Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,418 members, 7,819,507 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 (2810 Views)

Python Dance: What Army Told Me About Killing Of Igbos – Ohanaeze Leader, Nwodo / Python Dance: What Army Told Me About Killing Of Igbos – Ohanaeze Leader, Nwodo / Nnamdi Kanu: Tune In To Channels TV NOW! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by johnydon22(m): 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2017
Just this morning I was on a mission to purchase groceries for breakfast in a nearby small market here in Enugu, I was greeted by a scene; armored vehicles and soldiers speeding through.

This was not an everyday sight surely and is bound to spark up malicious feelings amongst the people.

This is the recent operation by the Nigerian army in the South Eastern part of Nigeria, this is not only ill thought, I beg your pardon to use the word idiotic on the part of who ever proposed or ordered such an unnecessary exercise.

The issue of Biafra and Igbo secession transcends IPOB, there are many Igbo groups and persons who even though are not under the IPOB umbrella still nurture and allow themselves to bask in the possibility of a separate country.

A saying goes “If you are ignorant of History, you will repeat the same mistakes made in history”

After the civil war, Nigerian government was determined to totally erase every trace of the war from the Nigerian structure and history, it is impossible, it is a silly move and it is still to this day the chords that play the music the python dances.

It Is a typical black man tactic to ignore, cover up and pretend issues do not exist as a means to solve it, If you try to pretend a problem do not exist to achieve peace, you do not solve such problem rather you postpone it. You may have a pretentious peace for a while but surely the circle must repeat itself.

This is the scenario played in the anecdote of the Nigerian/Biafran tuggle.

We chose to run away from history, we chose to pretend; the ghost of history will forever haunt us, the shadow of the Nigerian/Biafran war will forever prey our sick minds.

An igbo adage says “The best way to kill a serpent is to cut off it’s head”

But right before us Nigeria wanted to kill a serpent by pretending it doesn’t exist, if that is not the highest mark of moronity I wonder what else is.

The Nigerian-Biafran civil war is a reality, today more than 4 decades after this battle, the war is far from being over, maybe quietness have being achieved but make no mistake – Quietness should and must never be mistaken for peace.

Today the ghost of Biafra is still lurking in the very fabrics that holds Nigeria, in the very foundation that makes our collective goals.

Have we ever wondered why more than 4 decades after the war, the idea of Biafra is yet to be erased from the heart and minds of the Igbo people majority of those today who did not witness the war?

It is because the Python is not dead, Nigeria chose to pretend it is, today the same python is dancing in the East.

Operation Python dance in the history of military operations I have known through out my young life is by far the most Ill thought, quietness by forceful coercion can never bring peace.

Since inception I have applauded the IPOB organization for utilizing hard cut civil disobedience in their upheaval for Biafra, the response to this tactic will determine the fate of this country and by far will alter the course of our history either for good or worse and from what I have seen Nigeria is on the sure path to the wrong move.

In any clamor for political attention, individuals or group have two options before them;

1. Civil disobedience

2. Violence

The IPOB have chosen Civil disobedience, the response from the Nigerian government and majority of the people divided along ethnic lines and bigotry instead of objective judgment will lead this towards all out Violence.

The Python is dancing in the East, the army have claimed this is to safe guard the life, property and maintain peace in the region but the opposite is the case – the Python’s dance is causing that which it aims to prevent.

So what is the music of the python?

Who is playing the tunes?

What type of tune is the python dancing to?

Since the inception of this exercise; we here in the south feel more insecure, we feel more threatened and the peace in the region have been terribly rippled – so what exactly is the tune of the Python’s dance?

Since the Python started dancing: there is unrest in Abia and Rivers State.

Since the Python started dancing: Enugu, Anambra, Ebonyi and Imo is paranoid

Since the python started dancing: more than a dozen is dead and many injured.

So why is the Python dancing since it’s dance is directly responsible for that which it claims to prevent?

