Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser (8645 Views)

Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach / Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain / Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by tunku(m): 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2010
Bleep you Nigeria and any Nigerian that was cheering for the sacking of Amodu. Bleep you all. You sack Amodu only to hire his counterpart in white skin. Bleep you, Bleep you all. This guy is worse that Berti and Amodu combined. fucking idiots.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by mansmith(m): 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2010
i believe that naming a foreign coach now is a recipe for failure
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by vinceobe: 5:45pm On Feb 27, 2010
My Younger brother just gained admission into a Nigerian University and is presently in year one.  I am soliciting a scholarship for him.  This is in view of paucity of funds at my disposal.  I am asking Nairalanders to help browse where I can get a scholarship for him and how to go about this.  Thanks.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by unban190: 6:09pm On Feb 27, 2010
@wwwww90

WTF are thoes photos doin here

are u cursed or sumtin

remove them immediately GAY IDI~!!OT
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by nigerhead(m): 6:14pm On Feb 27, 2010
unban190:

@wwwww90

WTF are thoes photos doin here

are u cursed or sumtin

remove them immediately GAY IDI~!!OT

shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I be dey wonder o, whether no be football thread again , gaylord!
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Amobi1(m): 6:19pm On Feb 27, 2010
he will be beter off replacing yaradua 4 president grin grin grin grin
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by nigerhead(m): 6:27pm On Feb 27, 2010
I give Lagerback 6months, him go take him hand retire, NFF U dont continue to do the same thing everytime and expect a different result , lipsrsealed
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Gayigaskia(m): 6:27pm On Feb 27, 2010
OK now we need to go around Ghana and ivory coast to hire a new team. Specially with Mikel Obi showing the whole world today against Man city that he is a shit player.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Gayigaskia(m): 6:38pm On Feb 27, 2010
A five months contact! we Africans need to stat relying on ourselves, this is an opportunity wasted to give a Nigerian coach a resume boost. the man is not gonna wins us the world up anyway, siasia would have build a new team for us.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Emmyk(m): 6:44pm On Feb 27, 2010
Y'all can say watever 4 all I care. What decision(s) can ever be make in Nigeria widdout ur CRITICS?! Think Positive! NIGERIA Will make somefin meaninfu outta the World Cup. Sha we nw hear the critics and Their AWÓN ORÓ? kiss
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Omolulu(m): 6:45pm On Feb 27, 2010
who is this gay bas-tard posting shit here
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Obinoscopy(m): 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2010
That gay guy should be banned from this forum
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by FBS: 7:24pm On Feb 27, 2010
@wwww90!
WTF was that?

You should get a ban for this.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by sulad82i(m): 7:49pm On Feb 27, 2010
Super Eagle go drink beer tire. LOL grin
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by JerryAdams: 8:21pm On Feb 27, 2010
:-x
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by honeric01(m): 8:27pm On Feb 27, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin now you have your foreign coach, you will win the worldcup, don't worry ok? grin grin grin grin
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by afolabom: 9:00pm On Feb 27, 2010
He is a good choice, just that the Nigerian factor is gonna frustrate him
and moreover a 5 month contract is not gonna make sense at all.
there is nothing he can do within this period
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Rastamann: 9:06pm On Feb 27, 2010
Lager back or Lager beer? Lets hope he will not lager-intoxicate Nigerian football. NFF should know that that theory is not the same as practicals.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by grandjedi(m): 9:41pm On Feb 27, 2010
If you have decided to eat a frog why not choose one that is well-laden with eggs? In my opinion this Lager beer cheesy , sorry, Lagerback guy is an average (read "mediocre"wink coach who might not have so much to offer judging from his antecedents. Not also forgetting the fact that there is a ready excuse for failure as regards the short time frame to prepare for the world cup.

I don't want to sound negative but why would the NFF go for such a technical adviser who may not be much better than Bertie Vogts? I don't really believe it was just bc as they said "he knew a lot about Nigerian players and problems with our football since 2002" (after all our REAL problem is the FA).

A friend of mine even has this theory that the NFF hired the guy that was prepared to concession part of his $1.3 million monthly wages to the fat cats of the glass house grin grin grin
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Nescoemmy(m): 10:20pm On Feb 27, 2010
i don't see dis man performing any good 4 nigeria1, i just wish him luck
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 27, 2010
This man failed to qualify his own country for World Cup and is somehow the choice to lead us.

I think Nigerians should start Facebook groups calling for Largerback not to allow himself to be part of this fraud because we simply do not welcome him.

