Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. (5230 Views)

Video: See The Disturbing Extra Terrestrial Video Posted By Unicef Chile / 15 Most Anticipated Movies Of 2016 (With Pictures) / Check Out The 15 Most Anticipated Movies Of 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by obinna5000(m): 9:35pm On Mar 11, 2010
@nana
I hope u enjoyed "cannibal holocaust"? grin
Well, good luck watching "the hills have eyes". You'll need it. grin
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by nana(f): 10:03pm On Mar 11, 2010
obinna5000:

@nana
I hope u enjoyed "cannibal holocaust"? grin
Well, good luck watching "the hills have eyes". You'll need it. grin
Oh,need I say I can't eat my dinner anymore?Am so so irritated
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by mi3(f): 1:10pm On Mar 13, 2010
For me, it's not the gore that makes a film disturbing. It's the psychological aspect of it that genuinely frightens, So all those limb flying, blood spewing ones are not the criteria for a movie being disturbing for me,

Now, The Omen is hands down the most disturbing thing ever!

Silence of the Lambs

Sweeny Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street, even if it's supposedly a light hearted musical, suure!

American Psycho, seriously?

As far as books go, Stephen King's Pet Sematary is also deeply disturbing,

As far as recent ones go, The Unborn and The Orphan are also unsettling, The Japanese version of Dark water is also rather eerie.

and the MEGA disturbing film of ever, The Philosophy of a knife. It's documentary-isn about Unit 731, Japanese experimentation on human beings, puts Hitlers camps to shame, now THAT was a disturbing movie, no watch am if you sensitive!

Constantine, Stigmata and the Exorsist, religious themed ones get me every time!
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by iice(f): 2:58pm On Mar 13, 2010
It's disturbing how the Art of War 2 ever saw the light of day
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by mi3(f): 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2010
iice:

It's disturbing how the Art of War 2 ever saw the light of day

IICE!!! lmaoooo! mean!

the same can be said for The Knowing imho, i'm not one to make a fuss, buh i seriously considered asking for a refund after watching it. Nonsense and ingredients! *hisses with aplomb*
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by iice(f): 4:35pm On Mar 13, 2010
LOL i already knew the knowing was terrible before watching it. Abi no be Nic Cage? grin
After Wickerman which thoroughly vexed me, i just know that i have to prepare myself for the worse with Cage's films.

How these things get produced is disturbing jare.

BTW I loved the gore of Sweeney Toddy though i hate musicals. The pinnacle of love was manifested by my act of watching that movie. Johnny owes me grin
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by mi3(f): 4:47pm On Mar 13, 2010
Meyn Iice i was a victim! i don't think i'd ever bothered with a Nic Cage movie before that, he has those basset hound eyes that are depressing, aaaaand he just fails to raise any sort of excitement, i watched that one by mistake, there was nothing else on at that time at the cinema, punishment for impatience! never again!

Aaah don't get me wrong o, I LOVE Sweeny Todd, like unhealthily, see i adore Johnny, and the chick too, she played Belatrix in the HP movies, yes? I love the lighting of the film, the characters, everything!! lol, and the disturbingness only adds to it, just like Lemony Snickett: a tale of unfortunate events, which has something creepy about it that i just can't put my finger on,

ooh and while we are on movies that shouldn't be freaky but are, The Curious Case of Benjamin button creeps me out properly! even if my friend insists it's a very charming movie, *snort!*
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by iice(f): 5:03pm On Mar 13, 2010
Rofl. . .well now you know to stay away from Nic's movies. Unless you're absolutely sure it's worth the time and energy.
The chick in sweeney todd. . .Mrs. Burton. It's a package deal. . .johnny, Mr and Mrs Burton. grin I loved the the cinematography and all that, just it being a musical was hell.

Hehehehe, lemony snicket. I know what you mean. For a child movie to have such hmmmm evil, it was disturbing. But count olaf is almost adorable tongue

Old baby benjamin was disturbing.
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by obinna5000(m): 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2010
Johnny Depp, Helena Boham Carter & Tim Burton (The Three Musketeers)  wink Tim Burton can never do a movie nowadays without Johnny Depp & Helena Boham Carter.
Just like how Martin Scorsese can't do without Leonardo DiCaprio.
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by ayusco: 9:12pm On Mar 13, 2010
someone mentioned Abiku meeeeennnn that film gives me chills even typing about it, but for me hands down Candyman takes the crown. this film scared/disturbed me ages as a kid took me a long time b4 i could look @ the mirror
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by funso77(m): 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2010
Has anyone seen 'The Collector'?[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color] shocked That movie is crazy. experience killing at the weirdest, most cruel and heart-less form unimaginable coz its beyond human comprehension. how could someone sit down and think of such?
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by iice(f): 4:01pm On Mar 15, 2010
^^ who starred in it?

