Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,315 members, 7,954,268 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:47 PM

OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... (18155 Views)

Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid / Man Arrested For Stealing Money From Church Offering Box In Osun State / This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by JhyMedex: 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Exactly...GOD bless you.... cc lalasticlala and mynd44
Lol!! so u Cldnt decipher d sarcasm n u tryna tell intelligent pple d amt of money dey r supposed to drop in an offering box?!!
Boss be humble.. n sit down ..!!.

3 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by willibounce1(m): 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
lol what has offering got to do with the homeless, offering money serves its own purpose...

What purpose does offering money serve? do you guys send it to heaven via western union?

3 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
SO many NIGERIA christians are with these mindset of going to church with any amount of cash in their their hands..to use for offering....AS a worker or as an employed human, that receives monthly salaries,, And as a true and a non hypocritical christian, you should be able to put nothing below 1,000 naira every sunday in the offering box. "You cannot spend thousands on drinks, food and recharge cards, including dstv and go tv subscriptions, etc.. without setting outside nothing less than Four thousand naira for the four sundays in a month, just to use as an offering, "note" "this is excluding "tithe" "Putting 100 naira, 500 naira, 50 naira in an offering box shows disrespect and disregard for GOD almighty, for he deserv much more than that.....WE dont have to be christians by mouth making, we need to show it too with our money....i hope you all change for the glory of GOD.
Many your pocket not run dry in Jesus name.
" Lay up not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal".
You just spoke the truth. Am sure many will quote but just ignore the ones you can. Many claiming to be earning less can easily spend on lavish parties yet they expect God to bless them. Inasmuch many lunatic called preachers squand church offerings of which they will punished severely by God, there's no excuse not to give generously to your creator that has given free life. One need to visit the hospital to see things for yourself then they will understand better. It should be noted that giving should come from the heart and should be sincere not compulsion.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by mikolo80: 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2017
uboma:

You are a thief for suggesting that someone who earns just 18k to part with 4k for offering.

So after the offering, this member can die in hunger and lack of adequate medical care while your self acclaimed men of god flaunt their I'll gotten wealth.
don't think you know meaning of ill gotten
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Iamthoney(m): 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
SO many NIGERIA christians are with these mindset of going to church with any amount of cash in their their hands..to use for offering....AS a worker or as an employed human, that receives monthly salaries,, And as a true and a non hypocritical christian, you should be able to put nothing below 1,000 naira every sunday in the offering box. "You cannot spend thousands on drinks, food and recharge cards, including dstv and go tv subscriptions, etc.. without setting outside nothing less than Four thousand naira for the four sundays in a month, just to use as an offering, "note" "this is excluding "tithe" "Putting 100 naira, 500 naira, 50 naira in an offering box shows disrespect and disregard for GOD almighty, for he deserv much more than that.....WE dont have to be christians by mouth making, we need to show it too with our money....i hope you all change for the glory of GOD.
Bros chill jare...how do you expect a man with wife and kids that earns 18k as salary to put 1k as offering? Meanwhile he's got bills to pay like rent, feeding and the kids school fees plus other things from his 18k salary. God no dey complain for wetin we give am the koko na make your heart pure with whatever you dey give cos I believe him sabi everything pass us weda na 1naira abi na 1million him know the person wey him intention good

3 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by femicyrus(m): 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2017
so far on this thread, it seems Nigerians are now wiser and the pastorpreneurs are being frustrated. gone are the days they attach price (1m) to miracles while people rush forward to pay, they then reduce to 500k, 100k, 10k and 1k. while people hustle to be part of it with nothing to show for the effort thereafter. experience they say is the best teacher. Op, I seriously understand your frustration.

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by JhyMedex: 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2017
uboma:

You are so on point Sir.

Let's all contribute towards improving the lives of the less privileged ones around us.

the churches we have today are simply money making ventures. they are profit driven and have completely deviated from true Christianity.

Jesus Christ, while on earth, refused to ride on a Horse (which was a sign of luxury at the time) but preferred to ride on a beast of burden, a Donkey. Jesus Christ only had a pair of sandals during his time.

what do we have today? Fake men of god maintaining luxurious lifestyles and even going about with armed guards.

oh my God, Christianity of today needs a complete overhaul.
I so luv the way ur mind works bruh..

if Jesus were to pay a visit to his supposed church today I bet u say him go miss road..grin..

