Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,450 members, 7,846,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:59 AM

Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE (6466 Views)

CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS / Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) / APC Vice Chairman Denounce The Announcement Of The Publicity Sec On Ekiti Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by ElsonMorali: 1:01am On Sep 13, 2017
[quote author=ImperialYoruba post=60394278]

The Omoluabi concept in Yoruba philosophy is about upholding truth, justice and uprightness of conduct.

Agreed!

There are instances when a confrontation is self-provoked. There are other times when a confrontation is deliberate act of impunity and injustice.

Ok...?

If Yoruba was in power Kanu will not be going through this flagrant abuse. Kanu does not own Iboland. The indigenes own the land. Why is FG occupying and terrorizing indigenes over their land? This is sheer human right abuse, no other way to candy coat it.

Lol. You're naive. Kanu does not own Igbo land. Why are the people supporting him? The ediot is raising an army everybody is quiet. When kasala bursts now blood of hyena and baboon will now soak Igbo land, then people like you will still come out to blame Yorubas for not warning the Igbos that what they are doing will cause violence and bloodshed. Is the FG supposed to wait until they declare war and drag a whole tribe into needless bloodshed?

Lets even assume that Kanu should be arrested to preempt trouble. Isnt that police job? Why deploy a battalion to arrest one man?

Like I said, you're naive. Someone is establishing illegal parallel government and raising an army and you want the police to...what again? Tell me, what's the duty of the Nigerian Armed Forces? Did I hear you say to defend the territorial integrity of the nation? Maybe you weren't aware of that.

The agenda and the theater of show of force is a proactive calculation towards a much bigger goal. They are using Kanu to rehearse and polish the process. It will be the turn of another twon soon. They want to turn South into a hot zone and kill off the debate and talks on restructure.

#sigh. Tell me, If you were the Nigerian president and a tribe in the north starts planting foreign flags on Nigerian soil, forcing people to sing their new anthem, forming a parallel government, WHAT will you do?

When bullets are flying and soldiers are conducting house to house search in Ilorin, Ife, Iseyin, Ondo, Benin, Warri, Yenagoa, Asaba, Awka, Umuahia, Owerri....who will have time and mind to speak in favor of restructure? Nobody!

Let them do that first, then we'll know that everything has gone to Hades then. But until then, the military is on point. As long as there's a Nigerian republic, then Kanu's actions are nothing short of treasonable felony.

Silence over this matter in Iboland is totally unacceptable. It is repulsive....this is cruelty!

Oh Yeah...? You never "chichumchin".

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by laudate: 1:03am On Sep 13, 2017
MasterChen:
You folks forget things easily on this forum lol.

Have we forgotten how these clowns were twerking when some ND thugs said Yorubas must leave ND before October 1?

Have we forgotten how they used to call us Unity-begging Afon-jas everytime we told them this method is ineffective?

Have we forgotten how they used to call us environmentalists everytime Avengers burst pipeline?

Have we forgotten the Yoruba-Hausa Mile 2 clashes?

Have we forgotten how the same idiots were rejoicing when militants killed people at Ishawo

Man, I can go on and on

Una like to dey tie gele go party wey dem no invite una.

I think what the NA did is wrong, BUT it's none of our business. The same way it wasn't their business when Yoruba leaders were being hunted for standing up to Abacha
What about the Hausa - Yoruba clashes in Ife, when only the Yorubas were arrested? Can't you remember how they gloated over the incident? Don't worry, we would pray for Kanu and his people, so that God sends them divine assistance. But to get up from here, and cross the niger bridge to offer help? Mbanu! sad Maybe your own people can send OPC, to assist them....

