Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed (23073 Views)

Tribunal: Wike's Congratulatory Message To Buhari Got Nigerians Talking / Buhari Got N260k Loan To Build His House In 1984 (Throwback Photo) / Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by sharpwriter(m): 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2017
IYANGBALI:
Is that why I have not eaten since morning?
Hmmmn.... you'd better say yes to me and bid bye bye to hunger.. .sure three square meal per day in any continental dish you want. grin kiss
IYANGBALI:
Is that why I have not eaten since morning?
Hmmmn.... you'd better say yes to me and bid bye bye to hunger.. .sure three square meal per day in any continental dish you want. grin
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2017
I hates when old people in Nigeria government lies to the public. APC government and Nigeria politicians should stop lying to us, it's becoming embarrassing elderly people lying.

Lai Mohammed failed to list the items or products that the prices have come down.

Just today again the price of products I'd gotten some days ago are on the increase. That makes me asking myself, what is the meaning of "out of recession by APC government?"

Why is APC like playing politics and propaganda with everything Is APC planning to release kg bags of rice, 2kg of groundnut oil, loaf of breads and sharing N2000 to 5000 thousand for the exchange of votes

Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by happyblogger: 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2017
dotcomnamename:
If not for Buhari, Jagaban Tinubu, Amaechi and APC, that clueless criminal called Badluck Jonathan and his crew would have sold Nigeria.

God bless PMB
God bless Amaechi and Jagaban
God bless Nigeria
you are one of the problems of Nigeria
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by nextstep(m): 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2017
Rubbish!

All these things were the result of hard work by Nigerians and oil prices recovering somewhat, not because of PMB's policies.

The whole lot of them should just go on medical vacation till 2019, whereupon we'll vote in solid rocks. Rocks don't cost money to feed or maintain; won't waste money on travel; and best of all won't make nonsense policies that harm the economy or say things to heat the polity.

Aso Rock for President, Olumo Rock for Vice. Who's with me? cool

GEJ predicted it: he said we had a choice "between a record of visible achievements - and desperate power seekers with empty promises". I think it's obvious which one we got.
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by gnykelly(m): 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2017
Keneking:
Nonsense

1. A fall in the inflation rate from 18% to 16% as of July 2017 (NONSENSE)

2. The rise in exports, coupled with a decrease in imports, which brought the country’s trade balance to N719.4 billion, up from N671.3 billion (WHAT ITEMS MAKE UP THIS EXPORT - UGWU OR OGBONNO)

3. Increase in capital inflow that brought the total value of capital imported into Nigeria in the second quarter of 2017 to $1,792.3 million, representing a growth of 95.02 percent (STATE CLEARLY ---WHOSE INFLOW AND WHERE?)

4. Increase in foreign reserves to a 30-month high of $31.8 billion in July 2017 (WHO THE RESERVES EPP?)

5. Appreciation in exchange rate from N520/$ as at 20 February 2017 to N362/$ as at 17th August 2017 (THIS IS THE REAL RECESSION)

Useless government

- The only drop is the price of Pepsi now N100 (N150)...and the company is advertising seriously and celebrating the drop...Nonsense

you deserve my like. i just give you one
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by jojothaiv(m): 6:56pm On Sep 07, 2017
It's Lai on the microphone!

Here in Gando, Mustapha never understand wetin the man dey try yarn..
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by bolubillionaire(m): 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2017
U created a problem in real life... Then solved it on paper...
And u want us to celebrate you?
Someone give the idiot a medal.
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by Noblewhiz(m): 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
Out of recession!!
prices of stuffs are still high in my area or is it my area alone??
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by Rigel95(m): 8:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
Thebest12:
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has explained how the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari got Nigeria out of recession.

RationalTV..com learnt that Mohammed, while speaking with the press, said the country was able to exit the recession that lasted for more than a year because of the efforts put in by the Buhari government.

He stated that the 0.55% growth in the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the second quarter of 2017, was one of the major things that got the nation out of recession, Daily Post reports.

He said:“Taking Nigeria out of recession did not happen by accident. It is the culmination of months of hard work by the Administration and fidelity to its well-articulated economic policies, especially the Strategic Implementation Economic Recovery (2016) and the Growth Plan (ERGP) that was launched on 5th April, 2017.

“This positive growth is attributable to both the oil and non-oil sectors of the economy. Growth in the oil sector, which has been negative since Q4 2015, was positive in Q2 2017. It rose by 1.64% as compared to -15.60 in Q1 2017, an increase of up to 17 percentage points.

