Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Oyegun Speaks On When Buhari Will Announce 2019 Decision - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyegun Speaks On When Buhari Will Announce 2019 Decision (418 Views)

Junaid Mohammed: Emir Sanusi Asked To Be Osinbajo’s VP When Buhari Was Sick / 2019 Election: Oyegun Speaks On Dumping APC / APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyegun Speaks On When Buhari Will Announce 2019 Decision by AnotherZik: 10:57am On Sep 08, 2017
BEVERLY HILLS, September 07, (THEWILL) – The National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, on Thursday declared that the decision as to whether to seek a second term in office or not is for President Muhammadu Buhari to decide, adding that the President will make his intention known at the appropriate time.

The Minister of Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan recently disclosed that Buhari had before the 2015 election, told the leadership of the APC that he was only going to run for a single term to clean up the mess of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

“In 2014/2015 he said he was going to run for only one time to clean up the mess that the (previous) PDP government did in Nigeria. And I took him for his word that he is not contesting in 2019,” the ex-APC official said, adding that she would resign as minister once Buhari declares for second term.

But addressing newsmen in Benin, the Edo state capital, Oyegun said, “The decision, whether our President will run for a second term, is a decision only President Buhari can make, and he will make it at the proper time. At the proper time, he will decide, and at the proper time, the APC will decide and the public will know.”

“For now, he (Buhari) still has nearly two years of painful, strenuous reconstruction of the Nigerian economy and all the other promises he made both in anti-corruption and on security is still serious work in progress.”

The APC national chairman further pointed out that one of the greatest achievements of the Buhari-led administration was bringing Nigeria out of recession as recently declared by the National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, assuring that more progress would be recorded before the 2019 presidential election.

On the threat by the opposition PDP to reclaim power from the APC in 2019, he said, “They are allowed to continue on their dreams, they are just coming out from intensive care unit. So they need a lot of nurturing, so this is good for their ego.”

http://thewillnigeria.com/news/apc-chair-oyegun-speaks-on-when-buhari-will-announce-2019-decision/
Re: Oyegun Speaks On When Buhari Will Announce 2019 Decision by DabuIIIT: 11:05am On Sep 08, 2017
Huge thunda faya them all..especially that demonic vegetable from hell..

I applied for my int'l p'port 1st time sometime 2012 n got same next day...now hav bn trying to get it reissued for weeks,nothing! They keep frustrating nigerians with their useless excuses and polices.. Thunda faya them all..
THUNDA FAYA THAT EVIL VEGETABLE AND HIS BLOODY HATE SPEECH KINIKON,NA HATE SPEECH WE WANT CHOP?
Thunda faya the zombies that brought this evil upon the nation..gambari will rule and chastise them with horsewhip and scorpions for decades..

I hate this zoo of a country with passion..
I regret not dropping off when i had the chance..
What a goddamm zoo.. angry

1 Like

Re: Oyegun Speaks On When Buhari Will Announce 2019 Decision by Paperwhite(m): 11:05am On Sep 08, 2017
[/b]"The APC national chairman further pointed out that one of the greatest achievements of the Buhari-led administration was bringing Nigeria out of recession as recently declared by the National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, assuring that more progress would be recorded before the 2019 presidential election"[b].So coming out of a self-inflicted hardship is now an achievement according to this slowpoke BTW does "coming out of recession" automatically means a better standard of living? Otondo chairman.

2 Likes

Re: Oyegun Speaks On When Buhari Will Announce 2019 Decision by KingBelieve: 11:11am On Sep 08, 2017
I can't wait for his failure when he eventually declares his run for the presidential seat

1 Like

Re: Oyegun Speaks On When Buhari Will Announce 2019 Decision by DabuIIIT: 11:16am On Sep 08, 2017
Oyegun...if not that your late brother,Erha Osas was my dad's beloved friend in Benin sha...well

useless Apc angry

(1) (Reply)

Oyo APC Uncovers Plot To Embarrass Oyo Gov With X - Rated Doctored Video. / Dear Gov.wike, Late Faith Ariwera Chuku; One Death Too Many / [BREAKING] National Assembly Postpones Resumption By One Week.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.