Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane (35695 Views)

Meet Nwando Phina Okpaleke The Airpeace Pilot Who Landed An Airplane In Anambra / Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane / See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by seunny4lif(m): 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2017
BuhariNaWah:

I'll modify this for you bro...
I no need the modified one joooor grin grin
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by Reference(m): 3:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
Why not your pyjamas afterall Intercontinental flights are mainly overnight and if flying against the clock you might still get there at night. Imagine wearing a three piece suit to sleep six hours, that's madness.
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by RaeMystix: 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2017
sunshineG:
Op dress code for a airplane?
Men

Hoodies or sweatshirts....For those who can't stand the cold...Airplane temp can be brutal, even with the blankets provided by the airline.
Sweatpants ( try your best to avoid the use of belts ( cos one has to constantly have that removed @ the scanning points).
Easy slip on and slip off shoes
Backpacks
Socks

Women

Hoodies or sweatshirts
Sweatpants or leggings, Jeggings ......Avoid pants with belts
Comfortable slip on shoes without knots
Backpacks
Socks

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by Chukazu: 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2017
tolexy123:
Dont forget to add earpiece while taking off and landing. It can make you go deaf due to rapid change in air pressure

really ...but not headphones?
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2017
RaeMystix:

Men

Hoodies....For those who can't stand the cold...Airplane temp can be brutal, even with the blankets provided by the airline.
Sweatpants ( try your best to avoid the use of belts ( cos one has to constantly have that removed @ the scanning points).
Easy slip on and slip off shies
Backpacks

Women

Hoodies
Sweatpants or leggings, Jeggings ......Avoid pants with belts
Comfortable slip on shoes without knots
Backpacks
those are advice not mandatory
Yes the cold in a airplane can be much and it may get worse traveling over long distance

But op made it sound like there are certain dressing requirements for boarding a flight

The only one I know of is no liquids are allowed

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by YesNoMaybe: 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2017
Buy a private jet and wear whatever you want.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by maisauki: 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2017
Those that need this don't hav time to read it while those that patiently read this don't travel by plane, WHAT A TWIST!
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by emi14: 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2017
Nonsense
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by enimooko: 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2017
Afta payins ma moni, u'll now tell me waht to wea....Mthhccceewww
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by RaeMystix: 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2017
sunshineG:
those are advice not mandatory
Yes the cold in a airplane can be much and it may get worse traveling over long distance

But op made it sound like there are certain dressing requirements for boarding a flight

The only one I know of is no liquids are allowed
I know. I probably read the Op in a different light. I thought the OP was giving a great advice or what he/ she possibly does think most people with to little to no experience traveling via air should consider.
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
RaeMystix:

I know. I probably read the Op in a different light. I thought the OP was giving a great advice or what he/ she possibly does think most people with to little to no experience traveling via air should consider.
kk no p sis

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by RaeMystix: 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
sunshineG:
kk no p sis
All good Bruh cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by johnjay4u2u(m): 4:33pm On Sep 10, 2017
hemucology:
Inshallah this year I'm plan to travel by plan for the first time

May God help me oooooo

Okay, keep up with the plans
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by Ritabo(m): 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2017
Ok tell me what'2 wear b4'i
enter plane wheel?
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by tolexy123: 4:44pm On Sep 10, 2017
Chukazu:

really ...but not headphones?
including headphones
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by IYANGBALI: 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2017
Op mind your business, paddle your own canoe
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by Nemesis1: 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
Ugoeze2016:
Lol agbada will take up two seats

I'll pay grin
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by ItzTipson(m): 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by hokafor(m): 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2017
Ops are you ok? Since when did aircraft turn to a night club where you check dress code
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by Guruboi(m): 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2017
hemucology:
Inshallah this year I'm plan to travel by plan for the first time

May God help me oooooo

Insha' Allah, Allah will help you bro!
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by Bigabbey22: 6:33pm On Sep 10, 2017
Pls can I wear agbada to travel
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by derevarc(m): 6:46pm On Sep 10, 2017
Emmanueleyo:
�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️
are you gay?
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by Chukazu: 7:31pm On Sep 10, 2017
tolexy123:
including headphones

