Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,044 members, 7,828,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

President Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me – Obasanjo (485 Views)

Buratai: Service Chiefs Have Not Disappointed Nigerians/Buhari / "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN / Buhari Has Not Disappointed — Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me – Obasanjo by Factfinder1(m): 8:52am On Sep 09, 2017
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has said that President Muhammadu Buhari has not disappointed him in areas he is strong in.

The former president speaking in an interview with BBC said President Buhari has performed fairly well in areas of fighting corruption.

He said not everyone would be satisfied with the way President Buhari has gone about it, but he has tackled corruption.

In the area of insurgency, Obasanjo said the president as a former soldier would do his best which he has done.

“But for us to think there was a wall which means the end of Boko Haram, that was a mistake for anyone to think,” Obasanjo said.

He said this is because the remote cause of Boko Haram is under development in the area, lack of employment opportunities, education and infrastructure which has to be addressed.

Obasanjo said unless these issues are addressed and we think there is a lid on Boko Haram, 5 to 10 years from now that lid will be removed.

He said we must make sure we deal with the symptom which is Boko Haram and the disease such as under development, unemployment and lack of education.

On if he would support Buhari in 2019, the former president said we should wait until he declares his intention and if he decides to run again he would take a look at his performance overall and make up his mind.

“I supported him 2 years ago because for me it was any option but Jonathan. I was not happy with his performance and I said it,” he said.

http://ogashub.com.ng/president-buhari-not-disappointed-obasanjo/

Re: President Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me – Obasanjo by OmoOshodi(m): 8:58am On Sep 09, 2017
Old monkey
Re: President Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me – Obasanjo by lomprico(m): 9:01am On Sep 09, 2017
Of course he has not, he is still protecting all ur looted assets and interests.
Re: President Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me – Obasanjo by ehinmowo: 9:02am On Sep 09, 2017
Join cawid.com
Re: President Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me – Obasanjo by Factfinder1(m): 9:15am On Sep 09, 2017
Mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: President Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me – Obasanjo by Mynd44: 9:22am On Sep 09, 2017
Re: President Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me – Obasanjo by Factfinder1(m): 9:26am On Sep 09, 2017
Mynd44:
https://www.nairaland.com/4042163/buhari-not-disappointed-me-obasanjo
This has less contentes I guess I have the full details

(1) (Reply)

Do You Still Want The War? / Nigeria "Northern" Army Committed Genocide In Broad Daylight Against Us. / Just In!!! IPOB Leader's Dad Declared Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.