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by MasterChen: 1:08am On Sep 13, 2017
laudate:

What about the Hausa - Yoruba clashes in Ife, when only the Yorubas were arrested? Can't you remember how they gloated over the incident? Don't worry, we would pray for Kanu and his people, so that God sends them divine assistance. But to get up from here, and cross the niger bridge to offer help? Mbanu! sad Maybe your own people can send OPC, to assist them....

grin grin cheesy

OPC wey never chow na him wan assist them? Why aren't their Niger Delta "brothers" helping them nah. Shebi Yoruba divide and rule has been destroyed smiley

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by laudate: 1:14am On Sep 13, 2017
MasterChen:
grin grin cheesy

OPC wey never chow na him wan assist them? They're on their own. But wait! why aren't their Niger Delta brothers helping them nah. Shebi Yoruba divide and rule has been destroyed smiley
Niger-Delta??! shocked Do you know how many ethnic groups are in the ND, and the kind of politics and ethnic tensions that thrive in that area? Do you know how many of their neighbours, these IPOB people have offended? So you think those neighbours will now rush to the rescue? Biko, if na play make you stop am, o! sad

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 13, 2017
laudate:
Maybe your own people can send OPC, to assist them....
Oga Laudate, wetin dem go use assist dem?

Ogbunigwe bombs ?? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by MasterChen: 1:17am On Sep 13, 2017
laudate:

Niger-Delta??! shocked Do you know how many ethnic groups are in the ND, and the kind of politics and ethnic tensions that thrive in that area? Do you know how many of their neighbours, these IPOB people have offended? So you think those neighbours will now rush to the rescue? Biko, if na play make you stop am, o! sad

Tah! Who told you we offended any of our ND brothers.

You this Afonja. Your divide and rule tactics aren't working. Try another one

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Throwback: 1:17am On Sep 13, 2017
The day I feel any empathy towards the Igbos in Nigeria, is the day I know that I am suffering from an emotional disorder.

I know the Igbos inside out. I will never be fooled by their antics.

The best thing for the Igbos is to have an Igbo only country of their own, but this must be championed by the constitutional political leadership of the region, else we end up with a Somalia beside us.

Whatever calamity befalls them owing to Kanu's hatred and big mouth, is thoroughly deserved.

I will watch it on CNN and I will not be moved.

The Yorubas like the OP are the types the Igbos hope still exist so they can continue to get away with their hatred, but those Yorubas are a dying breed. I represent a breed of Yoruba that will never tolerate an unrepentant and notoriously ungrateful enemy on my own land.

The Igbos see this OP and they smile that the "Yoruba coward" is still available to come to their rescue because he is a gentleman who is stupid. The kind of Yoruba they like, but soon to be berated once they get what they need from you.

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 13, 2017
MasterChen:

grin grin cheesy

OPC wey never chow na him wan assist them? Why aren't their Niger Delta "brothers" helping them nah. Shebi Yoruba divide and rule has been destroyed smiley

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by laudate: 1:18am On Sep 13, 2017
JohnXcel:

Oga Laudate, wetin dem go use assist dem?

Ogbunigwe bombs ?? grin grin grin

Hehehe.... ROFLMAO!! cheesy shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by laudate: 1:21am On Sep 13, 2017
MasterChen:
Tah! Who told you we offended any of our ND brothers.

You this Afonja. Your divide and rule tactics aren't working. Try another one
Hehehe! cheesy Na who be the Afonja? I don talk say I no go laugh this night, but.... shocked cheesy grin If I start to list the offences, day go break for here!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by MetaPhysical: 1:21am On Sep 13, 2017
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!

Whichever way we cut it, this siege by Nigerian Army on Iboland is a wrong and cruel move. I am sure all Yorubas will agree on that. However, the cold responses from Yoruba is an indictment of Ibo bad behavior and their aggressive assaults on Yoruba culture and society. It appears Ibo will be well received, and even defended, if the relationship was cordial.

The sole reason Ojukwu suffered much losses was he thought himself self-sufficient and needed no one behind him in the fight against Nigeria. If Kanu looses this fight to actualize Biafra it will not be because he lacked a fighting spirit, but that his fights were directed at those he needed in support of his struggle. Yoruba alone, shielding Kanu, can detract his opponents and bogg them down in political intrigues and compel them to yield to the demands of secession.

Developing a positive and progressive relationship with the Yorubas ought to be a policy in the top three agenda of IPOB, and Ibos generally. It is parri passu with the goal of winning independence and sovereingty for Biafra.

