Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,878 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation (17705 Views)

2019 Election: Oyegun Speaks On Dumping APC / PDP Plotted Igbo Hate Song - APC Chairman, Oyegun / Tinubu Did Not Assist Me Into Becoming APC National Chairman – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by Reportmusic(f): 7:32pm On Apr 09, 2018

The National Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, on Monday said disagreements and debates that characterised activities of the party lately were hallmarks of progressive politics.

He stated this at the party´s National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting on Monday in Abuja.

Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari had declared that members of the Odigie-Oyegun led National Working Committee of the APC are not eligible to seek reelection in the forthcoming congresses and national convention of the party.

The News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, quoted Odigie-Oyegun as saying ´´I must say that disagreements, debates and contentions are the hallmarks of progressive politics. Therefore, let no one tell you that our party was about to collapse only because we disagreed.

´´In the past days, I have read news reports and all manner of comments and opinions that have tried to frame the majority decision of NEC as an attempt to primarily secure tenure elongation for Odigie-Oyegun and the NWC.

´´This is quite unfortunate because nothing could be further from the truth.

´´If anything, what our experience in the last few days has confirmed is that we can disagree without being disagreeable, and that our party may be young, but we remain the bastion of progressive politics in Nigeria.´´

He commended Buhari for what he described as “his rare act of graciousness and humility’’.

He said that even after opposing the tenure extension as approved by the party´s NEC, Buhari allowed further consideration on the subject “which proved him to be a true democrat and a genuine party man’’.

According to the national chairman, where the President would have imposed his will, he exhibited true leadership by allowing himself to be open to alternative opinions, regardless of his personal interest.

He added that the party´s strength would continue to rest on its ability to forge consensus even from apparently irreconcilable issues.

Odigie-Oyegun charged members of the party to be ready to accept alternative viewpoints as the President had done, even when such viewpoints did not immediately reflect their preferences.

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/04/09/apc-chairman-oyegun-speaks-on-disagreements-over-his-tenure-elongation/

cc lalasticlala
Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by pode(m): 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2018
And you think this nonsense will hold water?

3 Likes

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by KingsleyBuubba(m): 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
Who gets what, when and how =Politics. PMB is indeed a leader, the problems are the sharks surrounding him.. Despite fear (especially from angle of these sharks) that conducting an elective congress might not be good for the party because of 2019 general election, Buhari still insist the right thing be done.

14 Likes

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by linkers: 9:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
APC is about to disintegrate.Evil party with evil agenda

3 Likes

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by three: 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2018
When APC disintegrates and the opportunity for a fresh start with a new cadre of politicians arises WILL Nigerian's incite in themselves the audacity of hope for a greater future or will they renegotiate for a slightly better mediocre nonsense?

3 Likes

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by Boyooosa(m): 9:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
That was how jona forcefully retired bamanga tukut and this happens...
Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by LibertyRep: 9:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
So the president is the defacto leader of the party
Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by eddyslim(m): 9:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
Oyegun, I guess your time is up

3 Likes

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by ayourbamie: 9:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
What did this man even bring to the table for APC ?

3 Likes

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
That cannot be progressive politics.
Politics of selfish interest is not a progressive one.On what ideology if I may ask?

3 Likes

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by osazeeblue01: 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
next
Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by 01mcfadden(m): 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
Cry me a river.

3 Likes

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by tafabaloo(m): 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
There matter there wahala !
Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by kokozain(m): 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
We are watching in 3d
Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by obi4eze(m): 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
Mscheww

This govt is long gone out of my mind and I know that it will surely manifest in reality.

Let's just get our PVCs and push them out.
Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by Philinho(m): 9:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
Anything that will scatter APC is welcome .bubu.must go

2 Likes

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by san316(m): 9:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
The chairmooo. U can still contest as there will be constitutional waivers for u n ur clique.

Did anyone notice saraki at the NEC meeting? I thought he was plotting to leave APC

1 Like

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by Flashh: 9:18pm On Apr 09, 2018
undecidedundecidedundecided

6 Likes

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:18pm On Apr 09, 2018
This days when I opened trend on politics I just don't know what to say I think am tired of commenting on their matter....... But @ d end "man got 2 accept his fate or be destroyed by it"

3 Likes

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by Robisky001(m): 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
APC that cannot get their house together how do you expect them to fix the country. Mine while, the guy below is doing what he knows best.

1 Like

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by naijjaman(m): 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
Every disagreement in this party is Good for Nigeria

May disintegration and division continue undecided

1 Like

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by Thinkfree(m): 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
Another heartbreaker for the Igbo tel avivs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by chigutz(m): 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
If na PDP dem 4 don decamp finish ndi ofe nmanu party

3 Likes

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by DRgmodabb1990: 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
UP APC FOR EVER
Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2018
A party of 5000 elected officers that cannot interpret it own constitution, how can they interpret the laws and ways of 190+ million citizens for the progress and understanding of all

3 Likes

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by lonelydora: 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2018
Oyegun... Haven't you stolen enough from the coffers of this country? It's better you go home now and enjoy your share of the national cake than being disgraced out of office.

Both you and APC are leaving come 2019.

1 Like

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2018
Family First,Oyegun rreason d word
Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by duwdu: 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2018
Tonymegabush1:
This days when I opened trend on politics I just don't know what to say I think am tired of commenting on their matter....... But @ d end "man got 2 accept his fate or be destroyed by it"

Based on this your comment, I sincerely think you have a chance of living a very long and healthy life.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by anibirelawal(m): 9:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
APC....CHANGE!
Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by ipobarecriminals: 9:38pm On Apr 09, 2018
sad sumbody shud talk to dis baba b4 dey disgrace. nd drag him.Eni awi fun,oba je ki o gbo
Re: APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation by ipobarecriminals: 9:42pm On Apr 09, 2018
cool Give. up baba,give up.It is not ur property.Resign, go home and play with ur G.pikin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay / Army: We Are Now Ready For Criticisms From Nigerians / State Govt To Transform Lagos Into Huge Construction Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.