Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members (12017 Views)

Isa Pantami Shed Tears Over Killings In Northern Nigeria / Protests Rock Kaduna Over Killings (Photos, Video) / Police Arrest Senator Rafiu Ibrahim Over Killings Of 4 People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by sarrki(m): 6:15am On Sep 09, 2017
The South-East Governors’ Forum has refuted reports by an online publication that it had warned the federal government to put a stop to the incessant killings and unlawful imprisonment of innocent members of the Indigenous people of Biafra (IPOB).

The governors condemned the report, describing it as fabricated and false.

In a statement signed by the Director-General and Director, Media and Communication of the forum, Prof. Simon Ortuanya and Micheal Udah, respectively and made available to newsmen in Awka, the forum said no such meeting held in Abakiliki, Ebonyi State as alleged.

It noted that the chairman of the forum under whose instance such meeting could be convened was away when the rumours circulated.

The statement reads: “The attention of the South- East Governors’ Forum has been drawn to false and unfounded news published online by igberetvnews.com to the effect that the South- East Governors did send a strong warning to the Federal Government of Nigeria, urging it to “stop killing IPOB members”.

“According to that report, all Five South-East Governors purportedly met in Abakaliki on Wednesday, September 6, 2017. The story added that His Excellency, Engr. Nweze David Umahi, the Chairman of the Forum addressed the press after the meeting, “calling on the Federal Government to put to a stop the incessant killings, brutal torture and unlawful imprisonment of innocent IPOB members by the military in our region”.

“The report further falsely credited His Excellency, Engr. David Umahi with the claim that ‘the Federal Government is maltreating the region’, while the military and indeed the Chief of Army Staff have rebuffed all the letters which the South-East Governors had written, requesting that the situation be redressed.

“In order to put the record straight, the South-East Governors’ Forum hereby states as follows: There is no iota of truth in every material particular in the said publication. His Excellency, Engr. Nweze David Umahi, , Governor of Ebonyi State and Chairman of South-East Governors’ Forum, is currently out of the country and was not even in Ebonyi State on the said Wednesday, September 6, 2017 when the alleged emergency meeting of South-East Governors purportedly took place.

“No South-East Governor (or their Deputies) attended any meeting, emergency or regular, in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State on the said Wednesday 6lhSeptember, 2017.

“Accordingly the South East Governors condemn in the strongest terms this deliberate falsehood intended to undermine the milestone already recorded in their engagement with IPOB leader, Prince Nnamdi Kanu and the entire leadership of IPOB.

“South-East Governors Forum reaffirms its belief in the amicable resolution of all issues especially as it relates to agitations by IPOB.

“Since no such meeting ever held, it follows that the South-East Governors never at any point in time issued warning to the Federal Government of Nigeria or its agencies; neither did it write any of its military Commands or formations.

“South-East Governors’ Forum therefore urges the Federal Government, its Military commands and formations and indeed the general public to disregard in its entirety and totality the said report as it is untrue and unfounded”.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/south-east-governors-deny-issuing-warning-to-fg-over-killings-of-ipob-members.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by Zeze06(m): 6:17am On Sep 09, 2017
Worthless bastards, useless old men, butt lickers, defenseless cowards....keeping silent in the face of tyranny... cry

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by Homeboiy: 6:20am On Sep 09, 2017
Its a lie
Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by sarrki(m): 6:21am On Sep 09, 2017
For the South east governors knows the truth and only the truth can set them free

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by sarrki(m): 6:21am On Sep 09, 2017
Homeboiy:
Its a lie

Dem don come

N you believe everything you read about pmb online shay ?

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by Homeboiy: 6:23am On Sep 09, 2017
sarrki:

Dem don come
N you believe everything you read about pmb online shay ?

Pmb na person?

31 Likes

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by thunder74(m): 6:25am On Sep 09, 2017
See cowards.... Even if they do, what will happen? They are killing your people, they turned all your streets to check points, deny you of your natural rights and you are here singing ranka de de to the killers. God bless Fayose.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by YOUNGrapha(m): 6:26am On Sep 09, 2017
hmm

this time around igbos are the real cowards!! cry

u maltreats my child I sent a warning through someone (media) u approach me and I denied ever getting fumed about your acts toward my child lipsrsealed

Let linda ikeji early morning urine fall on them kiss

COWARDS!!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by sarrki(m): 6:29am On Sep 09, 2017
thunder74:
See cowards.... Even if they do, what will happen? They are killing your people and you are here singing ranka de de to the killers

Uncle,

Igbos are not their people

5 Likes

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by thunder74(m): 6:36am On Sep 09, 2017
sarrki:

Uncle,

Igbos are not their people

How? Who are they then? Apart from Gov. El Rufai,, did you see any governor denies the Arewa youth even when the whole world condemned the quit notice? That is how to defend your territory.
Even when the abokis killed our people in mile 12 here in Lagos and Ife, remember how Kwankwaso and FG delegates rushed to support their own.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by Nduemma12(m): 6:43am On Sep 09, 2017
Hmmmm all this politifians come let me pray for you
Oya kneel down let me pray for you. Say after me, my father my father, anyway my brain has gone to, come back come back shocked

6 Likes

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by sarrki(m): 6:44am On Sep 09, 2017
thunder74:

How? Who are they then? Apart from Gov. El Rufai,, did you see any governor denies the Arewa youth even when the whole world condemned the quit notice? That is how to defend your territory.
Even when the abokis killed our people in mile 12 here in Lagos and Ife, remember how Kwankwaso and FG delegates rushed to support their own.