When it comes to Yoruba, Ibo need a new attitude...a non-rebellious, non-aggressive attiitude.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by crimeboss: 1:21am On Sep 13, 2017
Being a Yoruba man i am compelled on principle of justice, fairness and true intentions of the founding fathers of this country to intervene, we know who we are as a race of intellectuals, deep thinkers and our brothers' keeper, d igbos may not want our support but they surely need it at this time of great distress, what going on now is an abuse of power, an oppression on the will of a people, and it is moment to let this tyrant know what he is doing is wrong, for kinsmen u will understand this saying "iku tio paa ojugba eni owé nipa fun ni".
God is our ultimate compensator for our good deeds, not the Igbo not anybody, let us do what can to stop this madness, we are all just men in masks, but what we do that really defines us.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by CASTOSVILLA(m): 1:21am On Sep 13, 2017
DonVikings:
I didn't bother reading that because I don't waste my time listening to pigs grunt as they make love grin

Listen up all flat heads, Yorubas won't fight your battles for you.

You can cry to chukwu Abuko Lakpalakpa from now till Kanu stop pissing on your flat heads, Yorubas wouldn't care less! grin
Tualeee baba! Basket mouth no reach us in swear grin grin grin but you're a clown still grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 13, 2017
laudate:

Hehehe.... ROFLMAO!! cheesy shocked grin

LMAO!

Abeg make I no disturb my neighbours with laugh this morning! grin cheesy cheesy

Unity and Peace is the ideal, but within the nonnegotiable qualities of mutual respect, regard and decorum.

Not to dey 'chest-beat' and issue 'ultimatums' all over the place.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by okway2: 1:33am On Sep 13, 2017
rosebowl01:

Wrong! I think this actuall directly concerns Yoruba more than any other group. Just like us, Igbos are a majority group in Nigeria, and southern Nigeria to be precise. A systematic attack of this type on Igbos sends a message to Yorubas that should the Fulanis decide to silence us, nobody can stop them. I know that Igbos are not our friends per se, but our mutual interests in this union is unfortunately tied to the same issue. We must rise up to fight this attack on freedom of speech and association with the same (or greater) vigor that we use to condemn Kanu's hate speech and constant insult.

Emotions aside, Op's point is quite clear and I can only but agree with it 100%

Your post history suggests that you're Ibo, so why are you crying for "we Yoruba"?

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Nobody: 1:36am On Sep 13, 2017
Throwback:
The day I feel any empathy towards the Igbos in Nigeria, is the day I know that I am suffering from an emotional disorder.

I know the Igbos inside out. I will never be fooled by their antics.

The best thing for the Igbos is to have an Igbo only country of their own, but this must be championed by the constitutional political leadership of the region, else we end up with a Somalia beside us.

Whatever calamity befalls them owing to Kanu's hatred and big mouth, is thoroughly deserved.

I will watch it on CNN and I will not be moved.

The Yorubas like the OP are the types the Igbos hope still exist so they can continue to get away with their hatred, but those Yorubas are a dying breed. I represent a breed of Yoruba that will never tolerate an unrepentant and notoriously ungrateful enemy on my own land.

The Igbos see this OP and they smile that the "Yoruba coward" is still available to come to their rescue because he is a gentleman who is stupid. The kind of Yoruba they like, but soon to be berated once they get what they need from you.
Truer words have not been spoken!
The time for tolerance of such sh*t is over!!!

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Deedeedee0: 1:47am On Sep 13, 2017
MasterChen:
You folks forget things easily on this forum lol.

Have we forgotten how these clowns were twerking when some ND thugs said Yorubas must leave ND before October 1?

Have we forgotten how they used to call us Unity-begging Afon-jas everytime we told them this method is ineffective?

Have we forgotten how they used to call us environmentalists everytime Avengers burst pipeline?

Have we forgotten the Yoruba-Hausa Mile 2 clashes?

Have we forgotten how the same idiots were rejoicing when militants killed people at Ishawo

Man, I can go on and on

Una like to dey tie Gele go party wey dem no invite una.

