Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,433 members, 7,954,724 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:59 AM

10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith (15417 Views)

What Are Your Favourite Bible Characters? / 10 Bible Verses Against Yahoo Yahoo, Ponzi Scheme, Money Rituals / Some Inspirational Bible Characters You Should Model Yourself After Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Tjayjosh(m): 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:
I don't understand the story
Lol!!! What is it you don't understand? The flood, or the reason it came?
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by neyoflexzyl(m): 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2017
I love reading people's comments I just can't help myself. It's like an addiction. So in honor of those comments that I have read, I have decided to write my own comment. And it's all for you. I hope you enjoy reading my comment as much as I have enjoyed writing it. It's not an interesting comment, but I'm pretty certain you have read the comment up to this point, so you may as well just keep reading right down to the end. And also thank me for wasting your time cause this is very useless.
� �
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2017
sukkot:
so all those men mentioned ? how did they have faith in christ when there was no christ when they were around ? all those mentioned were on earth thousands of years before christ right ?

lol i am just yanking your chain
Hilarious. God is Christ.

1 Like

Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by MhizzAJ(f): 12:52pm On Sep 10, 2017
Tjayjosh:

Lol!!! What is it you don't understand? The flood, or the reason it came?

How he was packing animals into d ark cheesy
D flood...how God told him to build the ark..i always pray to God bf reading d Bible
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by EniHolar(f): 12:52pm On Sep 10, 2017
Piiko:
your smile gives life

Jesus can do better.. . Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by banmee(m): 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
sukkot:
so all those men mentioned ? how did they have faith in christ when there was no christ when they were around ? all those mentioned were on earth thousands of years before christ right ?

And this is the reason why religion is rubbish. Everyone interpretes it in whatever way it benefits and suits them.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Chukazu: 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2017
undecided and the greatest of them all is not on the list?

greatest King, greatest musical composer,best lyricist, priest, best warrior... KING DAVID IFEANYIundecided
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2017
EniHolar:

Jesus can do better.. . Happy Sunday

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. (Psalms 139:13-14)

1 Like

Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Chukazu: 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2017
sukkot:

Hebrews 11 has chronicles of their faith
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by josephogaga: 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2017
sukkot:
but what is faith ?

accord to Hebrew 11:1,faith is ur prove that u have what u ask God for,
we have not seen God,but we know through faith that God exist,and we have been seeing God's power manifest here on earth,

we where not there when Christ walked the earth and promise the born again he will send the Holy spirit(another confronter),which he did,but by faith we know it happened and thank God for the mighty work God is doing through us on earth today

1 Like

Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by seunny4lif(m): 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2017
Sniper12:
na fabu na. Dem no tell us how he went to south america to carry puma or how he went to australia to carry kangaroo inside the ark cheesy
I think say na only me

Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by 01mcfadden(m): 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
Isn't Abraham the father or faith?
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:

I don't understand the story

My sist. you really dont need to understand it. It is difficult for man to understand God Himself. We think we know God but we really dont. What we know of Him is so small a fragment like the size of a grain of rice to Kilimanjaro.

It sounds too unbelievable to human ears but as smart as science is it has not come out to deny the flood of Noah but rather burtress it really happened.

Try and google Noah's Ark found and tell me what you got. It was found exactly where the Bible said it rested and measured same size as Bible recorded it.
One foolish Atheist on NL said its a hoax but his brain can not and will not be able to figure out how an object of that size got unto a mountain Mount Ararat in Turkey of today.

Genesis 8:4
And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.

It had been buried underground and it was the little edge left on the surface that gave it away for exploration.

Acheologists were involved in the exploration, The goverment of Turkey were involved in the exploration and so also other fields of Science were involved and Inside the Ark were found feathers bones straws etc as artefacts carbon dated back to thousands of years back.

Atheist are just a group of people that have made up their minds not to be convinced of Gods existence even wgen the facts are staring them in the face. I hate arguing with them or wanting to convince them.

Like my dad says "SIN IS SWEET" they live in it and not believeing in God gives them all the freedom in the world to do anything they want, how they want it, where they want it. Since "there is no God"

No commandment to check them. grin

My dear the flood happened and that is a fact.

