Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian (1947 Views)

Buhari: The Lockdown Will Last As Long As Our Advisers Say / South-West Monarchs To Save Osinbajo From Impeachment - The Guardian / Buhari’s Body Double Suspicion That Won’t Go Away - The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by mesoprogress(m): 4:09am On Sep 13, 2017
A Pro-Democracy organisation, Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria (HURIWA), yesterday accused the President Muhammadu Buhari administration of maltreating Ndigbo in same manner the Rohingya ethnic groups are being treated by the regime in Myanmar.

It also described as unconstitutional the military occupation of the South East of Nigeria in what is called Operation Python Dance II, saying the deployment was an unnecessary show of force to provoke the civilian population.

In a statement by its National Coordinator and Media Affairs Director, Comrade Emmanuel Onwubiko and Zainab Yusuf in Abuja, the group maintained that the millitarisation of the zone violates Sections 217 and 218 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended).

HURIWA also condemned the alleged invasion likening the incident to criminal and gross violation of human rights as enshrined in chapter four of the nation’s lawbook.

The group urged the United Nations and African Union to “note that President Buhari is treating the over 50 million Igbo-speaking people just like the Rohingya tribal people of Burma (Myanmar) through a well-coordinated deprivation and denial of the constitutionally guaranteed freedoms.

“We call on the UN and world leaders to take special note of the systematic marginalisation of Igbo people by the current government of Buhari similar to the experiences of the Rohingya ethnic group.”

HURIWA said the central government has “persistently alienated Igbo-speaking persons from top notch defence and political positions in clear violations of Section 14 (3) and (4) of the constitution and also failed to stop the incessant violent invasion of villages by armed herdsmen, resulting in the killing of scores of innocent persons in the South East.”

They went on: “The failure to appoint an indigenous military chief to represent the Igbo which is a major ethnic group violates the constitution which demands equitable distribution of positions to reflect national spread and federal character.”

http://guardian.ng/news/huriwa-alleges-maltreatment-of-igbo-ethnic-nationality-by-buhari/?F

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by lafflaff123(m): 4:15am On Sep 13, 2017
Being a member of the UN is voluntary.

Nigeria can decide as a country to pull out tomorrow, and there will be no consequences. The United Nations, as far as i am concerned anyway, is a toothless bulldog, that has lost its relevance a long time ago.

The United States with her allies attacked Irag,Afghanistan and even invaded Panama to overthrow Manuel Noriega without the backing of the United Nations and nothing happened.

Was the JOINT UN Military not there, when Sudanese were massacred in their thousands in Darfur?and what did they say?they were not authorised to fire at the rebels killing helpless civilians.

So this UN you IPOB people keep shouting about will fail you.

I will rather the President Militarize Abia State, than give a vagabond like Nnamdi Kanu the opportunity to be training,arming and equipping secessionist soldiers, under the guise of IPOB.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by chuks013: 4:19am On Sep 13, 2017
Abeg who dey maltreat biafra..mke stop am o...

Guy above..wetin b ok....u dey book space 4 ftc abi
Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by Nobody: 4:27am On Sep 13, 2017
Buhari is a terrible failure. A haggard looking, scruffy tribal bigot and islamic fundamentalist. A bloodthirsty power hungry illiterate with no higher education, no wonder he put the country through two recessions.

Hopefully the vegetable will go back to his village come 2019. A bizarre, prehistoric Neanderthal of his calibre has no business ruling homosapiens in this 21st century.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by Celcius: 4:36am On Sep 13, 2017
This is just worsening the case for 2019.
Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by sekxyqueen(f): 4:42am On Sep 13, 2017
Buhari doesn't know what he is doing to himself till those guys decides to carry weapons to defend themselves..I remember one time in Osha when those their armored tankers were set ablaze by ordinary citizens...those guys are only keeping quiet because they don't wanna be labelled terrorists which zoo army have been forcing them to..and Nigeria should trade with caution because if they should decide to strike, belive me..everyone will be affected and at the end..Biafra shall be declared. ..

with or without war...onething is inevitable, ,and that is Biafra restoration.

9 Likes

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by Nobody: 4:54am On Sep 13, 2017

Toilet paper? no thanks, I going green wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by Nobody: 4:57am On Sep 13, 2017
sekxyqueen:
and you said I should share country with these animals..

You lie pass Nnamdi Kanu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by Firefire(m): 5:05am On Sep 13, 2017
lafflaff123:
[s]Being a member of the UN is voluntary.

Nigeria can decide as a country to pull out tomorrow, and there will be no consequences. The United Nations, as far as i am concerned anyway, is a toothless bulldog, that has lost its relevance a long time ago.

The United States with her allies attacked Irag,Afghanistan and even invaded Panama to overthrow Manuel Noriega without the backing of the United Nations and nothing happened.