I think what the NA did is wrong, BUT it's none of our business. The same way it wasn't their business when Yoruba leaders were being hunted for standing up against Abacha

The op seem to have also forgotten how they laughed at us when the Niger Delta Militants killed many Yoruba people in Arepo and Ikorodu last year. They even tried to twist it by claiming those Militants were Yoruba and not Ijaws.
Though i was not registered to Nairaland then, but i saw all their comments.
If the Op has forgotten so soon, i will and can not.
So he better use his opolo.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by MasterChen: 1:49am On Sep 13, 2017
Deedeedee0:

The op seem to have also forgotten how they laugh at us when the Niger Delta Militants killed many Yoruba people in Arepo and Ikorodu last year. They even tried to twist it by claiming those Militants were Yoruba and not Ijaws.
Though i was not registered to Nairaland then, but i saw all their comments.
If the Op has forgotten so soon, i will and can not.
So he better use his opolo.

Op na big otondo. He logged in with another moniker to post the same crap in support grin

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Fidelismaria: 1:54am On Sep 13, 2017
cry
Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by rosebowl01(m): 2:42am On Sep 13, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Deeply felt principles are above such pettiness. You either have the integrity to stand up for what you believe or you don't. The infantile posts of internet keyboard warriors should hardly be the basis on which you build your opinions. Your post encapsulates the problems of the Nigerian South and why despite all the worthless Phd's, those Northern "illiterates" show the political savvy that eludes us.

Thank you for this point you made. Principle over emotions.
I myself do not appreciate the behavior from the other side (your side), but I also understand that 1.their interest is tied to ours, 2. We can always control how we react to what we perceive as behaviors that we do not appreciate.
Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by rosebowl01(m): 3:11am On Sep 13, 2017
okway2:

Your post history suggests that you're Ibo, so why are you crying for "we Yoruba"?

Lol, me ibo, well check my "post history" again, but this time, read the comments.
Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Markfemi2: 3:49am On Sep 13, 2017
omohayek:

While I find your principled stance on this issue admirable, what do you do when the people on whose behalf you want to take such a stand insist on insulting you for it, just like a certain troll on this thread has done several times now? Why play the martyr for idiots who can never see anything positive in anything done by anyone Yoruba?

No matter how well-intentioned you are, you can't force help on people who don't want to be helped, and who are so eaten up by envy and hatred that they feel compelled to call you a "coward" even on a thread which is all about taking a stand on their behalf. It seems like a waste of energy to me to be sticking up for principles on behalf of those who are intent on making enemies of everyone, even those - or, rather, particularly those - who extend their hands in friendship.

i am starting to agree with you its veery hard to reach out to the ingrates

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by fabre4: 4:20am On Sep 13, 2017
oladeebo:
why are you people jitterying here better send delegation to safe your lord over there bunch of traitors & detractors!

You know there was a time I would look forward to your post every sunday. Judging from your recent posts I can see anger and hatred towards a particular set of people and to think that you were one of the nairalanders I could call on as true Christians shows how much of a joke Christianity is or rather your hypocrisy.

Anyway like the op said I will start making it a point of duty to defend any part of the south cos am a southerner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Viergeachar: 5:04am On Sep 13, 2017
Saintsquare:
Yorubas are eating ofe nsala lol

What does that mean?
Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by myright: 5:26am On Sep 13, 2017
Op, i commend you for this post. Please keep advising your brothers. We hope they have a re-think...... By the time the reprisal starts in the north, all ethnic nationalities in the south would be affected. Yoruba corpers won't be spared either.
Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Wyttcat: 5:31am On Sep 13, 2017
This same op was the one calling and asking Yoruba to attack Hausa in the SW whenever ibos are attacked in Enugu by the Hausa. I really went to town on him that day before the thread was later removed. This man is one of the reasons Yoruba are abused everyday. One can't help but wonder how ibos got to his brain. This fight is a 3-way fight and no one negotiates from the position of weakness. Ibos have to first of all learn their lessons and learn to respect us before we start standing up for them. Let your abuser come crawling to you for help first before jumping to action to save them. Yoruba really need to do something about these cowards who can't hold their own past the ears before capitulating. They are as dangerous as the enemies. Mere threatening to beat them will cause them to tell every secret of their lives, it's really pathetic. The measure of a man is to take a position and stand on it come hell or high water. Fighting for people who abuse you is Stockholm syndrome and cowardice which most Yoruba are, yes I said it, only about 5% Yoruba have courage to hold down their own. Yoruba don't want to die, but living dead. OMO GO, E NI KO MA SHA KU, KILO MA OMO NA, SE KI NSE EGO NI? We urgently need workshops on self confidence for Yoruba youths, else we are screwed!

