Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,220 members, 7,953,811 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:09 AM

OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... (18148 Views)

Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid / Man Arrested For Stealing Money From Church Offering Box In Osun State / This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by amazingspiderma: 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
So you cant keep aside 4,000 out of 18,000 for offering.

You just confirmed my suspicion, you are a kid.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by ericmor: 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2017
whitestar01:
see mentality, so you are trading with GOD . You give HIM money HE gives you your desire, ok.

LOL.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by pasol4real(m): 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Giving your girlfriend more than 1,000 naira and spending less for GOD is an insult and disregard to GOD.
It is u who is insulting God by insinuating that God is worth #1000 naira .
Pls God does not need ur money all he needs from is to give from ur heart .
Nothing is too small n nothing is too big in the eyes of the lord .
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by UncleJudax(m): 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Exactly...GOD bless you.... cc lalasticlala and mynd44
You failed to see the sarcasm? Damn! grin
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by forray(m): 5:44pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Doing those things is totally different from offering.... offering money is taking care of the body of christ, which in this case.. "the church".

And who is the Church?
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by superjoe(m): 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2017
sheeple spotted!
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by uboma(m): 6:13pm On Sep 10, 2017
JhyMedex:

I so luv the way ur mind works bruh..

if Jesus were to pay a visit to his supposed church today I bet u say him go miss road..grin..

Cos d church he established n d ethos he espoused r no longer practiced in his church..

jst some bunch of men who elevate demselves above the common man (Sth Jesus tried assignment actively not to do).Sitting on golden chairs, wearing golden chains n gallivanting in private jets .

Let's learn to help pple around n About us more..

We av dis tin my friends n I.. we pool 2geda Some amt of our earnings in a month.. n jst give it to someone in need in d neighbourhood . sometimes we go to hospitals, oda times orphanages etc ..

I'm not saying dis so pple Cld See Me as some gud person.. am jst putting it out dere so odas can see n mayb start sth similar..

Good one.

keep up the good works.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by uboma(m): 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
Ishilove:

Hahaha. Don't you know you are arguing with someone still being fed by his parents? He is also a notorious troll

thanks for dropping by.

how are you doing?
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Ishilove: 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
uboma:

thanks for dropping by.

how are you doing?
I'm fine dear. It's been a while
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Doing those things is totally different from offering.... offering money is taking care of the body of christ, which in this case.. "the church".
And by "the church" you mean those greedy pastors right? Give me a break! Don't go around pointing fingers at people who don't practice Christianity in your own bizarre way, who are you to create a limit about what someone can give. Anyway from your comments its obvious that you are just trying to be mischievous.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by sapientia(m): 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2017
OP.. please.. stop disgracing christianity.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by bwehdoneit(m): 7:06pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Giving your girlfriend more than 1,000 naira and spending less for GOD is an insult and disregard to GOD.
You have not answered the question, what would be the consequences?
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by crownbayo(m): 7:10pm On Sep 10, 2017
how can somebody ll carry his thinking to online about how u can give money to God in this Nigeria for God sake! God only want a cheerful giver, u may be collecting urge salary and be giving everything to God is noting when ur neighbor is hungry. when u understand your bible well how to give, the blessing attach to it you ll see it, not telling people hear the denominations to be give. haaba! let preach about Christ.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by mytym(m): 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
SO many NIGERIA christians are with these mindset of going to church with any amount of cash in their their hands..to use for offering....AS a worker or as an employed human, that receives monthly salaries,, And as a true and a non hypocritical christian, you should be able to put nothing below 1,000 naira every sunday in the offering box. "You cannot spend thousands on drinks, food and recharge cards, including dstv and go tv subscriptions, etc.. without setting outside nothing less than Four thousand naira for the four sundays in a month, just to use as an offering, "note" "this is excluding "tithe" "Putting 100 naira, 500 naira, 50 naira in an offering box shows disrespect and disregard for GOD almighty, for he deserv much more than that.....WE dont have to be christians by mouth making, we need to show it too with our money....i hope you all change for the glory of GOD.

I want to believe you're a comedian.

