Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame (7599 Views)

The Bible Is A Book Of Lies. Let’s Put Down All The Lies In The Bible / Daddy Freeze Shows 'Paul O' Paul Okoye's Mansion To Shame Those That Pay Tithes / A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by bahaushe1: 8:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Apologies. This is a reply that has been long in coming.

That's cool. Hopefully, I get to learn something new.

Pause and take a loot at your hands, the designs on your palms. Your eyes, your ears, your feet. Note the colors. Twist your tongue and squeeze your cheeks. Do you really believe all that was made from dust? You're more complex than that.

This differs from the Christian version of creation. I was taught that the Garden of Eden was on Earth, and after Adam and Eve disobeyed God, he chased them away from his garden.

Can we say that God was irresponsible too? Or do we just blame all of the mess on this world on man? It's not like we asked to be created.

Thanks for throwing more light on this. It seems the difference between Christianity and Islam goes beyond mere disagreements on Jesus' claim that he is/was God.

When it comes to matters of faith, I find it difficult to use the term 'absurd'. Faith, by definition, is absurd. It isn't supposed to appeal to the brains or thinking. It demands a suspension of rational and thinking by the believer. One man's "Faith" is another's "mumu".

Cool, maybe one day, we could have a discussion on Islam.

Abit long but I will find time to respond to each point.
Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by sonofluc1fer: 8:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
bahaushe1:

Abit long but I will find time to respond to each point.
Just to add, I've begun reading Malcolm X's biography, and I have to admit I've known very little about Islam.
Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by HappyPagan: 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2019
Miss this account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? / Godly Standards In Dating And Relationships / What Inspires You To Stay Focused?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.