Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed (23076 Views)

Tribunal: Wike's Congratulatory Message To Buhari Got Nigerians Talking / Buhari Got N260k Loan To Build His House In 1984 (Throwback Photo) / Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by loomer: 1:23pm On Sep 07, 2017
All for 2019
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by ojay2053(m): 1:26pm On Sep 07, 2017
Uncle Lai, you need deliverance, the swear dem swear for you to dey lie no be beans.

So na for mouth (talk) naija take comot for recession abi?

Keep bringing shame to yourself and your household, MUGU.

Abeg make i go drink garri wey i soak jare.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by rosalieene(f): 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2017
shift lemme faint
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by mudia3012: 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2017
the truth is we are still in recession..... until we all the masses have felt the effect then we can talk about liars statistics
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by AFONJACOW(m): 1:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
he got Nigeria out of recession is it in dreams or when he was in coma Jubril will do more damage than Buhari , are we out of recession barely 2 days ago , AFONJAS were falling on top each other , kicking themselves just to lay hands on #50 naira notes WizKids sprayed... this people can't be serious, until I stop hearing skull mining business went wrong , will I believe we are actually out of recession.. while because its hunger and starvation that pushed most of this Yoruba folks to start looking for skulls and body parts to mine
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by totorimi: 1:50pm On Sep 07, 2017
Town crier has come again O. So bubu that was away and didn't know what was happening, cooling off on vacation for three months be is the one that worked. Truly these ministers are noise makers, bubu said it not me. Just for what they will eat they can abuse their heritage. Too bad indeed, praise singing that's their trademark.

Talk is cheap anyway, we have not forgotten that it was this same type of loquacious talking that got them into power. So I'm not surprised.
What has changed now that he said we are out of recession. Has the price of food item come down. Industrial action everywhere due to bad economy.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by kitaatita: 2:04pm On Sep 07, 2017
How Buhari got Nigeria out of recession is a study in Economics. Government got Nigeria out of recession primarily by social ingenuity; refusing to spend, devaluating the currency, strict exchange control and frugality. America borrowed and poured money into to the economy to stimulate growth while Nigeria did the opposite. In America's case you had robust economic activity with citizens finding new jobs and having improved purchasing power. Nigeria's installed capacity utilization remained low even with excess inventory.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by autonomous22: 2:05pm On Sep 07, 2017
I just come read curses n insults ......
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by Tecno66: 2:05pm On Sep 07, 2017
Liar don see lie talk. He did all these while on medical vacation or as he come so?
Thebest12:
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has explained how the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari got Nigeria out of recession.

RationalTV..com learnt that Mohammed, while speaking with the press, said the country was able to exit the recession that lasted for more than a year because of the efforts put in by the Buhari government.

He stated that the 0.55% growth in the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the second quarter of 2017, was one of the major things that got the nation out of recession, Daily Post reports.

He said:“Taking Nigeria out of recession did not happen by accident. It is the culmination of months of hard work by the Administration and fidelity to its well-articulated economic policies, especially the Strategic Implementation Economic Recovery (2016) and the Growth Plan (ERGP) that was launched on 5th April, 2017.

“This positive growth is attributable to both the oil and non-oil sectors of the economy. Growth in the oil sector, which has been negative since Q4 2015, was positive in Q2 2017. It rose by 1.64% as compared to -15.60 in Q1 2017, an increase of up to 17 percentage points.

“The non-oil sector grew by 0.45% in Q2 2017, a second successive quarterly growth after growing 0.72% in Q1 2017. In particular, improvement in the non-oil sector was driven principally by strong growth in agriculture and solid minerals sector, and reversal in the previous contraction of the manufacturing and construction sector. This shows that the government’s economic diversification programme is working."

Other positive developments listed by the minister are:

1. A fall in the inflation rate from 18% to 16% as of July 2017

2. The rise in exports, coupled with a decrease in imports, which brought the country’s trade balance to N719.4 billion, up from N671.3 billion

3. Increase in capital inflow that brought the total value of capital imported into Nigeria in the second quarter of 2017 to $1,792.3 million, representing a growth of 95.02 percent

4. Increase in foreign reserves to a 30-month high of $31.8 billion in July 2017

5. Appreciation in exchange rate from N520/$ as at 20 February 2017 to N362/$ as at 17th August 2017

Meanwhile, RationalTV..com reported earlier that Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti has reacted to news that Nigeriawas out of recession, describing it as inaccurate.