Check One of the many sites on the Topic out

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/positive-good-news.php?newsid=470/Noah-s-Ark-Has-Been-Found-Why-Are-They-Keeping-Us-In-The-Dark

There are videos of it on Youtube as well

2 Likes

Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Royalfurnitures: 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2017
I think Elisha,moses ,should,make,the,group

Check out my signature for,quality and,durable,furniture

1 Like

Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by wittyt98(m): 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:

D flood...how God told him to build the ark..i always pray to God bf reading d Bible

1 Like

Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
Sniper12:
na fabu na. Dem no tell us how he went to south america to carry puma or how he went to australia to carry kangaroo inside the ark cheesy

Untill you believe in God everything about Him would be fabu to your sense.
Untill you belive your Dad is your father you may never live to respect him.

Same goes with God.

God has the power to do All Things so those your Puma and Kangaroo he can reproduce them in the East and and same goes with all the animals that are not natives of the East.. His ways and Acts are foolishness to an Unbeliever.

Untill you know Him you cant understand Him.

He has given you the will to chose how to live your life and you have chosen it already Enjoy it while it lasts. grin
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by sukkot: 1:28pm On Sep 10, 2017
banmee:

And this is the reason why religion is rubbish. Everyone interpretes it in whatever way it benefits and soothes them.
of course religion is rubbish. i aint arguing with you about that. spirituality is the key wink
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:

You sound like a christian who really dont know what she believes. Its hard for you to believe the Bible and you are a Christian. grin smh
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by lonelydora: 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2017
NaijaNewsPapers:

It is very important to surround oneself with people who can impact your life for the good and not for the bad. Here is a list of a few great men and women worth hanging out with 24/7.

1. Noah was a man who took God seriously.
Noah did this; he did all that God commanded him. Genesis 6:22

2.Nehemiah was a man who silenced the Nay Sayers and did what they said he couldn’t do.
Then I replied to them, “The God of heaven will make us prosper, and we his servants will arise and build, but you have no portion or right or claim in Jerusalem.” Nehemiah 2:20

3. Job was a man whose life and resolve was tested beyond imagination, yet did not curse God.
“In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong.” Job 1:22

4. Joseph was a man who was completely devoted to the Lord even in times of injustice, betrayal, and temptation.
“As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.” Genesis 50:20

5. Ruth was a woman who left everything she had for something far more greater than anything she’d ever imagined.
But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the LORD do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you.” And when Naomi saw that she was determined to go with her, she said no more.” Ruth 1:16-18

6. Esther was a woman who understood her times and seized the day not only for her people but also for God.
“For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14

7. Daniel was a man whose integrity and prayer life Helped him to see unbelievable miracles and prophetic mysteries.
“He went to his house where he had windows in his upper chamber open toward Jerusalem. He got down on his knees three times a day and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as he had done.” Daniel 6:10

8. Elijah was a man who availed himself in such a way to God. As a result, Gods used him mightily.
“Then the angel of the LORD said to Elijah, “Go down with him; do not be afraid of him.” So he arose and went down with him to the king.” 2 Kings 1:15

9. Paul was a man so passionate for the lost, that he literally would have walked upon broken glass just to reach the next person.
“A prophet named Agabus came down from Judea… took Paul’s belt and bound his own feet and hands and said, Thus says the Holy Spirit, ‘This is how the Jews at Jerusalem will bind the man who owns this belt and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles… For I am ready not only to be imprisoned but even to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 21:10-14

10. Phillip was a man who chose to live by the spirit; follow His promptings; and be used by the Spirit.
“Rise and go toward the south to the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” This is a desert place… And there was an Ethiopian.” Acts 8:25-40

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2017/09/10-bible-characters-of-great-faith.html

[img]https://3.bp..com/-HO-hGRNziyA/WbUR5jG2GCI/AAAAAAAAF6M/OtptcxotDI4p19tB3WPyvSw5NWwp-9P2wCLcBGAs/s640/Great-Faith.jpg[/img]

Your list is not complete without David
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by wittyt98(m): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2017
tamethem:

Untill you believe in God everything about Him would be fabu to your sense.
Untill you belive your Dad is your father you may never live to respect him.

Same goes with God.

God has the power to do All Things so those your Puma and Kangaroo he can reproduce them in the East and and same goes with all the animals that are not natives of the East.. His ways and Acts are foolishness to an Unbeliever.

Untill you know Him you cant understand Him.

