Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,444 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

The Effects Of A Curse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Effects Of A Curse (384 Views)

Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse / Father Mbaka’s Curse On Bishop Obinna And Okorocha Has Come To Pass / My Grandfather Was A Native Doctor: Is The Generational Curse Phenomenon True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Effects Of A Curse by kpakpandoN(m): 7:39am On Sep 08, 2017
From Judges 9:16-24, the effects of a curse are glaring and obvious. Jotham was a son of Gideon who escaped the murderous rampage of his brother Abimelech. After Abimelech had killed seventy of his brothers, Jotham stood and placed a curse on him and the men of Shechem who conspired with Abimelech to carry out this evil act. Three years after this curse was pronounced, God sent an evil spirit to bring about the fulfilment of the curse. In the process of this curse being fulfilled, so many terrible things happened. Land and property were destroyed, a large part of the population was annihilated and ultimately, the cursed Abimelech died. May you never come under a curse! And if you are already under any curse, it is broken today in Jesus’ Name! Let me tell you a story I heard when I was very young. An old man met a bubbling young man on his way to the farm one day. Being advanced in age, the old man was bent, used a walking stick and limped slightly. Seeing this old man, the young man began to laugh at him; so the old man asked him what he did to deserve such ridicule. “Why shouldn’t I laugh? What can you do?” the young man asked, and the old man replied, “I know I am too feeble to run after you or fight you, but the basket is never satisfied with water”, and then he went on his way. Suddenly, a strong thirst gripped the young man. He dashed to the first hut and asked for water. After drinking so much, he continued his journey. Not long after, he became thirsty again. He stopped at the second hut and drank so much water. Thereafter, he returned to the first hut to ask for some more water, and the people there discerned that something was definitely wrong with him. “What is wrong with you?”, they asked. He told them, “One old man said to me, “The basket is never satisfied with water”. “Really, can you describe this old man?” He did, and they accompanied him to search for the old man, until they found him and begged for his forgiveness. This old man gave in, and then pronounced, “Alright, from now on you cease to be the basket, and you will begin to have satisfaction.” That was how the young man was delivered from the strange thirst.

Do everything possible to avoid being cursed by God. If a curse from a fellow man can be disastrous, how would a curse from God be? If your biological father curses you, you can run to your spiritual father or pastor, who has spiritual authority over you, and he can cancel it. If your pastor curses you, you can run to the general overseer set over him, and he can cancel it; though he will also demand that you restitute your ways. However, if God curses you, to whom will you run? 
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Re: The Effects Of A Curse by paiz: 7:46am On Sep 08, 2017
That is today's topic from open heaven. I and my family studied it this morning. so wonderful

1 Like

Re: The Effects Of A Curse by Virgo01(m): 8:01am On Sep 08, 2017
God Curses?

(1) (Reply)

Should A Christian Participate In Politics If It Will Make Nigeria Better Again? / Pastor Plead With Me To Stop Cooking On Sunday Morning. / Does Your Personal Believe Match Your Current Religion, Find Out With This Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.