In a statement signed by his spokesperson, Lere Olayinka, on Wednesday, September 6, the Ekiti governor claimed the statistics upon which the claim was based is meaningless to Nigerians.

He said that the reality is that Nigerians are suffering and dying, with foods out of their reach and no amount of economic statistics will make meaning to people who cannot afford to eat once daily.

Source: http://RationalTV..in/2017/09/rationaltv-lai-mohammed-reveals-how.html
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by IamGodsGrace(f): 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
Economic growth in this country is measured by GDP... GDP fails to explain the distribution of wealth in the nation.
In other words, we may be out of recession yet still suffering as 90% of the Nations wealth is controlled by 10% of the population.
The only way we can be sure of our economic security is when economic growth is being measured by per capita income.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by Izonpikin: 2:09pm On Sep 07, 2017
Keneking:
Nonsense

1. A fall in the inflation rate from 18% to 16% as of July 2017 (NONSENSE)

2. The rise in exports, coupled with a decrease in imports, which brought the country’s trade balance to N719.4 billion, up from N671.3 billion (WHAT ITEMS MAKE UP THIS EXPORT - UGWU OR OGBONNO)

3. Increase in capital inflow that brought the total value of capital imported into Nigeria in the second quarter of 2017 to $1,792.3 million, representing a growth of 95.02 percent (STATE CLEARLY ---WHOSE INFLOW AND WHERE?)

4. Increase in foreign reserves to a 30-month high of $31.8 billion in July 2017 (WHO THE RESERVES EPP?)

5. Appreciation in exchange rate from N520/$ as at 20 February 2017 to N362/$ as at 17th August 2017 (THIS IS THE REAL RECESSION)

Useless government
grin grin grin grin
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2017
elog:
My pockets are still in recession.

I can't relate.

You still have not realised that you are hiding inside a box for Easiflo breast pump angry

Wetin you dey do for there?
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by cytell56: 2:29pm On Sep 07, 2017
Thebest12:
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has explained how the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari got Nigeria out of recession.

RationalTV..com learnt that Mohammed, while speaking with the press, said the country was able to exit the recession that lasted for more than a year because of the efforts put in by the Buhari government.

He stated that the 0.55% growth in the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the second quarter of 2017, was one of the major things that got the nation out of recession, Daily Post reports.

He said:“Taking Nigeria out of recession did not happen by accident. It is the culmination of months of hard work by the Administration and fidelity to its well-articulated economic policies, especially the Strategic Implementation Economic Recovery (2016) and the Growth Plan (ERGP) that was launched on 5th April, 2017.

“This positive growth is attributable to both the oil and non-oil sectors of the economy. Growth in the oil sector, which has been negative since Q4 2015, was positive in Q2 2017. It rose by 1.64% as compared to -15.60 in Q1 2017, an increase of up to 17 percentage points.

“The non-oil sector grew by 0.45% in Q2 2017, a second successive quarterly growth after growing 0.72% in Q1 2017. In particular, improvement in the non-oil sector was driven principally by strong growth in agriculture and solid minerals sector, and reversal in the previous contraction of the manufacturing and construction sector. This shows that the government’s economic diversification programme is working."

2. The rise in exports, coupled with a decrease in imports, which brought the country’s trade balance to N719.4 billion, up from N671.3 billion

3. Increase in capital inflow that brought the total value of capital imported into Nigeria in the second quarter of 2017 to $1,792.3 million, representing a growth of 95.02 percent

4. Increase in foreign reserves to a 30-month high of $31.8 billion in July 2017

5. Appreciation in exchange rate from N520/$ as at 20 February 2017 to N362/$ as at 17th August 2017

Meanwhile, RationalTV..com reported earlier that Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti has reacted to news that Nigeriawas out of recession, describing it as inaccurate.

In a statement signed by his spokesperson, Lere Olayinka, on Wednesday, September 6, the Ekiti governor claimed the statistics upon which the claim was based is meaningless to Nigerians.

