Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan (2702 Views)

Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. / George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:13am On Feb 25, 2010
Meanwhile, this week’s Federal Executive Council (FEC) was cancelled by Acting President Jonathan after keeping ministers and cabinet members waiting for more than two hours.

Ministers, who as expected, came early, began waiting before 10.00 a.m., the commencement time of FEC meeting and stayed till 12.15 p.m. when the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mallam Yayale Ahmed, announced the cancellation.

The SGF, who was part of the FEC delegation to Saudi Arabia, walked into the Council Chambers and said, “the acting president has directed me to announce that this council meeting is postponed.

“Accordingly, we are to go back to our offices. A  special meeting with the acting president with all ministers in attendance is being convened by 2.00 p.m. in the acting president’s conference room. Attendance is mandatory. Thank you and God bless,” he concluded.

The meeting was fully attended and the absent ministers were the six sent to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Cabinet members started arriving for the meeting early on Wednesday with some smiling while others wore long faces.

Ministers who are known to be pro-Yar’Adua were once again seen smiling and chatting away after more than two weeks of carrying long faces over apparent loss of influence as a result of the absence of the president.

The acting president was said not to have shown up in his office until afternoon, same with his personal aides, fuelling speculations that he might have decided not to attend the FEC because he was not sure in what capacity he was to attend.

Yar’Adua’s aides became very visible from early in the morning and it was obvious they had taken over from the VP’s men who were nowhere to be seen around the council chambers.

Yar’Adua’s aide-de-camp (ADC), chief security officer (CSO), spokesman and  other aides were running round to put everything in order for the much-expected appearance of the president to chair the FEC meeting but he did not show up.

The Commander-in-Chief’s seat, which was the one meant for the president, remained unoccupied throughout the waiting period. Jonathan had been sitting in it since he was made the acting president, a development which was said to have angered Yar’Adua’s loyalists.

Meanwhile, the plan by the kitchen cabinet of President Yar’Adua to turn Acting President Jonathan into a surrogate was said to have been the major reason Jonathan cancelled the FEC meeting, on Wednesday.

Jonathan, according to sources, insisted that he must hear directly from his boss and cannot take orders by proxy.

The development, which was described as a set-up by government sources, played out when two aides of the ailing president walked to the acting president’s office and told him that the ailing president had asked him to go and lead the FEC meeting of Wednesday.

But Jonathan refused to carry out the said order. He was said to have attempted to reach his boss without success and then communicated to ministers that the FEC meeting had been put off.

He also gave the order that the ministers should meet with him in his office by 2.00 p.m, with the hope that he would have seen Yar’Adua by then.

At the 2.00 p.m meeting with the ministers, Jonathan informed them that with the return of President Yar’Adua, there was the need for him to see him, adding that there could not be two Commander-In-Chief of the armed forces in the country.

Sources said the plan by those who invited Jonathan to lead the FEC before hearing from Yar’Adua was to precipitate crisis at the FEC meeting, such that the scenario would be painted that Yar’Adua’s men and Jonathan’s men were fighting over the control of the presidential seat.

Some diplomatic sources, on Wednesday, said the plot was tantamount to orchestrating an undemocratic move as a result of the said scuffle which might have occurred.

“They wanted to precipitate a crisis to create the scenario that the two leaders were fighting over the president’s seat. That could be very dangerous for the survival of Nigeria’s democracy,” the source said.

Another source said Jonathan, who had read a book on the gang of four, which ruled China by proxy while Chairman Mao was sick, would not want to be a victim of “the president said.”

“When the two presidential aides came to the acting president to tell him that the ailing president said he should lead the FEC, they did not know that the man has read the Gang of Four written on the activities of the group of four who ruled China by proxy when Chairman Mao in China was sick. He did not want to do anything without hearing from his boss,” the source said.

Sources also said what happened in Nigeria, early on Wednesday, was near military takeover, as the powers of the acting president and Commander-In-Chief were breached when some persons deployed soldiers without informing Jonathan.

