Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House (35324 Views)

Notorious Bandit, Bello Turjii Is NOT An Officer - Police PRO Reacts / Gunmen Attack Unwana Ebonyi Police Station, Inspector Killed, One Shot (Graphic) / Yahoo Boys Weep As SARS Officer Threatens To Kill Them [VIDEOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by lozanni(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2017
KAYD007:

Disarming the SARS team by shooting to wound would only lead to blood bath, because the one wounded would definitely return fire and in the process civilian lives.

For me, The IG Monitory team where in the wrong...the information that was sent to them was a compromised info.... going by the story, they were told armed robbers were carrying out an operation...only to get there and met fellow colleagues doing their job...this was not soldiers on police case situation but police to police, so asking their colleagues who were doing their legitimate duties was way out of line.

A simple call to the commissioner of police of the state or who ever was in charge of the IG monitoring team at the state level ..would have resolved this amicably.

The IG monitory team should be held for murder! angry

The IG monitoring team might have been very suspicious of the Sars men as they refused to hand over their weapons first. In the past Robbers have dressed in police and military uniforms to rob innocent people
In the US, the FBI's authority supercedes that of the State police, that was why I wrote about the rules of engagement among the Police here.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by lozanni(m): 12:55pm On Sep 13, 2017
boostdom:

It is irrational and smacks of bad judgment if you intend shooting an equally armed man with a rifle, just to injure. You have probable cause to assume he will shoot you too, especially where there is conflict as stated here.

I am trained in weaponry handling, one of thy he first things you get taught is that if you are confronting an equally armed opposition and there is heightened tension, and you can draw probable cause that your opponent will shoot, then you have to shoot first...and that is "shoot to immobilize him".

The bad judgment started from the dead security operatives who went there without warrant, and won't stand down even when they had no legal authority to enter that property in the first place.

You might be right. If there are rules of engagement in the NPF, the Sars team should have obeyed the instructions of the IGP's team by dropping their weapons.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by RillJ(m): 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2017
Cause?
Over-bloated ego, superiority complex and emotional imbalance.
Trust me, I know how it is.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by Lufthansa: 1:20pm On Sep 13, 2017
That's the height of unprofessionalism on the path of the murderers!
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by vinlinks: 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2017
lafflaff123:
Wow

He who kill by gun will die by gun.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by otokx(m): 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2017
IamAlexander:

I doubt it too... terrible use of tenses. It can't be true.

better believe it, the effect of Wazobia FM is real.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by kunletexs: 6:59am On Sep 14, 2017
What is wrong with our security system? You are told to stand down, then do it since you are outnumbered and no one knows who is who.

It after that, that you would now call your various department for clarification.

What a life wasted.

But should there not be chain of command? Some police needs to be brain checked, formatted and reset.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by kunletexs: 7:20am On Sep 14, 2017
lexy2014:
in this case were they serving a higher authority or they were serving d suspect? was d case initiated from d office of d IG hence warranting their intervention or was this just a clear case of insubordination &abuse of power?

Thanks for pointing that out to them, they were there based on summon from a civilian and not from igp so they needed to have stand down when they saw that the other team produce warrant and not claim that they are answerable to igp where clearly they came for an op not sanctioned by the igp.
Re: SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House by tk4rd: 8:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
"..... and in the course of argument, the security operatives were shot dead...."
The Dumbest thing I've ever read anywhere..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Beaten & Tortured In Malaysia By Fellow Nigerians (Photos) / Nigerian Prostitute Gang Raped In Russia By 4 Drunk Men / I Robbed People To Build A House-suspected Car Snatcher (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.