Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:22 PM

Ekiti 2018: PDP Rejects Fayose’s Candidate, Adopts Deputy Governor, Olusola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti 2018: PDP Rejects Fayose’s Candidate, Adopts Deputy Governor, Olusola (836 Views)

Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) / Segun Oni Rejects Fayose’s Car Gift — Aide Reveals Why / Makanjuola Ogundipe's South-West PDP Rejects Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti 2018: PDP Rejects Fayose’s Candidate, Adopts Deputy Governor, Olusola by MrRationaL(m): 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2017
New Telegraph has reported that major stakeholders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday rejected the Governor Fayose candidate and adopted his deputy, Prof Kolapo Olusola, as the party’s candidate for the 2018 governorship election.
The newspaper claimed that the governor had earlier favoured Kayode Oso, his former work’s commissioner as his possible successor for the race to the State House come 2018.
The paper quoted Fayose to have said that:“If I were asked to pick a candidate to succeed me, I would have picked Kayode Oso straight off. But I have called him into the room and told him to allow me seek God’s consent concerning it. I have called my deputy, Prof. Kolapo Olusola, I have also called Bisi Omoyeni into the room and asked them to allow me seek God’s consent. Whoever God chooses, we will support among the aspirants."
Going further, the report said the deputy governor was adopted at a meeting attended by 177 councilors, 177 ward chairmen, 16 Local Government party chairmen, 16 local council chairmen, chairmen and members of Boards and Parastatals, State Executive Council, Ekiti State House of Assembly members, serving and former members of the PDP working committee, former deputy governor, among others.
RationalTV..com had earlier reported controversial Ekiti state governor endorsed Professor Kolapo Olusola Elekaas his preferred candidate for next gubernatorial election in Ekiti.
Sunshine Anifowoshe, the personal assistant to the governor made this known on his Facebook page on Wednesday, September 6.
Cc

Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Mynd44
Source: http://RationalTV..in/2017/09/rationaltv-ekiti-2018-pdp-rejects.html

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Rejects Fayose’s Candidate, Adopts Deputy Governor, Olusola by ojobekehinde: 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2017
APC is pained,lies as usual.oya BMC over to u.
Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Rejects Fayose’s Candidate, Adopts Deputy Governor, Olusola by yarimo(m): 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2017
Mtcheeew as if PDP is still a party undecided
Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Rejects Fayose’s Candidate, Adopts Deputy Governor, Olusola by madridguy(m): 6:34pm On Sep 07, 2017
grin

(1) (Reply)

Falana Blasts FG Over Invasion Of Kanu's Home By Security Operatives / Biafra: Northern Leaders React To Army’s Siege On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB / Too Many Rumours; What Exactly Is The Current Situation In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.