“The non-oil sector grew by 0.45% in Q2 2017, a second successive quarterly growth after growing 0.72% in Q1 2017. In particular, improvement in the non-oil sector was driven principally by strong growth in agriculture and solid minerals sector, and reversal in the previous contraction of the manufacturing and construction sector. This shows that the government’s economic diversification programme is working."

Other positive developments listed by the minister are:

1. A fall in the inflation rate from 18% to 16% as of July 2017

2. The rise in exports, coupled with a decrease in imports, which brought the country’s trade balance to N719.4 billion, up from N671.3 billion

3. Increase in capital inflow that brought the total value of capital imported into Nigeria in the second quarter of 2017 to $1,792.3 million, representing a growth of 95.02 percent

4. Increase in foreign reserves to a 30-month high of $31.8 billion in July 2017

5. Appreciation in exchange rate from N520/$ as at 20 February 2017 to N362/$ as at 17th August 2017

Meanwhile, RationalTV..com reported earlier that Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti has reacted to news that Nigeriawas out of recession, describing it as inaccurate.

In a statement signed by his spokesperson, Lere Olayinka, on Wednesday, September 6, the Ekiti governor claimed the statistics upon which the claim was based is meaningless to Nigerians.

He said that the reality is that Nigerians are suffering and dying, with foods out of their reach and no amount of economic statistics will make meaning to people who cannot afford to eat once daily.

Source: http://RationalTV..in/2017/09/rationaltv-lai-mohammed-reveals-how.html
Any half-wit economist knows any economy in recession will recover itself with time. SIT DOWN.BE HUMBLE!
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by EKOSuperior(m): 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2017
Foolish and clueless people in power. Old men that supposed to be dead long time ago.
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by lyricalz: 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2017
so we should fry eba? was he not the person who brought us there at first?
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by akaahs(m): 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2017
Omeokachie:
It's Lai again!

Another own goal!

but na who he dey play with na, definitely not nigerians bcause most of us have surrender. We are at d mercy of apc
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by mumexcellency(f): 11:26pm On Sep 07, 2017
Please stop this lies. Nigeria is still in recession due to the following prices: bag if rice 18,000, bag of sugar 17,500., small carton of indomie 1,800, kings veg oil 5ltrs 3,200. Normal slice bread 350, a crate of egg 1,000. Fuel is still145/ lit. Pls bring all these prices down as you met it in may 2015, then Nigeria is out of recession. Thank you.
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by Emmaskill(m): 11:27pm On Sep 07, 2017
dotcomnamename:
If not for Buhari, Jagaban Tinubu, Amaechi and APC, that clueless criminal called Badluck Jonathan and his crew would have sold Nigeria.

God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria
Ass licker spotted grin
dotcomnamename:

God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria
Ass licker spotted
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
Its a lie Mohamed
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by livebiz: 4:15am On Sep 08, 2017
It's because they're non-entity who can't see beyond their nose. Many Nigerians are corruption minded and will hardly accept some one who is not corrupt
fmlala:
Early 2016, National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) and Finance Minister say Nigeria is officially in economic recession....

Then Wailers responded with a thunderous applause, not minding the fact that their heroes and heroines looted and plundered the country into recession....

* September 2017, National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) and Finance Minister say Nigeria is officially out of economic recession....

Then Wailers are now responding with a thunderous wailing of disapproval and rejection.... They love bad news, and they hate good news, especially if it has to do with PMB and Nigeria! They believed the NBS and the Finance Minister then, but they don't believe the NBS and the Finance Minister now!

Poor Wailers, they don't know and understand that our getting out of economic recession is a function of the swelling up of our foreign reserves in spite of the fact that oil still sells at less than $50 per barrel, and which means the blockage of leakages and the anti corruption war have been remarkably successful after all. And it also means PMB's Economic Team, headed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, is a sound team!

The swelling up of our foreign reserves means the Naira will now maintain its momentum of recovery against other foreign currencies, which will further translate into gradual but steady fall in prices of goods and services. So, if you are out there wailing that this announcement has not changed the prices of rice, yams, garri or other commodities in the market near you, just hold your breath and monitor the markets in the coming days, weeks and months!

Just watch PMB recover Nigeria from thieves and the consequences of their stealing!

Long live PMB! God bless Nigeria!
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by kendylet(f): 11:56am On Sep 08, 2017
eyeview:
A recession which they dug us into.

Please, i no go school ooo. But has the price of rice come down in your areas? Has dollar dropped to N200's? Has fuel come under N100/litre? Has their been drop in the price of basic commodities? Someone should explain to me
no mind fem jare!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Agrees To Change Name, Fulfils Demand By R-APC / How Atiku, Melaye, Usman Split Governor Bello, Deputy’s Relationship / Obidients Plan One Day Free Bus Service In Kaduna (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.