Cos d church he established n d ethos he espoused r no longer practiced in his church..

jst some bunch of men who elevate demselves above the common man (Sth Jesus tried assignment actively not to do).Sitting on golden chairs, wearing golden chains n gallivanting in private jets .

Let's learn to help pple around n About us more..

We av dis tin my friends n I.. we pool 2geda Some amt of our earnings in a month.. n jst give it to someone in need in d neighbourhood . sometimes we go to hospitals, oda times orphanages etc ..

I'm not saying dis so pple Cld See Me as some gud person.. am jst putting it out dere so odas can see n mayb start sth similar..
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Doublejoy411(m): 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2017
This OP needs slap......let God himself judge whoever is not giving honestly from his pocket......it's not your duty or business to dictate what another person should give.

I pray that God slaps your mouth with what you have stupidly written down.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 10, 2017
kwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwa grin

Where is it written in the bible? @op grin

Saintsammurai
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Doublejoy411(m): 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
Wilgrea7:
i think you are correct.. in fact.. God is greater than every other aspect .. so i don't think the money we spend on our feeding should be greater than the money we spend for offering.. our offering should be twice our feeding and rent put together.. because the all creator of everything is definitely interested in paper money
You obviously don't read your Bible well.....God is not interested in your money
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by rezzy: 12:52pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
So you cant keep aside 4,000 out of 18,000 for offering.

4k for offering,? Then tithe 2k, make I kukuma give them my full salary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by benzion72(m): 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2017
God love a cheerful giver amount is inconseqintial
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Owiii(m): 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2017
LordIsaac:
I rather give it to the homeless on the streets. This your philosophy is robbery.
People like you don't even help the poor. You're saying this to prove a point that giving in church is over hype. Its is more blessed to give than to receive. Thank you.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Lordkratus(m): 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
proeast:
Try and read between the lines, the person you quoted was actually mocking you! You know what sarcasm means? I went to RCCG last sunday for a friends child dedication and all the pastor (and later his wife) were preaching and emphasizing on were tithe and collections, it was so bad! I've stopped paying tithe to all these Lagos/Ibadan Exp Way church conglomerates! All they do is buy jets, build universities for the rich, lavish money on themselves and children while the suffering masses keeps contributing their widows might!!! That is wickedness and evil. Our society will be a much better place if we all stop giving 10% of our income to people that are already in the Forbes list of billionaires and rather give such money to the less priviledged ones in our midst. God will appreciate it more! These god of men are really feeding fat on the gullibility & low IQ of Nigerians!!! SMH.
my brother your head they house jare. its because Christians are lazy if they study the Bible well. they'd know that paying tithe to church isn't even biblical
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by flexrivers(m): 12:57pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
you still expect the person to pay 10% tithe from this amount. Bros, that is fraud.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Meritocracy: 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2017
[quote author=Saintsammurai post=60307363]SO many NIGERIA christians are with these mindset of going to church with any amount of cash in their their hands..to use for offering....AS a worker or as an employed human, that receives monthly salaries,, And as a true and a non hypocritical christian, you should be able to put nothing below 1,000 naira every sunday in the offering box. "You cannot spend thousands on drinks, food and recharge cards, including dstv and go tv subscriptions, etc.. without setting outside nothing less than Four thousand naira for the four sundays in a month, just to use as an offering, "note" "this is excluding "tithe" "Putting 100 naira, 500 naira, 50 naira in an offering box shows disrespect and disregard for GOD almighty, for he deserv much more than that.....WE dont have to be christians by mouth making, we need to show it too with our money....i hope you all change for the glory of GOD.[/quo
Stop deceive people with name of God, does God spend money or has anything to do with your money? Has any pastor ever told the congregations on how they spend the money or print out financial report for congregations. You're a pretender deceiving people with name
Of God to make money. Has the same pastor ever cared on the members that has not been taking 3meal a day except asking for donations everytime.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Meritocracy: 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
lol what has offering got to do with the homeless, offering money serves its own purpose...
Define offering and state where it's stated in the bible that not less than 1000 must be given.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by okunega1: 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2017
Make dem go thief put abi?
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by petra1(m): 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
[quote author=Meritocracy post=60314786][/quote]
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Redhot111(m): 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
SO will the 18,000 keep you alife? will the 18,000 give you long life and 100% good health? We fail to spend for GOD with the bad mindset of pastors using your money....this is not a good mentality.
I see dat though u claim to be a Christian, u actually don't read ur Bible. U mentioned spending for God. And the best way to spend 4 hod is to take care of d underprivileged. Hence Jesus said, wat ever u do to the least of these ur brethren, that u do unto me. It's not bad to give in church bt believe me, if u can't love the downtrodden amongst u. Any thing u claim to do for God is hypocrisy. "for if u cannot love ur neighbour who u see, how can u claim to love God who is the invisible one". Try making use of ur Bible irrespective of wat u are being told by ur pastor.