I see lots of Premiere League players with headphones while boarding and disembarking from plane
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by tolexy123: 7:31pm On Sep 10, 2017
Chukazu:

I see lots of Premiere League players with headphones while boarding and disembarking from plane
i said while taking off and landing
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by fapcrook(m): 7:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
Don't wear shoes with high heels
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by Passion2009: 9:47pm On Sep 10, 2017
tolexy123:
Dont forget to add earpiece while taking off and landing. It can make you go deaf due to rapid change in air pressure

As in cry

Some weeks ago, I was traveling from Canada and when we got close to Lagos, it was as if my ears were going to fall off. I had headsets on for most part of the flight but once the air pressure changed, I didn't know whether to use headset or not. It was very aching.
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by tolexy123: 9:54pm On Sep 10, 2017
Passion2009:

As in cry

Some weeks ago, I was traveling from Canada and when we got close to Lagos, it was as if my ears were going to fall off. I had headsets on for most part of the flight but once the air pressure changed, I didn't know whether to use headset or not. It was very aching.
I learnt this while travelling from Amsterdam last month
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by Passion2009: 10:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
tolexy123:
I learnt this while travelling from Amsterdam last month

What's the panacea? Swallowing of saliva does not really work when landing.
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by tolexy123: 10:07pm On Sep 10, 2017
Passion2009:

What's the panacea? Swallowing of saliva does not really work when landing.
as far as i know, it has no proven remedy. All you can do is to get used to it
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane by UsefulTunde(m): 8:36am On Sep 11, 2017
Nice write up! Generally all this should be observed even if. You are not traveling! It is a nice article anyway. You can also check this my article on 6 Reasons why you should dress smart and neat

Opinionated:
Going to the airport doesn’t mean you should be any less fashionable than you normally are. However, there are certain important things you should keep in mind when choosing your travel outfits. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 5 things you shouldn’t wear on an airplane.

Tight Clothes

No matter how fashionable you intend to be, try to ensure you refrain from wearing tight clothing while on an airplane. This is because those tight clothes can restrict blood flow in the already confined space of an airplane seat, which can lead to risks of deep vein thrombosis, aside the prevalent discomfort you’ll feel wearing the tight clothes. It is best to stick with wearing loose-fitting, natural and breathable fabrics when you intend to travel by air.

Dirty Clothes

This might seem obvious but you’ll be surprised at how many people don less than clean items of clothing on their bodies, throw on perfume or cologne so the clothes pass the ‘sniff test’ and then head off to the airport. However, they fail to realize that odours are intensified in an airplane, because many passengers are cramped in close quarters and stale air is recycled throughout the cabin for the duration of the flight. It is therefore important to reserve clean outfits for plane rides and go easy on perfumes or colognes.

Complicated Outfits

A jumpsuit is a perfect example of a complicated outfit. It’s probably not best to wear outfits that will make going to the bathroom in the plane a herculean task, or that will make sitting down for extended periods (which is basically all you do on planes) extremely difficult.

Pajamas or Other House Wares

The fact that you are advised to wear comfortable clothing when in an airplane, doesn’t mean you should over do it and dress inappropriately all together, you’re still going out in public after all.

Check the Airline’s Dress Code

Simply check the airlines dress code to avoid being turned away for wearing clothing items that are non-compliant. Some airlines don’t allow passengers to wear baggy or oversized clothing, mainly because those clothing items stir up the suspicion of airline personnel, as they will think you’re hiding something in all that clothing. Some airlines do allow such baggy clothing, but you might have a tough time at security checkpoints because of how meticulous the security personnel is likely going to be during your security check.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-things-shouldnt-wear-airplane/

6 Reasons why you should dress smart and neat

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Truck Conveying Goat & Grains Falls In Jos (Graphic Photos) / Federal Government To Shutdown Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu / Another 171 Nigerians Return From Libya Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.