There was said to be confusion as to who deployed the soldiers between the Chief of Army Staff and the Chief of Defence Staff, but sources said men of the 4th Battalion of Nigerian Army, as well as the  Guards of the Brigade Garrison, were deployed and armed without informing the acting Commander-in-Chief.

“That is what happened, but it is never done. If there is a Commander-In-Chief, it is through that hierarchy that orders can be given. Over 25 vehicles were used to convey troops numbering over 300 men.

“At the airport, they sealed off the place and took over the whole international wing. All roads leading from the airport to the Presidential Villa were blocked with soldiers manning every 100 metres. They drove away journalists and protocol men from the presidential wing,” a source said.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/1819-i-ll-take-over-when-i-recover-fully-yaradua-refers-to-jonathan-as-vice-president-jonathan-wont-be-surrogate-president.html
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by MrCrackles(m): 12:20am On Feb 25, 2010
Surrogate president shocked grin grin
Serious stuff. . . .
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by agabaI23(m): 12:20am On Feb 25, 2010
That is very interesting.
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by Pharoh: 12:22am On Feb 25, 2010
This is what we need from him.
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by netotse(m): 12:40am On Feb 25, 2010
men the politicking is becoming advanced o
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by mamagee3(f): 12:50am On Feb 25, 2010
Nigeria is in trouble, Even a president
can't use a proper Vocabulary, Surrogate President. . .
Since when did presidents become biological and surrogate
?
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by naso2(m): 12:58am On Feb 25, 2010
I said it before, the real game just started. The coaches behind the scene have started working.
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by naso2(m): 1:08am On Feb 25, 2010
mama-gee:

?

Madam English mistress abeg face front. You are both ignorant and arrogant. Thank God say u no sabi pass dis, people for no hear word.

Surrogate(stand-in,proxy,deputy . , , )
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by irohadis: 1:19am On Feb 25, 2010
Well said. All this I too sabi people sef!
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by CyberG: 1:23am On Feb 25, 2010
mama-gee:

?

Empty garawa, gorodomu, agaba ofifo. . .LOL grin grin grin

Abegi Engrish mistress. . .make we hear word! (See more info below)

mama-gee:

?
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by netotse(m): 1:24am On Feb 25, 2010
na_so:

Madam English mistress abeg face front. You are both ignorant and arrogant. Thank God say u no sabi pass dis, people for no hear word.

Surrogate(stand-in,proxy,deputy . , , )
kai. . .that was bloody
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by 0hsisi: 1:27am On Feb 25, 2010
He needs to grow some backbone
He should start by firing any and every pro Yaradua minister
retire any and every pro yaradua high ranking officer
that is the next step he must take [size=24pt]NOW[/size]

If I were Mrs Goodluck,things would have progressed fast
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by MrCrackles(m): 1:27am On Feb 25, 2010
See ya slaughtered Mama-gee. . . . grin grin grin

Mama-gee you sef shut up at times, you dont have to post everywhere!!! wink
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by MrCrackles(m): 1:29am On Feb 25, 2010
0hsisi:

And you think he can do that
Jonathan is a clueless dimwit. . .
Yaradua and Jonathan should get lost and free up the space for a competent duo to take over!!
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by OgidiBoy(m): 1:31am On Feb 25, 2010
0hsisi:

Easier said than done, and you think the northerner will just sit  with their arms folded while Jonathan fires these pro Yaradua ministers.
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by MrCrackles(m): 1:34am On Feb 25, 2010
mama-gee:

Are you under the influence of Arrow-ism?
YES. . . . Now go to bed!!!
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by 0hsisi: 1:35am On Feb 25, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Easier said than done, and you think the northerner will just sit  with their arms folded while Jonathan fires these pro Yaradua ministers.

That is the same timidity and fear of the north that has crippled that nation
what will they do?
unleash their almajiri to southerners?
OBJ took care of every high ranking officer he didn;t like and reshuffled cabinet at will
Good luck can do same
he needs to do it
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by mamagee3(f): 1:35am On Feb 25, 2010
MrCrackles:

YES. . . . Now go to bed!!!

