Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,989 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:19 PM

Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor (731 Views)

5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai / Whilst Buhari Was Preparing For A Walk, Goodluck Was Preparing For A Race. / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor by blacksta(m): 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2010
I once warned Nigerians to effectively manage their expectations in relation to Goodluck ascending to the post of President. This is man that had a poor service delivery as an assistant gov, governor and vice president.  Just Imagine if Atiku  were  the vice president .  The man would have consolidated the presidential position much more quicker than Jonathan.   To be a president in Nigeria is not about just been educated but one must a maintain a balance of Wittiness and Flexibility to Rescue Nigeria from the claws of death.  Jonathan was never the man.
Re: Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor by Fhemmmy: 8:33pm On Feb 24, 2010
Lol . . . The guy was just being a gentleman, i beg let us cut him some slack jare
Re: Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor by MrCrackles(m): 8:33pm On Feb 24, 2010
It baffles me how some people seem to think Goodluck Jonathan will save Nigeria. . . .
Ati Goodluck oo, At Yaradunce, we dont need anyone of them!
They are both dumb fu/ck chumps!!!! angry
Re: Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor by MrCrackles(m): 8:35pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . . The guy was just being a gentleman, i beg let us cut him some slack jare
Nigeria cant afford to cut incompetent and clueless dimwits parading themselves as leaders, some slack!
The time is just not there to [i]faff [/i]about. . .
You display your competence by doing a good job or piss off. . . .It is what it is!
Re: Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor by Ibime(m): 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2010
Blacksta, lets have some perspective here. . . there is nothing "dud" about Jonathans actions. . . as we speak, Northern military men surround Aso Rock and the Presidential seat. . . Jonathan cannot even leave his residence. . . a military/civilian coup is taking place right now.
Re: Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 24, 2010
is the office of president going to close permanently after this saga?

likely enough to be true anyway.
Re: Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor by blacksta(m): 8:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
Where  is Mikeansy -   The guy told me to shut up when i raised the alarm about my reserved expecatations
Re: Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor by Fhemmmy: 8:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
He might be slow, but trust me, most of us would have acted slow too, cos with the situation surrounding making him the Acting President, i think he needed to step with care
Re: Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor by otawa: 8:52pm On Feb 24, 2010
He might be slow, but trust me, most of us would have acted slow too, cos with the situation surrounding making him the Acting President, i think he needed to step with care

Yep. Goodluck allowed himself to be used by the Governors so they can share the $2billion windfall.

The objective has been achieved. They dont need him anymore.

GoodLuck should never have accepted to be acting without demanding as sign of 'Political Respect' to talk to his Boss.

The same Governors know that Nigeria can only have one President at a time. Goodluck only have himself to blame.
Re: Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor by Fhemmmy: 8:55pm On Feb 24, 2010
^^^ I really feel for the guy too
Re: Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 24, 2010
they were sharing a $2 billion windfall?

did the faceless marabouts disturbing everybody with their Fashola fixation also get their own share?

eg forpeace and the rest of his employers cronies.

fhemmy refuses to comment on that- interesting!!! If na Fashola thread im go ask for accountability.

na today naija be like this?
Re: Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor by bawomolo(m): 9:04pm On Feb 24, 2010
Ibime:

Blacksta, lets have some perspective here. . . there is nothing "dud" about Jonathans actions. . . as we speak, Northern military men surround Aso Rock and the Presidential seat. . . Jonathan cannot even leave his residence. . . a military/civilian coup is taking place right now.

confirmed or rumor?
Re: Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor by Fhemmmy: 9:07pm On Feb 24, 2010
tpia.:

they were sharing a $2 billion windfall?

did the faceless marabouts disturbing everybody with their Fashola fixation also get their own share?

eg forpeace and the rest of his employers cronies.

fhemmy refuses to comment on that- interesting!!! If na Fashola thread im go ask for accountability.

na today naija be like this?

What else is there to complain on . . . . . I think Jonathan has tried, he has shown that he is a gentle man and not all those that comes to power or come close to power are crazy about it, i am sure many other people would have been doing a lot of damage as soon as they smell power, but he has acted gentle and allow the law to take care of things.
People says he is slow and all that and yet he fired the Anaconda (Lol) He is an acting and now the real presido is back and a new song is about to debut, what else do u expect from him.
I dont hate Fashola, just expected more from him, that is all
Re: Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor by mogentle(m): 9:38am On Feb 25, 2010
It is not enough to be called a 'president' whether acting or the real thing.
It requires for you to be on top of events.
How can a security detail prevent Goodluck from sitting on a chair, or how can the SSS go ahead to search his office.
If he knows nothing about power, at least he should align himself with those who know and are sympathetic to his cause. angry angry angry
Re: Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor by blacksta(m): 5:54pm On Feb 25, 2010
Please stop all these nonsense about turai or Cabals They only exist in your minds - Jonathan is the weak link
Re: Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor by Fhemmmy: 5:56pm On Feb 25, 2010
blacksta:

Please stop all these nonsense about turai or Cabals They only exist in your minds - Jonathan is the weak link

So sad

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Have Right To Protest – Police / Nigeria Arrest Ogbulafor Now, Says Court / President Goodluck's Wife Wins Motorcycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.