Uncle Igbos , boko haram , Niger Delta Avengers, Arewa Youth , Massob , Opc and all other are militia armed group

In other way they are terrorist organization

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by DanseMacabre(m): 6:47am On Sep 09, 2017
Pathetic. And cowardly to go with it. These niggas obviously care for their pockets alone.

Well, waiting for them to debunk this one as well.

5 Likes

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by sarrki(m): 6:48am On Sep 09, 2017
Nduemma12:
Hmmmm all this politifians come let me pray for you
Oya kneel down let me pray for you. Say after me, my father my father, anyway my brain has gone to, come back come back shocked

Igbos needs that prayer right now

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by Josephnice: 6:48am On Sep 09, 2017
YOUNGrapha:
hmm

this time around igbos are the real cowards!! cry

u maltreats my child I sent a warning through someone (media) u approach me and I denied ever getting fumed about your acts toward my child lipsrsealed

Let linda ikeji early morning urine fall on them kiss

COWARDS!!
I was following your comment with ease until I saw that of Linda ikeji. brother Pls we should learn not mock people with their predicaments cus the future is always pregnant and might not find it funny when we are on the receiving side. Pls brother Pls I beg u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by proeast(m): 6:48am On Sep 09, 2017
That is their business, they are nothing but abuja puppets. We have capable people that have taken up the case to the UN. NDI ARA!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by sarrki(m): 6:53am On Sep 09, 2017
proeast:
That is their business, they are nothing but abuja puppets. We have capable people that have taken up the case to the UN. NDI ARA!

You mean capable people like this ?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by jay2pee(m): 7:18am On Sep 09, 2017
I have never seen heartless and selfish cowards like these men

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by Paperwhite(m): 7:19am On Sep 09, 2017
The way the OP carries IPOB matter for head will make a naive fella to think he is doing something worthwhile with his life.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by sarrki(m): 7:20am On Sep 09, 2017
Paperwhite:
The way the OP carries IPOB matter for head will make a naive fella to think he is doing something worthwhile with his life.

Mechonu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by wildchild02: 8:29am On Sep 09, 2017
Better for them
Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 09, 2017
Useless governors

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by madridguy(m): 8:30am On Sep 09, 2017
grin grin

1 Like

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by Balkan(m): 8:32am On Sep 09, 2017
The governors belongs to the califate.
Nnamdi Kanu belongs to the people

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by Antoeni(m): 8:32am On Sep 09, 2017
“In order to put the record straight, the South-East Governors’ Forum hereby states as follows: There is no iota of truth in every material particular in the said publication. His Excellency, Engr. Nweze David Umahi, , Governor of Ebonyi State and Chairman of South-East Governors’ Forum, is currently out of the country and was not even in Ebonyi State on the said Wednesday, September 6, 2017 when the alleged emergency meeting of South-East Governors purportedly took place.

“No South-East Governor (or their Deputies) attended any meeting, emergency or regular, in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State on the said Wednesday 6lhSeptember, 2017.

“Accordingly the South East Governors condemn in the strongest terms this deliberate falsehood intended to undermine the milestone already recorded in their engagement with IPOB leader, Prince Nnamdi Kanu and the entire leadership of IPOB

1 Like

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by Built2last: 8:34am On Sep 09, 2017
Their way

3 Likes

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by ipobarecriminals: 8:35am On Sep 09, 2017
wink grin sad cool grin cool Good for dem.Buratai boiz don land for yonder. Igbos bahave well/operation dancing PIGS loading 80%

1 Like

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by canalily(m): 8:36am On Sep 09, 2017
Heyh! Is this how afraid these governors areundecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by MichaelBlake40: 8:36am On Sep 09, 2017
What do we expect from people interested in how large their bank account is.Failed govs! imagine them denying standing up to FG.Anyway sha i believe dem they lack the liver to do so.

3 Likes

Re: South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members by Edu3Again: 8:37am On Sep 09, 2017
Why I love Nigeria.
In Nigeria the Igbos are hated.
Let them go,No.
Let them remain,No.

Can an igbo man Be president, Never.
Yet they say one Nigeria.

But we shall go in Jesus name.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: APC Not Interested In Igbo Presidency But a Nigerian Presidency - Uzodinma / EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu / Pass Money Laundering Bill, Buhari Tells NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.