Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House (35297 Views)

Notorious Bandit, Bello Turjii Is NOT An Officer - Police PRO Reacts / Gunmen Attack Unwana Ebonyi Police Station, Inspector Killed, One Shot (Graphic) / Yahoo Boys Weep As SARS Officer Threatens To Kill Them [VIDEOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by metatron60: 9:24am On Sep 13, 2017
The story does not add up, there is only one dead SARS operative in the pic, he was shot,multiple times too going by the splattering of blood everywhere, and killed in that tight crevice(obviously he ran there trying to escape and was cornered)...and his body was dragged out afterwards(check the blood trail) .So where is the other inspector killed?
There's more to the pic than the fake stories been attached to it.

1 Like

Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by banmee(m): 9:24am On Sep 13, 2017
boostdom:

You lack critical thinking. It's probably due to the fact that you have never handled weaponry before and also facing an opponent with weaponry whose actions you can't predicate. Below is my earlier reply to someone else. Don't quote me again.

Lol. It is always funny to me when i see write ups from computer warriors. Handled weaponry grin. Guy, that is what i do on a daily basis. Have you ever faced an enemy in your life whose intent is to end you? Keep typing mr computer warrior. I responded to an insensitive post you made based on your rubbish thought process. Abi no be you write this?

boostdom:
The dead security operatives probably didn't have warrants. These clowns trespass private properties with reckless abandon.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by KAYD007(m): 9:26am On Sep 13, 2017
Themandator:

Search warrant can be printed in any business centre ... The most appropriate way to be sure you are not dealing with criminals is for them to stand down while a check is carried out with their superior ... You can't be armed and expect the others to loose guard and be calling your commissioner.

Where are other members of the team is it just the two of them that went to search somebody's home?

In the story, it was also stated that some or/one of them escaped who and reported the matter to the office.

Pray tell me, if it was the other way around..ie, the IG monitory team conducting a raid , and the state police comes upon them, do you think they will surrender and disarm going by their claim of superiority over police officers of the state simply because they are under the IG? are the police officers in the state not working under the IG too?
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by salesforce: 9:36am On Sep 13, 2017
Oh
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by Daboomb: 9:38am On Sep 13, 2017
Billyonaire:
Buhari has lost control of the country. Rats have taken over the seat of power and are running things.

Animals like you dont have anything tangible to say or think, except to prove that Buahri has made you mad.

Keep linking even your failed education to Buahri, that is how it is going to be until you decide to jump into the Lagoon.

Anuofia.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by chigoizie7(m): 9:41am On Sep 13, 2017
They were breaking the laws and also messing up with our fundamental rights. Now we don reach their side.

Had it been they had a warrant to search or raid, ee no for reach like this.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by Hotzone(m): 9:50am On Sep 13, 2017
Conflicting stories...moderator should kindly explain
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by SmartyPants(m): 9:54am On Sep 13, 2017
Themandator:

Search warrant can be printed in any business centre ... The most appropriate way to be sure you are not dealing with criminals is for them to stand down while a check is carried out with their superior ... You can't be armed and expect the others to loose guard and be calling your commissioner.

Where are other members of the team is it just the two of them that went to search somebody's home?

Wrong again. The monitoring team had no right to ask them to stand down. Once there is a warrant the most they should have done was standby to monitor the process.

Once you are shown what appears to be a valid warrant in possession of clearly identified officers of the law, your only available move is to step aside!

Any checks can be made after. Besides the story shows that they refused to call the commissioner which means they were not interested in genuine confirmation.

Dunno what you are trying to defend here. A clear illegality has occurred.

3 Likes

Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by onadana: 10:07am On Sep 13, 2017
boostdom:
The dead security operatives probably didn't have warrants. These clowns trespass private properties with reckless abandon.

You are a bigger clown..maybe someone will call your corpse a worse name.Did'nt you read where they said they came with a search warrant.Receive sense abeg.