The greatest enemy of Justice is not lie but silence of the truth in the face of Injustice, if Nigerians do not come together and condemn what is wrong to be wrong the monster nurtured will touch every corner of the country.

Fighting for peace is just as effective as having sex to maintain virginity: Fighting may bring submission, quietness but let these never be mistaken as peace.

An Igbo adage says:

“Nwata na agba igede amaro na Igede bu egwu Mmuo, Onye na agba no na nsogbu, Onye na Aku Igede no na nsogbu, onye na ekiri no na nsogbu”

this literally means in English:

“The Child who dances Igede do not know that Igede is the dance of the spirit, he who dances is in trouble, he who plays is in trouble even he who watches is in trouble.

The Igede music is playing today in country, it concerns some and most are indifferent, many applaud such colossal abhorrence and injustice but as our forebears say “Igede is the dance of the spirit” everyone somehow shares in the repercussion.

I advocate for peace, I advocate for the argument of the aggrieved to be heard and given a fair considerations on it’s merits.

By Johnydon22.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by eezeribe(m): 1:26pm On Sep 13, 2017
OK
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by Prouddevil(m): 1:27pm On Sep 13, 2017
grin
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by Jetjacky(m): 1:28pm On Sep 13, 2017
Lemme read
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by paiz: 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2017
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by mikejj(m): 1:31pm On Sep 13, 2017
grin i did nt read it to end. is to long fa.
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by johnydon22(m): 1:40pm On Sep 13, 2017
mikejj:
grin i did nt read it to end. is to long fa.

it's in fact less than a thousand words

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by Jetjacky(m): 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2017
johnydon22:

it's in fact less than a thousand words
I read it.
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by Kazim88: 1:46pm On Sep 13, 2017
Powerful write up

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by johnydon22(m): 1:49pm On Sep 13, 2017
Jetjacky:
I read it.

what do you think?
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by johnydon22(m): 1:50pm On Sep 13, 2017
Kazim88:
Powerful write up

Thank you boss... I hardly comment on biafran issues but truth be told this operation was totally unnecessary, it is and will do more harm than good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by BlackDBagba: 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2017
Tickets booked.... I'll be long gone by the time the python is done dancing.

I'll be sipping my Earl Grey tea and watching on 'breaking news'..

Kanu will be back to collecting his job seekers allowance and innocent Nigerians will be 6 foot under.

Silly people. undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by Kazim88: 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2017
johnydon22:

Thank you boss... I hardly comment on biafran issues but truth be told this operation was totally unnecessary, it is and will do more harm than good

Igbos and intelligent Nigerians need writer like you... You pen is powerful my brother. It would introduce you to the (new) world.
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by PehaKaso: 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2017
grin
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by PehaKaso: 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2017
grin
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by lastmessenger: 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2017
Nice thought I must confess. The python dance is not necessary rather the FG need to do the needful by addressing the cause of the agitation once and for all.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by johnydon22(m): 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2017
lastmessenger:
Nice thought I must confess. The python dance is not necessary rather the FG need to do the needful by addressing the cause of the agitation once and for all.

Thank you my brother
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by Jetjacky(m): 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2017
johnydon22:

what do you think?
I think it's a wise advice that would have been fruitful if Nigeria has ears, sadly, they don't.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by johnydon22(m): 10:36pm On Sep 13, 2017
Jetjacky:
I think it's a wise advice that would have been fruitful if Nigeria has ears, sadly, they don't.

I hope some would hear.. go to threads all over the front page and see people rejoicing over inhumane and barbaric treatment being meted on young men in the East.

Nigeria will never be OK until we stop applauding gross abhorrence and injustice.

2 Likes

Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by johnydon22(m): 10:36pm On Sep 13, 2017
Kazim88:

Igbos and intelligent Nigerians need writer like you... You pen is powerful my brother. It would introduce you to the (new) world.

thank you my good sir
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by ZorGBUooeh: 10:53pm On Sep 13, 2017
The truth of the matter is dat it's high time ibos fight for freedom..Its time to pick up arms against our oppressors ad fight for total freedom..Violence is the only language nigeria understands.
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by Jetjacky(m): 10:55pm On Sep 13, 2017
johnydon22:

I hope some would hear.. go to threads all over the front page and see people rejoicing over inhumane and barbaric treatment being meted on young men in the East.