@Topic. . .people find the cell disturbing especially inside the mind of the psycho. I thought he had a beautiful mind. Creepy, but beautiful cheesy
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by denzel2009: 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2010
Nneka the pretty serpent and koto orun - very disturbing!
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by mi3(f): 4:28pm On Mar 15, 2010
IIce, Looool @ Old Baby Benjamin, it wasn't even funny meyn, i used all my strength to look for the "beauty" and whatnot in it, lai lai, fear won! tongue

As for Naija films that messed me up, Karashika, Blood Money and The Sign, not many movies manage to make me not want to sleep, these ones succeeded welllll!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoCdSd-uS4g

^^ That's a link for Philosophy of a knife, do NOT WATCH if you are a sensitive viewer, buh that is some of the most disturbing footage i have ever seen, that being said,
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by obinna5000(m): 7:01pm On Mar 15, 2010
@m.i.
"Men Behind the Sun (1988)" also talks about the atrocities that Unit 731 committed during the second World War. " "Philosophy of a Knife" and "Men Behind the Sun" talk about the same thing and are both graphically violent.
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by mi3(f): 7:13pm On Mar 15, 2010
obinna5000:

@m.i.
"Men Behind the Sun (1988)" also talks about the atrocities that Unit 731 committed during the second World War. " "Philosophy of a Knife" and "Men Behind the Sun" talk about the same thing and are both graphically violent.

True, true, haven't gotten round to Men Behind the sun though, still recovering, when i gather liver finish, i'll take it on smiley, in the mean time, i just read about it, Things that went down in Unit 731, horrendous!
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by obinna5000(m): 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2010
@m.i.
It also reminds me of the famous disgusting video on the internet "2 Girls 1 Cup". The video shows two girls eating feces from a cup and puking in each other's mouth.
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by mi3(f): 7:23pm On Mar 15, 2010
Obinnaaaaa! ewww! that's just wrong!
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by freecocoa(f): 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2010
after watching cannibal holocaust,it took me a while to get around to eating meat agian.house of wax creeped me out when i was a kid.saw really disturbed me and i can't forget i spit on ur grave.
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by iice(f): 4:06am On Mar 16, 2010
obinna5000:

@m.i.
It also reminds me of the famous disgusting video on the internet "2 Girls 1 Cup". The video shows two girls eating feces from a cup and puking in each other's mouth.

Now that is disturbing. A long time ago, my bro sent me a clip of something similar. . .aswerigawd it was shocked
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by vescucci(m): 8:59am On Mar 16, 2010
Oh man. My tummy is desperate to empty itself. I've never heard such a disgusting thing. Lucky I've never seen it. I'd be in an asylum.
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by iice(f): 9:02am On Mar 16, 2010
Do you want me to send it to you caro? grin I think i still have it buried in one my mails tongue
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by vescucci(m): 9:12am On Mar 16, 2010
Eh? You're looking for a warm body to keep you company in the asylum. Leave me abeg. I no want. Seriously o, cuz if you do, I won't be able to resist opening it.
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by iice(f): 9:19am On Mar 16, 2010
I'm feeling hmmmm evilish tongue
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by honeric01(m): 10:28am On Mar 16, 2010
Pot of life
Koto Orun
Hostel
Wrong turn
Cannibal
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by DL(m): 11:28am On Mar 16, 2010
Nneka the pretty serpent

Final destination I,II,III,IV
hills have have eyes 1 & 2
Dawn of the dead
Shaun of the dead
SAW I and V
Nightmare on elm street
Evil Dead
Anachrophobia
The invasion of the body snatchers
Bride of frankenstein
Midnight meat train(one hell of a horror movie)
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by nana(f): 12:36pm On Mar 16, 2010
Hostel isn't disturbing to me. Actually found the movie boring
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by obinna5000(m): 2:37pm On Mar 16, 2010
When I first saw "I Spit on Your Grave (1978)" as a kid, I thought it was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. After seeing it again recently, I thought the killings looked to comically (abi na fake)  tongue.
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by obinna5000(m): 2:40pm On Mar 16, 2010
I just got news that there is going to be a remake of "I Spit on Your Grave". Its going to be released on October 31, 2010.
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by vescucci(m): 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2010
On Halloween? Lame
Re: My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. by vescucci(m): 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2010
On Halloween? Lame

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodbye To Channel O / Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. / Deal Or No Deal Nigeria (crap)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.