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Sholeyb: 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
I am a born again Christian and I only give what the Holy Spirit tells me to give, not what a pastor or a nairalander says. Jesus said to the Pharisees that they give tithes and offerings yet neglect their parents. Matt 23:23-"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law,justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. I cannot understand how a Christian will impose a minimum amount of contrbution on another Chrisian,only God has a right to do that. This is why the church is not effective because we have neglected showing mercy to others. A person earning N18,000 who has a wife and child, has given 10 percent as tithes, leaving him with about N16k. From the remaining he has to travel to work and church, buy food, pay school fees, pay nepa bills, give to parents. Yet you expect him to give N4000 every month as offering. Hmm!! even the bible tells us to count the cost of anything before doing it. Wisdom is profitable to direct. My husband tithes 25% and I tithe 10%, God speaks to us differently. TBH, I am hoping to increase my tithes at some point but not because my pastor told me, but because I believe that is what God wants. Very importantly, my pastor/vicar does not drive fancy cars. He is a a servant leader( when you come to my church you won't even know he is the pastor as he sits within the congration) We ( all church members) know where the money is going and you are allowed to nominate charities or missions where you want the money to go. Nigerian christianity needs to look properly at itself. We will one day give account to God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Meritocracy: 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
[quote author=Saintsammurai post=60308497]Doing those things is totally different from offering.... offering money is taking care of the body of christ, which in this case.. "the church".[/quo
What happened to Jesus Christ body and is he complaining anything about his body. Please explain
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by KGBEAST(m): 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
Op u re one of the brain washed Christians who think that God needs our money. Get off that mentality. You re just like my cousine ,a pastor who came to my house to borrow a pair of my shoes to attend a church program,after the program,I didn't see him or my shoe for like a week. After like 2weeks he came Nd when I asked him abt the shoe he borrowed from me,he said he used it as a tithe. Lol,my own shoe? I beat am that day,arrested him with police until his elder brother came Nd pay me the exact amount I bought that shoe. Now tell me is the guys head correct? Some people re daft.
The guy deserved the beating grin cheesy grin
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by petra1(m): 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:

2 Corinthians 9:6
6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Meritocracy: 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Giving your girlfriend more than 1,000 naira and spending less for GOD is an insult and disregard to GOD.
Is God spending your money, God says give alms to poor not to Him.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Tochux1: 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2017
me that will not spare a dime
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Meritocracy: 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
And who told you church ministers dont look after the needy? whats even your concern if ministers enrich themselves, what money will they use to maintain and build the church? we all should stop being judgemental and look at things from a different perspective.
It's like you share in the offering money, are you poor.

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by chuka5000(m): 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
SO will the 18,000 keep you alife? will the 18,000 give you long life and 100% good health? We fail to spend for GOD with the bad mindset of pastors using your money....this is not a good mentality.
please where in the Bible were xtians commanded to spend for God the Almighty giver. boss, try get sense nah.
most of God's commandments actually focus on respecting his laws but u guys are turning the whole thing around.
judgement day is there for all of us though. continue.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Mbkite(m): 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2017
Pavore9:
Drop into the offertory box, whatever your heart gladly gives. God is interested in the heart that gives it than the amount given.

I don't agree with you. why did God ask Abraham to sacrifice Isaac and not lizard or foul? the quality of your offering with respect to your earning matters to God.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by bahaushe1: 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2017
God is all sufficient, He has no need for our offerings or sacrifices. Whatever one offers or sacrifices in the name of God seeking His pleasure and closeness is for oneself not for God.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by noyen(m): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
d only way to spend 4 God is to win soul 4 God .....there is joy in heaven over a soul dat repents..
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Pavore9: 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2017
Mbkite:

I don't agree with you. why did God ask Abraham to sacrifice Isaac and not lizard or foul? the quality of your offering with respect to your earning matters to God.

The "quality" is between I and my Creator.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Happy 68th Birthday To Bishop David Oyedepo / "And The Lord Repented" / Gay Church Opens In Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.