Was the JOINT UN Military not there, when Sudanese were massacred in their thousands in Darfur?and what did they say?they were not authorised to fire at the rebels killing helpless civilians.

I will rather the President Militarize Abia State, than give a vagabond like Nnamdi Kanu the opportunity to be training,arming and equipping secessionist soldiers, under the guise of IPOB.

[/s]

Hate speech as usual., SMH for children of hate & anger.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by lafflaff123(m): 5:06am On Sep 13, 2017
Firefire:
[/s]

IPOB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by Firefire(m): 5:09am On Sep 13, 2017
lafflaff123:

IPOB

I will be glad to be labeled IPOB than allowing such spirit full of hatred to overshadow my thoughts.

Omo, you & your likes need deliverance.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by PehaKaso: 5:11am On Sep 13, 2017
undecided
Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by tobiasbeecher: 5:20am On Sep 13, 2017
lafflaff123:

Senseless comment, he said that UN has lost its powers but he doesn't know that the UN is predominantly controlled by those countries he mentioned. Any resolution they reach is what will happen in UN. Nigeria is an aid-dependent country so it cannot pull out of UN without dire consequences. I'm sure he doesn't also know the quantum of UN intervention in Nigeria, hence he is trivializing their importance. The idiot bringing war to Nigeria is no other person than your bigot presidiot. Very soon, he will meet his waterloo!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by lafflaff123(m): 5:33am On Sep 13, 2017
Firefire:

I will be glad to be labeled IPOB than allowing such spirit full of hatred to overshadow my thoughts.

Omo, you & your likes need deliverance.

Warreva.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by Firefire(m): 5:35am On Sep 13, 2017
lafflaff123:

Warreva.

Kontinue... KARMA will ACT at the right time. Watch out!

2 Likes

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by Victornezzar: 5:40am On Sep 13, 2017
lafflaff123:

Trash

6 Likes

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by lafflaff123(m): 5:58am On Sep 13, 2017
Victornezzar:

Trash

It pain am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by Ikechuob: 6:00am On Sep 13, 2017
lafflaff123:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So you mean your niggeria that depends on UN for almost everything is going to pull out from it grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

I believe it when I see it. Any other country will do it, not your shameless begging ass zoo.

6 Likes

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by lafflaff123(m): 6:02am On Sep 13, 2017
Ikechuob:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So you mean your niggeria is depends on UN for almost everything is going to pull out from it grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

I believe it when I see it. Any it her country will do it, not your shameless begging ass zoo.

IPOB spotted.

1 Like

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by Ikechuob: 6:04am On Sep 13, 2017
lafflaff123:

IPOB spotted.

Better to be an IPOB than a BMC zombie.

How much money did you collect today to make a fool of yourself on the Internet?

4 Likes

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by lafflaff123(m): 6:07am On Sep 13, 2017
Ikechuob:

Better to be an IPOB than a BMC zombie.

How much money did you collect today to make a fool of yourself on the Internet?

That even reminds me,please who do I approach here that will pay me?who is in charge of BMC here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by Ikechuob: 6:10am On Sep 13, 2017
lafflaff123:

That even reminds me,please who do I approach here that will pay me?who is in charge of BMC here?

I knew hunger dey worry you. Don't worry i heard them pay a 1000 per post. I can't believe you displayed that stupid post for free. Shame!!! Shame!!

Sarrki here's a potential BMC jor.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by Bari22: 6:14am On Sep 13, 2017
hmm
Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by lafflaff123(m): 6:14am On Sep 13, 2017
Ikechuob:

I knew hunger dey worry you. Don't worry i heard them pay a 1000 per post. I can't believe you displayed that stupid post for free. Shame!!! Shame!!

Sarrki here's a potential BMC jor.

Okay thanks.

Let me look for the Sarrki guy.
Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by DonVikings: 6:14am On Sep 13, 2017
TheCabal:

Toilet paper? no thanks, I going green wink
Me too. grin grin

I'm really disappointed Abõkis haven't started making suya yet. I want to buy that of N5000. grin
Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by NothingDoMe: 6:16am On Sep 13, 2017
lafflaff123:

Let war break out and you'll find out how toothless the International community is.

The FG should rein in this matter before it further escalates.

3 Likes

Re: HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian by vedaxcool(m): 6:22am On Sep 13, 2017
HURIWA are senseless liars there is no comparison between what Royhingyas are facing with Igbos. The Royhingyas are denied citizenship, are the Igbos denied that right? The Royhingyas houses are being burnt are the Igbos houses being burnt? The Royhingyas are being deliberately forced out of their houses are the Igbos being forced out and made refugees? There is simply no parallel with Royhingyas only this drunken writers made up fantasies.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: NAF Helicopter Crashes In North East Counter-insurgency Operation / Throwback: Gambari Asks Buhari To Implement 2014 National Conference Report / godswill akpabio Should Serve Life In Prison - Video evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.