Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

"Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" (1319 Views)

Betting And Gambling Can Bring Happiness To Your Life / She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? / Two Nairalanders Set To Tie The Knot On Saturday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by ako1tse: 6:23am On Sep 13, 2017
"Don't tie all your happiness to anybody, not even your husband"

Yes, I know I am looking for trouble but it is what it is, do not tie all your happiness to anybody.

It is very common to have people who have either been mis-sold the concept of love or who are naïve enough to claim all their happiness is tied to their partner.

You need to be selfless in love, true.
You need to give your all, true.
However, you also need to be sensible in love and that is the biggest truth hidden away.

Love can be parasitic where one person truly loves another who doesn't reciprocate but that's not love you are getting, you are just giving it.
To get love back while you are giving it, the relationship needs to be symbiotic, you give, you get.

You can tie your happiness to a man or woman and it will go well until he or she starts to hurt you emotionally or even physically.
What happens then?

A better way to go about it is to love yourself first then let the love you have for your partner be because you love yourself enough to want him or her. While we don't pray for anything to happen, if it does, it just becomes one vacant branch of love.

Will it affect you? Yes, a bit.
Will it take you down? No.

Say you have a wife, children, passion, parents, etc, but you tie majority of your happiness to one person or thing (say 70%). What happens if that person suddenly hurts you in a manner that's relatively irreparable? You are left with 30%. It will break you.
On the other hand if it is split equally and it's just 20% loss, you have 80% left of your life.

Don't mix it up, give 100% of the allocation for partner to him or her. But let that be only a portion of the total happiness in your life.

Scenario:
2010 - Get a source of income: "my husband takes care of me"

2013 - Develop your skills: "what am I looking for?"

2015 - Go back to school: "I am already married and comfortable, what am I looking for?"

2017: "He left me with all the children, where do I start from?" Is it at this age I will start looking for a job with a BSc and no experience or skill. Where do I get a capital if I want to start a business? How do I cope?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by EmperorLee(m): 6:26am On Sep 13, 2017
The slay mamas won't like this. They want a guy who drives ferrari and wears gucci

1 Like

Re: "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by lafflaff123(m): 6:34am On Sep 13, 2017
Ishilove come and read this.

Do you agree?

1 Like

Re: "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by Ishilove: 6:37am On Sep 13, 2017
lafflaff123:
Ishilove come and read this.

Do you agree?
1000 likes for the post.

Even the bible says it is a grievous sin to put all your hope in man. That man, that woman who you want to tie all your happiness to is also a human being like you: fallible and flawed.

Would you like someone tying all their hope on you, knowing you are but a flower in the sun?

Love should be symbiotic. What waters love and causes it to grow is love in itself.

Love them 100%, but also love yourself 100%.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by integrity85(m): 6:43am On Sep 13, 2017
Copied verbatim with no acknowledgement to the original Facebook post.
Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by Nutase: 6:43am On Sep 13, 2017
Word
Re: "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by lafflaff123(m): 6:43am On Sep 13, 2017
Ishilove:

1000 likes for the post.

Even the bible says it is a grievous sin to put all your hope in man. That man, that woman who you want to tie all your happiness to is also a human being like you: fallible and flawed.

Would you like someone tying all their hope on you, knowing you are but a flower in the sun?

Love should be symbiotic. What waters love and causes it to grow is love in itself.

Love them 100%, but also love yourself 100%.

So what happened to us sharing all those wealth together? cry

Now that you want to love yourself 100% only.
Re: "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by LanreGH(m): 6:44am On Sep 13, 2017
Wrong theory.... Your write-up is not applicable to reallfe situation. Where is the trust if you dont give it all?

I have always maintain my stand that when it comes to wife/hunband/girl/boy relationship, anything that makes you happy is welcome even if other people see it as bad/wrong.
Re: "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by Ishilove: 6:47am On Sep 13, 2017
ako1tse:
"Don't tie all your happiness to anybody, not even your husband"

Yes, I know I am looking for trouble but it is what it is, do not tie all your happiness to anybody.