1 Like

Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by naturefellow(m): 10:12am On Sep 13, 2017
Nigerdeltaboi:
RIP officer, A little discretion would have saved him on the other hand I don't blame him for not standing down thou.
I have seen some of this IG monitoring guys and they look like battle hardened monsters.
They had to create monsters to tackle monsters
Those guys just need to observe Jack Bauer's act in any one season of 24 to understand tactics.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by Daboomb: 10:15am On Sep 13, 2017
onadana:

You are a bigger clown..maybe someone will call your corpse a worse name.Did'nt you read where they said they came with a search warrant.Receive sense abeg.

You know some of these fools that comment, dont even read the story or understand what they read. grin grin
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by akfeas(m): 10:17am On Sep 13, 2017
You folks are just spewing trash. You speak like you don't know the SARS operatives. It's obvious they were on illegal operations. The reporting officer is simply lying. SARS can never go with just 2 men on a raid. Besides they disgust me a lot. The whole task force is filled with thugs.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:26am On Sep 13, 2017
Billyonaire:
Buhari has lost control of the country. Rats have taken over the seat of power and are running things.
it reminds me of the animal farm and how the animals sent Mr. Jones out of his farm and Napoleon the pic become as dictator that even started selling his fellow animals.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by kindredspirit(m): 10:31am On Sep 13, 2017
boostdom:

It is irrational and smacks of bad judgment if you intend shooting an equally armed man with a rifle, just to injure. You have probable cause to assume he will shoot you too, especially where there is conflict as stated here.

I am trained in weaponry handling, one of the first things you get taught is that if you are confronting an equally armed opposition and there is heightened tension, and you can draw probable cause that your opponent will shoot, then you have to shoot first...and that is "shoot to immobilize him".

The bad judgment started from the dead security operatives who went there without warrant, and won't stand down even when they had no legal authority to enter that property in the first place.

The dead security operative went there without a warrant ? Wow! Who told you this ? The statement from the lawyer said they did. How could you have missed that part? C'mon mehn! You can do better than this.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by eejo(m): 10:33am On Sep 13, 2017
Nigeria security forces had no discipline from the army to the police to me boko haram are tactically discipline than our security forces. untill discipline returns to the security forces things like this will continue to happen what a shame
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by bluecircle470: 10:37am On Sep 13, 2017
LordsApostle:
Did he die?

He's on drip
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by chiefbuchiV12(m): 10:43am On Sep 13, 2017
Shebi na Sars..... Dats good for dem
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by abbeyfel: 10:47am On Sep 13, 2017
This shows lack of proper training and professionalism. When a group with superior fire power tells you to stand down, then you have no option. Same even applies to war zones. You must obey and talk later. Identification and verification can be done afterwards. This is not an issue of Nigeria being a zoo, it can happen anywhere...
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by Akious2k2(m): 10:54am On Sep 13, 2017
EponOjuku:
A sergeant shot an inspector who was armed with a warrant and refused to stand down?

There is zero discipline in the police and the IGP must personally handle this matter. Else, one day, an IGP may be shot on the verbal orders of the Chairman of the PSC.
Another funny thing from d story is dat, d IGP squad claimed 2 b answerable 2 only d IGP
but were invited 2 d scene by an ordinary neighbour
whom u don't even know if he's telling d truth
about d fact dat dose guys are armed robbers or not

1 Like

Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by chiraqDemon(m): 10:55am On Sep 13, 2017
profolaolu:
Return to ur cage, U av made ur point
The thing in not understanding is if the killers are not also from the same state. Like if they get Biafra now won't it be the same set of ppl that will make up the Biafran police??
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by Jungleluv5: 10:55am On Sep 13, 2017
Billyonaire:
ugwu man u are mad is Buhari police or cp
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 13, 2017
kindredspirit:

The dead security operative went there without a warrant ? Wow! Who told you this ? The statement from the lawyer said they did. How could you have missed that part? C'mon mehn! You can do better than this.

