Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn (1818 Views)

Nigerian Ex-president Stole $2 Billion Via Fake Arms Deals- Japan Times / Don’t Castigate America, Don’t Criticize Obama / Chibok: ‘it’s Very Easy To Criticize Jonathan Without All The Details’ – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by Afromalaika(m): 1:41am On Nov 15, 2014
Former President George W. Bush has a simple explanation for why he almost never criticizes his successor: He feels it undermines the office of the presidency.

In an interview that aired Thursday night on Fox News' "Hannity," Bush insisted he would not attack President Barack Obama even though he continued to have strong opinions about national politics.

"I don't think it's good for the country to have a former president undermine a current president; I think it's bad for the presidency for that matter," Bush said, according to video posted by Mediaite.

Bush, who is promoting his book about his father (former President George H.W. Bush), "41: A Portrait of My Father," also said he had no interest in generating headlines for himself after serving in the country's highest office for eight years.

"Secondly, I really have had all the fame I want," he added. "I really don't long for publicity. And the truth the matter is in order for me to generate publicity ... I'd have to either attack the Republican Party, which I don't want to do, or attack the president, which I don't want to do. And so I'm perfectly content to be out of the limelight."

Though Bush has avoided criticizing the Obama administration, the same can't be said for his former vice president, Dick Cheney, who has repeatedly skewered Obama. Among other things, Cheney called Obama the "worst president of my lifetime."

4 Likes

Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by naijaking1: 1:47am On Nov 15, 2014
Is OBJ listening

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by lilprinze: 2:27am On Nov 15, 2014
I hope Buhari and tinubu are listening cause all they do is to criticize GEJ and PDP

4 Likes

Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by eagleae7(m): 2:58am On Nov 15, 2014
Can Nigerian Politicians emulate this
instead they'll try to make d country ungovernable wif their "born to rule mentality"
We need a change of mental reasoning

5 Likes

Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by kingphilip(m): 3:47am On Nov 15, 2014
"I don't think it's good for the country to have a
former president undermine a current president; I
think it's bad for the presidency for that matter,"
Bush said, according to video posted by Mediaite.

the above is word that ought to be adhered to.. we can just learn from the above but if you feel he isn't doing right why not write him secretly instead of going on air or in print media pointing out his supposed flaws with little or no solutions accompanying it

3 Likes

Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by ayobase(m): 4:35am On Nov 15, 2014
what do we expect from Dick!

1 Like

Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by Amanwulu1(m): 4:50am On Nov 15, 2014
A man of honour wit a functioning brain n not a jealous saddist.

4 Likes

Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by brainpower(m): 5:31am On Nov 15, 2014
He made a point which is that he has had his fame, he doesn't want power, he is retired from active politics. Look at the likes of IBB, he has retired from active politics and therefore isn't making to much noise. The people criticizing and undermining are tthose that are still power hungry e.g OBJ. They don't have the interest of Nigerians at heart, all they want is power. But they can continue to do so. GEJ has his own cabals working with him and whenever he leaves office, this cabal will also give any govt that comes after hell except they are working with him. We don't have patriotic politicans what we have is a bunch of selfish men. The worst of them all are the NGOs and so called human right activists who let themselves to be used.

2 Likes

Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by musiwa95: 6:16am On Nov 15, 2014
Come back to the topic. I understand embarassed better if you explain
Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by timawoku(m): 6:23am On Nov 15, 2014
ayobase:
what do we expect from Dick!
I was thinking the same thing you know...
Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by donmalcolm21(m): 6:58am On Nov 15, 2014
lilprinze:
I hope Buhari and tinubu are listening cause all they do is to criticize GEJ and PDP
did you just mention Tinubu and a higher political office, Tinubu has not contested any National office.
Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by titoetal(m): 7:24am On Nov 15, 2014
Tell them o.
Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by titoetal(m): 7:27am On Nov 15, 2014
A perfect example of Bush's description is the ever meek Alh Aliyu Shehu Shagari. Hardly seen and heard even. Who else can I add to this description?
Am not against criticism. However, he who criticises others negatively without acknowledging a pinch of good deed from that fellow is assuming himself a perfect being.
Most of our elders are not showing us good example. Confirming the Igbo adage; “Nne Ewu na-ata agbara, Nwa ya a na-ene ya anya n'onu”. As the she goat eats grass, the baby goat watches its mouth.

1 Like

Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by lilprinze: 7:48am On Nov 15, 2014
donmalcolm21:
did you just mention Tinubu and a higher political office, Tinubu has not contested any National office.
he hasn't contested for any national office but he was a former governor which makes him a former leader yet he criticizes GEJ, PDP and FG as if did better than them when he was in office.

1 Like

Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by joseph1832(m): 8:17am On Nov 15, 2014
If George W. Bush had been a Nigerian, he would have criticized this administration.

Do you guys think former american presidents will keep mute when americans are being bombed and slaughtered in thousands?.
Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 15, 2014
titoetal:
A perfect example of Bush's description is the ever meek Alh Aliyu Shehu Shagari. Hardly seen and heard even. Who else can I add to this description?
Am not against criticism. However, he who criticises others negatively without acknowledging a pinch of good deed from that fellow is assuming himself a perfect being.
Most of our elders are not showing us good example. Confirming the Igbo adage; “Nne Ewu na-ata agbara, Nwa ya a na-ene ya anya n'onu”. As the she goat eats grass, the baby goat watches its mouth.

Even General Yakubu 'Jack' Gowon. . . Easily my favourite ex Head of State. Gowon and Shagari are extremely dignified statesmen who are worthy of respect. Not an obstreperous, attention-seeking, lousy creature like Obasanjo.

2 Likes

Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by titoetal(m): 10:10am On Nov 15, 2014
pro01:

Even General Yakubu 'Jack' Gowon. . . Easily my favourite ex Head of State. Gowon and Shagari are extremely dignified statesmen who are worthy of respect. Not an obstreperous, attention-seeking, lousy creature like Obasanjo.

Thanks bros.
Gen Yakubu Gowon was actually the one I omitted and intended others to add like you rightly did. I agree with you 101%.
They're good examples to emulate even though no one is perfect. The eyes eat before the mouth.
Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:13am On Nov 15, 2014
Sometimes the best way to DIVERT ATTENTION from your (TINUBU, OBJ e.t.c) ERRORS/FLAWS is by beaming the searchlight on SOMEONE ELSE'S (G.E.J) faults.
Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:18am On Nov 15, 2014
That's his own opinion.
How won't u talk when u see someone doing it wrong...

Clinton criticized bush, and that ain't a big deal...
Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:22am On Nov 15, 2014
joseph1832:
If George W. Bush had been a Nigerian, he would have criticized this administration.

Do you guys think former american presidents will keep mute when americans are being bombed and slaughtered in thousands?.

don't mind the BUSH...
Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by MisterLongman(m): 10:50am On Nov 15, 2014
That quote is not applicable in the nigerian political atmosphere....... If you keep quiet for long, you will be taken for a ride
Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by emmanuel4758(m): 10:59am On Nov 15, 2014
joseph1832:

nansense
Re: George W. Bush: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama-nigerian Ex Should Learn by emmanuel4758(m): 11:00am On Nov 15, 2014
MisterLongman:
That quote is not applicable in the nigerian political atmosphere....... If you keep quiet for long, you will be taken for a ride
nansense

(1) (Reply)

Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). / PDP Using Buhari To Campaign! / Presidential Election Of FEBUHARI 14 May Look Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.