Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement (2337 Views)

Presidency Summons Matawalle Over Insecurity In Zamfara / Senate Summons Buhari Over Benue Killings / I Am Not Following Atiku To PDP - Bindow, Adamawa State Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by Mrrationalshop: 6:30pm On Sep 07, 2017
The presidency has summoned the minister of women affairs, Aisha Alhassan, to Aso Rock a day after her reported endorsement of Atiku Abubakar for president in 2019 became public.
According to the Sun, the summon may be connected to her comments on Wednesday, September 6, where she reportedly said even if President Buhari decides to re-contest in 2019, she would still support Atiku.
RationalTV..com had reported that Alhassan in an interview with the BBC Hausa, Alhassan explainedthat the former vice president is her ‘godfather’, and that is why she supports him.
Meanwhile, Aisha Alhassan’s reported endorsement of Abubakar has sparked disquiet among ministers who fear her comment could hasten cabinet reshuffle.
The Nation reports that most cabinet members were shocked by their colleague's comment.
While some said it was typical of the minister, others said it showed her disloyalty.
One minister who spoke on the condition of anonymity said: “Some of us called her when the video went viral and she confirmed the comments attributed to her.
“To me, I think it is like passing a vote of no confidence on your boss. I think it is untidy to write off your boss as incompetent to continue in office.”
Another cabinet member said:“I am not surprised; it is typical of the Minister of Women Affairs. But the ideal thing is to leave and pursue your career. This development might affect our unity in the cabinet. Some will certainly not trust her again.”
However, the All Progressives Congress (APC) youthshave thrown their weight behind Aisha Alhassan saying she has the right to support her godfather, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.
In reaction, APC youths said she has every right to support her godfather as President Muhammadu Buhari has not declared his intention.
In a statement signed by its national secretary, Collins Edwin, the APC Youths Renaissance group said that Mrs Alhassan was right to her benefactor
The group said the minister has not been found wanting in her duty as minister and warned against people trying to divide the party.
Cc

Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Mynd44
Source: http://RationalTV..in/2017/09/rationaltv-presidency-summons-buharis.html

1 Like

Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by SalamRushdie: 6:34pm On Sep 07, 2017
Instead of Summoning the power minister to ask him why 80 percent of Nigerians still suffer over epileptic electricity , instead of summoning the works minister to ask him why many Nigerian road are still so bad , instead of summoning the finance team to ask them why the Naira is still performing badly , instead the Service chief to ask them why Boko Haram is still on rampage , instead of summoning the IG of police to ask him why the crime rates have suddenly skyrocketed, instead of Summining the EFCC boss to ask him why he hasn't scored a single prosecution against state looters, instead summoning state governors who collected bail out and Paris refund yet refused to pay workers salaries, instead of summoning Buratai to ask him to teach us all how to save our salaries so we can buy houses in Dubai this failed presidency has instead opted to invite a woman minister sharply over a political comment she made and has explained why she made it ..Ladies and gentlemen this is another evidence that Buhari doesn't care about your welfare but his own political welfare which explains why he suddenly turned Baba speed speed as against the usual baba go slow when it came to summoning Mama Taraba when it had to do with his political future

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by Beress(m): 6:36pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ok
Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by DanseMacabre(m): 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2017
Only in APC. Always Progressing Catastrophes.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by Omeokachie: 6:39pm On Sep 07, 2017
In Babachir's voice...

Who is presidency?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by mynd1(f): 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2017
This is not necessary!
God bless Mr president
God bless Nigeria
Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by lafuria1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2017
Fake news.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by PehaKaso: 6:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by yarimo(m): 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2017
Another DORA AKUNYELE

1 Like

Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by PrinceFromDilli(m): 7:07pm On Sep 07, 2017
You have to be mad and rugged to succeed in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by Neminc: 7:21pm On Sep 07, 2017
Create a new portfolio for her. Minister for Rat eradication
Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by Mrrationalshop1: 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2017
lafuria1:
Fake news.
Thomas Biko google it

1 Like

Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by Nutase: 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2017
Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by rose54321: 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2017
Though I'm not a fan of the current administration, it's entirely wrong for a serving minister to publicly endorse another candidate while still serving under the current administration.

Theres so much work to be done in the Ministry of Women's affairs, so I wonder how she has time for frivolities.

This just makes one question her loyalty and if I was in charge she would be queried..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2017
Only the fearless can speak out

1 Like

Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by HoluwarTohbar(f): 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2017
The implosion has begun! The drama go sweet die! grin

Last year, I was speaking to my good friend the late Alhaji Raji on the imminent implosion of his party The APC, seeing how Buhari has humiliated his benefactor Tinubu, Alhaji looked at me sternly and sadly before declaring " you want an implosion right? You will get it but not now"

Today it has begun! But my good friend is not alive to witness it! RIP Alhaji! Sun re o!
Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by swagagolic01(m): 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2017
No1 wants to be identified with a failure
Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by HoluwarTohbar(f): 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2017
Keneking:
Only the fearless can speak out
Just as Nnamdi Kanu has steered the awakening of right thinking Nigerians even with his crude methods which by the way is the only option he had, so has Mama T and her Godfather opened a can of worms for the APC!

Tinubu is next in line!

Followed by Saraki!

Then Kwankwaso!

Then the Lizard of Ubima!

Finally, Buhari should sack that woman as a matter of urgency! grin

Nonsense! grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
cool

Would've called this an act of bravery ,but then she's just a smart woman exhibiting typical survival instincts played out by every politician alive... Buhari ain't returning, she can't be fired either, her next ministerial position is secured by this open declaration.

But then 2019 is full of uncertainties....
Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by EYIBLESSN(m): 5:17am On Sep 08, 2017
The woman deserves a national medals of honour. I have not seen even a single head in this administration as brave as she is. The coward in charge will be told to react.

Everybody becomes silent since the inception of this administration.
Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by onward4life(m): 6:05am On Sep 08, 2017
DanseMacabre:
Only in APC. Always Progressing Catastrophes.

Producing not progressing

There is a difference!
Re: Presidency Summons Buhari’s Minister To Aso Rock Following Atiku’s Endorsement by obonujoker(m): 6:43am On Sep 08, 2017
mynd1:
This is not necessary!

God bless Mr president

God bless Nigeria

I know you are tired of supporting baba, buh you don't have choice... even your sister, modaft has run away..... grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! / UNDERCOVER: In Ebonyi, Orphans And Little Kids Are Mining In The Pits Of Death / 10 Things Nigerians Would Learn After Buhari's Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.