Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 (12999 Views)

In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) / 8 Brand New Honda Vehicles And Their Prices / Types Of Vehicles And The Amount Of Fire Extinguisher(s) They Should Have – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by Amberon11: 8:18am On Sep 07, 2017
Olodo, meanwhile your parasitic states are all run by "our oyel money" . ND will not suffer. If oil dries up so what? We still have the largest gas reserves in Africa. NLNG in Bonny alone produces 1/8th of the Liquefied natural gas in Africa. We have access to the sea and of course the brains to thrive.
lilytender:
So, our oyel people will start hawking their oyel in Lagos hold-ups like Gala and La Casera.
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by LordIsaac(m): 8:26am On Sep 07, 2017
Iceman2017:
And APC government is still searching for oil in lake chad...
Even Dangote is still building refinery in Lagos. Lol
Africa self
Two consolations: one, I would be settled by then, God willing; two, there are other by-Products of crude oil.

1 Like

Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by soath(m): 8:29am On Sep 07, 2017
The world is thinking green (solar), our government is thinking black(crude oil).
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by colossus91(m): 8:31am On Sep 07, 2017
Arewa youths won't like this!! grin
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by ubox: 8:32am On Sep 07, 2017
shervydman:
the time has come for our leaders to think further than oil. by 2040,nobody will need our oil again. they don't run generators in developed countries.
Germany and India to ban the use of oil products in 2030.
Netherlands and Norway to ban theirs in 2025.

I fear for the future if we still generate 90% of our foreign revenue from oil products.
the world is thinking green, our government is thinking black(crude oil).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/06/france-ban-petrol-diesel-vehicles-2040/

I will love to see how they will run their airplanes, ships abi electric airplanes dey grin
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by agitator: 8:36am On Sep 07, 2017
joinnow:
Let 2025 come quickly joor so our govt can sit up and Rethink.
Now its sounding like chiko language to them.

hmmmmmmm, they are already having a rethink, but not the way you expect.

The strategy is to amass much wealth now before that time. So whether they buy the oil or not they are covered for life. grin grin grin
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by kernel505: 8:36am On Sep 07, 2017
Joshuasaintiago:
GOOD DEVELOPMENT, SO WE STOP HEARING OUR OIL NONSENSE ,GO AND WORK HARD

Stop proving your ignorance on daily basis. There Oil is why your state is still breathing, 60-70% anything you have in your state is from Oil proceed.
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:48am On Sep 07, 2017
Joshuasaintiago:

Just get ready for Dangote enslavement because that his refinery must earns profit in record time
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by kernel505: 8:51am On Sep 07, 2017
sesaan:
And some people will still be shouting our OYEL

Stop proving your ignorance on daily basis. There Oil is why your state is still breathing, 60-70% anything you have in your state is from Oil proceed.
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by Primebuilders(m): 9:06am On Sep 07, 2017
mansakhalifa:
One thing remains obvious though: We will keep using them petrol aod diesel powered vehicles here in Nigeria even after those countries in Europe stop using them. They will start "dumping" them here. Meanwhile,this latest development might lead to the demise of certain regimes and collapse of many African economies that are heavily dependent on oil. I don't know how prepared Nigeria is going to be by that time. Then you have Equatorial Guinea,Angola,Gabon and the rest. Armageddon loading...

it is not if we will still use fuel for vehicles in nigeria but the issue is our source of revenue as a country. we are highly dependant on oil and oil our customers/buyer have found alternatives
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by onyxo76(m): 9:19am On Sep 07, 2017
ubox:

I will love to see how they will run their airplanes, ships abi electric airplanes dey grin
sit down there, don't you think they would have thought about that before banning use of fossil fuels

1 Like

Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 07, 2017
Primebuilders:

it is not if we will still use fuel for vehicles in nigeria but the issue is our source of revenue as a country. we are highly dependant on oil and oil our customers/buyer have found alternatives

u've spoken my mind......God bless u.
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 07, 2017
@Primebuilders I already considered that in an earlier post. Just thought I should look at it from another angle. Shouldn't we be thinking "of going green" in order to prevent those guys from dumping their obsolete fuel and diesel machines here in the not too distant future? This development is bigger than just the country's revenue. It is a bumper package of worries.
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by unite4real: 9:23am On Sep 07, 2017
hammerX:
cc>fratermathy, laudate

Better join Kanu and secure ur future using oil revenue for the next 23years left.