It is very common to have people who have either been mis-sold the concept of love or who are naïve enough to claim all their happiness is tied to their partner.

You need to be selfless in love, true.
You need to give your all, true.
However, you also need to be sensible in love and that is the biggest truth hidden away.

Love can be parasitic where one person truly loves another who doesn't reciprocate but that's not love you are getting, you are just giving it.
To get love back while you are giving it, the relationship needs to be symbiotic, you give, you get.

You can tie your happiness to a man or woman and it will go well until he or she starts to hurt you emotionally or even physically.
What happens then?

A better way to go about it is to love yourself first then let the love you have for your partner be because you love yourself enough to want him or her. While we don't pray for anything to happen, if it does, it just becomes one vacant branch of love.

Will it affect you? Yes, a bit.
Will it take you down? No.

Say you have a wife, children, passion, parents, etc, but you tie majority of your happiness to one person or thing (say 70%). What happens if that person suddenly hurts you in a manner that's relatively irreparable? You are left with 30%. It will break you.
On the other hand if it is split equally and it's just 20% loss, you have 80% left of your life.

Don't mix it up, give 100% of the allocation for partner to him or her. But let that be only a portion of the total happiness in your life.

Scenario:
2010 - Get a source of income: "my husband takes care of me"

2013 - Develop your skills: "what am I looking for?"

2015 - Go back to school: "I am already married and comfortable, what am I looking for?"

2017: "He left me with all the children, where do I start from?" Is it at this age I will start looking for a job with a BSc and no experience or skill. Where do I get a capital if I want to start a business? How do I cope?
Mr Man/Miz Woman, if you're not the original writer then post the source link. Acknowledge the writer and stop this apalling plagiarism.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by Ishilove: 6:49am On Sep 13, 2017
lafflaff123:

"Love them 100%"

Na wetin I talk. Love your partner with all your heart, but don't tie all your happiness to them. In loving them, also love yourself so that your relationship doesn't become parasitic.
Re: "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by Ishilove: 6:56am On Sep 13, 2017
lafflaff123:

We will still share it na. We will turn them to beasts o' burdens and use them for revenue generation grin grin kiss
Re: "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by lafflaff123(m): 6:58am On Sep 13, 2017
Ishilove:

We will still share it na. We will turn them to beasts o' burdens and use them for revenue generation grin grin kiss

I am happy now kiss kiss kiss kiss

Mama Mukaila rice go don ready. Make I first go secure my own before all these keke guys go come buy every thing.

My phone dey with me anyway. kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by Ishilove: 7:05am On Sep 13, 2017
lafflaff123:

I am happy now kiss kiss kiss kiss

Mama Mukaila rice go don ready. Make I first go secure my own before all these keke guys go come buy every thing.

My phone dey with me anyway. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Hold your phone well before those ipob yoots will slap you and collect it from you cheesy
Re: "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by dingbang(m): 7:06am On Sep 13, 2017
lafflaff123:

na wa
Re: "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by lafflaff123(m): 7:11am On Sep 13, 2017
Ishilove:

Hold your phone well before those ipob yoots will slap you and collect it from you cheesy

I will turn them to turtles.

Search for this moniker Riwo11

Click on her name and follow her link to her website,which has same name.

Many female educative things there. It was not as If i even read those stories teaching women how to wash inside clean and other girly stuff.

I did not even read the story of the best part to touch a woman,and how to use my fingers.

You know that's true right?
Re: "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by Arthurwinner(m): 7:30am On Sep 13, 2017
neva advice anyone to do da ......people fail
Re: "Don't Tie All Your Happiness To Anybody, Not Even Your Husband" by babyfaceafrica: 7:50am On Sep 13, 2017
Story....why must you marry then,if you can give 100%?.....if you want to split your happiness,trustband loyalty...stay single!!!!!!..marriage is for those who give all

(1) (Reply)

Teenage Girl Caught With 2 Human Heads / One Cannot Be Poor In Peace Again? I Tire Oooo / Lady Catches Her Husband In Bed With Her Father. 3 Years After No Sex Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.