Nigeria will never be OK until we stop applauding gross abhorrence and injustice.
Its the indoctrination we are fighting against. Most Nigerians are filled with hates, and ethnic bias. And the worse thing is, it's only growing worse each passing day. I don't know if it can be stopped anymore; Very soon it's apex would be reached, and the outcome would leave Nigeria irreparable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by plessis: 10:57pm On Sep 13, 2017
The greatest form of injustice is inaction to injustice.....

We will never forget this.....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by ValentineMary(m): 11:26pm On Sep 13, 2017
[I]nicely said Johnny. The operation python dance is similar to the mistakes the whites made in South Africa during the apartheid. Buhari has shown himself to be a dictator. [/i]

1 Like

Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by Omololu007(m): 11:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
johnydon22:

what do you think?
I enjoyed reading what you post up there bro.

I'm totally against the way the south east has been militarized. I do ask myself that,what's the job of the Nigerian police?

Fulani herdsmen that are killing people up and down the country are not dancing to the Python dance beat played by the Nigerian army and federal government,why should it be IPOB that has not taking arms against the Nigerian state that should be dancing to the beat?

The Catalonia's are not dancing to any beat,why should IBO's dance to a beat?

A child that dance to the beat of surugede,he does not know surugede is the dance of the spirit and not a child's play

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 13, 2017
lastmessenger:

Please what is the cause of the grievance? Please tell me.
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 13, 2017
Omololu007:
I enjoyed reading what you post up there bro.

I'm totally against the way the south east has been militarized. I do ask myself that,what's the job of the Nigerian police?

Fulani herdsmen that are killing people up and down the country are not dancing to the Python dance beat played by the Nigerian army and federal government,why should it be IPOB that has not taking arms against the Nigerian state that should be dancing to the beat?

The Catalonia's are not dancing to any beat,why should IBO's dance to a beat?

A child that dance to the beat of surugede,he does not know surugede is the dance of the spirit and not a child's play

Is the the real Omololu I know or another?
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 13, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:
The truth of the matter is dat it's high time ibos fight for freedom..Its time to pick up arms against our oppressors ad fight for total freedom..Violence is the only language nigeria understands.

Pick up arms anf grant your enemies their wish. angry
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by whatofyou: 11:52pm On Sep 13, 2017
I blame everybody and nobody. What I keep telling most of my friends is this: Buhari's government won't last forever. Let's be a little patient even if it has to get to the point of us doing the dance in the (python dance). This is the proverbial darkest hour before dawn. l see everybody learning from the enormous mistakes of this present administration, and this country being put on the path to glory.
People have different ways of responding to situations that are life-threatening. Mana ofe di oku ga emecha juo oyi. Patience and sacrifice.
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 13, 2017
whatofyou:
I blame everybody and nobody. What I keep telling most of my friends is this: Buhari's government won't last forever. Let's be a little patient even if it has to get to the point of us doing the dance in the (python dance). This is the proverbial darkest hour before dawn. l see everybody learning from the enormous mistakes of this present administration, and this country being put on the path to glory.
People have different ways of responding to situations that are life-threatening. Mana ofe di oku ga emecha juo oyi. Patience and sacrifice.

You better tell your people as Nigerians won't tolerate the insults any longer. Why is it only the igbo disturbing Nigerians out of 300+ ethnic groups? We have told you people to go back and develop the east by yourselves but you would rather flood the cities of those you hate and still insult them. Buhari has been really patient as no other President would have endured all he endured.

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

And Festus Keyamo Got Destroyed By His Own Tweets / Rivers State Is APC. Orashi MEGA RALLY 2018. Hon Amezhi Oseja, 4 Assembly / Throwback To When Nigeria Was Moving In The Right Direction.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.