He has given you the will to chose how to live your life and you have chosen it already Enjoy it while it lasts. grin
lmao grin grin grin pls stop making God look like a common confused human being ....... he is the unexplainable ... most of these shits youre promoting are nothing but ideas you all think is right not like they are facts ... except you can explain to me where u were before u were born grin grin is when i can believe that shit
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by rayopt(m): 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2017
All these comments sha. . .so funny!!

These atheist getting themselves hanged by their own knowledge

and. . . .

These believers trying desperately to convince themselves through unnecessary arguments

all is well

Ur faith is between you and your God(or whatever the 4ck you say you believe in cos like it or not, you must believe in something).

Se Fini
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
wittyt98:
lmao grin grin grin pls stop making God look like a common confused human being ....... he is the unexplainable ... most of these shits youre promoting are nothing but ideas you all think is right not like they are facts ... except you can explain to me where u were before u were born grin grin is when i can believe that shit

My guy I dont argue with souls that have made up their minds never to be convinced.

That your question of me knowing where I was before birth has really shown how "Smart" Atheists are.

I dont argue with atheists. They are just too "Smart" for my liking grin

Happy sunday
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by guru90: 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
collwriters:
Where is Abraham?

that's what is in my mind....
where is Abraham?

Please, edit this your write and include Abraham sharp sharp...
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by guru90: 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
collwriters:
Where is Abraham?

that's what is in my mind....

where is Abraham?

Please, edit this your write up and include Abraham sharp sharp...
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Tjayjosh(m): 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:

You are right to pray before reading the bible, because if we try to study it literally we may not be able to fully comprehend it. That's why we need the holy spirit to teach us. The main reasons the flood came is in Genesis 6:5 “The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.” The rate at which people commited sin was staggering. People were incredibly evil and perverted. Secondly “The sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose” (Genesis 6:2). The sons of God in the bible, especially in the old testament usually applied to angels, read Job 1:6. This bible passage seems to be stating that, somehow, there
was a physical union between angels and human women. The
unnatural offspring of this union were the nephilim (giants). This was caused by satan to corrupt the human genetic system so that christ will not be born. God would not allow this unholy and unatural union to continue. It is the reason for the flood. About the animals. It is my believe that God in His omnipotence can do all things. So i believe that miraculously the animals came to noah. Please study the bible to determine if you believe the same.

1 Like

Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by NwaJozi: 2:16pm On Sep 10, 2017
I was expecting to see I believe Jesus is Lord and God before im allowed to view this thread!
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by wittyt98(m): 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2017
tamethem:

My guy I dont argue with souls that have made up their minds never to be convinced.

That your question of me knowing where I was before birth has really shown how "Smart" Atheists are.

I dont argue with atheists. They are just too "Smart" for my liking grin

Happy sunday
must everyone who questions your gullible preachings expected to be accepted just by believing and of which logical questioning aint allowed be an athiest? lmao grin grin ;

Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by MhizzAJ(f): 2:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
Tjayjosh:

You are right to pray before reading the bible, because if we try to study it literally we may not be able to fully comprehend it. That's why we need the holy spirit to teach us. The main reasons the flood came is in Genesis 6:5 “The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.” The rate at which people commited sin was staggering. People were incredibly evil and perverted. Secondly “The sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose” (Genesis 6:2). The sons of God in the bible, especially in the old testament usually applied to angels, read Job 1:6. This bible passage seems to be stating that, somehow, there
was a physical union between angels and human women. The
unnatural offspring of this union were the nephilim (giants). This was caused by satan to corrupt the human genetic system so that christ will not be born. God would not allow this unholy and unatural union to continue. It is the reason for the flood. About the animals. It is my believe that God in His omnipotence can do all things. So i believe that miraclously the animals came to noah. Please study the bible to determine if you believe the same.

Ok
thanks
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Ofemmanu1: 2:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
Sniper12:

You are just a wholly with a brolly.
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Tjayjosh(m): 2:25pm On Sep 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Ok thanks
You are welcome!
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by ifenes(m): 2:25pm On Sep 10, 2017
I think we can find better example of African characters of great faith.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... / Should I Give My First Salary As Firstfruits Offering? / Emmanuel Collins: Pastor Busted For Faking Accident, Says Hackers Did It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.