He said that the reality is that Nigerians are suffering and dying, with foods out of their reach and no amount of economic statistics will make meaning to people who cannot afford to eat once daily.

Mr lie-lie, for him sickness abi? You too dey lie
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by klassiqBoih4455(m): 2:43pm On Sep 07, 2017
This man is just acting like he is not in this country, how has recession been removed, when the price of goods are still in increase.. Lai Mohammed come back home
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by mema900: 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
This man is not ashamed of his age
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by Rick9(m): 2:50pm On Sep 07, 2017
Am here to laugh and read the bashing
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by Kiakia(m): 3:07pm On Sep 07, 2017
eyeview:
A recession which they dug us into.

Please, i no go school ooo. But has the price of rice come down in your areas? Has dollar dropped to N200's? Has fuel come under N100/litre? Has their been drop in the price of basic commodities? Someone should explain to me
Believe Lai Mohammed and you will believe anything!
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by AngelicBeing: 3:08pm On Sep 07, 2017
Keneking:
Nonsense

1. A fall in the inflation rate from 18% to 16% as of July 2017 (NONSENSE)

2. The rise in exports, coupled with a decrease in imports, which brought the country’s trade balance to N719.4 billion, up from N671.3 billion (WHAT ITEMS MAKE UP THIS EXPORT - UGWU OR OGBONNO)

3. Increase in capital inflow that brought the total value of capital imported into Nigeria in the second quarter of 2017 to $1,792.3 million, representing a growth of 95.02 percent (STATE CLEARLY ---WHOSE INFLOW AND WHERE?)

4. Increase in foreign reserves to a 30-month high of $31.8 billion in July 2017 (WHO THE RESERVES EPP?)

5. Appreciation in exchange rate from N520/$ as at 20 February 2017 to N362/$ as at 17th August 2017 (THIS IS THE REAL RECESSION)

Useless government
grin
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by Kiakia(m): 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2017
Gangster1ms:
I don't need to read that mumbo jumbo I just know everything is lies.. See his mouth
Neither did I! Talks of Nigeria's exit from recession is hot air. It does not reflect the reality on ground.
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by obailala(m): 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2017
eyeview:
A recession which they dug us into.

Please, i no go school ooo. But has the price of rice come down in your areas? Has dollar dropped to N200's? Has fuel come under N100/litre? Has their been drop in the price of basic commodities? Someone should explain to me
Recession they dug you into right?... They are the ones who control global oil prices right?... Or they are the ones who ensured that the economy of an endowed country like Nigeria depended only on a single volatile priced commodity (oil)?... Or knowing fully well that Nigeria depended on only oil, and knowing that the oil prices could slide any time without warning, I guess they are the ones that ensured that not a single dime of forex was saved for the rainy days like we find ourselves in presently?... Instead of saving, they even ensured they swallowed even the decent savings which were left in the reserves by predecessors, but you think it is the administration which took over when savings had dried up that wholly plunged Nigeria into recession?

Nigeria's GDP was growing at over 6% when oil prices was selling for up to $100; oil suddenly crashed to roughly $65-70 and the GDP growth rate correspondingly crashed continuously to 2% as at the time PDP handed over to APC. With APC taking over, oil price crashed further to $28 but looking at the GDP chart below, a lot of educated people still feel APC alone is to blame for the recession?

Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by EbolaParasite: 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2017
fmlala:
Early 2016, National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) and Finance Minister say Nigeria is officially in economic recession....

Then Wailers responded with a thunderous applause, not minding the fact that their heroes and heroines looted and plundered the country into recession....

* September 2017, National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) and Finance Minister say Nigeria is officially out of economic recession....

Then Wailers are now responding with a thunderous wailing of disapproval and rejection.... They love bad news, and they hate good news, especially if it has to do with PMB and Nigeria! They believed the NBS and the Finance Minister then, but they don't believe the NBS and the Finance Minister now!

Poor Wailers, they don't know and understand that our getting out of economic recession is a function of the swelling up of our foreign reserves in spite of the fact that oil still sells at less than $50 per barrel, and which means the blockage of leakages and the anti corruption war have been remarkably successful after all. And it also means PMB's Economic Team, headed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, is a sound team!