Nigerians should protest everywhere, public forums, newspapers, TV call in shows, everywhere, you can even wright
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Oba234: 11:37pm On Feb 27, 2010
lol, he sucks. My swedish friend says he is hated in Sweden.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by EmmyBoy2(m): 11:43pm On Feb 27, 2010
@ Grandjedi-I'm in with you on this Egunje theory thing.With Taiwo Egunjebi & Co, still at the helm of affairs in that NFF, I dont rule out that kinda scam.Afterall na here we dey when $340,000.00 "loss" for Glass House.Till today wey de thief?
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Nobody: 11:55pm On Feb 27, 2010
Looks like we are setting ourselves up to fail sad

This guy's record is very poor, we should have stuck with current coach until after the world cup.

I guess it may be a chance for NFF officials to line their pockets angry

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by TrueSeeker(m): 12:13am On Feb 28, 2010
I love SE, and Nigeria, but this NFF decision to fire Amodu and hire LagerBeer will definitely give us a bad luck in South Africa.
I dont see Nigeria winning a match in South Africa with this decision of NFF. They should have hired Glenn Hoddle and ask Amodu to asist him for compensation. Lagerbeer will offer nothing.
O mase o. Poor Niaja!! sad sad sad
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by willichi(m): 4:24am On Feb 28, 2010
@ TAYO ast,how come you know the word "mazal tov" ?
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Execu1: 8:30am On Feb 28, 2010
O fe se lu !
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Bobbyb(m): 10:11am On Feb 28, 2010
The soccer fans in this country only know how to make silly "noise">>> any d*** n' harry will jst wake-up nd start forming analyzing soccer(analyzing rubbish). Give any of this myopic fans d chance 2 coach d SE nd wuld nt even draw a match against DJIBOUTI. jst ingrates!
Lars Lagerback might be better than Amodu tactically or even technically as they say, but surely over Amodu's 3 spells as coach he has shown that he might not be sound tactically but has d undeniable ability 2 take dis country's soccer forward >>>>> alwayz. Why cant he take us 2 the world cup in peace? coz he is black abi? pathetic coz i 1nce tot when he took over in 2008 afta d berti goat howler that it was d beginning of another good positive transition 4 our SE, by him takin us 2 d mundial, maybe anoda cup of nations(no 1 knows wat might happen though), then maybe calling it a day and ex-super striker Danny Amokachi takin-over as coach, but NO they are all black nd 'local' they r nt foreign coaches!
Even his critics knows that he brought 2 priceless things to d SE during his spell(which i think is our priority)>> STABILITY which will eventually lead 2 CONTINUITY and doin it simultaneously wif positive results on the pitch, the team culd only get better!!!!!!!!

Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by IgboMafia: 1:37pm On Feb 28, 2010
Oh My God!!!! Who is this Lars Lagerback? What achievements has he got? Nigerians are already celebrating him, because he’s got white skin
In 2000: Lars became a coach(dual) with Soderberg and Sweden qualified for Euro 200, they lost out at the group stages.
In 2002 France World cup: Sweden lost to Senegal and their great Bruno Metsu.
In 2004 Euro: they made it to quarter finals and lost to Holland 0-2
In 2006 Germany WC (Lars became fully in charge of Sweden): they lost 0-2 to Germany at he knock out stage.
In 2008 Euro: Sweden lost 0-2 to Russia and could not even go beyond group stage.
In 2009: Lars and Sweden could not qualify for the World cup meant for South Africa
In Feb. 2010: Nigeria appoints Lars to take them to the World Cup!!!!!! What a shame!!
Check out this soon:
In June 2010: lars takes Nigeria to WC and lost all three games in the group stage with heavy 0-4 loss to lowly rated North Korea and same goal margin to former European champions Greece!!! Don’t call me a Prophet after June. THIS IS REALLY UNFORTUNATE!!!!
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by ahidjo: 3:04pm On Feb 28, 2010
For the latest collection of regularly updated Nigerian soccer news from all sources around the world, visit http://themainbowl.com/. So stop the search for soccer news. It's the ultimate collection.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by grandjedi(m): 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2010
@ Emmy Boy,
My brother, till tomorrow that "missing" money will remain "missing" in the pockets of our football administrators. Until the NFF is cleaned out our football will not make progress.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by stanloski(m): 4:25pm On Feb 28, 2010
Whether na Lager Back or Larger Becks our WC chances were doomed the day we allowed Amoflop to take eagles to Angola! We dont stand a chance no matter who we go with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference / Siasia's Records-the Facts / Davido Reveals How Much FIFA Paid Him For The World Cup Draw Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.