrite,She complains about racism but still makes the west her home.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Arielle: 7:54am On Sep 07, 2017
maskid:

Lol, this guy is a complete fool. Like u didnt get the message and the sarcasm, . its official bro. YOU ARE RETARD3D#!!!

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I couldn't believe it either! Like water off a duck's back! cheesy cheesy Oh Nairaland!!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by ibawon(m): 8:53am On Sep 07, 2017
I don't care if you are Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa so far as you stand for the right thing. Then I am proud of you.
Proudly Nigerian
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by khalids: 11:14am On Sep 07, 2017
okekekelechib:
That's our IGBO Sister... Afonjas keep off.. We are d best.. Igbo kwenu.

Yes you are proud of her....But I can bet she will not be proud of you with this your comment....

wisdom is profitable to the wise......apply wisdom in your life......cos this your Afonja hatred will profit you nothing and your God in heaven is definitely not smiling at you for it
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by AlwaysUltraPad: 11:32am On Sep 07, 2017
She suffers from depression too? She's mentally ill .

Little yam legs
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by AlwaysUltraPad: 11:33am On Sep 07, 2017
blueAgent:

I Concur 100%.
She a Hypocrite,She complains about racism but still makes the west her home.
I'm not her fan. She lies .

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Icon79(m): 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2017
Well, just to give one name, my friend Myne White is a much better writer/storyteller than Ngozi Adichie, and she has written more books as well, but she's not as famous. And there are 100s more.

O pari

Xsem:

Examples of the better authors?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by datribune: 2:09pm On Sep 07, 2017
Deflorence:

God bless you for this.

Datribune, this is for you.
Another WOMAN OF SUBSTANCE.

I like & respect Adichie not because some foreign, white or non-African person celebrates her but because till date she has not given me any reason not to. I used to respect Okonjo-iweala even more. However, having seen d rot & corruption in d Nigerian economy under her watch, I can not in good conscience still accord her d same respect.
I know u ar eager for a hero, but u need to respect people based on d reality of their actions & not because some neo-colonialists accord them respect. U need to purge urself of colonial/inferior mentality. Because a white person celebrates someone does not necessarily mean dat u hav to. Trust in ur own judgement. Assess their actions YOURSELF, not based on other people's assessment.
I will continue to treasure Adichie & hopefully, unlike Iweala, she will not giv me reasons not to.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Slayer2: 4:43am On Sep 08, 2017
Shortyy:

Which bleaching cream company? Boy GTFOH silly human. Any light skin chic is bleaching to you mofos.
Anyways that's BTW, she doesn't know me, but I strife to be successful like her. But you on the other hand is here with your 10mb data posting trash about a woman who can get your out of your misery!
You'll eventually die of hate, and chimanda won't even know that a certain dumb carzola from nairaland died because of his hate for her.
Keep hating!.
Anu ofia. nkapi

Lol shorty, are you really female? Cause this your comments ehn they are too hard, rugged comments. Kai grin this is too much o grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival by Nwabundo38(f): 2:37pm On Sep 08, 2017
Youngadvocate:
Nigerian renowned Novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was a celebrity guest at the Edinburgh International Film Festival where she opened up on her sensational new book, “Dear Ijeawele,” her feminism campaign and more.

A Scottish Newspaper, scotsman.com reported that she was honoured with a standing ovation when the Audience set their eyes on her.

The Newspaper wrote: "Edinburgh being the city it is, standing ovations are rare even at its Book Festival, and handed out as sparingly as its university doles out honorary degrees. So when, at 10:45pm on Saturday night, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s audience stood to applaud her, at the end of a day on which she’d been made an honorary DLitt, it was a rare double indeed."

The current First Minister of Scotland and leader of the Scottish National Party, Nicola Ferguson Sturgeon who has been in office since November 2014, a faithful fan of Chimamanda had session of interaction with the Iconic writer.

According to scotsman.com, the conversation was warm as it "flowed effortlessly from American racism (“I wasn’t black until I went to the US”) to – naturally – Donald Trump, then historical fiction, the importance of reading, and of ending the stigma of mental illness (Adichie suffers from depression), not least in Nigeria. Wise, witty and wonderful, Adichie deserved that standing ovation."

Her session was held on the same day she was awarded an honorary degree by Edinburgh University

http://igbobia.com/?q=photos-chimamanda-adichie-receives-standing-ovation-at-endinburgh-intl-film-festival-during-session

Lalasticlala, MissyB3, Fynestboi
My love for this woman.
My role model

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

English Speaking Versus Writing, Which Is More Difficult? / What Was The Last Book You Read? / 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.