The oil will be useless before it runs out in the 30 years expiring date.
ezeagu, cheruv, ngozi123, pazienza

more than half of that money might be used to fight wars o.
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 07, 2017
@ubox they are already test-running solar-powered airplanes. As for ships...well.
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 07, 2017
mansakhalifa:
@Primebuilders I already considered that in an earlier post. Just thought I should look at it from another angle. Shouldn't we be thinking "of going green" in order to prevent those guys from dumping their obsolete fuel and diesel machines here in the not too distant future? This development is bigger than just the country's revenue. It is a bumper package of worries.
the truth is ;they'll dump it, whether we like it or not, Africa is still using locomotives for crying out loud. we can only minimize it's effects by thinking ahead. I'm majorly concerned about the economy that it's destiny rest upon the shoulder of a very-soon-to-be-obsolete product....the name petrodol***
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by ubox: 9:32am On Sep 07, 2017
onyxo76:
sit down there, don't you think they would have thought about that before banning use of fossil fuels
But the thing is that oil can never be totally irrelevant, they're other by products of petroleum like natural gas, plastic, fertilizer etc tho I'm not encouraging Nigeria not to diversify her economy.
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 07, 2017
@shervydman true @locomotives. While others are already on high speed electric and solar-powered trains. Africa is not thinking hard enough. We are gonna be a dumping ground if we keep on going this way. For me,I care less about the rest of Africa and more about my own part of the world. Something has to be done here or else...
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 07, 2017
mansakhalifa:
@shervydman true @locomotives. While others are already on high speed electric and solar-powered trains. Africa is not thinking hard enough. We are gonna be a dumping ground if we keep on going this way. For me,I care less about the rest of Africa and more about my own part of the world. Something has to be done here or else...
else it will be Armageddon!
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by Onyenna(m): 10:11am On Sep 07, 2017
GloryCardinal:
To start using what please?

Electric cars, buses....etc...

At the moment, Millions of plugin electric cars, utility vans etc have already been sold in France, Norway etc....

The adoption of plug-in electric vehicles in France is actively supported by the French government through a bonus-malus system and other incentives. The government provides subsidies towards the purchase of all-electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids with low CO2 emissions. The French government also set up a national purchase incentive scheme for all-electric utility vans....

The French Government is actively encouraging it's populace to dump all diesel[or PMS] powered engines for a more cleaner electric plug-in vehicles....

Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by Stefano911(m): 10:12am On Sep 07, 2017
davillian:
Meaning we would be drinking our crude by then or Nigeria will be a dumping ground for petrol cars.

In case u think petroleum as just petrol, this is for u
A partial list of products made from Petroleum (144 of 6000 items)

One 42-gallon barrel of oil creates 19.4 gallons of gasoline. The rest (over half) is used to make things like:

Solvents

Diesel fuel

Motor Oil

Bearing Grease

Ink

Floor Wax

Ballpoint Pens

Football Cleats

Upholstery

Sweaters

Boats

Insecticides

Bicycle Tires

Sports Car Bodies

Nail Polish

Fishing lures

Dresses

Tires

Golf Bags

Perfumes

Cassettes

Dishwasher parts

Tool Boxes

Shoe Polish

Motorcycle Helmet

Caulking

Petroleum Jelly

Transparent Tape

CD Player

Faucet Washers

Antiseptics

Clothesline

Curtains

Food Preservatives

Basketballs

Soap

Vitamin Capsules

Antihistamines

Purses

Shoes

Dashboards

Cortisone

Deodorant

Footballs

Putty

Dyes

Panty Hose

Refrigerant

Percolators

Life Jackets

Rubbing Alcohol

Linings

Skis

TV Cabinets

Shag Rugs

Electrician's Tape

Tool Racks

Car Battery Cases

Epoxy

Paint

Mops

Slacks

Insect Repellent

Oil Filters

Umbrellas

Yarn

Fertilizers

Hair Coloring

Roofing

Toilet Seats

Fishing Rods

Lipstick

Denture Adhesive

Linoleum

Ice Cube Trays

Synthetic Rubber

Speakers

Plastic Wood

Electric Blankets

Glycerin

Tennis Rackets

Rubber Cement

Fishing Boots

Dice

Nylon Rope

Candles

Trash Bags

House Paint

Water Pipes

Hand Lotion

Roller Skates

Surf Boards

Shampoo

Wheels

Paint Rollers

Shower Curtains

Guitar Strings

Luggage

Aspirin

Safety Glasses

Antifreeze

Football Helmets

Awnings

Eyeglasses

Clothes

Toothbrushes

Ice Chests

Footballs

Combs

CD's & DVD's

Paint Brushes

Detergents

Vaporizers

Balloons

Sun Glasses

Tents

Heart Valves

Crayons

Parachutes

Telephones

Enamel

Pillows

Dishes

Cameras

Anesthetics

Artificial Turf

Artificial limbs

Bandages

Dentures

Model Cars

Folding Doors

Hair Curlers

Cold cream

Movie film

Soft Contact lenses

Drinking Cups

Fan Belts

Car Enamel

Shaving Cream

Ammonia

Refrigerators

Golf Balls

Toothpaste

Gasoline

Americans consume petroleum products at a rate of three-and-a-half gallons of oil and more than
250 cubic feet of natural gas per day each! But, as shown here petroleum is not just used for fuel.
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by GloryCardinal(m): 10:15am On Sep 07, 2017
Onyenna:

Electric cars, buses....etc...

At the moment, Millions of plugin electric cars, utility vans etc have already been sold in France, Norway etc....

The adoption of plug-in electric vehicles in France is actively supported by the French government through a bonus-malus system and other incentives. The government provides subsidies towards the purchase of all-electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids with low CO2 emissions. The French government also set up a national purchase incentive scheme for all-electric utility vans....

The French Government is actively encouraging it's populace to dump all diesel[or PMS] powered engines for a more cleaner electric plug-in vehicles....

Is it going to make the price of diesel to fall?
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by shedy03(m): 10:40am On Sep 07, 2017
shervydman:
the time has come for our leaders to think further than oil. by 2040,nobody will need our oil again. they don't run generators in developed countries.
Germany and India to ban the use of oil products in 2030.
Netherlands and Norway to ban theirs in 2025.

I fear for the future if we still generate 90% of our foreign revenue from oil products.
the world is thinking green, our government is thinking black(crude oil).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/06/france-ban-petrol-diesel-vehicles-2040/
our government is also thinking green but of "back to farm". lol.

1 Like

Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by Jelal0007(m): 10:46am On Sep 07, 2017
hammerX:

We will still want Biafra with or without oil, we dont need any useless association.
Exactly,we don't want any useless association with people who make 2much noise on NL. They claim high intelligence but follow a lunatic who they their supreme leader. They contribute practically NOTHING 2d growth 2d growth of the country. Please GO ABEG.
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by Jelal0007(m): 10:49am On Sep 07, 2017
ochukwuma15:
This is not a good news for Nigeria in particular and OPEC in general.
But it is a step in the right direction in the sense that Nigeria, in the last 57 years have refused to diversified their economy.
The only language the country understand is how to drill crude oil and sell. We don't even have a functional refinery, no factory, no electricity, we don't even produce tooth pick, and we will start producing pencil by the year 2020.

So this is a good news, from 2025, just 8 years from now, we will start drinking our crude oil.

Everything is fundamentally wrong with this country and guess what?
Lorrita Onochie will be somewhere reading this post and thinking that I'm crossing the National red line instead of advising her principal.
When PMB said we're looking at agriculture and solid minerals,where were U sir? An economy can't be diversified completely in 4 4 yrs. Its still a work in progress.
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by davillian(m): 10:55am On Sep 07, 2017
Stefano911:

In case u think petroleum as just petrol, this is for u
A partial list of products made from Petroleum (144 of 6000 items)

One 42-gallon barrel of oil creates 19.4 gallons of gasoline. The rest (over half) is used to make things like:

Solvents

Diesel fuel

Motor Oil

Bearing Grease

Ink

Floor Wax

Ballpoint Pens

Football Cleats

Upholstery

Sweaters

Boats

Insecticides

Bicycle Tires

Sports Car Bodies

Nail Polish

Fishing lures

Dresses

Tires

Golf Bags

Perfumes

Cassettes

Dishwasher parts

Tool Boxes

Shoe Polish

Motorcycle Helmet

Caulking

Petroleum Jelly

Transparent Tape

CD Player

Faucet Washers

Antiseptics

Clothesline

Curtains

Food Preservatives

Basketballs

Soap

Vitamin Capsules

Antihistamines

Purses

Shoes

Dashboards

Cortisone

Deodorant

Footballs

Putty

Dyes

Panty Hose

Refrigerant

Percolators

Life Jackets

Rubbing Alcohol

Linings

Skis

TV Cabinets

Shag Rugs

Electrician's Tape

Tool Racks

Car Battery Cases

Epoxy

Paint

Mops

Slacks

Insect Repellent

Oil Filters

Umbrellas

Yarn

Fertilizers

Hair Coloring

Roofing

Toilet Seats

Fishing Rods

Lipstick

Denture Adhesive

Linoleum

Ice Cube Trays

Synthetic Rubber

Speakers

Plastic Wood

Electric Blankets

Glycerin

Tennis Rackets

Rubber Cement

Fishing Boots

Dice

Nylon Rope

Candles

Trash Bags

House Paint

Water Pipes

Hand Lotion

Roller Skates

Surf Boards

Shampoo

Wheels

Paint Rollers

Shower Curtains

Guitar Strings

Luggage

Aspirin

Safety Glasses

Antifreeze

Football Helmets

Awnings

Eyeglasses

Clothes

Toothbrushes

Ice Chests

Footballs

Combs

CD's & DVD's

Paint Brushes

Detergents

Vaporizers

Balloons

Sun Glasses

Tents

Heart Valves

Crayons

Parachutes

Telephones

Enamel

Pillows

Dishes

Cameras

Anesthetics

Artificial Turf

Artificial limbs

Bandages

Dentures

Model Cars

Folding Doors

Hair Curlers

Cold cream

Movie film

Soft Contact lenses

Drinking Cups

Fan Belts

Car Enamel

Shaving Cream

Ammonia

Refrigerators

Golf Balls

Toothpaste

Gasoline

Americans consume petroleum products at a rate of three-and-a-half gallons of oil and more than
250 cubic feet of natural gas per day each! But, as shown here petroleum is not just used for fuel.
I know crude is not used only for fuel but wait and see what happens when cars stop using fuel.
I don't need to tell you that the price of crude will DROP.
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by Onyenna(m): 11:07am On Sep 07, 2017
GloryCardinal:
Is it going to make the price of diesel to fall?

When the supply is enormous with very few buyers, the Price of Diesel would directly or indirectly fall drastically to the detriment of our oil dependent economy...

...However, there are other byproducts of crude which can help our economy, if, and only if, we're able to really develope and upgrade Our economy/companies..... And also an upgrade in Agriculture is gravely Required....
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by autchies(m): 11:14am On Sep 07, 2017
Joshuasaintiago:
Fool then we stop hearing allocation from Abuja and one Nigeria. Fool
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by autchies(m): 11:15am On Sep 07, 2017
[quote author=Joshuasaintiago post=60206056]GOOD DEVELOPMENT, SO WE STOP HEARING OUR OIL NONSENSE ,GO AND WORK HARD[/quote
Fool then we stop hearing allocation from Abuja and one Nigeria .fool
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by Reference(m): 11:36am On Sep 07, 2017
ubox:

Laugh oh African...it is one step after the other. Change doesn't spring like a trap. It creeps like a thief.
Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by xeleb(m): 11:47am On Sep 07, 2017
Don't allow your car to be stolen before taking action, know the location of your car,you can stop and start your car with just a sms, listen to live conversation in your car.get a car tracker today in Abuja,price is 30000, for more details pls call 08066804625

Re: France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 by rufus7719: 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
By then I would see whether my people from the East would still be fighting for biafra.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Prepare Your Vehicle For Travel / Aston Martin To Make 28 Replicas Of DB5 Driven By James Bond In Goldfinger Movie / Is This Engine Oil Good To Service My Corolla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.