Okay, I'll use you to fill my bucket full of twats. cool
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by 0hsisi: 1:36am On Feb 25, 2010
MrCrackles:

And you think he can do that
Jonathan is a clueless dimwit. . .
Yaradua and Jonathan should get lost and free up the space for a competent duo to take over!!

He can do it
he has the power to do it
will he do it is the question?
He'll be a fool trying to govern with known enemies around him
no one does that
not even in America
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by mamagee3(f): 1:37am On Feb 25, 2010
0hsisi:

He can do it
he has the power to do it
will he do it is the question?
He'll be a fool trying to govern with known enemies around him
no one does that
not even in America

Abeg,stop singing the poem of hope
Jonathan can't do anything.
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by Nobody: 1:38am On Feb 25, 2010
" grin
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by 0hsisi: 1:38am On Feb 25, 2010
mama-gee:

Abeg,stop singing the poem of hope
Jonathan can't do anything.

The earlier posters have already diagnosed your ailment
no comments
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by MrCrackles(m): 1:39am On Feb 25, 2010
0hsisi:

no comments
grin grin grin
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by mamagee3(f): 1:40am On Feb 25, 2010
0hsisi:

no comments

Yeah, diagnosis of putting twats in their place. . .
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by 0hsisi: 1:41am On Feb 25, 2010
MrCrackles:

grin grin grin

You know there's a way you have to take style to call craze woman craze woman
before she comots her clothes and enters ogbete main market
then everyone will blame you
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by OgidiBoy(m): 1:41am On Feb 25, 2010
0hsisi:

That is the same timidity and fear of the north that has crippled that nation
what will they do?
unleash their almajiri to southerners?
OBJ took care of every high ranking officer he didn;t like and reshuffled cabinet at will
Good luck can do same
he needs to do it

That's just what's going to happen, they will unleash their almajiri, and guess who suffers, the poor Igbo man in Sabon Garri Kano and Jos Plateau State.
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by 0hsisi: 1:43am On Feb 25, 2010
OgidiBoy:

That's just what's going to happen, they will unleash their almajiri, and guess who suffers, the poor Igbo man in Sabon Garri Kano and Jos Plateau State.

since yaradeath has been presido,have they not been killing Igbos
what's new?

Is it today we started seeing awusa with bow and arrow?
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by OgidiBoy(m): 1:45am On Feb 25, 2010
0hsisi:

since yaradeath has been presido,have they not been killing Igbos
what's new?

Is it today we started seeing awusa with bow and arrow?

My dear you right on the money on that one. grin grin grin grin
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by 0hsisi: 1:48am On Feb 25, 2010
OgidiBoy:

My dear you right on the money on that one. grin grin grin grin

You know during the last Jos riot,my aunt's brand new house that her son built her was razed down to the ground in Jos with everything the woman owned.
It's a miracle she escaped alive
The woman has finally moved down to the east after over 45 years of living in Jos
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by Nobody: 1:53am On Feb 25, 2010
onye ghi ihe ha ge me . . . . nothing dey shele

Jonathan should just sack the arrow heads selectively. Send NSA and Economic adviser home and get CDS to place Army survellance on them. This drama will just fizzle out into thin air. In fact they will spend more time fighting to regain their personal fundamental right to freedom than causing havoc on national level.

Over time you sack ministers based on performance.
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by OgidiBoy(m): 1:57am On Feb 25, 2010
0hsisi:

You know during the last Jos riot,my aunt's brand new house that her son built her was razed down to the ground in Jos with everything the woman owned.
It's a miracle she escaped alive
The woman has finally moved down to the east after over 45 years of living in Jos

That's sad, a lot of our family friends in Bukuru a small town outside Jos also lost their houses too. I just think it's time Igbos start going home and develop their towns instead of developing the north and have them burn it down.
Re: I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan by violent(m): 2:06am On Feb 25, 2010
All na army arrangement! grin

[flash=535,325]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/URRtk4OQCY4&feature=related[/flash]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Wife Wades Into Enugu Pdp Crisis / Amechi, Your Wife Was "Stoned" At Mile 3 Market, Did It Stop You From Stealing? / Papa Oritsejafor: The Spoilt Child Of A Religious Nation.by Imoh David.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.