I didn't see this in the article. Will you show me?

onadana:

I didn't see where they said they went with warrant. Will you show me?
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by Reference(m): 11:02am On Sep 13, 2017
Instutionalise, they say no, professionalism, they say no. Restructure, they say no. They like it this way so they have it. The same police force under the same leadership with conflicting interests shoot each other to death. Don't we just love this circus called Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by lexy2014: 11:03am On Sep 13, 2017
MrKong:

The commissioner men should have stand-down, IG men serves a higher authority
in this case were they serving a higher authority or they were serving d suspect? was d case initiated from d office of d IG hence warranting their intervention or was this just a clear case of insubordination &abuse of power?
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by kripen(m): 11:10am On Sep 13, 2017
This can't be the end of the story, our fingers is still crossed we are still waiting for the end.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by lexy2014: 11:22am On Sep 13, 2017
Themandator:

It doesn't matter ...Stand down means stand down ....The IG team is superior to that of the commissioner. Even the commissioner cannot just call the IG in this matter because by the intransigence of his team they have proved to be disloyal to constituted authority
it matters my friend and stand down doesn't just mean stand down. Did d IGs men intervene in d case cos d case emanated from d IGs office or was it a result of a call from d suspect? If d case didn't emanate from d IGs office, then they acting ultra vires. Second, if they had any genuine interest in d case they should have channeled their concerns thru their own chain of command. D ogas will always sort things out and give d orders on who should stand down or not stand down. A sergeant just shows up&tells an inspector 2 "stand down" just cos he works with d IG, that's indiscipline&abuse of power. It's like what soldiers did 2 journalists yday at umuahia. they weren't acting on authority. they acted cos they feel they had power
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by ComputerSeller: 11:31am On Sep 13, 2017
profolaolu:
Return to ur cage, U av made ur point
grin

1 Like

Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by kindredspirit(m): 11:35am On Sep 13, 2017
boostdom:

I didn't see this in the article. Will you show me?

I didn't see where they said they went with warrant. Will you show me?

I reckon you didn't read the facebook post by the lawyer, Christian Woke, under the pictures of the late SARS operative in the article.

The lawyer said the SARS operative and his partner took along a search warrant to the house of the suspect upon which they discovered a short gun etc.

Take a look at it again. Maybe you might review your judgement about the professional conduct ( or lack thereof ) of the late cop vis a vis that of the IGPs X-Squad men in that tense situation that led to a homicide.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by Max24: 11:40am On Sep 13, 2017
This IGP needs to step down. We now have the worst police in history under him. Effect of picking an IGP based on ethnicity rather than competence. Arase was miles ahead.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 13, 2017
kindredspirit:

I reckon you didn't read the facebook post by the lawyer, Christian Woke, under the pictures of the late SARS operative in the article.

The lawyer said the SARS operative and his partner took along a search warrant to the house of the suspect upon which they discovered a short gun etc.

Take a look at it again. Maybe you might review your judgement about the professional conduct ( or lack thereof ) of the late cop vis a vis that of the IGPs X-Squad men in that tense situation that led to a homicide.

That Facebook post was just added. When I made my comment yesterday and earlier this morning, it wasn't there. On the account of that new info, I withdraw my claim.

Now, since we are going by the "lawyer's" post, which is so terribly written, you must understand that this is just the "lawyer's" claim, it does not mean it is fact until it has gone through dialectic perusal by the police commission.

You must also understand, just like my first post you quoted, that when confronted by numerically superior opposition like this with weapons, the wise thing is to stand down till the situation defuses. If you are rational, how do you predicate the actions of others, will they be rational? It's just like driving, no matter how good you are at it, you must be wary of other road users too.

Hopefully, more info will be revealed about this, and my opinion will change as appropriate.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by lozanni(m): 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2017
AlanSugar:

I also thought about this but don't you think "shoot to wound" in order to disarm would have resulted to massive exchange of gun fire, which prolly was the case here as you opined and also suspected by this aparent "shattering" of the body! Mehn, that couldn't have been from a couple of bullets, more like the emptying of an entire mag! So sad.

Its quite unfortunate, maybe the Sars guys were on illegal duty after having been paid by an individual, hence their refusal to hand over their weapons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Cleaner Steals N5.675m In Nyanya Abuja(Photo) / 84-Year-Old Woman Languishes In Prison, Years After Son Died In Jail. Photos / Nigerian Man Beaten & Tortured In Malaysia By Fellow Nigerians (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.