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by graphiti: 5:35am On Sep 13, 2017
@imperialYoruba, i have just a question for u: are u more imperial/cerebral than Wole Soyinka? I hope u know dt d presumed 'silence' of Soyinka (& other well meaning omoluabis) is not 4 want of what to say.
#a word is enuff 4 d wise
#go figure

Cc masterchen, laudate, mayoroflagos, omohayek, johnxcel okway2 donvikings throwback elsonmorali markfemi2 alcatraz007

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 13, 2017
MetaPhysical:
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!

Whichever way we cut it, this siege by Nigerian Army on Iboland is a wrong and cruel move. I am sure all Yorubas will agree on that. However, the cold responses from Yoruba is an indictment of Ibo bad behavior and their aggressive assaults on Yoruba culture and society. It appears Ibo will be well received, and even defended, if the relationship was cordial.

The sole reason Ojukwu suffered much losses was he thought himself self-sufficient and needed no one behind him in the fight against Nigeria. If Kanu looses this fight to actualize Biafra it will not be because he lacked a fighting spirit, but that his fights were directed at those he needed in support of his struggle. Yoruba alone, shielding Kanu, can detract his opponents and bogg them down in political intrigues and compel them to yield to the demands of secession.

Developing a positive and progressive relationship with the Yorubas ought to be a policy in the top three agenda of IPOB, and Ibos generally. It is parri passu with the goal of winning independence and sovereingty for Biafra.

When it comes to Yoruba, Ibo need a new attitude...a non-rebellious, non-aggressive attiitude.
Wonderful submission. But those fools have burnt all the bridges without remorse. And now they expect support from those that they have cursed and insulted the hell out. You can't plant maize and reap cassava. Imagine, what Yoruba support could have meant to iPod struggle.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by orisa37: 7:13am On Sep 13, 2017
Your point is good. Thanks.
Let Kanu willingly give himself up to the Police. No one will hurt him.
Stop harassing fellow Nigerians doing legitimate businesses in any Igboland.
Your Governments should rent Ranches to Fulani Herdsmen and charge them rents, rates and taxes on their assessable profits.
Stop being paranoid about Fulani becoming Emir of Aba. Impossible.
Nigeria will soon be restructured by omission or commission.
By afgg.
Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 13, 2017
Wyttcat:
This same op was the one calling and asking Yoruba to attack Hausa in the SW whenever ibos are attacked by the Hausa.
Really?
He really said that??
So many saboteurs!
What!?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by victorDanladi: 7:24am On Sep 13, 2017
beamtopola:

wasn't only when gej was president that govt started giving respect to Soyinka.
Soyinka fought the northern cabals? seem you are a kid. what power does he had then. when better people dey talk you dey go call Soyinka.
Government started giving respect to wole when GEJ become president?..omo,you are the smallest kid!

1.When wole soyinka was arrested for supporting biafra im 1967(The IGBOs later called him mad professor in 2013).Also,google the founder of FRSC(With this your GEJ gave soyinka respect)

2.when wole soyinka and femi falana of save Nigeria group was campaigning against the turai yaradua led cabal stopping GEJ from becoming the Ag. president.(IGBOs later call yorubas betrayals)

THATS HOW THE SOPHISTICATED YORUBAS WILL BE BURSTING IGBOs EMPTY CHESTBEAT AND LIES WITH FACTS AND FIGURES.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Why Secondus Can't Be Removed From Office Till December - Enoidem / Paid Black Americans Counters Yoruba Nation Protesters In New York, USA / How Plastic Surgery Destroyed Mrs Obiano’s Looks: See Before And After Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.