But you went the extra mile to enbolden your lines to speak in clear terms so I also believe you're speaking from your heart.

Worker or not, your cash offering really is secondary​. What matters is the condition of your heart or your motive for giving.

Clearly you have not retained God in your 'knowledge'. Youre speaking from a debased mind, God has given you over... to do things that are not convenient.

...The scripture says any one who lacks wisdom, let him seek. You are speaking heresy, unfounded gibberish that has no ecclesiastical basis with utter confidence.

It's a pity folks like you will soon be made pastor and establish a church. Blind leading the blind.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Ubenedictus(m): 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2017
indoorscholar:
I think it's wise to put things in perspective. Offering of 1K every week (at d salary of 18k) is unwise because...

Firstly, besides tithing and other offerings, the Israelites had very few thing to pay for. They didn't pay taxes(until the Roman conquest).

Secondly, the Israelites never had to worry about fuel for generator, house rent, NEPA bill, security bill,water bill, kerosene(or gas if you're classy), school fees, taxes(as mentioned previously) etc all costs money and are not free.

Thirdly, tithe was implemented because the tribe of Levi was the only tribe that was not given an inheritance of all the 13 tribes of Israel(13 as the tribe of Joseph branched out into Manassas and Ephraim) and so other tribes had to take care of their needs. However this is not the case in modern church(with the exception of Jehovah's witness).on any given Sunday, the laity would pay in excess of five different offerings even bulletin is not free.

Churches of today own businesses and schools where they charge Nd arm and a leg, so they can't claim to be dependent on the tithe. BTW the Catholic church is worth over 200 billion dollars .
there is no financial entity called the Catholic church, I always laugh when I hear people talking about the worth of the Church. . . it doesn't work like that
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by doris4u(f): 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
Apina:

You are mad, physically and spiritually mad. undecided
grin grin grin Am sure he is one of those men of God that live on people's tithe.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Buksz: 8:24pm On Sep 10, 2017
who posted this, is not a real pastor but if he the please is between offering and tithe which one is found in the Bible?
2. Which one is compulsory for a christian?
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by emmynuelnwatu: 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2017
I think the Christian life itself is an offering. Our consciences need to be without any feeling of compunction when giving offerings. It should be freewill. Any amount that agrees with our heart is okay. God prefers that type of offering than when we give out of a sense of duty or grudgingly. There is no law where love is the outflowing from the heart. Our life whether eating or drinking should be a form of worship to our gracious and loving father.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Toofan007: 9:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
This dude is an attention seeking troll. Guys for just ignore the mumu
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Sammye(m): 10:13pm On Sep 10, 2017
Nobody is going to tell me any amount am going to put in the offering box. My tithe is fix but in offering I ve to be generous. That's all. My generousity fit be 10 naira or 10 thousand, Nothing is too big to offer God nor too small too. That's what Jesus taught. So Mr Op, #ourMumuDonDo
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Coolgent(m): 12:00am On Sep 11, 2017
So they now resort to sending people like op to brain wash us evem here in nairaland!
Donating 1k monthly for my Pastor to.continue enriching himself and flaunting his ill gottwn wealth via social media.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by JhyMedex: 12:19am On Sep 11, 2017
uboma:

Good one.
keep up the good works.
Yes Boss..
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by 0temAtum: 7:41am On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
can't the body of christ take care of itself? I think Christ is in Heaven, let his ghost take care of itself nah
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by 0temAtum: 7:48am On Sep 11, 2017
iamdannyfc:
I am beginning to doubt christianity or i should say the way new century ministers are painting God....
Christianity is the greatest scam I know.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by winternationals(m): 11:00am On Sep 11, 2017
NothingDoMe:
You people have come again. Let everyman give as he is able. Not under compulsion for God loves a cheerful giver. Nawao.

Deuteronomy 16 vs 17
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by HopeAlive16(f): 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
One thing we much understand is that God does not need our #50 or the entire salary to be God. He's God all by Himself.Therefore it is expected we do the right thing,which is giving as it comes from the depth of ur heart,giving cheerfully(2 Corinth 9:6-7).

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected / Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? / Happy 68th Birthday To Bishop David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.