The swelling up of our foreign reserves means the Naira will now maintain its momentum of recovery against other foreign currencies, which will further translate into gradual but steady fall in prices of goods and services. So, if you are out there wailing that this announcement has not changed the prices of rice, yams, garri or other commodities in the market near you, just hold your breath and monitor the markets in the coming days, weeks and months!

Just watch PMB recover Nigeria from thieves and the consequences of their stealing!

Long live PMB! God bless Nigeria!

Excuse you, the only reason is because the price of crude went up and our production has been up. We were exempted from the production cap by OPEC. If crude oil falls back under 40 or close to 30, we will be right back to square 1. The CBN has access to extra FOREX because of OIL. It is still the same ol same ol. Reliance on OIL.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by bedspread: 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
Buhari did not get Nigeria out of Recession...

Nigeria Got out of Recession because of the Declaration of God's Servant Pastor Lazarus Muoka.
This were the words of Pastor Lazarus Muoka at the Morning Service of Tuesday 5th September 2017. His words were confirmed 4pm of the Same day...

In the Exact words of The G.O of The Lords Chosen on The Morning service of 5th September 2017

Because of you! You! Because of you; I Stand Here by the Authority In the Name of JESUS. Because of you, I Change The Economy of Nigeria.... And I Decree From Henceforth, Because of you, From Henceforth Nigeria Shall Experience Boom...Economic Boom.....
When it's Happening, You Remember my Word. It will not Be Long, Beginning From Now, Everything will begin to Change For Good. I Didn't say at The End of the Year....
I Say Things as Long as I Am Standing Here, From Now Whether, I Don't Care How Situation is In Nigeria, I Don't Care Whether People are Eating or Not Eating.....
But Because of You.... I HAVE SAID IT AND IT IS DONE....
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2017
Thebest12:

""'He stated that the 0.55% growth in the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the second quarter of 2017, was one of the major things that got the nation out of recession, Daily Post reports""

Shows the man doesn't know Jack about recession.
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by DONFASZY(m): 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
Dis man wit him mouth like whistle wit highest fraudlent life
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by Jointhemiltons2(m): 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2017
This man must be a bastard
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by baxton25(m): 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2017
Why has thunder not fire this lie Muhammad?
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by israelmao(m): 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2017
...and how he got Nigeria into recession?
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by Izonpikin: 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2017
RillJ:
1. A fall in the inflation rate from 18% to 16% as of July 2017 - Tell me about it when a bag of rice is back to 7K, a cartoon of Noodle 1k, PMS N87 etc

2. The rise in exports, coupled with a decrease in imports, which brought the country’s trade balance to N719.4 billion, up from N671.3 billion - What do we really manufacture for export? Tell me the number of people that have been removed from the unemployment market.

3. Increase in capital inflow that brought the total value of capital imported into Nigeria in the second quarter of 2017 to $1,792.3 million, representing a growth of 95.02 percent. - Not up to 1% of the capital flight that happened 2015/2016.

4. Increase in foreign reserves to a 30-month high of $31.8 billion in July 2017 - U have added $1.8 billion to the $30billion you met in the reserve in 2015 right?

5. Appreciation in exchange rate from N520/$ as at 20 February 2017 to N362/$ as at 17th August 2017 - How did we skyrocket N520/$ in the first case?

We certainly deserve better sir.
lai mohammed is a big joke..he jumped out from no where to scream we are out of recession..where was the old clown when buhari drove this country into recession in the first place..freaks all of them..

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by NwaliE01: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
I think Lie Mohammed should rather brief Nigerians HOW BUHARI GOT US (Nigerians) INTO RECESSION. The problem Buhari administration have is that the have difficulty in learning from past failures.
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by sirjomore(m): 4:51pm On Sep 07, 2017
Na him put us dia before na. Who for Comot us Mtcheew
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
This claim is too early faa angry

Check my signature for a Bulk SMS Reseller Website that print Vouchers
Re: How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed by ayagha: 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2017
Celebrating 16% inflation is pure Madness. Double figure inflation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Attorney General Orders CBN Fines Paid Into Suspicious Account!! / Rivers Election: My Mandate Was Stolen — Awara Cries Out / Appeal Court Sacks Senate Minority Whip, Nwokocha (LP); Affirms Pdp's Akobundu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.